Page 202 of 563 FirstFirst ... 102 152 192 200 201 202 203 204 212 252 302 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,040 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Patler
    Favre throwing just 7 interceptions is truly astounding. His lowest totals as a starter were 13 in 1992, 1995 and 1996. To go from averaging 20 per year over the last 5 years, to just 7 this year, barely half of his previous low, is quite a change.
    And just WHY couldn't he have ever done that for US?????

Hi Joe. Welcome home.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    Favre throwing just 7 interceptions is truly astounding. His lowest totals as a starter were 13 in 1992, 1995 and 1996. To go from averaging 20 per year over the last 5 years, to just 7 this year, barely half of his previous low, is quite a change.
    I have a theory about that, which includes:

1. An awakening on Favre's part after two teams "rejected" him following:
    a.) another playoff loss ending on one of his interceptions,
    b.) a season end that was ugly after he was deified at the start, and
    c.) the sports world recognizing how bad his season ends have been recently.

2. The extremely powerful motivation of revenge in Favre's nature.

I wonder if getting called out publicly by Thomas Jones after last season was a wake up call for Favre. Getting publicly criticized by a teammate had never happened to him before.

My theory is that Favre started with the "I'm just a cog" routine, and ended up buying into it. I thought he played well against Chicago - a game in which I thought he might revert to old habits, given Peterson's lack of production. Favre has resisted that old "I have to carry the team" mentality all season long, I think. It'll be interesting to see if he keeps it up.

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    I have a theory about that, which includes:

1. An awakening on Favre's part after two teams "rejected" him following:
    a.) another playoff loss ending on one of his interceptions,
    b.) a season end that was ugly after he was deified at the start, and
    c.) the sports world recognizing how bad his season ends have been recently.

2. The extremely powerful motivation of revenge in Favre's nature.
    I agree with this and for those that bother to read what I type (I don't blame you if you don't) , they can attest to my mantra of: favre is doing exactly what MM begged him to do in an attempt to show him whats up.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz
    My theory is that Favre started with the "I'm just a cog" routine, and ended up buying into it. I thought he played well against Chicago - a game in which I thought he might revert to old habits, given Peterson's lack of production. Favre has resisted that old "I have to carry the team" mentality all season long, I think. It'll be interesting to see if he keeps it up.
    Really? Ty saw a different game then.

Ty saw Bert throw at least 3 balls that a good defense woulda picked off. Bert definitely made some bad choices. Against a very depleted Bears team..and one that lost Tillman in the second half. HOLY FUCK...ty is becoming a bear apologist!

Bert has played well, but he is having a magical season not just for his play, but the play of his opponents..ex: San fran game.

Give it up Ty,Favre played a hell of a game the SECOND half of the Chicago game. When you continually argue it,all it does is make you look like more of an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Packerarcher
    Give it up Ty,Favre played a hell of a game the SECOND half of the Chicago game. When you continually argue it,all it does is make you look like more of an idiot.
    Ty is right. Wasn't there a drop by a DB on the final scoring drive by the Vikings? A drop on what should have been an easy interception? Or, was that one of the earlier scoring drives?

Quote Originally Posted by Packerarcher
    Ty is right. Wasn't there a drop by a DB on the final scoring drive by the Vikings? A drop on what should have been an easy interception? Or, was that one of the earlier scoring drives?
    Yes there was, I thought it was the last Viking regulation drive. And Favre did do damage against a depleted defense, newly depleted in the secondary. But we are pretty deep in the weeds here looking for signs about his play. How many other QBs besides Rodgers have we considered backup DBs and dropped INTs?

The only way to straighten this whole mess out is to beat the pants off him in the Dome in two weeks.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

He did play well in the second half but that shouldn't give him a pass for his first half. One could say that Brett was the reason the Vikings cme back but than on the other hand, seeing his second half, one could also say that he was one of thne main reasons for the L because of his fist half play. What it really comes down to is when Brett gets time, he will carve you up, like any NFL QB. Arod is the only NFL QB that I have seen this year that can put numbers up while getting a heavy dose of pressure.
    Pass Jessica's Law and keep the predators behind bars for 25 years minimum. Vote out liberal, SP judges. Enforce all immigrant laws!

I am so glad the diva isn't a Packer anymore. TT's best move to date is the drafting of Rodgers, thanks Ted.
    Pass Jessica's Law and keep the predators behind bars for 25 years minimum. Vote out liberal, SP judges. Enforce all immigrant laws!

That pass was a thing of beauty! Very Favresque.

Quote Originally Posted by gex
    That pass was a thing of beauty! Very Favresque.
    that was great!

He's close to 200 yards with 8 min left of 1st half.

Well, It appears Min is taking care of things on their end.

Haha that was funny.

DAYUM!!! On a frozen rope! Old boy still has the arm to make all the throws

Even tho it was called back, it was still fun to watch!

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    What the hell happened to the NYG these last 2 weeks?
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Favre threw the ball 9 times in the first half of last weeks game.

This week, they opened up the pass early and blew them out.

Coincidence? Thats what they were doing back when they were undefeated.