Page 336 of 563 FirstFirst ... 236 286 326 334 335 336 337 338 346 386 436 ... LastLast
Results 6,701 to 6,720 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler
    ...and looking through my green and gold crystal ball, I see two Packer victories over the Vikings this year, which means the Vikings will have to make up four games in 13, since the tie breaker will go to the Packers!
    I don't see that. Even when the Packers have been vastly superior to Minnesota, those games are close. MN has a better D than Philly, and probably has a better O too - or will by the time GB plays in MN. That's a loss right there. GB absolutely has to win that divisional game against MN in Green Bay. That's the key to the North (barring injuries) - it was last year too.
    Did you miss that I was using my "green and gold crystal ball"?
    My regular crystal ball agrees with you, but the green and gold one shows a Packer victory in every important game. It has since the time of Vince Lombardi!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    yes
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

...and looking through my green and gold crystal ball, I see two Packer victories over the Vikings this year, which means the Vikings will have to make up four games in 13, since the tie breaker will go to the Packers!
    I don't see that. Even when the Packers have been vastly superior to Minnesota, those games are close. MN has a better D than Philly, and probably has a better O too - or will by the time GB plays in MN. That's a loss right there. GB absolutely has to win that divisional game against MN in Green Bay. That's the key to the North (barring injuries) - it was last year too.
    The real key, as I view it realistically. Lies in these three major points that I want to raise, today.

a) Will the Vikings overcome ' the adversity ' given, by their off season and to date as we know it now?

b) If ' the Vikings ' do stay close early? How much Aaron Rodgers and the Pack' wants to defeat 'the Vikings. May fly in their (OUR) face, if they don't just simply go into those match's with pizzass versus ' the Minnesota Vikings ' and simply play as they can and get it done.

c) The above will be opposed by ' the Brett Favre Factor ' or Favre knowing and believing. That he still has all it takes to lead the Vikings with whatever they have that's positive and will prevail in the battle between his team and OUR's as he feels he can and must. They sqeak into the playoffs and pick it up from there and prevail over our team.

Alot of if's that point out all that's so interesting to me this season in terms of our team and the Brett Favre and A Peterson on offense led Vikings.

Also the Vikings arn't exactly shabby on 'D'. We saw that last Monday night if you forgot or ignored that fact. We're in for alot of excitement Packer fans.

It's all ... very interesting.

GO PACK GO!
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

My regular crystal ball agrees with you, but the green and gold one shows a Packer victory in every important game. It has since the time of Vince Lombardi!
    Then Patler. That crystal ball of yours, obviously cleans up really well. Based on OUR teams performance during the 70's and 80's.

Havn't you thrown your Brett Favre shammy away Patler? Guessing that the Aaron Rodgers model works pretty good or is satisfactory to you?

GO PACKERS ! !

Run better than YOU did in ... ** the 70's and 80's.

** The post modern ' skinny lean, not so mean, hapless Green and Gold ' not a machine '. Gee , we're really really hungry era.

That era tested OUR loyalty as Packer fans. How many of us here at PackerRats? are included with you Patler, KY Pack and myself as survivors of that long drought and little thought of, moreso, a drink of Kool Aid?

I wonder if you'll offer a contradiction Patler? If so Patler. Maybe we can debate that from this point of view. That it's ' more than how you play the game ', when it comes to elevating the glory of Packer history?

Ohh before we possibly go there.

Maybe you might check how many NFCN Championships we've won Vs ' the Vince Lombardi and post Vince Lombard. Arch rival Minnesota Vikings total ' or since their inception. They've done very well in that category.

I'm positive your well aware of that fact Patler.

Might ' that fact ' play against this season? Turn against us, in terms of the Vikings Oreganization's history and their pride based in that?
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27
    Then Patler. That crystal ball of yours, obviously cleans up really well. Based on OUR teams performance during the 70's and 80's.
    Actually, I don't recall many predictions at all from that old green and cold crystal ball in the '70s and '80s. Not very many important games!

Also the Vikings arn't exactly shabby on 'D'. We saw that last Monday night if you forgot or ignored that fact.

I saw the Saints run the clock out with over 5 minutes left in the game. Not good if you're a Viking fan. Not good at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell

Also the Vikings arn't exactly shabby on 'D'. We saw that last Monday night if you forgot or ignored that fact.

I saw the Saints run the clock out with over 5 minutes left in the game. Not good if you're a Viking fan. Not good at all.
    That was mostly on the offense of the vikings. That defense spent A LOT of time on the field in that game. It looks like fatigue to me.

Actually, I don't recall many predictions at all from that old green and cold crystal ball in the '70s and '80s. Not very many important games!
    Uhh!? They were all important to this Packer fan. It just seemed that the Packer Organization didn't see it the same way as this fan did.

Man O Man those were 'the hurtin' alot years. To exist as a dedicated Packer fan. A true test ' of conviction and loyalty ' for anyone maintaining they were a Packer fan back then.

To ' the Green Bay Packer Fans '. You gotta be tough.

GO PACKERS!

Quote Originally Posted by packerbacker1234

That was mostly on the offense of the vikings. That defense spent A LOT of time on the field in that game. It looks like fatigue to me.

No way.

Pat Williams looked old. Any half assed D could have gotten the ball back with that much time left. The Saints just kept ramming it down their throats with their mediocre running game. First down after first down, timeout after timeout. It was a terrible showing.

No way.

Pat Williams looked old. Any half assed D could have gotten the ball back with that much time left. The Saints just kept ramming it down their throats with their mediocre running game. First down after first down, timeout after timeout. It was a terrible showing.
    That defense had been stopping the run most the 3rd quarter. In the 2nd half, however, the defense was on the field for 19 minutes.

That, to me, spells fatigue. Especially if your a fat, and old, linemen - thats a lot of time on the field.

No way.

That defense had been stopping the run most the 3rd quarter. In the 2nd half, however, the defense was on the field for 19 minutes.

That, to me, spells fatigue. Especially if your a fat, and old, linemen - thats a lot of time on the field.

It wouldn't bother a great D. 5 and a half minutes is an eternity, and no team should be able to run that much time off the clock to kill a game. And the Vikings even had 2 time outs and the 2 minute warning to stop the clock.

Terrible. Just utterly horrid.

Scott. I'm not a Viking fan. I'm 'of course' a Green Bay Packer fan. That's been my team for too long now to switch for any reason. I suffered through two damn decades of terrible to mediocre Packer fortunes. We're still a decade short of that sort of futility in terms of longevity.

The Viking 'D' played very well after the slow opening Vs the Number one 'O' in the NFL. For much of that game Drew Brees was perplexed. We saw the Vikings ahead at the half.

In fact both team 'D's played very well. So much so, that game (a 14-9 Saints 'W') appeared boreing to some NFL fans. The game had an uncharacteristic lack of offensive on behalf of both teams. Giving that we were watching the two top offensive teams of last season.

Isn't it possible that given the early season start, that the Vikings 'D' simply worked too hard and got tired? There was a regular game day conditioning factor involved in terms of less than maximum energy availability.

The same might apply to Brett Favre and why he ran out of gas. Maybe due to the fact it's really early in this season for him. He might have been depleated of energy due to frustration interms of WR routes and connecting with them? Also, Favre appeared 'a tad pumped' early in that game , and thus wasted energy needed as the game progressed.

Scott. It was only one game but that Vikings 'D' is solid. Drew Brees and ' the Super Bowl Champion ' Saints, only scored 14 Pt's.

GO PACKERS!

Shooter Now: What will Vikings do when Favre retires? Will the 'media frenzy' end?

By Charley Walters ; cwalters@pioneerpress.com

Updated: 09/09/2010

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_...topixheadlines

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    The Saints should have won that game 27-9...one dropped TD pass and two missed FGs...The Vikings defense looked like swiss cheese on the line.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

What if the Minnesota Vikings had not put 12 men in the huddle late in the NFC championship game?

By Brian Murphy

http://www.twincities.com/ci_1602632...topixheadlines

Not sure they stopped the Saints rushing the ball. It was more that the Saints didn't try to run the ball. They had 11 carries for 45 yards with a one yard TD run after their first drive of the third quarter--which would be before the Vikings defense was gassed.

It's only one game though. Pat Williams did look old, but the Saints have two good OGs.

With a focus on a stupid penalty that led to a series of events that cost Brett Favre and the Vikings a Super Bowl appearance last season; and led to other factors of Vikings concern:

12 MEN IN THE HUDDLE REWIND

Coming out of their second timeout with 19 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter and the score tied 28-28, the Vikings were in chaos facing a crucial third-and-long.

Fullback Naufahu Tahi was still on the field after blocking for Adrian Peterson on the previous no gain. Head coach Brad Childress and running backs coach Eric Bieniemy frantically waved for Tahi to get out of the huddle. Brett Favre, too, realized the problem and hurriedly called timeout, but not before flags flew.

The penalty knocked Minnesota back to the 38, confronting kicker Ryan Longwell with a potential 56-yard attempt instead of 51 yards and convincing the Vikings they needed to pass on third and 15.

Favre, gimpy on a severely sprained left ankle, rolled right and had at least 10 yards of open field between him and the far sideline to run, but he elected to throw across his body for Sidney Rice. Cornerback Tracy Porter intercepted.

New Orleans promptly won the overtime coin toss. Returner Pierre Thomas raced 40 yards from the goal line to give the Saints fantastic field position and set up Garrett Hartley for the 40-yard boot that put them in the Super Bowl.

The Vikings never touched the ball again.

On the kick coverage, Cedric Griffin, the Vikings' interception leader, tore his left anterior cruciate ligament, which required reconstructive surgery and leaves his status for tonight's rematch a game-time decision.

— Brian Murphy

With a focus on a stupid penalty that led to a series of events that cost Brett Favre and the Vikings a Super Bowl appearance last season; and led to other factors of Vikings concern:

12 MEN IN THE HUDDLE REWIND

Coming out of their second timeout with 19 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter and the score tied 28-28, the Vikings were in chaos facing a crucial third-and-long.

Fullback Naufahu Tahi was still on the field after blocking for Adrian Peterson on the previous no gain. Head coach Brad Childress and running backs coach Eric Bieniemy frantically waved for Tahi to get out of the huddle. Brett Favre, too, realized the problem and hurriedly called timeout, but not before flags flew.

The penalty knocked Minnesota back to the 38, confronting kicker Ryan Longwell with a potential 56-yard attempt instead of 51 yards and convincing the Vikings they needed to pass on third and 15.

Favre, gimpy on a severely sprained left ankle, rolled right and had at least 10 yards of open field between him and the far sideline to run, but he elected to throw across his body for Sidney Rice. Cornerback Tracy Porter intercepted.

New Orleans promptly won the overtime coin toss. Returner Pierre Thomas raced 40 yards from the goal line to give the Saints fantastic field position and set up Garrett Hartley for the 40-yard boot that put them in the Super Bowl.

The Vikings never touched the ball again.

On the kick coverage, Cedric Griffin, the Vikings' interception leader, tore his left anterior cruciate ligament, which required reconstructive surgery and leaves his status for tonight's rematch a game-time decision.

— Brian Murphy
    I am not clear on why you are rehashing this sequence now. Is there something new in what Murphy is writing that we didn't know before? Whatever the case, let's note for the record that: (1) Favre didn't call timeout until the Vikings had broken the huddle and were getting set at the line of scrimmage; and (2) that the Vikings had already taken a timeout after the previous play and thus Favre's calling a second timeout would have resulted in a penalty in its own right had they not been penalized for 12 in the huddle.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey
    Actually, FWIW, we live in a Federal Republic, not a democracy. One of 21 nations that does so.
    Do you have a definition handy for pedantic?
    I already gave you the example!

What if the Minnesota Vikings had not put 12 men in the huddle late in the NFC championship game?

By Brian Murphy

http://www.twincities.com/ci_1602632...topixheadlines

The Vikes finally got their Lombardi trophy!