Page 179 of 563 FirstFirst ... 79 129 169 177 178 179 180 181 189 229 279 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,580 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641
    IMO Favre had every intention of playing for the Vikings from the end of the Jets season on. Why else would he have booked a block of hotel rooms for the weekend of the Packer-Viking game while STILL ON THE JETS TEAM?
    +100000000000

With Favre and his bunch you have to watch what they DO and not what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    The final verdict is in. After 15 months of heated deliberation, a Lambeau stadium crowd of 70,000 mostly loyal Packer fans have found Brett Favre guilty of high treason. He has forever been branded a traitor.
    I bet he's devastated too SC
    They said God has a Tim Tebow complex!

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MOBB DEEP
    The final verdict is in. After 15 months of heated deliberation, a Lambeau stadium crowd of 70,000 mostly loyal Packer fans have found Brett Favre guilty of high treason. He has forever been branded a traitor.
    I bet he's devastated too SC
    BS....when it's all said and done he'll be welcomed home with open arms.

Antonio Freeman worked with Percy Harvin (flat out STUD!) this summer on route running, etc

Coming out of Florida that was the concern of SOME teams

Gota eat crow now: ROOKIE OF THE YEAR. Thanks to Free and MAYBE Bert....
    They said God has a Tim Tebow complex!

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

Quote Originally Posted by th87
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    Quote Originally Posted by th87
    I was always a Favre supporter. When he flipped out about Moss, I could see where he was coming from, for example. When he went on Greta, I was pretty shocked and disappointed, but I still thought there was some way out of this.

However, AS SOON AS I found that Favre was interested in the Vikings, all that good will went straight out the window.

Why? Because I thought Favre was different. I thought Packers football was different. I thought Favre was loyal to us Packer fans until the end of time. I considered Packer nation to be as close to a real nation as you can get. HOW COULD HE sign with our number 1 rival?? That's as close to real treason as you can get!

This is not just entertainment! This is GREEN BAY PACKER FOOTBALL. It's a part of my life and always will be.

And so the reason I want Favre to fail is precisely because I supported him so fervently all these years. He made me believe he was different - that Packer fans never had to worry about THE BRETT FAVRE to switch allegiances. Because he's better than that, and we're better than that.

But he showed me that none of that matters. He stabbed ME in the back. I took it VERY personally.

And so did everybody who booed.
    QFT.

Bert had a chance to be in a very small pantheon of heroes. He blew it.

Butler and Hendu are Packer People. Bert is not.
    Right on. He could've been beloved forever in Wisconsin. Wisconsin's pride. Statues, legends. People centuries from now would be taking about him like they talk about Abraham Lincoln or somebody.

I can't believe anybody could be that dumb.
    You are thinking even smaller than i hoped. Legendary players who only play for one team are beloved nationwide. In this day an age so rare. He had a chance to be in a pantheon that is really, really small.

He will be a HOF. But, there will always be an mental asterisk when his name comes up.

I think for many people the defining moment of his career will be him getting boo'd at Lambeau field for being a traitor.

So thank you to everyone at the game who performed their civic duty and let him have it.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I wonder if history will be kind enough to forget TT and M3's part in all this mess. Or do they get mental asterisks too?

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    Nice of you to admit that you rooted for Favre over the packers. Now you can finally move to becoming a vikes fan.

Wow. All that booing sounds traumatic for you. Must have been quite a shocker to come face to face with reality.

Well, ty thought the stories you made up regarding Favre....well showed signs of delusion, but now this....can even being to figure out the massive rationalizations in your head.

Have you always had the ability to discern the thoughts and emotions behind fan's boos?

I'm sure the Bear's game will be fun for you. Have you decided who you will be rooting for? The pack is the team in the green and gold.
    I don't buy in to your BS in looking for an argument...not worth my time.

I do want to add though, a while back there was a thread titled, WTF is going on here....or something to that effect. Your post is a perfect example of WTF is going on. I made sure to point out my post was my opinion....and added, to each their own. You respond with belittling comments meant for nothing more than to offend and berate. Sad little world you live in, but you have a good day Ty.
    Let's review. You were surprised at the booing. Why? Because you live in a world concocted to support your view of Bert. Only somebody deluded or living in a fantasy world would have been surprised that packer fans booed h im

2nd, you attempt to justify the booing so as to fit into your worldview. No, it couldn't be that they don't like him, it has to be something else. Something that will allow you to feel good about your position.

Lastly, i would rather live in my sad, but cognizant of the real world, world than live in your fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker
    I wonder if history will be kind enough to forget TT and M3's part in all this mess. Or do they get mental asterisks too?

They wont be around long enough, just a little smudge on the history of the Green Bay Packers.

I think kids watching the game on Sunday learned a valuable life lesson. No matter how rich, famous and successful you are, if you're deceitful, manipulative and expect to be treated better than regular people, you will be hated.

Why would they? They acted in the best interest of the team. Bert did not.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think for many people the defining moment of his career will be him getting boo'd at Lambeau field for being a traitor.

So thank you to everyone at the game who performed their civic duty and let him have it.
    On a side note, question for those living in different states. Here in Cali just about everyone I talk to is rooting for Favre. Not sure why because many would talk shit about him before regarding the retirement lagging. What is the vibe in other states?

They acted in what they thought was the best interest of the team. We will see how that all pans out when they are on the unemployment line.

While MM and TT have been cleared of any wrong doing in the Favre matter, they're performance evaluation criteria will eventually shift back towards the team's effectiveness - where it belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by g4orce

They acted in what they thought was the best interest of the team. We will see how that all pans out when they are on the unemployment line.
    No. A QB that can't commit. A QB who waffles. A qb unable to do the required work. that aint' in the best interest of the TEAM.

Because it doesn't work out doesn't mean they were wrong. Back to logic class for you.

On a side note, question for those living in different states. Here in Cali just about everyone I talk to is rooting for Favre. Not sure why because many would talk shit about him before regarding the retirement lagging. What is the vibe in other states?

Not in the Bay Area. Most people I talk to are just kind of sick of the story period, and aren't that interested in blaming anybody.

No. A QB that can't commit. A QB who waffles. A qb unable to do the required work. that aint' in the best interest of the TEAM.

Because it doesn't work out doesn't mean they were wrong. Back to logic class for you.

Well the TEAM he's playing for sure seems to make it work quite well. So did the TEAM he played on last season up until his injury. So did the 2007 TEAM that he was a QB for before that.

Offseason shit is for the birds when u got a QB that can teach the coaches the offense.

Here's the jury reading the verdict, and Favre's everlasting legacy:

http://video.google.com/videosearch?...en&emb=0&aq=f#

his legacy in your eyes. When he's done and I mean really retired, his legacy will be of one that you talk about thats historic and legendary. He will be talked about in such a high honor for his style of play and what he accomplished that I'll have a smile from ear to ear and guys like you, will want to puke. But its all ok, cuz to each his own.

his legacy in your eyes.

Millions and millions of eyes - all watching Brett get the big thumbs down from the wonderful folk who fill our Lambeau Field. The people have spoken. Brett is, and always will be, a traitor.