Page 2 of 531 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 502 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mission
    "pushing rules"

bretsky, what do you have a mohawk and tight black jeans on with a studded belt... listening to the Misfits again? relax man, this aint 1984 or something.

there are no rules... how about courtesies ??? its obvious that the vast majority of users are here to talk about the packers. as brett-talk pertains to the packers (and that will be LESS AND LESS if at all), then the conversation is fine.

as is, it's OFF TOPIC. (if you really wanna be a dick about it)

"real talk"

If I really wanted to be a dick about it I'd just simplify this and note that this area is for football talk and Packer talk

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    Quote Originally Posted by DannoMac21
    The four or five Packerrats who care about Favre will enjoy this thread very much.

I'm officially renouncing my membership in the Brett Favre fan club. I may re-consider once he is no longer affiliated with enemy teams. If he begs. But for now he is an enemy combatant.

I expect that this deeply disturbs him.
    Because he cares just as much for how our boss treats us as we care about how his boss treats him.

add this bit of statistical trivia Re this thread:

Replies: 7,976 and Views: 160,908

Maybe it should be retired before the weight of it on the starboard side casts the ship ashore. (-;
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    ...or, Favre just got old and isn't very good anymore. It isn't always someone else's fault.
    Now that response leaves me wondering about your 'objective' analytical skills.

The point I'm trying to make in this discussion with you Patler, and noone else here at PackerRats. Is that IMO many here including you. may be clouded in your analysis by a certain prejudice against Brett Favre. Many here hate the man. I do not place you in that category. You may be prejudiced and I hope not. Why? Because that would slant your view of Brett Favre.

I can re-call the exact moment I was sure that Fvare was guilty of the accusations against him that I was shocked at. I posted pbmax as to his view on that matter. He informed me that in his most definite view. That video was of Brett Favre.

I got that from pbmax. That was good enough for me.

Now back to this debate with you Patler:

Fair analysis of Brett Favre and last season must consider the failure to protect him. With a well functioning OL I believe he would have not gotten as banged up. He would have had better timing and some better option to role out of the pocket 'only' when necessary. Not retreat as often as he ws forced to.

I also stand on the fact that the Vikings were weak at WR and that hurt Favre. The drops early in last season were over the top. He can never be criticized for his courage Patler. He can never be criticized for the strength of his arm. His mental game is competent. He needed time for reads and WR's to go to and catch the throws that so often were right on the money and the catch blown.

I maintain that he very well could play at a high level in the NFL yet can only guess if he will. I hope he stays away from the game but he may feel a need to vindicate himself.

Favre also has a big ego. That gets him in some trouble. (-:

GO PACKERS!
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

This thread:

OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Started by MOBB DEEP, 08-14-2008 12:28 AM

475 Pages ... Replies: 9,498 ... Views: 298,139

Nearly 10,000 Replies and 300 K Views. HOLY COW !

http://www.kenoshanews.com/sports/mu...470887861.html

Lots in this article that interesting from Packers’ president and CEO Mark Murphy's perspective including The Packers moving on without three of their most popular players with the loss of Jennings, Driver and Woodson. Also please check out the part dedicated to WR Randall Cobb... Cobb’s future bright

I wanted to tie a few things together ... RE: Favre and his possible (inevitable) re-union with the Green Bay Packers. That's been covered but maybe not exactly as I'm presenting here:

From the Link above:

What about Favre?

"The Packers took a step in the right direction in warming their icy relationship with Favre at the NFL awards program in February when the three-time MVP joined Rodgers at the podium to present Peyton Manning with the 2012 Comeback Player of the Year award.

“I thought it was a very good first step,” Murphy said.

“We’ve said we want to retire his number and get him back here. It’s got to be the right timing for both him and us. It’s a pretty significant honor and he deserves it. He was one of the greatest players, if not the greatest player, in the history of the organization.”

Favre, who has stated publicly he has no relationship with the Packers, is currently the offensive coordinator for Oak Grove High School in Hattiesburg, Miss."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/ta...me/mark-murphy

Please Read:

Aaron Rodgers cleans up for Packers, Favre

February, 5, 2013 ... By Kevin Seifert ... ESPN.com

Prior to that phone conversation, Rodgers and Favre hadn't spoken much since 2008 -- a distance I've always attributed to their distinctly different personalities as well as the inherent tension of a Hall of Fame succession. In the end, however, it was probably on Rodgers -- for lack of a better phrase -- to be the grown-up here. Favre wasn't likely to beg the Packers for forgiveness, and if Packers president Mark Murphy or general manager Ted Thompson have reached out to Favre, it has not been reported publicly.

"It didn't take a lot of coaxing for me to do it," Rodgers said. "I did want to sit and think about whether it was the right thing to do. I really feel very secure in my position with the team and feel good about the things that we've been able to accomplish in my five years as the starter, and feel good about the direction the organization is going in.

"Brett is two years removed from the game. He's going to obviously be in the Packers Hall of Fame. He'll get his number retired, and he'll be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame in the next few years. It's important, I think, to make sure that he's recognized for all the accomplishments that he's achieved in our organization especially. He's still very dear to many of our fans for the things that he's done for the Packers on the field. You can never take that away." Fr. LINK immediately

Finally:

Brett Favre:Disappointment of losing led to retirement talk NFL.com

Published: April 13, 2013 at 01:58 a.m.

Updated: April 13, 2013 at 12:25 p.m

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...etirement-talk

"Favre's many will-he-or-won't he melodramas -- first with the Packers, later with the Minnesota Vikings -- made him the butt of nationwide jokes, and were taken as a sign of the future Pro Football Hall of Famer's selfishness, even diva mentality. According to ESPN's Jason Wilde, however, Favre said the exact opposite was true." Fr. LINK

See LINK above for Brett Favre's response to this.

" Favre also explained what it felt like when his career ended on a concussion suffered during a 2010 Vikings home game that had to be played outdoors at TFC Bank Stadium because of roof damage to the Metrodome. " Fr. LINK

Favre predictably was asked about a possible reunion with the Pack.

His answer:

"We'll do it one day."

Comment woodbuck27:

Mark Murphy and Ted Thompson.

The time when Brett Favre will become a first ballot HOFer isn't far away.

Please ... don't embarrass/taint the Legacy/History of all that's been the GREEN BAY PACKERS by procrastinating in terms of retiring Brett Favre's number and adding him and all he gave to the Green Bay Packers with a formal recognition and induction in the Packers HOF.

Get that done ASAP. Please 'just' do it !

GO PACKERS !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-14-2013 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Comment woodbuck27:

Please ... don't embarrass/taint the Legacy/History of all that's been the GREEN BAY PACKERS by procrastinating in terms of retiring Brett Favre's number and adding him and all he gave to the Green Bay Packers with a formal recognition and induction in the Packers HOF.

I think Favre is the one procrastinating here. A quote of ""We'll do it one day." sounds like he's nor ready. He's either waiting for Thompson to retire from the Packers, or he's still worried about what the fan reaction would be. Or both.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I think Favre is the one procrastinating here. A quote of ""We'll do it one day." sounds like he's nor ready. He's either waiting for Thompson to retire from the Packers, or he's still worried about what the fan reaction would be. Or both.
    Wow ! Joe ! Full marks for your propoganda skills. Where's your support for that, 'false' claim?

Are you aware of what Brett Favre claims... was the actual case... of his discovery that he was traded to the New York Jets?

I've communicated the 'DETAILS' on that with a certain prominant member of Packerrats.

So ... I'll focus on that:

If 'in fact' Favre's claim is the TRUTH. Then I can certainly understand why he might have a solid reason for any beef with Ted Thompson (if in fact that's the case? ...or that twist in Favre's finding out he was a NY Jet is 'in fact' true).

If the way he discovered that he was a NY Jet ... is true. Ted Thompson certainly showed Brett Favre a negligent and undeserving disrespect. Ted Thompson totally bungled another one.

That certainly would be 'the exact case'; in Brett Favre mind, body, heart and soul. The hurt would have been severe.

That disrespect would understandedly be 'the straw that broke the camels back'; in terms of Favre and Ted Thompson relations and communications.

A deep seeded hurt that Brett Favre would have certainly suffered, knowing him as I do as a Packer fan.

If Ted Thompson is guilty of this disrespect? The obvious question that begs to be answered is:

What else is Ted Thompson capable of, in terms of certain decency and proper relations and Packer management / Packer player minimum requirements regarding communications?

In the case of Favre becoming a New York Jet. Ted Thompson certainly bungled that as the fact it became for Brett Favre's life.

PACKERS !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-14-2013 at 11:21 AM.

When Favre said "We'll do it one day" I think he was daydreaming about Erin Andrews.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

When I made this post I never thought that Packerrats would push so hard for the Magic 10,000 (500 page) post >>> in this awesome thread. What an awesome 'push'.:

05-14-2013, 02:32 PM Post #9671

By: 'Yours Truly' >>> back on page 484.

Lots in this article that interesting from Packers’ president and CEO Mark Murphy's perspective including The Packers moving on without three of their most popular players with the loss of Jennings, Driver and Woodson. Also please check out the part dedicated to WR Randall Cobb... Cobb’s future bright

I wanted to tie a few things together ... RE: Favre and his possible (inevitable) re-union with the Green Bay Packers. That's been covered but maybe not exactly as I'm presenting here:

From the Link above:

What about Favre?

"The Packers took a step in the right direction in warming their icy relationship with Favre at the NFL awards program in February when the three-time MVP joined Rodgers at the podium to present Peyton Manning with the 2012 Comeback Player of the Year award.

“We’ve said we want to retire his number and get him back here. It’s got to be the right timing for both him and us. It’s a pretty significant honor and he deserves it. He was one of the greatest players, if not the greatest player, in the history of the organization.”

Favre, who has stated publicly he has no relationship with the Packers, is currently the offensive coordinator for Oak Grove High School in Hattiesburg, Miss."

Please Read:

Prior to that phone conversation, Rodgers and Favre hadn't spoken much since 2008 -- a distance I've always attributed to their distinctly different personalities as well as the inherent tension of a Hall of Fame succession. In the end, however, it was probably on Rodgers -- for lack of a better phrase -- to be the grown-up here. Favre wasn't likely to beg the Packers for forgiveness, and if Packers president Mark Murphy or general manager Ted Thompson have reached out to Favre, it has not been reported publicly.

"It didn't take a lot of coaxing for me to do it," Rodgers said. "I did want to sit and think about whether it was the right thing to do. I really feel very secure in my position with the team and feel good about the things that we've been able to accomplish in my five years as the starter, and feel good about the direction the organization is going in.

"Brett is two years removed from the game. He's going to obviously be in the Packers Hall of Fame. He'll get his number retired, and he'll be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame in the next few years. It's important, I think, to make sure that he's recognized for all the accomplishments that he's achieved in our organization especially. He's still very dear to many of our fans for the things that he's done for the Packers on the field. You can never take that away." Fr. LINK immediately

Finally:

Brett Favre: Disappointment of losing led to retirement talk NFL.com

Updated: April 13, 2013 at 12:25 PM

"Favre's many will-he-or-won't he melodramas -- first with the Packers, later with the Minnesota Vikings -- made him the butt of nationwide jokes, and were taken as a sign of the future Pro Football Hall of Famer's selfishness, even diva mentality. According to ESPN's Jason Wilde, however, Favre said the exact opposite was true." Fr. LINK

" Favre also explained what it felt like when his career ended on a concussion suffered during a 2010 Vikings home game that had to be played outdoors at TFC Bank Stadium because of roof damage to the Metrodome. " Fr. LINK

His answer:

"We'll do it one day."

Comment woodbuck27:

Comment woodbuck27:

Maybe it's because we don't have a lot to focus our discussions on at this time of 'the Off Season'; but all the same, this post sure caused the flurry of responses needed to push for the 10,000th post.

All of Packerrats should be proud.

GO Packerrats GO !

GO PACK GO !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-25-2013 at 01:53 PM.

I truly believe Favre has a bigger issue with M3 than TT. It was M3 who wanted to go with Rodgers and once #4 retired he moved forward at lightening speed. And it was M3 who Favre had those marathon talks with that August, not TT.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I truly believe Favre has a bigger issue with M3 than TT. It was M3 who wanted to go with Rodgers and once #4 retired he moved forward at lightening speed. And it was M3 who Favre had those marathon talks with that August, not TT.
    But it was TT who wouldn't release Favre from his contract. That's what caused things to get really ugly.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    "... it was M3 who Favre had those marathon talks with that August, not TT. " Pugger

Pugger...can you support that with proof?

ie Please ... Simply post media published references to real events where there was ongong discussion between Mike McCarthy and Brett Favre in August.

Thanks.

PACKERS !

I'm going back to your post Joe to begin and Please this isn't personal. This isn't me Vs you or any other Packerrat. This is woodbuck27 and what's simply 'the best' solution and better the 'only solution:

How you took a rather positive response from Brett Favre and specifically:

"We'll do it one day." Brett Favre

To the **question in the interview (LINK posted on the former page this thread)

When .... asked about a possible reunion with the Pack.

Took that response to >>> and I'll break it down:

a) I think Favre is the one procrastinating here.

b) sounds like he's (not) ready

and then the GIANT leap >>> to:

c) He's either waiting for Thompson to retire from the Packers, or he's still worried about what the fan reaction would be. Or both

That sir>>>is some 'magic thinking' that lends zero credibility to Brett Favre and 'maybe' >>>'just even maybe' Joe:

That Brett Favre might be looking forward to being re-united with Packer fans that he has always spoke very well of not anything in the contrary.

That Brett Favre 'just might' be looking forward to the mending of the fence; which after 'five years' should be dealt with more positively >>> 'amongst real men'.

Certainly that considering some simple forward thinking and the bigger circumstances and possible repurcussions of a real embarrassment for 'the Green Bay Packers Organization.

Without opening up any can of worms of ignorance. I refuse to embrace any stupidity and that garbage.

This issue isn't about anything Brett Favre and his not knowing what the Green Bay Packers has and does and could mean to his life. This issue isn't about anything Brett Favre and his false pride or his 'fear of anything', Packer fan. Come on Packer fan you shouldn't see that one any differently from yours truly. We're discussing Brett Favre. Arguably the most fearless Pro athlete of all time. That man always did his level best to answer the bell.

So sorry Joe but you had to do a much better job of looking at it then in this above post.

As I recall you got there and then...well ... let me look at it again, before I point out 'any wobbleing'.

It's OK Joe. Inspite of any negativity and prejudice to either the Favre or TT/MM side or the Official Green Bay Packer Organizational/ Executive stance.

The Green Bay Packers fumbled it in terms of Brett Favre. The Packers organization may have picked up the ball but Ooooops>>the Packer organization clearly continues to fumle 'that Ole Ball'.

It's got clearly in my view to 'just stupid'. I'm positive that both sides need to get it together PRONTO. To get this mess behind all of them for the sake of one very important identity.

The Green Bay Packer fans. That and in much more positive terms:

The GREEN BAY PACKER History.

From the Link above:

What about Favre?

Please Read:

Finally:

His answer:

"We'll do it one day."

Comment woodbuck27:

GO PACKERS !
    Time, Woody. It's going to take a bit more time.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Time, Woody. It's going to take a bit more time.
    Fritz:

Common sense dictates it's got to be getting too >>> really close.

This is becoming a potentially and growing very embarassing matter. Any Packer fan 'only' needs a little common sence and decency to realize that TRUTH.

PACKERS !

From the Link above:

What about Favre?

Please Read:

Finally:

His answer:

"We'll do it one day."

Comment woodbuck27:

GO PACKERS !
    For the record:

When I wrote the above on Tues. May 14, 2013... I wasn't aware of this:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...tired/2160603/

Comment woodbuck27:

I hope this gets done or Favre's jersey retired sometime this season.

PACKERS !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-15-2013 at 11:47 PM.

WOW! This thread was started a full five years ago!

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous View Post
    WOW! This thread was started a full five years ago!
    So have you read all 5 years worth of posts in this thread? It's a good pr history lesson.

This is PERF time to call upon ol gunslinger! "Arms of a blacksmith...!"