Page 3 of 563 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 503 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Re: OFFICIAL BRETT THE JET THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Packers4Ever
    Quote Originally Posted by LL2
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBB DEEP
    LET'S GOOOOOOOO.....!!!!!
    GOOOOOOOOO to a Jets forum. I don't want to read about Favre 38 yr old tired arm! Sounds like your more of a fan of Brett Favre than the Packers.
    I just finished about 1/2 hour at a Jett's website, talk about hard to find your way around - maybe I picked the wrong one (if they have more than one) but it seemed like a hodge-podge of info and all I wanted was the stupid 2008 schedule, that's what I put in their search box anyway.
    James Jett has his own site? Who knew.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by motife
    Bucs should have tried harder for Favre
    Posted by Keith Kidd

After a back-and-forth soap opera in Green Bay, QB Brett Favre has been traded to the New York Jets. However, Tampa Bay should have tried harder to trade for Favre because he would have been a perfect fit and would have made the Bucs much better...
    Hard to believe the difference one season makes. The writer above discusses how a trade of Favre to the Bucs would have greatly improved the passing game, running game, and defense, all with a single transaction.

Quite a contrast from the last 3-4 offseasons, when the majority media opinion was that Favre should just hang up the cleats already, that his continued play was only hurting his team and himself, and that he had little left in the tank. Talk about a 180. Now the media consensus seems to be that Brett could have made almost any team an instant title contender.

In my eyes Favre was basically the same player over the last 5 years or so in GB. His success last year over previous years was mostly a factor of improved protection, WR play, and limiting costly mistakes. His ability to make throws and lead an offense remained unchanged over that time period.

The media opinion of Favre's outlook as an impact player this offseason compared to last offseason is way off the mark. He has been undervalued and underappreciated the last few seasons, and this year it appears that opinion about him has swayed too far in the opposite direction.
    "My problems with him are his vision and tendency to dance instead of pounding a hole." - Harvey Wallbangers

Quote Originally Posted by Zool
    Get the hell out of here, hater.

This thread is a safe, sacred space created for Favrerians to worship free from persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby

This thread is a safe, sacred space created for Favrerians to worship free from persecution.
    Everytime you pickup a 19 y/o at the gay 90's you make baby Jesus cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by boiga
    Thanks Mobb. Good luck Brett.
    I'll chime in with a 'me too'. I'm a Packers fan first, but I certainly want to know how Brett is doing.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    So any time we care to post about a former Packer we need to start an offical thread and keep all comment and content locked in the sole thread pertaining to said player?

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz
    So any time we care to post about a former Packer we need to start an offical thread and keep all comment and content locked in the sole thread pertaining to said player?
    No but we don't need a third different thread stating the same Favre quotes just because someone didn't realize it's already been covered twice before.

Once is adequate.

Blog Entries
    I'm not conforming my ways Nutz

Blog Entries

If true then I don't think you are welcome

I'd love it if you Favre lovers had a little circle jerk in here away from the rest of us

The Favre stuff and the Anthony Dilwig stuff are clearly in a different league. Obviously the Favre stuff is getting a little old and not really pertaining to the Packers anymore. I don't agree with the "keep it in one thread" concept, but I see where he's coming from adn I don't think comparing Favre threads to Antonio Freeman threads is relevant at all here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell
    I'd love it if you Favre lovers had a little circle jerk in here away from the rest of us

The Favre stuff and the Anthony Dilwig stuff are clearly in a different league. Obviously the Favre stuff is getting a little old and not really pertaining to the Packers anymore. I don't agree with the "keep it in one thread" concept, but I see where he's coming from adn I don't think comparing Favre threads to Antonio Freeman threads is relevant at all here.

And Mobb thought it was going to be for those who were interested in seeing Favre succeed; nice try man

JH has just killed the idea

Now open up the floodgates

I hope he fails and I'll be here to laugh it up with each failure.

Speaking of which, week 2 and 3 can't come soon enough

Blog Entries

Speaking of which, week 2 and 3 can't come soon enough

I'd expect nothing less from you and a few others

Cheers,
    B

Really? I want Brett to take the Jets to the Superbowl and lose to the Packers, so we get another Championship and a first round pick from the Jets. Since the compensation scales to how well the Jets do, it seems counterproductive for a Packer fan to want them to fail.
    </delurk>

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker64
    Really? I want Brett to take the Jets to the Superbowl and lose to the Packers, so we get another Championship and a first round pick from the Jets. Since the compensation scales to how well the Jets do, it seems counterproductive for a Packer fan to want them to fail.

IMO some hate Favre more than they like the Packers; pretty sad. I don't think I'd put JH in that category.....he just liked getting a rise out of the forum.

I'll be happy with either situation. I guess I'd rather get a higher pick, but it will still be fun if he falls on his face. I don't think he deserves success.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky

IMO some hate Favre more than they like the Packers:
    I don't hate Favre. I just think people who act the way he has the last couple of years need a little humility. Also, I enjoy seeing Favre lovers squirm so it's a double your fun situation if he fails.

And Mobb thought it was going to be for those who were interested in seeing Favre succeed; nice try man

JH has just killed the idea

Now open up the floodgates

yeah, B, i guess i shoulda known better

question, WHY WOULD ANY PACK FAN HOPE HE DOESNT SUCCEED

takn this GAME/ENTERTAINMENT way too serious people
    They said God has a Tim Tebow complex!

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

If true then I don't think you are welcome

ha ha ha right on B hh u and scottc have broken my heart
    They said God has a Tim Tebow complex!

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

Acctually, the more I think about it, I don't care what Favre does, ever. More than anything I like watching Favre lovers squirm. Hell, if not for the emotional paralysis of some, I think I might be seen as a Favre lover because I have been a big fan of his career, but the emotional blindness is so funny that I can't help but get a rise out of it from time to time. I acctually get a kick out of it every day still