Page 343 of 563 FirstFirst ... 243 293 333 341 342 343 344 345 353 393 443 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,860 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    Favre looked old and played like he didn't want to be out there yesterday.
    I saw less than a minute of that game. As soon as I turned it on, Favre threw an INT and Aikman called him old.
    Well, you now have your assignment for the next 14 weeks. Do not let us down.

Quote Originally Posted by retailguy
    I saw less than a minute of that game. As soon as I turned it on, Favre threw an INT and Aikman called him old.
    Well, you now have your assignment for the next 14 weeks. Do not let us down.
    I have to watch one minute of every Viking game? Apparently that's all it took this week...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

He looked old....in pain...and you could tell he was getting frustrated.
    C.H.U.D.

He looked old....in pain...and you could tell he was getting frustrated.
    In the late game, they had snippets of the early pressers. Favre said something like "I knew it would be difficult, but I didn't know it would be like this..."
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

I think Ziggy is the first to make the call. She has said that Favre's great fear has been staying on too long...and now he may have.

What I wonder is this: if he continues to play badly and the Vikings losses mount, would Favre walk away mid-season?

I think he would.

I think he'd hobble away and fabricate some sort of injury excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz
    I think Ziggy is the first to make the call. She has said that Favre's great fear has been staying on too long...and now he may have.

What I wonder is this: if he continues to play badly and the Vikings losses mount, would Favre walk away mid-season?

I think he would.
    I do too. He seems to me to be the type of player that doesn't play well if he isn't enjoying it. During the Monday Night Countdown show earlier on BSPN they showed Favre entering the stadium hours before the team's home opener and he looked like he was headed to the gallows.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    The ankle's just not holding up. I really thought it would after the surgery. I thought it would be alright but the bone spurs are back and it's not healing like I'd hoped.

The ankle's just not holding up. I really thought it would after the surgery. I thought it would be alright but the bone spurs are back and it's not healing like I'd hoped.
    Dr. Zig has spoken.
    C.H.U.D.

That's not Bert. There are no rhetorical questions that "that's for you fellas to decide..."
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz

I think he would.
    If he were to do it, it would be after this week's game with the Lions. Vikings have a bye in Week 4. If he plays poorly and especially if the Vikings lose, he could claim he's not helping the team, and retire.

Not likely though. The Lions are still pretty bad defensively.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

It's so cute how many of you still "care"!!

Care about the Vikings being in last place, and the Packers in first? You bet!!

BRING BACK MOBB DEEP!

BRING BACK MOBB DEEP!
    Vick is back. He doesn't care about Brett anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganPackerFan
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarlam!
    ...I have a real problem with posters around here that need to continually blow their own horns.
    That sounds like something Skin would do if he had two fewer ribs...
    You might be surprised if you met Skin. He is a prince of a guy in real life. Very hard not to like.

You might be surprised if you met Skin. He is a prince of a guy in real life. Very hard not to like.
    Usually someone is a prince of a country, but I can see Skin as being a prince of a guy.

Cheese & Beer Rat All-Pro MichiganPackerFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichiganPackerFan
    ...I have a real problem with posters around here that need to continually blow their own horns.
    That sounds like something Skin would do if he had two fewer ribs...
    Oh I have no doubts of that whatsoever! The witty/crass humor hints that we'd get along great in real life. There's a lot of people here I wouldn't mind having the opportunity to meet for a couple beers (including yourself of course)

Blog Entries
    http://voices.washingtonpost.com/har...kings_pro.html

Quote Originally Posted by Lavar Arrington
    Brett Favre is the Vikings' problem
    I'm sure all of the Brett Favre apologists will say the Vikings lost their first two games for every reason but the play of Favre. This is wrong. Many of the problems with Minnesota can be traced back to Favre and how he held an entire team hostage for the off-season.

The Vikings are struggling due to a lack of timing and continuity. You have to believe this began with the Vikings players seeing how Favre, the catalyst of the team, treated training camp and other affairs this year. When timing routes and meetings should've been taking place between quarterback and receivers, there instead were news headlines about Favre's very unclear future.

Quite frankly, there is no substitute for hard work and preparation. It's ridiculous to think that one could just throw a few passes to high school kids and do Wrangler commercials, then walk onto an NFL field and win. The competition level is too high for an aging man to continue to think that he could get away with his casual approach to the game.

What's even more interesting is that Favre's yardage wasn't bad in Sunday's loss to Miami. He threw for 225 yards - a very impressive stat for any quarterback. But three interceptions is not. Turnovers will lose games.

And after an 0-2 start, I'm wondering whether the Vikings still think it was wise for them to beg Favre not to retire? Was it worthwhile to offer him more money and send their best players and coaches to visit him during training camp to plead with him to play? Please.

This could turn out to be the worst off-season decision of the year.

Honestly, what do you believe these Viking players are thinking? I'll tell you. They are wondering the same thing they wondered last year: How the heck does an NFL franchise allow so much indecision? How does an NFL franchise allow a single player to dictate what happens and what doesn't?

And here's the most detrimental thought of all: Teammates now say to themselves, 'if he can get away with it, then why shouldn't I be able to do the same'?

The Vikings do not have a clear direction at this point, and although they were a pass away from playing in the Super Bowl last season, this team seems disjointed and dangerously close to a meltdown. And we all know the reason why. Sad, but true, we all know that Brett Favre's shenanigans are the main reason why.

By LaVar Arrington | September 20, 2010; 11:40 AM ET

I doubt Lavar Arrington knows much about what the Viking players are thinking. This week will be the key one. If Favre struggles against the Lions, then he and the team are in big trouble. If he does well, he and the team still have a chance to salvage a good season.