Page 2 of 563 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 502 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

[quote="mission"]"pushing rules"

bretsky, what do you have a mohawk and tight black jeans on with a studded belt... listening to the Misfits a

there are no rules... how about courtesies ??? its obvious that the vast majority of users are here to talk about the packers. as brett-talk pertains to the packers (and that will be LESS AND LESS if at all), then the conversation is fine.

as is, it's OFF TOPIC. (if you really wanna be a dick about it)

"real talk"[/quote

SERIOUSLY, try to just avoid the thread. i only click on threads where i see the author is someone i respect or the topic is intriquing (MAYBE 4 on most days i log on; no way do i wanna read about possible 4th string guards' progress in TC)

btw, over the years people have posted on former packers' situations on other teams my man
    They said God has a Tim Tebow complex!

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

ahh bro im just playin around man... i dont really care (one way or the other)

indifference to things you have no control over would help a lot of people's emotions around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    Quote Originally Posted by DannoMac21
    The four or five Packerrats who care about Favre will enjoy this thread very much.

I'm officially renouncing my membership in the Brett Favre fan club. I may re-consider once he is no longer affiliated with enemy teams. If he begs. But for now he is an enemy combatant.

I expect that this deeply disturbs him.

SC, you've changed man. it's NOT bretts fault he's in jersey so i dont thnk that qualifies as enemy especially since theyre not on pack sched. i think of it like my brother or cousin got shafted, i mean traded

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mission
    ahh bro im just playin around man... i dont really care (one way or the other)

indifference to things you have no control over would help a lot of people's emotions around here.

now thats REAL TALK,,,here and in life

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

I think Brett deserves the vast majority of the blame for what happened.

i havnt been able to bring my self to do it (in denial the past 7 days) but im going to go to a jets forum and nfl site to see whats going on before sat's game vs skins (man i wish it was here in DC; even tho jerz is close im on call at the psych unit til late, DAYUM)

VERY good chance i'll make it to miami for opener to AT LEAST tailgate (brother in law workn on tix)

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

from NFLN

lol, bubba was sayn that the other players were observing #4 in awe, wathchn him make incredible plays. meanwhile he, bubba, was sittn back laughn b/c he's SO used to seein brett do the things he was doing...

i can visualize that

brett says the jet's system isnt easy "at all" and that he has "just enuff down to run those plays saturday"

he says he isnt sure how things will turn out on sat

him and skins QB jason campbell went fishing on brett's property over the summer

btw, TheGangGreen.com forum is quite sophisticated except they swear even more than u heathens. i'll introduce myself friday and pray they give me a warm welcome....he he

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

I hope Mangini heeds Favre on the tired arm deal. They have been limiting his throws from OTAs, minicamps and Training camp since he came down with tendinitis in his elbow in 2000.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    I think Brett deserves the vast majority of the blame for what happened.
    In a way. All the media circus was petty much generated by Favre obviously. I still come back to this over and over when discussing this. When Favre called McCarthy and said "I want to come back", I believe the official response should have been rather terse. Great, see you in camp. Rodgers starts out #1 on the depth chart and if he outplays him, he stays there.

Just my take.

Thanx for starting one of these Mobb, keeping us posted on how Brett is doing in New York.
    Now, the haters don't need to open this thread and reply with insults and little sarcastic remarks every time a good word is said about Favre.
    Baah

Chad Pennington is smart enough to give Bill Parcells' latest reclamation project a chance. Not only does he know Dan Henning's offense from their year together with the Jets in 2000, but right now he knows Brian Schottenheimer's offense better than Favre. And no doubt he's already spilling his guts.

If Pennington beats the Jets, GM Mike Tannenbaum will have some explaining to do about how, in the euphoria of trading for Favre, he couldn't trade Pennington and get him out of the AFC East.

"When somebody is a free agent, we can't control where he goes," Tannenbaum said Tuesday. "The fact that he is going within the division is another challenge we have to deal with as an organization. He makes Miami a better team."

Pennington was a free agent only because the Jets made him a free agent. The Packers refused to trade Favre to the Vikings or Bears in the NFC North and would not cut him because they knew he would sign with Minnesota.
    more freedom, less government. Go Sarah!

Bucs should have tried harder for Favre
    Posted by Keith Kidd

After a back-and-forth soap opera in Green Bay, QB Brett Favre has been traded to the New York Jets. However, Tampa Bay should have tried harder to trade for Favre because he would have been a perfect fit and would have made the Bucs much better.

Jon Gruden and Brett Favre should have been reunited in Tampa Bay.
    It is clear the Packers didn't want to trade Favre within the NFC, which is why their asking price from Tampa Bay was more than what they got from New York. But if it would have taken just a slightly better draft pick than the Jets reportedly traded plus a veteran player to bring the future Hall of Fame quarterback to Tampa Bay, the Bucs' organization dropped the ball.
    Bucs coach Jon Gruden has a prior relationship with Favre from when he was on the Packers' coaching staff from 1992-94, and Gruden has a history of getting the most out of experienced quarterbacks. He did wonders for Rich Gannon in Oakland and Brad Johnson in Tampa Bay when the Bucs won the Super Bowl, and even for Jeff Garcia last season. This move would have been good for the defending NFC South champion Bucs as well as for Favre, who would have joined a team in a winnable division loaded with veteran players, making for an easier transition.

Even though Gruden's playbook is one of the most sophisticated, Favre wouldn't have struggled transitioning to a different West Coast offensive system. Gruden would have sat down with him and quarterbacks coach Greg Olson to figure out what Favre is most comfortable with and would have built on that as the regular season neared. Gruden's playbook has a lot of similarities to what Favre is used to because it is all derived from Mike Holmgren's system. The hardest part for Favre would have been getting familiar with the Buccaneers' terminology, but he would have done all he could to make a smooth transition. He would have spent extra time in the meeting room working with Gruden, Olson and the other quarterbacks trying to catch up.

Favre would have made running backs Earnest Graham, Warrick Dunn and Carnell Williams better. The Buccaneers love to pound the rock, and opposing defenses wouldn't have been able to play eight men in the box like they do with Jeff Garcia under center, because Favre would have picked them apart. Favre would have done things Garcia can't do because Favre has a lot more arm strength and can attack all levels in the passing game.

The offensive linemen would have been much-improved because they would be able to protect him much easier than Garcia, since Garcia tends to move around in the pocket a lot, which makes it difficult for the linemen to have a common ground and know their depth within the pocket. Even though Favre is somewhat of a gunslinger, he is still primarily a pocket passer. The addition of C Jeff Faine in free agency also would have helped Favre's transition because of Faine's ability to handle the protections while identifying fronts and blitzes, which is less that Favre would have had to worry about. He would have had to focus only on his position and worry only about the back end in regards to zone concepts and coverage designs.

Favre was able to do wonders in Green Bay with a young receiving corps, and there are many similarities between the Packers and Bucs. Both have one veteran receiver -- Donald Driver in Green Bay and Joey Galloway in Tampa -- and both have a stable of young talent. Favre would have had no problem connecting with Galloway because he is a true No. 1, even though he isn't getting any younger. But Favre could have done wonders for Michael Clayton, who should be in the No. 2 role since Ike Hilliard fits best as a No. 3. Adding a premier passer would have helped Clayton's chances of getting back to producing like he did during his rookie season (1,193 yards and seven touchdowns). TE Alex Smith's production would have also increased because Favre loves to incorporate his tight ends, especially near the goal line.

Last season the Bucs were No. 17 in the NFL in third-down percentage, while Green Bay was No. 8. If the Bucs had Favre under center, the Bucs' defense would have been able to rest a little longer. Plus, the improved running game wouldn't hurt, either.

If the Bucs had Favre, maybe they wouldn't have been on a level with Dallas just yet, but they would have definitely gained ground in the NFC.

The marriage between Favre and Gruden definitely would have had a happy ending. The last time they were paired together (1994) Favre threw for 3,882 yards, 33 touchdowns, 14 interceptions and a 90.7 quarterback rating in Green Bay (while Gruden was the wide receivers coach). They'd be in the playoffs, possibly have a home game and then from there, with Favre, anything is possible. It wasn't out of the realm of possibility that Favre could have led the Bucs to a conference title game or even a Super Bowl -- which, by the way, is in Tampa this year.
    more freedom, less government. Go Sarah!

At the receiving end of the deal, that's a hard call. Pennington might not generate the interest Favre did among teams that view him as a starter. And teams that viewed him as a backup could afford to out wait the Jets.

The Jets would have need to perform cap surgery to keep both until a trade could be arranged.

Quote Originally Posted by motife
    Chad Pennington is smart enough to give Bill Parcells' latest reclamation project a chance. Not only does he know Dan Henning's offense from their year together with the Jets in 2000, but right now he knows Brian Schottenheimer's offense better than Favre. And no doubt he's already spilling his guts.

If Pennington beats the Jets, GM Mike Tannenbaum will have some explaining to do about how, in the euphoria of trading for Favre, he couldn't trade Pennington and get him out of the AFC East.

"When somebody is a free agent, we can't control where he goes," Tannenbaum said Tuesday. "The fact that he is going within the division is another challenge we have to deal with as an organization. He makes Miami a better team."

Pennington was a free agent only because the Jets made him a free agent. The Packers refused to trade Favre to the Vikings or Bears in the NFC North and would not cut him because they knew he would sign with Minnesota.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Things I noted from the article....

Arm "fatigued"

"I feel 38 today."

“I wondered this morning when I got up, ‘What in the heck am I doing?.....I hate to study....I hate to practice." - It's only been a week!

Brett ran a second penalty lap per team rules. - I really wonder how many more times he'll do this to be "one of the guys" without griping. I don't think he can keep being required to do it without feeling disrespected.

Farve has a habit of starting a sentence, "To be honest with you,...." and then speaks his mind, often just off the cuff. For his sake I hope he plays well because in the media jungle of New York it's not hard to imagine the writers dissecting every word he says and spinning it negatively if and when he plays poorly.

Farve owned GB in a PR sense after earning the respect of the football world over so many years. But the media of the Big Apple will chew him up and spit him out if he struggles through the first few games.

Being publicly trashed by your hometown media during the football season is pressure that Farve has never faced. I hope he doesn't experience that this season either because I have my doubts how well he and his quality family would positively respond to it.

Just my personal opinion, but I just don't think any family from Hattiesburg, Mississippi can easily adjust to the center stage glare of New York, much less when its head is a HOF quarterback expected to revive a disappointing professional football franchise.

Culturally, round peg in a square hole, IMHO, facing enormous expectations to succeed. I can't begin to imagine the pressure to perform well.

Quote Originally Posted by gex
    Now, the haters don't need to open this thread and reply with insults and little sarcastic remarks every time a good word is said about Favre.
    Are you hearing voices in your head, these "haters" you refer to? Because I don't see any of the remarks you describe in the forum. Did you read/hear any of these voices today?

I'm also confused how having this thread will block out the voices, but I'm glad its working for you.

Thanks Mobb. Good luck Brett.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    Quote Originally Posted by gex
    Are you hearing voices in your head, these "haters" you refer to? Because I don't see any of the remarks you describe in the forum. Did you read/hear any of these voices today?

I'm also confused how having this thread will block out the voices, but I'm glad its working for you.
    Harlan, its a Favre thread, others have asked for it and its not a bad idea.
    I know nobody has to but, to keep things kosher, if you don't care to hear about Favre or just always have to cut him down, don't post in this one thread.

....btw, I am very much crazy, I got over the denial stage years ago.
    Baah

you are the problem, gex. your continued talk of "haters" is just carrying on an argument that ended long ago. Nobody is cutting down Favre, unless you are referring to the much-deserved criticism he got in the month before left Green Bay.

move on, its over.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    you are the problem, gex. your continued talk of "haters" is just carrying on an argument that ended long ago. Nobody is cutting down Favre, unless you are referring to the much-deserved criticism he got in the month before left Green Bay.

move on, its over.
    Ok
    Baah

Senior Rat All-Pro

Re: OFFICIAL BRETT THE JET THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by LL2
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBB DEEP
    LET'S GOOOOOOOO.....!!!!!
    GOOOOOOOOO to a Jets forum. I don't want to read about Favre 38 yr old tired arm! Sounds like your more of a fan of Brett Favre than the Packers.
    I just finished about 1/2 hour at a Jett's website, talk about hard to find your way around - maybe I picked the wrong one (if they have more than one) but it seemed like a hodge-podge of info and all I wanted was the stupid 2008 schedule, that's what I put in their search box anyway.
    Is it really a halo or
    just a swelled head ?