Page 251 of 531 FirstFirst ... 151 201 241 249 250 251 252 253 261 301 351 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,020 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The more things change.........

........the more they stay the same.

Quote Originally Posted by gex

Admin Joe, Cmon, How long you gonna let this joker sit here and bait people, he is adding nothing and trying his best to start a flame war!

Cmon gex, lets keep it about Favre. It's not my fault that he choked. You didn't see me complaining about you or any of the others when he beat the Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator

Favre comments are in the Favre thread. NOWHERE else.

Other threads will be immediately locked. repeat offenders will be deactivated.

Personal attacks on either side of the Favre aisle will not be looked upon well. Keep your personal opinions to yourself if you cannot express them without attacking someone elses position.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    The more things change.........

........the more they stay the same.
    LOL, that was pretty good
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax
    But we all are still on for going to Sharper's induction and chanting 4th and 26?

I wonder if he will take a bad angle to the podium and end up sitting in Steve Young's lap.

Reminds me that I'm the odd bird

I'm happy when Sharper does well as well as Favre
    Darren or Brett doing well doesn't bother me. Playing well against the Packers does, but that is simple self-interest and short lived.

4th and 26 bothers me, and that was when Sharper was a Packer. If Nutz and I have to go alone, we will be heard (I think it was Nutz I promised to accompany, might have been Skin).
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

While I might agree this was his worst play of them all, most do remember that that the poor play is just a small portion of why MN is not going to the Super Bowl.

Agreed.

The remainder of the blame lays squarely on his character issues finally catching up with him.
    After your little bash-fest are you really one to talk about character?

“There is nothing in which people more betray their character than in what they laugh at.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Cmon gex, lets keep it about Favre. It's not my fault that he choked. You didn't see me complaining about you or any of the others when he beat the Packers.
    What exactly did Gex and the others do after he beat the Packers? Nothing if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007

What exactly did Gex and the others do after he beat the Packers? Nothing if I remember correctly.
    I thought it was the Vikings who beat the Packers, not Favre.
    Seriously, though, it always intrigues me when comments are made about a player beating another team.

If Favre beat the Packers, then Favre lost the game to the Saints.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    I was wondering if anyone knew or knew of how you could find this stat. How many seasons of Favre's have ended on an INT and how many seasons did he have where the last throw was an INT in the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    While I might agree this was his worst play of them all, most do remember that that the poor play is just a small portion of why MN is not going to the Super Bowl.

Agreed.

The remainder of the blame lays squarely on his character issues finally catching up with him.
    After your little bash-fest are you really one to talk about character?

You don't think I'm a character?

PackerRats is a lot like society in general. There are some people for Favre. There are some people against him. Especially after that last game.

It's how we act towards each other that's important.

Quote Originally Posted by gex
    Admin Joe, Cmon, How long you gonna let this joker sit here and bait people, he is adding nothing and trying his best to start a flame war!
    So, I'm supposed to ban him because you disagree with him?

He's a self admitted jackass. Don't take the bait, and he'll go away... If you can't do that, well, then I don't know how to help you.

It's how we act towards each other that's important.
    Could you lead the parade with this flag? I think there are a fair number of folks here who would be surprised that you think this is important, judging from my PM inbox anyhow.

Yeah, my criticism of Favre is a bit over the top. Frankly there is so much new material from last week that the guy has really been a gold mine. And I'm not up to speed on the draft yet, so I don't have much to add there. But I'll get there.

This is a community, with opinions here that run the full range on many issues. This just happens to be the highest profile one from the last few years.

I accept that those that still love and respect the guy. That's their right, and I'm not going to change their minds. But we all signed up for this when this thread started. It's not a PackerRats requirement that everyone love Favre. It should be easy enough to avoid this one thread if it's that upsetting.

Love me or hate me - just keep posting here at PackerRats. It takes all kinds to make a community.

More support for Brett from the purple faithful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoJ_K4Mlt4w
    This is beautiful. I have to admit, I was the same way watching the giants game and 4th and 26. Thankfully no one had a camera.
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

Quote Originally Posted by sheepshead
    More support for Brett from the purple faithful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoJ_K4Mlt4w
    This is beautiful. I have to admit, I was the same way watching the giants game and 4th and 26. Thankfully no one had a camera.

I keep towels handy during games, because they don't break the television when I throw them.

Quote Originally Posted by Packerarcher
    .......,where again were Mcstubby,TT,and the rest of the Packer org during that game. OH,that's right at home watching it on tv.

Yeah, on TV - hopefully they recorded it. I imagine for the Packer brass, it had to be hard differentiating between Favre's epic collapse and America's Funniest Videos. I think you're just kidding yourself if you think they didn't relish watching Favre puke up all over himself yet again - this time keeping the Vikings from reaching the Superbowl. I'm sure Ted found the moment as magical as the rest of us did - even if he can't admit it.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastak
    NFL NETWORK

Greatest 4th Quarters

Showing Pack vs Vikes in 2000

Didn't that asshole guy that everyone hates play in that game....the dude everyone boo's cause they hate him?

Yup, and that guy who completely sucks rocks and always has played pretty dang well that game.
    Gex, isn't this pretty much what you're complaining SC does?
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Most Famous Quote Of All Time About Brett Favre:

A) He's like a kid out there.
    B) He's like a linebacker in a QB's body.
    C) He's the most entertaining QB in history.
    D) THIS IS NOT DETROIT!!!
    This may not be Detroit, but then again even Detroit manages to win an NFL championship every now and then (1935, '52, '53, '57). Bercich just wishes it were Detroit.

Cheese & Beer Rat All-Pro MichiganPackerFan's Avatar
    But we all are still on for going to Sharper's induction and chanting 4th and 26?

I wonder if he will take a bad angle to the podium and end up sitting in Steve Young's lap.
    That is DAMN funny!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganPackerFan

That is DAMN funny!!!
    +1

I did see him make his first tackle since 2003 this month however.
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

Quote Originally Posted by Packerarcher
    .......,where again were Mcstubby,TT,and the rest of the Packer org during that game. OH,that's right at home watching it on tv.

Yeah, on TV - hopefully they recorded it. I imagine for the Packer brass, it had to be hard differentiating between Favre's epic collapse and America's Funniest Videos. I think you're just kidding yourself if you think they didn't relish watching Favre puke up all over himself yet again - this time keeping the Vikings from reaching the Superbowl. I'm sure Ted found the moment as magical as the rest of us did - even if he can't admit it.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!