Page 201 of 563 FirstFirst ... 101 151 191 199 200 201 202 203 211 251 301 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,020 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky
    Childress did a poor job with his game plan Monday
    He announced to the Bears all week he was re establishing the run
    Then they kicked his game plans ass
    One series was run run draw play punt

In second half he came out to expose the Bears weaknesses in the secondary and it worked; should have started earlier

Regardless, I wonder where the Vikings Defense has went

Do they miss EJ Henderson that much ?
    And yet people scream and holler when M3 won't talk about his game strategy beforehand...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky
    Regardless, I wonder where the Vikings Defense has went

Do they miss EJ Henderson that much ?
    One of the national writers (National Football Post, maybe?) brought up that very possibility the first week after the injury. He said Henderson was the key to that defense and would be missed tremendously.

Maybe he was right.

Quote Originally Posted by MOBB DEEP
    ALL the so-called experts are marveling at what he's done this year at his age (no one ever has) and how well he played last night (thus the redic smirk he had ).
    "...no one ever has..." Why do so many just automatically assume whatever Favre does is so much better than anyone else, ever? Did you even check? You might want to look at the career of Warren Moon, and what he did at ages 39, 40, 41 and 42.

At age 39 - 377/606 for 4228 yards and 38 TDs.
    At age 40, in 8 games, 134/247 for 1610 yards and 7 TDs.
    At age 41, in 14 starts, 313/528, 3678 yards, 25 TDs.
    At age 42 - 145/258, 1632 yards 11 TDs.

Yes, Favre is having a better year at age 40, but Moon was a lot better at 39. We'll see what happens next year and the year after for Favre, and how those years compare to Moon's at comparable ages..

Quote Originally Posted by Patler
    ALL the so-called experts are marveling at what he's done this year at his age (no one ever has) and how well he played last night (thus the redic smirk he had ).
    "...no one ever has..." Why do so many just automatically assume whatever Favre does is so much better than anyone else, ever? Did you even check? You might want to look at the career of Warren Moon, and what he did at ages 39, 40, 41 and 42.

Yes, Favre is having a better year at age 40, but Moon was a lot better at 39. We'll see what happens next year and the year after for Favre, and how those years compare to Moon's at comparable ages..

MOBB favors white quarterbacks.

mobb straight up racist that sucker was simple and plain

Patlerized.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz

Patlerized.
    In grand style.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Patlerized.
    I think Patlerized should be saved for when a normally intelligent poster gets faced by patler....everyone faces mobb.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead

Patlerized.
    I think Patlerized should be saved for when a normally intelligent poster gets faced by patler....everyone faces mobb.
    "what he's done this year at his age (no one ever has)"

Actually, if you want to get real nit picky, Mobb was correct in this statement alone. He did state THIS YEAR and at AGE 40.

But what the hell, cmon gang lets pile on!
    Baah

Quote Originally Posted by gex
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead

Patlerized.
    "what he's done this year at his age (no one ever has)"

Actually, if you want to get real nit picky, Mobb was correct in this statement alone. He did state THIS YEAR and at AGE 40.

But what the hell, cmon gang lets pile on!
    In fairness I like mobb and had no problem with his statement. The spirit of what he said was pretty spot on. I would have bet the house that Brett could in no way be effective and throw under 10 picks as well. Moon might be the most under rated/appreciated QB of all time.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Saw a few lines in the JSO article on scouts looking at playoff teams' chances, and one said that it wasn't clear who was running the offense in Minny....

Wonder if there really is anything to that?

Blog Entries
    Saw a few lines in the JSO article on scouts looking at playoff teams' chances, and one said that it wasn't clear who was running the offense in Minny....

Wonder if there really is anything to that?

Rumors are all over that Favre audibles more than Chilly would like. Chilly wants the run to set up the pass; I don't think their OL is powerful enough for that mentality. They seem to function best when they spread everything out and run and pass out of that formation. But it sounds like that is not Chilly's preference.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Favre throwing just 7 interceptions is truly astounding. His lowest totals as a starter were 13 in 1992, 1995 and 1996. To go from averaging 20 per year over the last 5 years, to just 7 this year, barely half of his previous low, is quite a change.

Favre throwing just 7 interceptions is truly astounding. His lowest totals as a starter were 13 in 1992, 1995 and 1996. To go from averaging 20 per year over the last 5 years, to just 7 this year, barely half of his previous low, is quite a change.

Having A. Peterson might just have a wee bit to do with that.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Well, Viking QB's threw 17 INT's last year, so we probably should give the old guy a little credit. Hopefully, he's saved up some INT's for the playoffs though.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Welcome back Joe!

He's played great for the most part this year. Much to my dismay.

Hey Joe!

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow
    I'm not sure why? He has still had 500 attempts this year. When Green was having his big years with the Packers, and led the NFL in yards over a 4 year period, Favre was still throwing 15-20 interceptions each year.

Something is different this year.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    Welcome back Joe!
    +1
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow
    I'm not sure why? He has still had 500 attempts this year. When Green was having his big years with the Packers, and led the NFL in yards over a 4 year period, Favre was still throwing 15-20 interceptions each year.

Something is different this year.
    I agree. Other than the games against the Packers, I've watched Favre in all but two or three games. He's been outstanding. And ever since that comeback against the 49ers, the playbook was opened to him (until recently) and the Vikings became a dominant passing team. It only makes sense: The NFL is built around the passing game and ALL the best teams - ALL the successful teams have QBs who are in control of the offense and are good passers. Running/play good defense is the vast exception.

Look at that last Chicago game: The Vikings screwed it up trying to rely on the pound it out run game in the first half. Open it up and let Favre run the show. He's been deadly accurate this year - and in complete control. I hope the Vikings keep refusing to figure this out.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck