Page 286 of 563 FirstFirst ... 186 236 276 284 285 286 287 288 296 336 386 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,720 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by packerbacker1234

OF all the other teams in the NFL Favre could of played for, the vikings were teh best set up for him to have a chance to get that ring. People are so focused on "all he wanted to do was beat GB" - no, what he wanted to do was win a ring. As it was shown, the vikings were indeed set up to win a ring with a good/great QB at the helm. 6 turnovers and an OT later, it was not to be. Still, it was the best landing spot for Brett across the entire NFL to win one.
    Really???

The NY Jets were in the AFC Championship game with a QB who threw for 2,444 yards, 12 Tds, 20 INTs and a 63.0 qb rating for the season. Just think if BF had stayed another year?
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Hint: They're not booing because he just wanted a shot at a ring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-L5UyGDlVM

Quote Originally Posted by Zool
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    He is forever tainted. IMO.
    Specifically going to the Vikings has cemented this in the mind of a lot of Packer fans. I was fine with him on the Jets and watched a few of their games. I knew that he wanted to go to the Vikings but he wasnt there so it didnt matter.

To specifically WANT to go to MN....well thats just childish IMO.
    Is it? Was it really? Guy wants that 2nd ring. Vikings appeared one player short. There were a lot of debates about how "no team is one player short" - next thing you know he has a MVP like season, is in the NFC Championship game... and on the cusp of a Super Bowl - and the entire game outside of the 6 turnovers, the vikings looked like a much better team than the saints did.

OF all the other teams in the NFL Favre could of played for, the vikings were teh best set up for him to have a chance to get that ring. People are so focused on "all he wanted to do was beat GB" - no, what he wanted to do was win a ring. As it was shown, the vikings were indeed set up to win a ring with a good/great QB at the helm. 6 turnovers and an OT later, it was not to be. Still, it was the best landing spot for Brett across the entire NFL to win one.
    Obviously it wasn't, and i put IMO in my statement so yes, IMO it really was. He specifically said IN HIS OWN WORDS that he wanted revenge against the Packers. Why you would ignore this is beyond me.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz

Bus?

Senior Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz

Bus?

Chuck Norris doesn't cut his grass, he just stares at it and dares it to grow

Dianna had the pictures with the, "thanks ted" guys. There is talk all over about Favre's family hating Thompson. Favre went on Gretta with a grudge. Favre talked about wanting to stick it to Ted. Favre talked to Millen about what the Packers try to do, to give the Lions an edge over his old team.

The Packers have been much quieter about the whole thing, but I think MM and AR would love to win one, not so much to show Brett wrong, but to show the league of doubters who knocked them down and said they couldn't do it without Brett wrong.

When it comes to Favre, the person, I think they're just glad he's gone and will be even happier when he hangs it up for good and they don't have to talk about him 2 times a year.

I don't think Thompson cares. I think Thompson is confident in his knowledge and decision making. I don't think he thinks about it unless he's asked about it and then he just avoids it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan

Really???

The NY Jets were in the AFC Championship game with a QB who threw for 2,444 yards, 12 Tds, 20 INTs and a 63.0 qb rating for the season. Just think if BF had stayed another year?
    Um, care to give credit to the coach at all? Compeltely different team and defense was on the field last year then the year prior, and that falls on the coaching staff. The staff that was their prior... yeah not getting it done.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan

Really???

Um, care to give credit to the coach at all? Compeltely different team and defense was on the field last year then the year prior, and that falls on the coaching staff. The staff that was their prior... yeah not getting it done.
    Favre knew who the coach would be when he asked for his release. Why are you trying to rewrite history? We are talking about 2009 and BF had to know there would be a huge improvement on a team that should have made the playoffs the year before.

You don't think BF would have helped the Jets? A team with an absolutely sucky QB gets to the AFC Championship. The Jets averaged 24 yards more per game running than passing in 2009.

Shit, with a competent QB this year I would pick the Jets as the AFC favorites hands down. The Jets are 10-1 to win the Super Bowl next year starting a QB with a 63.0 QB rating from the 2009 season.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

I seriously can't believe some of you are STILL arguing this crap.

It is what it is....................The Packers No Longer Wanted Brett.......Brett No Longer Wanted The Packers!!!!!!! PERIOD! It happens....

The people that hate Brett are blaming it all on him going to the Vikings

The people that support Brett are blaming it all on TT/MM

Seriously.................DOES IT REALLY MATTER ANYMORE?????????

It's done. It's over. You can choose to move on with AR and be happy or live in your pissed off world because BF is a Viking. Who cares, right? If AR is as good as most think it should make no difference.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    ^ Obviously you care enough to also read the 286 pages of the Favre thread and then weigh in on the issue again.

Senior Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007

It is what it is....................The Packers No Longer Wanted Brett.......Brett No Longer Wanted The Packers!!!!!!! PERIOD! It happens....

It's done. It's over. You can choose to move on with AR and be happy or live in your pissed off world because BF is a Viking. Who cares, right? If AR is as good as most think it should make no difference.
    OMG!!! I said the EXACT SAME THING over a year ago!

I was told primarily by the pro-Favre crowd gushing over his greatness that since Favre is such a huge part of our legacy that the Favre discussion was not only allowed but should be expected at a Packer site. It was even explained this way to me by our Admin (though I couldn't truthfully accuse him of taking a firm stance one way or the other on the discussion). The give and take was that the Favre discussion be contained to this one thread so that people could avoid the topic entirely should they choose to.

Now the tables have turned, and the pro-Favre crowd gushing over his greatness have decided it doesn't matter anymore. It's done, it's over. Let it go, it's all in the past now. ROFLMAO!!

Let me offer you the same advice I was given over a year ago. If you don't like the tone of the discussion, stay out of the thread. Don't post in it, don't even read it if it bothers you. We've followed the rules. For the most part we've kept the discussion to this one thread. Don't complain. If you don't want to take part in the rehashing of re-rehashed hatred and support (yes, both exist) for a guy that shouldn't matter anymore but does, simply skip over the thread and open the next one. That's perfectly okay too.
    Chuck Norris doesn't cut his grass, he just stares at it and dares it to grow

And if you still crave the Favre nut licking, don't go to a Packer board, you're not going to get much of it here.

Blog Entries
    Yup, for better or worse we've turned into TT lickers
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Well, actually, it does matter because there is such a thing as his legacy, which is more than just his stats as a Packer. It's also his relationship with the franchise and with the fans. The last chapters of that story are still being written. It won't be complete until he quits playing at least, maybe until he dies.

Many of the Packer greats from the '60s continued their relationships with the team and fans well into their retirements, for some until their deaths. The legacies of Starr, McGee, Hornung, Gregg and others continued to be written long after their playing days ended. Others had little to do with the team after they walked off the field for the last time. We don't know where Favre will fall on the scale, but while he is still playing, talking and moving off one team and then another to go where he talked about going while still a Packer, the chapters of his legacy will not be complete, because it still affects the Packers and their fans.

So of course it still matters to the fans. It affects "their" team. It matters to them whether it was Favre's fault, TT's fault or no one's fault; it matters who he plays for and how he and his team perform, because those are all factors in his legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky

Well, at least he's wearing the right color jersey.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky

Well, at least he's wearing the right color jersey.

very true
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

You do know that if he let it go Scott Cambell would have absolutely nothing to post about. Who are we to take the one thing that matters in his life away?

Quote Originally Posted by Packerarcher
    Scott's saying mean stuff about Bert!

Quote Originally Posted by Zool
    He is forever tainted. IMO.
    Specifically going to the Vikings has cemented this in the mind of a lot of Packer fans. I was fine with him on the Jets and watched a few of their games. I knew that he wanted to go to the Vikings but he wasnt there so it didnt matter.

To specifically WANT to go to MN....well thats just childish IMO.
    Is it? Was it really? Guy wants that 2nd ring. Vikings appeared one player short. There were a lot of debates about how "no team is one player short" - next thing you know he has a MVP like season, is in the NFC Championship game... and on the cusp of a Super Bowl - and the entire game outside of the 6 turnovers, the vikings looked like a much better team than the saints did.

If all he wanted was a second ring, why did he quit on a team that just weeks ago in 2008 was in the conference championship game?