Page 24 of 563 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 124 524 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Pacopete4
    Quote Originally Posted by cpk1994
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacopete4
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/05/roy-williams-is-upset/

Time for the Jets to push their hand all in and get Williams to give Favre another stud in NY.... anyone know if they have the money for something like this?
    No, they gave up all their cap room to get Favre. No way Roy Willimas is a Jet.

do you happen to know where to find cap room for teams? or are just guessing? I cant find it anywhere..
    Im not guessing, they had to make room just to fit Favre in.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky
    Favre wont' be playing the cards every week, will he?

If he gets the Lions twice he might have 7 TD's that game
    Lions have a better secondary than the Cards. It isn't even close. I live in AZ. I watch them. Atrocious.

We are now on our second #1 pick for a cb.

Ask yourself..when was the last time a team had 4th and one...and went with a pass...not just a pass, but into the endzone.
    Interesting......

Cards are in the process of taking down the undefeated, #1 of the AFC East.

Senior Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007

Lions have a better secondary than the Cards. It isn't even close. I live in AZ. I watch them. Atrocious.

Ask yourself..when was the last time a team had 4th and one...and went with a pass...not just a pass, but into the endzone.
    Interesting......

ya those cardinals sure are trash...

I think what is shown was the Favre is a great QB... maybe its all bullshit that TT/MM revived his career.... maybe its possible that he gave them two careers?....

Process over. Edwards got hurt and JP came in throwing deep and fumbling.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

This might have already been posted somewhere, but I haven't read hardly any of the threads from this weekend. Anyhow, I got this email titled "Dr. Ted Thompson" and have to share

some people in this thread make me sick

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007

Interesting......

It might be nice if you actually could present a logical response. Cards beating the Bills doesnt' mean that they have a good secondary.

Hmm. Cards, like most teams are better at home.

Bills..do you really believe they are a great team.

Hmm....JP Losman playing for most of the game.

Hmm...Buffalo QBs 18 for 24. One Int....where is that vaunted secondary.

Hmm...Lee Evans with a 50 yard average...including an 87 yard reception.

Hmm...Buffalo with a 5 for 9 3rd down rate.

Hmm...buffalo with 3 fumbles lost. None caused by secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by GBRulz
    This might have already been posted somewhere, but I haven't read hardly any of the threads from this weekend. Anyhow, I got this email titled "Dr. Ted Thompson" and have to share

Thats BOMNF
    Baah

Senior Rat HOFer

Give Brett Favre a bunch of short fields against a horrible secondary and he's going to score a bunch of points. Kudos to the Jets defense and to Eric Mangini for inflating Brett's TD totals for the season.

Congratulations to Brett for the accomplishment. It's well deserved, even if it came several years too late and in another team's uniform. But don't try and convince anybody that he's a better QB for the Jets than he was for the Packers (or that he's a better QB for the Jets than RODGERS is for the Packers) simply because of a 6 TD, 289 yard performance against a shit secondary. Hell, if your team scores 56 points you'd expect 500+ yards of offense and they didn't even come close. It was ALL defense. It wasn't Favre's best game by a longshot, and proves absolutely nothing beyond the fact that he's a better QB for the Jets than Pennington was, and that the Jets defense is playing lights out this year compared to years past.
    Chuck Norris doesn't cut his grass, he just stares at it and dares it to grow

Quote Originally Posted by Gunakor

Give Brett Favre a bunch of short fields against a horrible secondary and he's going to score a bunch of points. Kudos to the Jets defense and to Eric Mangini for inflating Brett's TD totals for the season.

Congratulations to Brett for the accomplishment. It's well deserved, even if it came several years too late and in another team's uniform. But don't try and convince anybody that he's a better QB for the Jets than he was for the Packers (or that he's a better QB for the Jets than RODGERS is for the Packers) simply because of a 6 TD, 289 yard performance against a shit secondary. Hell, if your team scores 56 points you'd expect 500+ yards of offense and they didn't even come close. It was ALL defense. It wasn't Favre's best game by a longshot, and proves absolutely nothing beyond the fact that he's a better QB for the Jets than Pennington was, and that the Jets defense is playing lights out this year compared to years past.
    Good points! I'm sure there is a part of Brett that want's to out perform Rodgers in everyway. For a first year starter Rodgers is doing really good. He's a top 10 QB in overall statistics.

I want Brett and the Jets to do good enough to make the playoffs so the Packers get another 2nd rd pick.

When people taunt Brett Favre, threads are moved to the garbage can, and the readers are treated to lectures on civility from the Prom Committee.

I don't mind GBRulz twisting the knife, everybody's entitled to a hobby, I just don't like the double standards.

WOW, Gee, Thank you so much, gunker, for taking time out of your no doubt busy life to come into the BRETT FAVRE thread and point out that it eats you up inside whenever there may be a kind or good humored thing said about the legend. Good job!(get over it)
    Baah

Senior Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by gex

WOW, Gee, Thank you so much, gunker, for taking time out of your no doubt busy life to come into the BRETT FAVRE thread and point out that it eats you up inside whenever there may be a kind or good humored thing said about the legend. Good job!(get over it)
    Did I not offer my congratulations? Did I not explicitly state that it was a well deserved accomplishment? It doesn't eat me up when people say good things about Favre - notice I said a few good things myself in this very post. But it is what it is. Don't call me out for giving you and other blind Favre followers a dose of reality. So before you post one of these rants again, take the time to read some of my other posts. You'll see that I have both good and bad things to say about Brett. It's not like I came in here boasting about how Favre has thrown more INT's than Rodgers this year, or that his team is no better off in the standings than ours is. Don't get all bent out of shape when someone puts things into perspective. Fuck, I didn't even insult Brett once in that post. I only put things into perspective.

Thank you for taking time out of your no doubt busy life to post a response.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby

When people taunt Brett Favre, threads are moved to the garbage can, and the readers are treated to lectures on civility from the Prom Committee.

I don't mind GBRulz twisting the knife, everybody's entitled to a hobby, I just don't like the double standards.
    Is this thing going to the GC?

Anyway, the serious Favre Fans need to ramp it down a bit, or your own good. I suspect that the Jets will struggle in a lot of games this season. They're just not that good. They could win 9 or ten games, but that means they are going to lose 4 or 5 more games, and given who they play, they could look pretty bad losing those games. I suspect Favre will look pretty bad in some of those losses, but don't take it so hard, because he will probably look pretty good in a lot of other games. he still is a pretty good QB. But that AZ game will probably be the best the Jets offense will look all year.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    Anyway, the serious Favre Fans need to ramp it down a bit, or your own good. I suspect that the Jets will struggle in a lot of games this season. They're just not that good.
    Ahhh, I think you need to ramp it down, or you'll find yourself in the garbage can. I suspect you are going to struggle with some posts, you're just not that good.

Quote Originally Posted by gex
    Right on, gex. GBrulz pointing out that the Legend has more talent in his pinky than Aaron Rodgers will ever have in his whole body is just tellin it like it is. Time for the Favre haters to face facts.

GBrulz pointing out that the Legend has more talent in his pinky than Aaron Rodgers will ever have in his whole body is just tellin it like it is.
    and where did I say this? Jesus Christ HH, if there isn't any drama going on with things, you just aren't happy are you?

I posted a pic from a freaken email. Isn't this the place to put Favre stuff? Am I starting separate threads all over the place??

Whether you like Favre or not, most find the pic funny. I think some of you have the thong a little too far up your ass.

hey, I'm on your side. You go girl!

GBrulz pointing out that the Legend has more talent in his pinky than Aaron Rodgers will ever have in his whole body is just tellin it like it is.
    and where did I say this? Jesus Christ HH, if there isn't any drama going on with things, you just aren't happy are you?

I posted a pic from a freaken email. Isn't this the place to put Favre stuff? Am I starting separate threads all over the place??

Whether you like Favre or not, most find the pic funny. I think some of you have the thong a little too far up your ass.
    That brought about a painful visual...blech.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Senior Rat HOFer

No, it's in the right thread. I just wish it wouldn't be here at all. If you want to follow Favre, that is your choice and I'm not trying to say you can't or shouldn't. But anything that is directly or indirectly insulting OUR quarterback should not find it's way to a Packer forum. Cheer for him when he does well, but don't use that as ammunition against Rodgers when he struggles. Even in jest. Most Packer fans would not find that one funny.

For the record, I have always liked Brett Favre. I liked him alot more before he did Greta, but that doesn't take anything away from his legacy as a Packer. I do still cheer for him. But when I see things like that photo I get pissed because it's a slight against Rodgers, even if Rodgers is doing as well as anyone could possibly have imagined.

The comparisons between the two need to stop, partly because they are not the same QB, partly because they don't play for the same team, and partly because they do not play against the same teams. Being some of the most knowledgeable, football savvy fans in the entire country, I would hope Packer fans would realize this. Everything is completely subjective. And as such, no comparison of the two should be used to slight either QB.

I'm sorry for going off about the photo. I just find it tasteless and arrogant, and don't feel as though it should be pictured in any thread in a forum dedicated to Packers fans.