Page 332 of 563 FirstFirst ... 232 282 322 330 331 332 333 334 342 382 432 ... LastLast
Results 6,621 to 6,640 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    I would very much enjoy seeing him get smacked around again tonight.
    Break a leg Brett!

No, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz
    Favre didn't really "betray" anyone. It's a business and he wanted to work at the place of his choice.

He handled it badly. Butchered it. Showed himself to be more selfish and manipulative than people had hoped. Threw a few folks under busses attempting to make himself appear to be an "innocent" when he was not, at all.

But he didn't "betray" anyone.

Still, I liked that sign!
    I would say he betrayed Campen, or whoever it was that went to talk to him and he betrayed his confidence by talking to the media about it.

Favre contacted Detroit GM, Matt Millen, and told him 'inside' info on how to beat the Packers. I would call this a betrayal.

Favre admits he wanted to play for the Vikings so that he could 'stick it' to TT. TT is a Packer. When BF said this he was saying, IMO, that he wanted to stick it to the Packers as an organization. I consider this a betrayal.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesner
    Favre didn't really "betray" anyone. It's a business and he wanted to work at the place of his choice.

He handled it badly. Butchered it. Showed himself to be more selfish and manipulative than people had hoped. Threw a few folks under busses attempting to make himself appear to be an "innocent" when he was not, at all.

I would say he betrayed Campen, or whoever it was that went to talk to him and he betrayed his confidence by talking to the media about it.

Favre contacted Detroit GM, Matt Millen, and told him 'inside' info on how to beat the Packers. I would call this a betrayal.

Favre admits he wanted to play for the Vikings so that he could 'stick it' to TT. TT is a Packer. When BF said this he was saying, IMO, that he wanted to stick it to the Packers as an organization. I consider this a betrayal.

The jury has spoken:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-L5UyGDlVM

Quote Originally Posted by get louder at lambeau
    I would very much enjoy seeing him get smacked around again tonight.
    Break a leg Brett!

No, seriously.
    No, really.

That interview they just had up there... his "we could have been there easily" talk is just pathetic. When exactly did Favre fall from grace? He's just gone off the deep end; never remember Montana doing interviews like that.

Quote Originally Posted by DannoMac21
    I guess I don't understand how Pack fans can still be bitter about Favre when we're blessed with the QB we have now...who's first 3 years as a starter in the NFL are uncomparable. Maybe it's just me.
    I don't think most Packer fans are still bitter about Favre but we find it incredible that some Packer fans still cheer for a QB that is playing on a divisional rival that stands in the way for the Packers to win the division and that some of them blame the 'divorce' soley on TT and Packers' management. Most Packer fans feel there is enough blame to go around.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger
    I don't think most Packer fans are still bitter about Favre but we find it incredible that some Packer fans still cheer for a QB that is playing on a divisional rival that stands in the way for the Packers to win the division and that some of them blame the 'divorce' soley on TT and Packers' management. Most Packer fans feel there is enough blame to go around.
    I'm still bitter. I spent $200 dollars on his Packers uniforrm for one. But I'm bitter that he acted the way he did and basically shat on all Packer fans.

Bitter is the wrong word. Bitter is like me wishing I still had my ex-girlfriend who is now with another dude.

There's a certain feeling you have when you were with that crazy ***** and you tried to break up with her and it kept dragging on... then you finally moved on and starting banging some new chicks. That's more of the kind of relief most Packers fans have. We love our new life and almost wish we would have done it sooner. We don't have to start liking him now -- it's ok to move on. I have, just don't wonder why I don't love the guy.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarlam!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger
    I'm still bitter. I spent $200 dollars on his Packers uniforrm for one. But I'm bitter that he acted the way he did and basically shat on all Packer fans.
    And if we still had Spencer Havner on the team, I would advise you to convert your jersey. Unfortunately, with the news from the last week, that is now no longer a viable option either.

Cheese & Beer Rat All-Pro MichiganPackerFan's Avatar

Agree and sign was funny

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan
    Randy Moss stats from NFL.com:

2009 New England Patriots 16 16 83 1,264 15.2 71T 13
    2008 New England Patriots 16 16 69 1,008 14.6 76T 11
    2007 New England Patriots 16 16 98 1,493 15.2 65T 23

I hope this helps show that Moss went to NE in 2007 to catch 23 TDs.
    What I see is Randy Moss and 47 TD catch's in only three seasons in New England; plus an average of > 1250 yards /season.

15 + avg. TD's / season = outstanding.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641
    WB

Just a few quick points.

You are right that we don't know the whole story, but I feel when you look at what we do know it is heavily weighted towards TT.

Favre is the one who went on TV to plead his case. What horrible facts did we learn as to how he had been so wronged? None. The Packers sent out a very thorough, very detailed timeline regarding what happened in regards to contact with Favre, scheduling a plane to announce his retirement, Favre calling back and saying forget it. Guess what? Favre couldn't deny or refute any of it. That right there tells me that there was a lot more truth in the organization's story then Favre's. Why would Favre have held anything back? He was already burning bridges as it was.

If Favre's main complaint was that TT wouldn't let him play GM, then then boo fuckin boo. That wasn't his job and he had no right to play GM.

Moreover, look at how Favre has acted since then. Retired from the Jets and then asked for his retirement "just because." Booked hotel rooms the weekend of Packers-Vikings game while still a member of the Jets.

When it comes down to a truth-telling contest between the Packers and Favre there is no question in my mind who I should believe. Favre hasn't given me reason to believe a single word that comes out of his mouth.
    Woodbuck I am awaiting your reply.
    Is it possible that some of you are a tad sensitive? Since when is there any loyality in Pro Sports in these times.

As I see it TT got what he wanted. Aaron Rodgers behind center and it's obvious Favre had to retire or otherwise go before that would be a very comfortable move for TT and Aaron Rodgers.

Darn it ! It's really as it ended up; a win-win for both TT and our team and for Brett Favre. Why are we kicking Favre?

a)He gave us alot to cheer for.

b)He's a first ballot HOFer.

c)He has set every major NFL passing record.

d)He still looks great playing in his 40's. He's smooth as a drink of Gibson's Finest.

e) His Iron Man record is amongst the most astonishing in all of sports.

f) He's arguably the most exciting player that ever played in the NFL. He's certainly one of the most exciting players to ever play the game.

g) He never says die. That man just keeps on ticking. He plays his butt off.

h) He's definitely one of the All Time Great NFLers.

i) He wants still to go to and win another Super Bowl. Isn't that 'the Spirit'?

No ... he's simply this to many Packer fans. THE ENEMY. He's also really good and really scary and he'd love nothing better than to lead the Vikings to two more wins over us this season.

That comes with the territory as I see it and maybe we have to just suck it up till he hangs em up or for some of you:

HATE HIM. HATE AWAY and see where that gets y'all.

GO PACK GO!
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Favre looked tired according to Tony Dungy. It must have been that grueling training camp that Chilly The Ogre put him through.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27

HATE HIM. HATE AWAY and see where that gets y'all.

It sure worked out great tonight!

Favre looked tired according to Tony Dungy...
    a bit frustrated too. hehe

Favre looked tired according to Tony Dungy. It must have been that grueling training camp that Chilly The Ogre put him through.
    I'm not sure about tired. He's immobile as hell, and doesn't seem in sync with his receivers. I wonder if he would have come back if he had known he wouldn't have Rice.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman
    I'm not sure about tired. He's immobile as hell, and doesn't seem in sync with his receivers. I wonder if he would have come back if he had known he wouldn't have Rice.
    I think he would have. No question in my mind.

I thought he looked good overall (arm strength, mental awarness, dropbacks...)
    There is work needed to be done with the timing between him and the receivers. I think that Camirillo will become his go to possesion guy after a few games (actually I hope cause I have him on a few ffl teams).
    Wasn't a lot of hope of winning the season opener away in New Orleans, but they held their own.
    Baah

Maybe the Vikings should sign some of the high school kids from Hattiesburg. They have better timing with Favre then anybody else on the team.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by gex
    I thought he looked good overall .......................

Good one gex. You had me there for a moment. I thought you were being seriousl

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichiganPackerFan
    I had not seen this one yet and am mildly entertained by it. Thanks.
    "Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher