Page 318 of 563 FirstFirst ... 218 268 308 316 317 318 319 320 328 368 418 ... LastLast
Results 6,341 to 6,360 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

well, that was almost worth it

glad i sat through the pregame and listened to all chris collinsworth bull shit for 4 plays

Quote Originally Posted by packers11
    how was that not a fumble? If that was A-rod he would have got crushed the ball comes out - returned for td... am I wrong?
    There was debate on if A-Rod's was a fumble too, however, the ball never touched the ground, so the result would of been the same, just as an int instead of a fumble.

So... how was it not a fumble? Favre is laying on his back. Chances are the ball popped out when he hit the ground, which by rule, is not a fumble, because the ground can't cause a fumble.

A-Rod, last year, was still standing when the ball came out.

Come on, can you really be that cynical towards favre?

As for the roids, like I said, I don't think he would be doing anything AGAINST the drug policy. He may very well have taken roids (wouldn't surprise me if he took some after his surgery too), but if it all fits under the rulebook, there isn't much to say about it. I am sure he took roids for his surgery to help recover (which is a common process for many surgeries) and if he was taking some for a severe cold, then so be it. If it all fits under the rulebook and he isn't continually roiding all season long (IE Brian Cushing) than he'll be fine.

His body does look as good as it did in his mid twenties, but his body has simply always looked this good. I mean, Al Harris still looks amazing too, just like he did in his early twenties. It's possible to stay in the same shape by sticking to your routine.

As for the sudden gain in muscle, I am sure the roids had SOMETHING to do with it, but really, I think this all fit under the policy.

Tavaris looks better too. So does Alex Smith for that matter. A lot of teams play to stop the run in the preseason and play vanilla defense. Rodgers, Smith, Tavaris. I'm sure none of them are as good as they look. Rodgers can be not as good as he looks and still be the MVP though. He's looked amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell
    Quote Originally Posted by packerbacker1234
    Dunno, it is possible, though I doubt it is anything against the policies in the NFL. After all, getting caught with that stuff wrecks his whole career.
    Notice how he's mysteriously on a group of medications for this nasty cold? Inclduded in those medications, "steroids". . . .

Gains 11 lbs, cuts fat. It's hard for anyone to gain like that, but to gain and cut fat. . . That's very hard to do in that short amount of time at any age. And how much could he have changed his routine. Was he just don't nothing hsi whole career and now he decided to start working out so he gained that type of muscle?

I expect Favre to have an amazing year. I don't think we should expect any drop off. In fact, I expect gains in his physical ability just listening to the shape he's in.
    The steroids you take for a cold...or more specifically, a lung infection are nothing like anabolic steroids, and they are more likely to make you retain water than build muscle.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Former Almost-Packer LaVar Arrington tweets:

Quote Originally Posted by [url=http://twitter.com/LaVarArrington/status/21880775553
    LaVar Arrington[/url]]They will be coming after favre it will be unbelievable to me if he makes it through the season

I guess this makes sense, I mean... why not? If you let him stand there, he's going to throw completions. Why not see if you can hit the old man so he plays like he doesn't want to get hit anymore? I'm pretty sure he's not going to get up, start jawing with Warren Sapp, and throw touchdowns to Antonio Freeman.
    </delurk>

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    I think he stays away from football in the offseason so he can do a cycle of steroids outside the NFL testing policy. It's the reason that best fits his bizzare decisions.
    That's a pretty solid conspiracy theory.
    Except that the only year he was outside the steroid policy was prior to the 2008 season, when he actually filed retirement paperwork. Now if he was on the reserve/retired roster list (like after the Jets season), then the question is does he still get tested?

Also on the table, delaying reporting to camp might avoid the preseason test, unless they come back around to get everyone.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

11 lbs of muscle in 5 months, mysteriously on a steroid medication for a cold. Look at the era we're in.

This isn't area 51. You'd be putting your head in the sand if you didn't think it was very possible.
    It would be corticosteroids. You may have the wrong parking garage Woodward.

Lets see if Mr. Ayn can back me up here.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    withdrawn

PB, I honestly don't care. I only wrote that line about the conspiracy theory to express exactly what it says: It is a good conspiracy theory - meaning that a conspiracy theory is good if it can generate all sorts of speculation without any possibility of ever proving anything.

Maybe Favre is just lying: He says he gained 11 lbs, but no waistline. Maybe he just got a little heavier, fatter, maybe built some more muscle, and he is in denial. Hell, I'm 43, I run 30-40 miles a week, lift weights and I can't keep off the extra 10 pounds, even if I do build some muscle. Getting old is hell.

I like Favre, and hate the Vikings. I hope for Favre's sake he isn't taking roids. If he doesn't want to live much after football is over, taking roids is a good place to start, but it's hard to believe the guy wouldn't learn his lesson from his troubles with drugs and alcohol.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBB DEEP
    I gota feeling bretts fat tail may look bad tonight

cant blieve its on national tv!
    Bert's not fat. He's gained 11 lbs of muscle in 5 months and lost fat. I'm 29 years old. Best I've done is to gain 10 lbs in a year working out 6 hours a week pretty hard. The guy is a 41 year old contradiction.
    Maybe Partial is helping him with his workouts?
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Is it my imagination or were the 49er fans booing when Favre came out? Not just normal booing, but really giving it to him when the offense walked out.
    Go PACK

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBB DEEP
    I gota feeling bretts fat tail may look bad tonight

cant blieve its on national tv!
    Bert's not fat. He's gained 11 lbs of muscle in 5 months and lost fat. I'm 29 years old. Best I've done is to gain 10 lbs in a year working out 6 hours a week pretty hard. The guy is a 41 year old contradiction.
    Maybe Partial is helping him with his workouts?
    He is just like Barry Bonds!
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

PB, I honestly don't care. I only wrote that line about the conspiracy theory to express exactly what it says: It is a good conspiracy theory - meaning that a conspiracy theory is good if it can generate all sorts of speculation without any possibility of ever proving anything.
    I'm with you. While I quoted your reply, mainly I was reflecting on the possibility that Favre was not as far from the steroid policy as Justin suggests. And you are right, nothing we are likely to learn will be definitive. Nothing short of a positive test, anyway.

Favre enough to run a cycle, get it out of his system and report back.

It's very hard to gain 11 lbs of muscle while losing fat at the same time at any age. If your body is deficient enough on calories to be losing fat, it's very hard to gain muscle at the same time, especially when you're supposed to be resting a sore ankle after the season and resting it yet again after a surgery.

While 40 year olds were breaking hallowed baseball records in, nobody wanted to discuss the possibility of PED's. Hardly fair to have that conversation if it's not proven. Now we have a 41 year old having career years in football at the very end of his career, doing things nobody his age has ever done. He's coming back with 11 lbs of muscle and trimmed fat while being away from the NFL testing policy for only 5 mos. The guys butt went from 40 year old saggy grandpa butt to looking like Aaron Rodgers in a Vikings uniform.

The era we're in, the signs we're seeing. It's possible it's not true, but it's very possible that it is true too.

Every word that comes out of Favre's mouth, he strikes me as a guy who will do or say whatever it takes to get what he wants. There wouldn't be a more likely guy anywhere to be cheating and lying than Brett Favre.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641
    Is it my imagination or were the 49er fans booing when Favre came out? Not just normal booing, but really giving it to him when the offense walked out.
    They were and they went absolutely berserk when Patrick Willis spiked him into the turf.

His days of guys pulling up at the end out of respect are over. I think Favre will get a little extra hot sauce on every hit this year.

27 would be losing his mind right now.

11 pounds of muscle is nothing, especially if he actually GAINED 11 pounds (meaning he really didn't lose fat).

Rand, I would guess that you aren't working out very optimally if you are having trouble ditching 10 lbs. and are only 43. Instead of running so far try HIIT training. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-in...erval_training (google HIIT and read up). Allso when you lift don't listen to the old guys who say shit like "at our age you should keep the weights light". BS, you gotta challenge your body. You MUST lift heavy to gain muscle mass. At least a few reps at the end after you are warmed up.

Also, at our age diet is paramount. If you eat McD's you are likely to sabatoge any weight loss. Try a protein shake daily, and never eat food outside of the form the good Lord put it in (read: fruit, veggies, meat, fish, eggs, dairy) No Pasts, no mayo, no whipped cream, ect. If you can't identify EVERY thing in a food, don't eat it (and no, Burger King is not actually all burger)

Now, if you do all that for a month I damn near garauntee you drop 7-8 lbs. assuming you have it to lose. As for me, I'm really good at telling you what to do, if only I had the will power to avoid chocolate chip cookies.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Every word that comes out of Favre's mouth, he strikes me as a guy who will do or say whatever it takes to get what he wants. There wouldn't be a more likely guy anywhere to be cheating and lying than Brett Favre.
    That's a bit extreme. I can think of a lot of guys who are far more sociopathic than Favre!

P.S. Howard saw him up close and claims he looked a little chubby. I'm betting the guy gained some weight all around, including fat and muscle. It's possible he just got back together with his forlorn bowflex and also did some 'Hip Hop Abs' workouts...

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead
    (and no, Burger King is not actually all burger)
    Blasphemer.

11 pounds of muscle is nothing, especially if he actually GAINED 11 pounds (meaning he really didn't lose fat).

Rand, I would guess that you aren't working out very optimally if you are having trouble ditching 10 lbs. and are only 43. Instead of running so far try HIIT training. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-in...erval_training (google HIIT and read up). Allso when you lift don't listen to the old guys who say shit like "at our age you should keep the weights light". BS, you gotta challenge your body. You MUST lift heavy to gain muscle mass. At least a few reps at the end after you are warmed up.

Also, at our age diet is paramount. If you eat McD's you are likely to sabatoge any weight loss. Try a protein shake daily, and never eat food outside of the form the good Lord put it in (read: fruit, veggies, meat, fish, eggs, dairy) No Pasts, no mayo, no whipped cream, ect. If you can't identify EVERY thing in a food, don't eat it (and no, Burger King is not actually all burger)

Now, if you do all that for a month I damn near garauntee you drop 7-8 lbs. assuming you have it to lose. As for me, I'm really good at telling you what to do, if only I had the will power to avoid chocolate chip cookies.

Bobble, I'm not dropping those pounds cuz I'm a bit lazy and I won't give up beer, desserts and snacks! Relevant to Favre, I separated my shoulder pretty good about seven years ago. I was benching 225 and now I rarely go over 150. Point being that there are a lot of aches and pains as your body gets older that make it harder to work out the way you used to, and I bet it's that much harder for Favre with the beatings he's taken, and the chronic damage he has.

Bobble, I'm not dropping those pounds cuz I'm a bit lazy and I won't give up beer, desserts and snacks! Relevant to Favre, I separated my shoulder pretty good about seven years ago. I was benching 225 and now I rarely go over 150. Point being that there are a lot of aches and pains as your body gets older that make it harder to work out the way you used to, and I bet it's that much harder for Favre with the beatings he's taken, and the chronic damage he has.
    Bobble gave me the same advice on the HIIT a year ago and I gave it a try and pulled my hamstring the first time I did it…..it’s not natural to do an all out sprint in your 40s. I am in better shape now, and have been doing it lately (it’s the only way my young kids can run with me) and it feels better, but it still feels as though at any moment you are going to do some damage to the legs. And I do stretch out.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.