Page 18 of 563 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 518 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

That jersey reminds me of this:

Thats a cool jersey
    Baah

Senior Rat HOFer
    I am putting together two green ones.. i think it looks to weird if its half white, half green...

Quote Originally Posted by GBRulz
    Nothing against Brett, but I think this is pretty gay. If you want to support Brett, that's fine. Then buy his Jets jersey. Personally, I'm trying to determine what Packers jersey I will get next. I've had Sterling Sharpe, Bryce Paup, Dorsey Levens, Brett Favre, and Ahman Green. I'm trying to figure out if I want that Jennings jersey or the Hawk jersey next.

Senior Rat HOFer
    Harv,

I think you should go against the grain and get a crosby... he's sweet and should be around for awhile.. kickers get no love!

Sloppy Brett Favre throws 2 picks, rolls ankle; Jets fall to Chargers 48-29
    BY RICH CIMINI
    DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

SAN DIEGO - An ugly, almost embarrassing game for the Jets, who imploded Monday night in a 48-29 loss to the Chargers, ended with this sobering snapshot in their cramped locker room:

Brett Favre sitting in front of his locker stall, his left ankle wrapped in an Ace bandage. It was difficult to tell which hurt him more, the ankle or his two costly interceptions.

"I think they're okay," Favre said of the X-ray results, "aside from the old ankle."

YOUR BRUSH WITH BROADWAY JOE?
    Favre said he "rolled" his ankle in the third quarter, although he stayed in the game until his mercy pulling with two minutes left in the disaster at Qualcomm Stadium. He has played with worse injuries during his amazing streak of 256 consecutive starts - assuming this is just a routine sprain - so it's hard to imagine him sitting out next week against the Cardinals.

It was that kind of night for the Jets (1-2), who committed three first-half turnovers and gave a gift touchdown with an onsides kick that backfired - four blunders that resulted in 28 points for the Chargers (1-2). The 48 points were the most allowed by the Jets since the 1995 opener, Rich Kotite's debut.

"We can't play this way," Eric Mangini said, seething. "Too many self-inflicted wounds."

The nation received its first prime-time viewing of Favre in a Jets uniform. Unfortunately for the Jets, they, too, acted like it was their first time in the presence of the future Hall of Famer.

After a week of heavy criticism for conservative play-calling, Mangini loosened the reins on Favre and the result was a mistake-filled meltdown before a raucous crowd and millions of TV watchers who probably were left with the same impression: Maybe he should've stayed retired.

Facing the NFL's 31st-ranked pass defense, Favre was out of sync with his receivers and threw both interceptions in the first half, Antonio Cromartie returning the first 52 yards for a touchdown. Favre (30-for-42, 271 yards) made two other ill-advised passes that almost were intercepted, underscoring his lack of familiarity with the playbook - although he insisted that wasn't the case.

"I feel much better with the offense," said Favre, who threw touchdown passes to Laveranues Coles (7 yards), Chansi Stuckey (4) and Dustin Keller (13) - the latter two in garbage time. "There are no excuses from my end tonight to say, 'I'm still learning the offense.' I, as well as the rest of the offense, made some mistakes. ... Bad plays."

The Jets made it easy for the Chargers, giving their high-powered opponent great field position because of three turnovers. A first-quarter fumble by Thomas Jones, coupled with Favre's two interceptions in the second quarter, resulted in 16- and 45-yard touchdown drives by the Chargers.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell
    Sloppy Brett Favre throws 2 picks, rolls ankle; Jets fall to Chargers 48-29
    BY RICH CIMINI
    DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

SAN DIEGO - An ugly, almost embarrassing game for the Jets, who imploded Monday night in a 48-29 loss to the Chargers, ended with this sobering snapshot in their cramped locker room:

Brett Favre sitting in front of his locker stall, his left ankle wrapped in an Ace bandage. It was difficult to tell which hurt him more, the ankle or his two costly interceptions.

"I think they're okay," Favre said of the X-ray results, "aside from the old ankle."

YOUR BRUSH WITH BROADWAY JOE?
    Favre said he "rolled" his ankle in the third quarter, although he stayed in the game until his mercy pulling with two minutes left in the disaster at Qualcomm Stadium. He has played with worse injuries during his amazing streak of 256 consecutive starts - assuming this is just a routine sprain - so it's hard to imagine him sitting out next week against the Cardinals.

It was that kind of night for the Jets (1-2), who committed three first-half turnovers and gave a gift touchdown with an onsides kick that backfired - four blunders that resulted in 28 points for the Chargers (1-2). The 48 points were the most allowed by the Jets since the 1995 opener, Rich Kotite's debut.

"We can't play this way," Eric Mangini said, seething. "Too many self-inflicted wounds."

The nation received its first prime-time viewing of Favre in a Jets uniform. Unfortunately for the Jets, they, too, acted like it was their first time in the presence of the future Hall of Famer.

After a week of heavy criticism for conservative play-calling, Mangini loosened the reins on Favre and the result was a mistake-filled meltdown before a raucous crowd and millions of TV watchers who probably were left with the same impression: Maybe he should've stayed retired.

Facing the NFL's 31st-ranked pass defense, Favre was out of sync with his receivers and threw both interceptions in the first half, Antonio Cromartie returning the first 52 yards for a touchdown. Favre (30-for-42, 271 yards) made two other ill-advised passes that almost were intercepted, underscoring his lack of familiarity with the playbook - although he insisted that wasn't the case.

"I feel much better with the offense," said Favre, who threw touchdown passes to Laveranues Coles (7 yards), Chansi Stuckey (4) and Dustin Keller (13) - the latter two in garbage time. "There are no excuses from my end tonight to say, 'I'm still learning the offense.' I, as well as the rest of the offense, made some mistakes. ... Bad plays."

The Jets made it easy for the Chargers, giving their high-powered opponent great field position because of three turnovers. A first-quarter fumble by Thomas Jones, coupled with Favre's two interceptions in the second quarter, resulted in 16- and 45-yard touchdown drives by the Chargers.
    I love how he said "his mercy pulling with 2 minutes left".

Acting like favre was just getting hammered and playing horrible. He fails to mention that in the 4th quarter, prior to getting pulled. favre had just put two TD's in a row on the board.

Mercy pulling? Was more like "ok, so we were going to lose, but Brett got some good time in with the offense during the game, put a few scores up, no use risking getting him hurt."

As for the ankle? Come on, give it a rest. People roll them all the time.

No big deal, athletes far too often hang around too long.
    In this case, Brett just has stayed too long at the party.
    His GM and head coach gave him the ultimate retirement present : an opportunity to reach the Super Bowl. His failure on the big stage should have been the final wake-up call.
    Instead, like too many players, he fell prey to ego, listened to very bad advice from his family, and wound up shaming himself in an unsuccessful effort to manipulate the very organization & fans that supported him for so long.
    Now, he is paying the price
    No big deal.

Bring on the Bucs!
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

[quote="HarveyWallbangers"]

Nothing against Brett, but I think this is pretty gay. If you want to support Brett, that's fine. Then buy his Jets jersey. Personally, I'm trying to determine what Packers jersey I will get next. I've had Sterling Sharpe, Bryce Paup, Dorsey Levens, Brett Favre, and Ahman Green. I'm trying to figure out if I want that Jennings jersey or the Hawk jersey next.
    I agree, I think it's an ugly jersey! But people will do anything to try and make a buck...

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    But people will do anything to try and make a buck...
    That's the truth!

https://www.mightyputty.com/spark/in...ag=mpedseag100

I missed the first half, but in the second half they were moving the ball fairly well. What I didn't like was the fact that with like 5 min. left in the 3rd quarter, they go for it on 4th instead of kicking a field goal(down 38-14), then the missed 2 pt. conversion, if they played that smart they would have made it a close game late in the 4th. I thought Favre played pretty good and will get the offense moving better vs lesser defenses than SD and NE.

Found a few comments about that article:

-This article was written by Rich Cimini...nothing he ever writes about the Jets is positive. He's just a no-talent hack as far as reporters go.

-Is it me or is Cimini a “half-empty glass” guy? He’s never happy.

Baah

SIX TD's !!! Not bad for an old, washed up guy, eh?

Rat Starter
    God help me.
    Check out my mock draft at The Football Expert

Congrats to Brett. Good game. With our season looking to be crumbling, it would be nice to get the highest pick possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle.McCarroll
    God help me.
    This is the spot for Brett chat & news. I'm not rubbing it in people's face, not starting threads....

Congrats to Brett. Good game. With our season looking to be crumbling, it would be nice to get the highest pick possible.
    Perhaps a 2nd rounder isn't out of the question?? We could certainly use it!

Rat Starter
    God help me.
    This is the spot for Brett chat & news. I'm not rubbing it in people's face, not starting threads....
    I understand that. Not saying that you were. I just know we are going to hear a lot of about it this week, and it's going to piss me off.

God help me.
    I understand that. Not saying that you were. I just know we are going to hear a lot of about it this week, and it's going to piss me off.
    Use the imaginary ignore button

Rat Starter
    God help me.
    Use the imaginary ignore button
    That button is broken for me.

I would much rather use the "Pow! Right in the Kisser!" button.

Perhaps a 2nd rounder isn't out of the question?? We could certainly use it!
    Brett was awesome today - first time passing 6 TDs in same game.
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.