Page 329 of 563 FirstFirst ... 229 279 319 327 328 329 330 331 339 379 429 ... LastLast
Results 6,561 to 6,580 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27
    Quote Originally Posted by get louder at lambeau
    Holy shit is this guy full of himself!
    No man. I know who I am. When you get to be my age you may as well.
    I doubt you'll still be alive when I get to be your age.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    I doubt you'll still be alive when I get to be your age.
    What's your age? About 43 years old?

That's only 20 years younger than I am mraynrand. So in 20 years I'll only be 83 years of age and v. alive !

Still defending my positions Re: my ' All Time Pro Sports Hero ', Brett Favre, on some football forum. Hopefully, this one.

GO PACK GO!
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by retailguy
    I really, really hope not. I find arrogant people nauseating.
    "They" say that the most arrogant people in the world are the ones that do not know they are arrogant.

Let me remove all doubt. You "get louder at lambeau" are extremely arrogant.
    Funny, but I haven't seen any posts from louder at lambeau telling the rest of the forum how much better he is than they are.
    Go PACK

Given that 'in fact' that's true. What bearing does that have in terms of today? Brett Favre was in effect put out to pature by the Pacxker organizationb and even bribed by the Packers organization to retire from the game he loves.
    Favre has integrity. He turned his nose up to that bribe Patler. How many men do you know that would turn down some $20 Millions $'s to retire from whatever? Just take that money and disappar. The fact he refused that offer stands Favre up even bigger in my estimation of that man as someone very special.

I as a Canadian love the NHL and always have followed my favourite team and player (s) ' with this ' as a fact of life in terms of any players career:

When any team trades a star player to another team, or otherwise waives that player or releases him. That player tries his best to shove that decision in his former teams face. To make the former team pay for not believing in him. Often he gets his revenge as he's justly motivated to do so. That's part of being a professional,, and all that which is related to a star or very talented players ego.

It was time for TT to get Favre out of sight and move forward with Aaron Rodgers. We saw that coming the day Aaron Rodgers was drafted. I certainly saw that coming and was concerned that Brett Favre wouldn't set significant personal records in a Packer uniform. Well he did all of that but his main incentive was not records. Rather win another Super Bowl. He came so close again in a Packer uniform and failure never dulled his appetite. The man wants to win very badly.

Try ... try ... try, until you succeed.

Once that was done ( culminating in that heart wrenching loss to the NY Giants ). I wanted Favre out of Green Bay. It was obvious to me and some others that we are not seeing around here these days. That there were certain frustrations that seperated the philosophies and intents of Brett Favre and TT. They were on different pages and worlds apart in terms of winning, now and 'YES' despite that ' Brett Favre and the Packers ' came close.

That's an old argument as well, and 'the fact is', and that we enjoy today. Is we're considered contenders to go to a Super Bowl. That's moot considering ' the fact of life ', that it'll be left on the field of play. Our success Vs any teams. We have alot of teams to play and defeat besides the Vikings.

In terms of Brett Favre and his present incentives and direction.

TT's personality and ' the will to win ' is now moot. Favre is free of TT. He certainly wants to demonstrate again this season that he had plenty in the tank when TT went in another direction. See above and National Hockey League players.

By the way the record will clearly demonstrate that personally I've supported that move of Rodgers over Favre by TT and the Packer organization. It was time. Given that was done. What Brett Favre has ever done to support his needs is moot. He's no longer a Packer and free as a professional to make his best deal and with a team he considers a serious contender.

He's not a traitor. Favre is a man on a mission as a Pro atlhlete, and 'of course' that's possibly counter productive to our hopes, and only as he proves himself worthy of playing at a high level and winning the big games. He's fallen down many times but despite all that many NFL fans love him in the game. He's arguably, the most exciting player to ever play the QB position in the NFL.

Aaron Rodgers is our QB now and it's too simple. Suport Aaron Rodgers and certainly use some wisdom in terms of hating Brett Favre. That's just wrong to sick IMO.

Disagreeing with me won't change my position.

GO PACKERS!
    Seriously Woodbuck, we have seen the timelines. We have discussed the terms of Favre's "retirement" several times. Your inability to even acknowledge the possibility that Favre retired and wanted out as opposed to being pushed out by TT is mind-boggling.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641
    "They" say that the most arrogant people in the world are the ones that do not know they are arrogant.

Funny, but I haven't seen any posts from louder at lambeau telling the rest of the forum how much better he is than they are.
    I think you should spend some time looking at his past posts. Very little but snide sarcastic remarks. Kind of like Tyrone in a way, but at least Tyrone had an occasional good football comment/discussion. This guy is really just a one trick pony, and not a very good one at that.

I'm shocked you haven't seen this. He's one of the most judgmental guys around here by any standard you'd care to use.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax
    Quote Originally Posted by NewsBruin
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax
    Did Favre sign ** a new contract recently?

I thought I saw this week that Brett Favre signed a standard four year contract with the Vikings. Saw that on their site. Since, I tried to do a follow-up and cannot find the article RE: ** such.
    I believe its still the same two year deal framework (09 through 10), but he was given additional money for this year. Some of the amount and much of the incentives would be paid out in 2011, after this season. But I believe the contract runs only through 2010.
    I heard a lot about a few extra million in Brett's contract, but I've yet to read any attribution to that. From a league-wide picture --and I am nowhere near a league sympathizer-- I hate that a small-market team has to pay a player even more money on top of a salary that exceeds in one year what most people will make in their lifetimes (and it's not like the guy wasn't paid heftily during his first 19 seasons). It seems so stupidly crass that I hope it's just speculation. But if it's been whispered so much, it likely isn't.

Since we're no longer running on a salary cap, there's far less need to report salaries. Is there any place that can verify what a player's current payroll value is?
    I don't think you can qualify the Vikings as small market. Low revenue, perhaps.

Here is PFT on the new payment schedule (the reference to 2011's W-2 income is for the deferred income, not another contract year): http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...llion-to-2011/

And here are the details of the new deal: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...llion-to-2011/
    Thank You pbmax.

So... if Brett Favre gets his full incentive package done this season.

He'll make $ 11.6 Milllion dollars of base salary + $ 1.4 Million of his ' $ 4.4 million dollars ' signing bonus ' and the remainder deferred to Dec. 31, 2011 + a potential of 4 Million ' of incentive money ' + $ 4 Million (deferred fr. 2009 salary)

or

Potentially, 21 Million dollars in 2011 ( based on earning incentives ).
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

43 years old?

That's only 20 years younger than I am mraynrand. So in 20 years I'll only be 83 years of age and v. alive !

Just how many 63rd birthdays have you had Woody?

I think you should spend some time looking at his past posts. Very little but snide sarcastic remarks. Kind of like Tyrone in a way, but at least Tyrone had an occasional good football comment/discussion. This guy is really just a one trick pony, and not a very good one at that.

I'm shocked you haven't seen this. He's one of the most judgmental guys around here by any standard you'd care to use.
    Retail is right. I can be very sarcastic and judgmental. Arrogant though? Not so much. I don't think I'm better than anyone here (except maybe retailguy).

Thank You pbmax.

So... if Brett Favre gets his full incentive package done this season.

He'll make $ 11.6 Milllion dollars of base salary + $ 1.4 Million of his ' $ 4.4 million dollars ' signing bonus ' and the remainder deferred to Dec. 31, 2011 + a potential of 4 Million ' of incentive money ' + $ 4 Million (deferred fr. 2009 salary)

or

Potentially, 21 Million dollars in 2011 ( based on earning incentives ).

Extortion pays when your backup is T-Jack.

Hey Bossman641 ! I'm not the fella that proclaims such weakness as to hate anything. Doesn't hatred imply arrogance? Anger with anything that doesn't serve your needs, ideas, wish's, plans or agenda's etc. I'm as fair and mild a man as you'll come across here. I'm far removed from any BS.

I back myself up. I don't make ridiculous statements concerning HATE or act with undo emotion or lose my cool. I'll certainly not entertain such low life garbage from a man who means little to nothing to me, except to expect you to generally or always oppose my goodness. I'm too cool ... pour vour ... compondre?

Please mister. Re: me and being arrogant. Don't be confused between confidence and arrogance. There's a decided difference between arrogance and confidence. Find a dictionary and see for yourself. I'm certainly different from you but far from arrogant. If you feel the need to meet me in any challenge. I welcome your challenge, and ... good luck.

So let's leap ahead Bossman641. Just maybe, you'd like the challenge of attempting to railroad me? Please. If that's your agenda? I suggest that you put it to rest Bossman641. I don't railroad easily and to go there with me, is like you 'pissing in the wind'. Noone at anytime on this forum has ever managed to push me around, or seperate me from my views or beliefs. I'm as strong in what I believe in as you are in your positions. Let's just mutually accept that. OK? That's a healthy stance Bossman641. It's the democratic process in action.

Let's just go to the TRUTH of it. You and I are, in my observation, two very different people. I'm a decent man and I don't ever have to defend that fact.

I've seen the BS intimidation the likes of you put out at Packerrats and what it does to decent people that oppose in view the likes of you Bossman641. I choose to simply disagree with your views as I see necessary and in terms of my integrity. Is that difficult for you to come to terms with? If so? I suggest you eat it. K?

GO PACK GO!

From PFT.Com

Brett Favre: "It's a media frenzy world"

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 8, 2010 3:43 PM ET

Vikings quarterback Brett Favre knows he was the subject of constant media attention this offseason as everyone speculated about whether or not he'd retire. (Again.) But Favre believes that says more about the state of the media than it does about him.

"It's a media frenzy world," Favre said in an interview today with Adam Schein, Rich Gannon and John Madden on Sirius NFL Radio. "Nothing goes untouched or un-talked about. I quietly -- I thought quietly -- tried to make my decision. I had surgery about a month before camp and the media started camping out at the gate. I never asked them to come. I never asked them to talk about it."

Favre also discussed watching tape of the Vikings' loss to the Saints in the NFC Championship Game, saying he thinks his team blew a golden opportunity to get to the Super Bowl.

"The obvious thing that jumps out at you is, boy, we had every chance to win that football game," Favre said of watching the Saints game again.

Although Favre talked mostly about Thursday night's regular-season opener against the Saints, he sounded like he still has some regrets about that January loss in New Orleans.

"Super Bowls don't come around too often for a player or a team," Favre said. "Nor do championship games."

Favre also touched on his surgically repaired ankle, saying, "I still feel it every day." And he downplayed talk that there's a rift in his relationship with Vikings coach Brad Childress.

"I think it's fine," Favre said of the coach-quarterback relationship. "And I think he would say the same thing. . . . This is Brad Childress's team."

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    WTF, again why is this going on and on here? This should be in the Romper Room or Garbage Can.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

From PFT.Com

T.O. takes aim at Brett Favre

Posted by Mike Florio on September 8, 2010 12:38 PM ET

As you may have heard, Bengals receivers Chad Ochocinco and Terrell Owens will launch a new weekly show on Versus in October. For now, they'll making weekly appearances on The Daily Line, and presumably talking about all sorts of issues.

In their debut, T.O. took a shot at one of the quarterbacks that Owens used as a prop in one of his past in-house quarterback feuds: Brett Favre.

Specifically, Owens believes that not enough has been made of Favre's failure and/or refusal to participate in training camp in 2009 and 2010.

"Had it been one of us doing some of the same things, pulling these stunts that Brett Favre has done the last two or three years, then we would be labeled 'not a team player,' 'selfish,' and these are times where you want your guys to be in camp, bonding with your teammates, learning the plays, going through the whole team concept just like everybody else," Owens said in video that was forwarded to PFT by our friends at CSNPhilly.com. "And now it's like, yeah, he's set himself above team standards."

T.O. is right. Favre has largely gotten a pass for not attending offseason workouts or training camp the last three years. Though the Vikings bear some of the blame for allowing him to do it, the media isn't facing the same Favre-or-Tarvaris conundrum at quarterback, and yet many in the media have adopted the same "see no evil" posture when it comes to Brett.

If it were Owens or Ochocinco who were behaving this way, the army of folks calling them out would be much louder, and much larger.

Given that 'in fact' that's true. What bearing does that have in terms of today? Brett Favre was in effect put out to pature by the Pacxker organizationb and even bribed by the Packers organization to retire from the game he loves.
    Favre has integrity. He turned his nose up to that bribe Patler. How many men do you know that would turn down some $20 Millions $'s to retire from whatever? Just take that money and disappar. The fact he refused that offer stands Favre up even bigger in my estimation of that man as someone very special.

I as a Canadian love the NHL and always have followed my favourite team and player (s) ' with this ' as a fact of life in terms of any players career:

When any team trades a star player to another team, or otherwise waives that player or releases him. That player tries his best to shove that decision in his former teams face. To make the former team pay for not believing in him. Often he gets his revenge as he's justly motivated to do so. That's part of being a professional,, and all that which is related to a star or very talented players ego.

It was time for TT to get Favre out of sight and move forward with Aaron Rodgers. We saw that coming the day Aaron Rodgers was drafted. I certainly saw that coming and was concerned that Brett Favre wouldn't set significant personal records in a Packer uniform. Well he did all of that but his main incentive was not records. Rather win another Super Bowl. He came so close again in a Packer uniform and failure never dulled his appetite. The man wants to win very badly.

Try ... try ... try, until you succeed.

Once that was done ( culminating in that heart wrenching loss to the NY Giants ). I wanted Favre out of Green Bay. It was obvious to me and some others that we are not seeing around here these days. That there were certain frustrations that seperated the philosophies and intents of Brett Favre and TT. They were on different pages and worlds apart in terms of winning, now and 'YES' despite that ' Brett Favre and the Packers ' came close.

That's an old argument as well, and 'the fact is', and that we enjoy today. Is we're considered contenders to go to a Super Bowl. That's moot considering ' the fact of life ', that it'll be left on the field of play. Our success Vs any teams. We have alot of teams to play and defeat besides the Vikings.

In terms of Brett Favre and his present incentives and direction.

TT's personality and ' the will to win ' is now moot. Favre is free of TT. He certainly wants to demonstrate again this season that he had plenty in the tank when TT went in another direction. See above and National Hockey League players.

By the way the record will clearly demonstrate that personally I've supported that move of Rodgers over Favre by TT and the Packer organization. It was time. Given that was done. What Brett Favre has ever done to support his needs is moot. He's no longer a Packer and free as a professional to make his best deal and with a team he considers a serious contender.

He's not a traitor. Favre is a man on a mission as a Pro atlhlete, and 'of course' that's possibly counter productive to our hopes, and only as he proves himself worthy of playing at a high level and winning the big games. He's fallen down many times but despite all that many NFL fans love him in the game. He's arguably, the most exciting player to ever play the QB position in the NFL.

Aaron Rodgers is our QB now and it's too simple. Suport Aaron Rodgers and certainly use some wisdom in terms of hating Brett Favre. That's just wrong to sick IMO.

Disagreeing with me won't change my position.

GO PACKERS!
    Seriously Woodbuck, we have seen the timelines. We have discussed the terms of Favre's "retirement" several times. Your inability to even acknowledge the possibility that Favre retired and wanted out as opposed to being pushed out by TT is mind-boggling.
    +1

I don't make ridiculous statements concerning HATE or act with undo emotion or lose my cool.

From PFT.Com

T.O. takes aim at Brett Favre

Posted by Mike Florio on September 8, 2010 12:38 PM ET

As you may have heard, Bengals receivers Chad Ochocinco and Terrell Owens will launch a new weekly show on Versus in October. For now, they'll making weekly appearances on The Daily Line, and presumably talking about all sorts of issues.

In their debut, T.O. took a shot at one of the quarterbacks that Owens used as a prop in one of his past in-house quarterback feuds: Brett Favre.

Specifically, Owens believes that not enough has been made of Favre's failure and/or refusal to participate in training camp in 2009 and 2010.

"Had it been one of us doing some of the same things, pulling these stunts that Brett Favre has done the last two or three years, then we would be labeled 'not a team player,' 'selfish,' and these are times where you want your guys to be in camp, bonding with your teammates, learning the plays, going through the whole team concept just like everybody else," Owens said in video that was forwarded to PFT by our friends at CSNPhilly.com. "And now it's like, yeah, he's set himself above team standards."

T.O. is right. Favre has largely gotten a pass for not attending offseason workouts or training camp the last three years. Though the Vikings bear some of the blame for allowing him to do it, the media isn't facing the same Favre-or-Tarvaris conundrum at quarterback, and yet many in the media have adopted the same "see no evil" posture when it comes to Brett.

If it were Owens or Ochocinco who were behaving this way, the army of folks calling them out would be much louder, and much larger.

It's a completely different situation, and they play different positions. Favre "skipping camp" in 2008 wasn't entirely his fault. In fact, he would of been back much earier in the packers camp if he was allowed back - so his late start with the jets wasn't completely his own fault. He was already reinstated before he was even on their roster.

The last two offseasons, though, are on him. Last year, it sounded if, from what was said on both sides, that favre wasn't coming back. He informed the vikings he wouldn't be coming back, and it was like... two weeks after that childress called up one last time, and presumably begged favre to give it a shot.

He did, and had one of, if not the best statistical season of his career.

This year, It's pretty obvious he was skipping camp to skip it, and I agree he gets less criticized for it, but why should he be hte one criticized? It's the vikings that should be - they are the ones that allowed it to happen,a nd in most respects... how can you blame them?

Favre does give them another year with another SB shot. Without him, it's pretty clear they wont be SB contendors.

So... yes, he isn't completely a team player, that isn't a news flash to anyone. However, he shows up on sunday, does his job, and dcoesn't cause locker room problems in season - something ochocinco and owens have done, which they tend to forget about themselves.

Favre plays QB, The team he is on has no real replacement. He should of arguably been the MVP over Manning (hell, so should of rodgers), different players get different treatment.

Owns and Ocho Cinco would get blaste dbecause they have a history of "tearing apart" locker rooms - where as favre has a history of bringing locker rooms together.

Hey Bossman641 ! I'm not the fella that proclaims such weakness as to hate anything. Doesn't hatred imply arrogance? Anger with anything that doesn't serve your needs, ideas, wish's, plans or agenda's etc. I'm as fair and mild a man as you'll come across here. I'm far removed from any BS.

I back myself up. I don't make ridiculous statements concerning HATE or act with undo emotion or lose my cool. I'll certainly not entertain such low life garbage from a man who means little to nothing to me, except to expect you to generally or always oppose my goodness. I'm too cool ... pour vour ... compondre?

Please mister. Re: me and being arrogant. Don't be confused between confidence and arrogance. There's a decided difference between arrogance and confidence. Find a dictionary and see for yourself. I'm certainly different from you but far from arrogant. If you feel the need to meet me in any challenge. I welcome your challenge, and ... good luck.

So let's leap ahead Bossman641. Just maybe, you'd like the challenge of attempting to railroad me? Please. If that's your agenda? I suggest that you put it to rest Bossman641. I don't railroad easily and to go there with me, is like you 'pissing in the wind'. Noone at anytime on this forum has ever managed to push me around, or seperate me from my views or beliefs. I'm as strong in what I believe in as you are in your positions. Let's just mutually accept that. OK? That's a healthy stance Bossman641. It's the democratic process in action.

Let's just go to the TRUTH of it. You and I are, in my observation, two very different people. I'm a decent man and I don't ever have to defend that fact.

I've seen the BS intimidation the likes of you put out at Packerrats and what it does to decent people that oppose in view the likes of you Bossman641. I choose to simply disagree with your views as I see necessary and in terms of my integrity. Is that difficult for you to come to terms with? If so? I suggest you eat it. K?

GO PACK GO!
    Haha. I really don't even know how to respond to this, woodbuck27.

I get you don't like the term hate. I'd suggest you aren't as passionate about the Packers as some others are woodbuck27. What you call strong and confident, I call stubborn and hard-headed woodbuck27.

And I'm certainly not trying to intimidate you woodbuck27, I just think you are very narrow-minded when it comes to Favre.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by packerbacker1234
    It's a completely different situation, and they play different positions. Favre "skipping camp" in 2008 wasn't entirely his fault. In fact, he would of been back much earier in the packers camp if he was allowed back - so his late start with the jets wasn't completely his own fault. He was already reinstated before he was even on their roster.

The last two offseasons, though, are on him. Last year, it sounded if, from what was said on both sides, that favre wasn't coming back. He informed the vikings he wouldn't be coming back, and it was like... two weeks after that childress called up one last time, and presumably begged favre to give it a shot.

He did, and had one of, if not the best statistical season of his career.

This year, It's pretty obvious he was skipping camp to skip it, and I agree he gets less criticized for it, but why should he be hte one criticized? It's the vikings that should be - they are the ones that allowed it to happen,a nd in most respects... how can you blame them?

Favre does give them another year with another SB shot. Without him, it's pretty clear they wont be SB contendors.

So... yes, he isn't completely a team player, that isn't a news flash to anyone. However, he shows up on sunday, does his job, and dcoesn't cause locker room problems in season - something ochocinco and owens have done, which they tend to forget about themselves.

Favre plays QB, The team he is on has no real replacement. He should of arguably been the MVP over Manning (hell, so should of rodgers), different players get different treatment.

Owns and Ocho Cinco would get blaste dbecause they have a history of "tearing apart" locker rooms - where as favre has a history of bringing locker rooms together.
    Some fair points there.

I would just think he should be more honest about it. Announce earlier that you intend to play. Attend training camp. Instead of throwing the ball to some high school kids, throw to some of your teammates. Work with TJack in film study, teach the receivers what you know about the offense. HELP your team!

I am willing to give him that his body won't hold up an entire season with training camp. Maybe taking training camp off will be a positive by the end of the season. But why not show up and only attend 1 practice out of 3 days. Sit out anything with any chance of contact. Sip a pina colada on the sidelines on your day off watching practice. Just be there for your teammates and help them in any small way that you can.

So, I've only been around this site for, I don't know, a year? Less? Not sure. But I gotta ask- Is this Woodbuck guy for real? Is he always like this?

If so, I think I'm a fan. He's hilarious.

Senior Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by packerbacker1234
    where as favre has a history of bringing locker rooms together.
    Well, I don't know about this. Let's ask Tannenbaum how Favre brought the Jets locker room together. Let's ask Zigi how the FavreWatch fiasco THIS season has helped bring the Vikings locker room together.

I think I have to disagree with your assessment that Favre brings locker rooms together.
    Chuck Norris doesn't cut his grass, he just stares at it and dares it to grow