Page 349 of 563 FirstFirst ... 249 299 339 347 348 349 350 351 359 399 449 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,980 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641
    Right, Ryan would have taken Favre back if they hadn't drafted Sanchez. My feeling is that Favre played a game, just like he has for the past 4-5 years. He wanted out so he could go to the Vikings. That's why he asked for his release after retiring. Once the Jets drafted Sanchez they were stuck between a rock and a hard place. Those are the kind of actions that make me not like Favre. I know all about his stats and history. I also know about his actions. To me, he comes across as a self-serving jerk who has been coddled and only cares about himself. You are willing to overlook those flaws because you enjoy watching him play. Understandable, just not the road I choose to take.

The Jets drafted Sanchez because Bert made them. The Jets released Bert because he made them. The Jets paid a $250K fine because Bert's an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    Right, Ryan would have taken Favre back if they hadn't drafted Sanchez. My feeling is that Favre played a game, just like he has for the past 4-5 years. He wanted out so he could go to the Vikings. That's why he asked for his release after retiring. Once the Jets drafted Sanchez they were stuck between a rock and a hard place. Those are the kind of actions that make me not like Favre. I know all about his stats and history. I also know about his actions. To me, he comes across as a self-serving jerk who has been coddled and only cares about himself. You are willing to overlook those flaws because you enjoy watching him play. Understandable, just not the road I choose to take.

The Jets drafted Sanchez because Bert made them. The Jets released Bert because he made them. The Jets paid a $250K fine because Bert's an asshole.
    Well, the jets we're transitioning and at the time, Favre's golden arm was toast. He couldn't throw the ball more than 15 yards, the zip was gone, and there was no guarentee of recovery.

I'm nit saying he didn't want ot be released so he could have the CHANCE to play for the vikings, but I will say his "small retirement" had good reasons. The guy LOST HIS ARM essentially. Without that, he can't play.

I also wouldn't doubt Rex Ryan, who wasn't really part of the previous era. IF they were unable to trade up and get their guy, he may have very well persued brett if his arm was coming along. Afterall, Brett was pretty solid for them when they got to 8-3 before the tear progressed to a point where throwing the ball became difficult. With rex in there with that run game last year and defense, a healthy favre would of clearly been better than sanchez.

But they did get their guy, so it's a moot point. I believe Rex simply because, well, he had very little to do with favre leaving, and as he has shown, he has a very good reputation with his players and knows how to talk to them. He seems to always get what he wants in personell because of his player coach relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax
    Am I the only person who sees no contradiction between Bossman's account and Woodbuck's? Favre did not want to play for the Jets and wanted to play for the Vikings.

He told the Jets to plan to be without him. He asked for his release twice. The second time, after Sanchez was drafted, he was granted his wish. He signed with the Vikings. What possible confusion is there?

Age related confusion.

I also find it slightly humerous that the jets coaching leaving his team to go confront Revis and stop the silly holdout was viewed as okay, but when a few players from the vikings ask to essentially do the same thing, Brett has a ego problem.

Heh, it's the same philosophy to get players to come back and stop with the BS, just approached from two different sides.

Childress isn't even respected by his team, so sending him again wasn't going to make a difference.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/pl...0/seasontype/2

If you look way, way down at the bottom of the page.............keep going...........no.....keep going further down.............THERE HE IS - Bert the scumbag Favre with a passer rating of 60.4. The good news is that he's still ahead of Jimmy Clausen and Derek Anderson, and hot on the heels of Alex Smith and Shawn Hill. He'll always be number 28 in my book.

Am I the only person who sees no contradiction between Bossman's account and Woodbuck's? Favre did not want to play for the Jets and wanted to play for the Vikings.

He told the Jets to plan to be without him. He asked for his release twice. The second time, after Sanchez was drafted, he was granted his wish. He signed with the Vikings. What possible confusion is there?
    There is no confusion except Favre played the retirement card TWICE to get out of his contract and make himself a FA so he could play for the team he wanted to play for. It finally worked with NY. Favre told the Jets he was 'retired' but then asked for his release. RETIRED PLAYERS DO NOT NEED TO ASK FOR THEIR RELEASE so Favre lied when he said he was retiring from GB and NY. I remember him saying in so many words after he was asked if he would ever play again for another team that he couldn't do that to the Jets' ownership after they had been so wonderful to him and his family. He wasn't completely up front with NY here either, was he?

Quote Originally Posted by packerbacker1234
    I also find it slightly humerous that the jets coaching leaving his team to go confront Revis and stop the silly holdout was viewed as okay, but when a few players from the vikings ask to essentially do the same thing, Brett has a ego problem.

Heh, it's the same philosophy to get players to come back and stop with the BS, just approached from two different sides.

Childress isn't even respected by his team, so sending him again wasn't going to make a difference.
    Favre wasn't holding out. He was contemplating retirement, big difference between #4's situation and Revis'.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus

Did Favre actually have shoulder surgery? Let's see the scar!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger

Favre wasn't holding out. He was contemplating retirement, big difference between #4's situation and Revis'.

Revis held out over money - happens all the time.

Bert held out just because he's an asshole.

Age related confusion.
    Its getting worse too, because just this past Sunday I thought I saw the 4 minute drill work to perfection.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

No confusion. My point simply was that even if Ryan did want Favre back Favre didn't appear to want back.
    Go PACK

I wouldn't call "not wanting to practice" being an asshole move - the man is 40+ and has to have ankle injections just to play. Honestly, It was prolly a good move for his body to not be practicing during TC.

Just saying, he held out so he wouldn't have to practice. Not really an asshole move - the asshole move... sounds like a smart move to me. He KNEW the vikings would let him do it, so why not?

Jumbo Rat HOFer

I wouldn't call "not wanting to practice" being an asshole move - the man is 40+ and has to have ankle injections just to play. Honestly, It was prolly a good move for his body to not be practicing during TC.

Just saying, he held out so he wouldn't have to practice. Not really an asshole move - the asshole move... sounds like a smart move to me. He KNEW the vikings would let him do it, so why not?
    Because football is a team game! That took all of 2 seconds to think of.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan

Yes it is a team game, and if their is a chance of aggrevating an ankle that is already practically bone on bone that could prevent you from missing time in the regular season, is their a point, as a team player, to be risking that when you know the coaching staff, orginzation, and every teammate but Jackson is going to be okay with you taking as much time off as you need?

Not really sure "it's a team game" is a valid argument for Favre missing time - if anything, the TEAM is okay with it, they would of continued to be okay with it as long as #4 had said he was coming back all along. It was only the 'not knowing' part that was frustrating to his teammates, not the actual time he took off. THey repeatedly said in interview after interview that everyone was cool with Favre not showing up until a similar time period like last year, most citing his accomplishments, his age, the beating he took against the saints, and the stellar performance he gave this team last year and being big signs that Favre can take all the time off he needs in order to be able to perform for the TEAM.

I didn't watch the situation that closely, this is just based on ESPN force feeding every viking comment down our throats all summer.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Yes it is a team game, and if their is a chance of aggrevating an ankle that is already practically bone on bone that could prevent you from missing time in the regular season, is their a point, as a team player, to be risking that when you know the coaching staff, orginzation, and every teammate but Jackson is going to be okay with you taking as much time off as you need?

Not really sure "it's a team game" is a valid argument for Favre missing time - if anything, the TEAM is okay with it, they would of continued to be okay with it as long as #4 had said he was coming back all along. It was only the 'not knowing' part that was frustrating to his teammates, not the actual time he took off. THey repeatedly said in interview after interview that everyone was cool with Favre not showing up until a similar time period like last year, most citing his accomplishments, his age, the beating he took against the saints, and the stellar performance he gave this team last year and being big signs that Favre can take all the time off he needs in order to be able to perform for the TEAM.

I didn't watch the situation that closely, this is just based on ESPN force feeding every viking comment down our throats all summer.
    Dude.... Favre could show up in Minnesota and do his rehab there. Instead of throwing to high school players he could throw to his WR. No one said he had to be a 100% participant in every drill. Sit on the sidelines and watch. Help with film break down. Be a TEAM PLAYER!

Fuck I cracked my ribs my senior year in football and could have never shown up again. I wasn't practicing, I was never playing again, I was rehabbing. Yet I was at every practice and game that fall; standing on the sidelines cheering the team on. Why?? Becasue it's a TEAM SPORT!!

If you don't get it and want to give BF a pass I will never be able to change your mind.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Dude.... Favre could show up in Minnesota and do his rehab there. Instead of throwing to high school players he could throw to his WR. No one said he had to be a 100% participant in every drill. Sit on the sidelines and watch. Help with film break down. Be a TEAM PLAYER!

Fuck I cracked my ribs my senior year in football and could have never shown up again. I wasn't practicing, I was never playing again, I was rehabbing. Yet I was at every practice and game that fall; standing on the sidelines cheering the team on. Why?? Becasue it's a TEAM SPORT!!

If you don't get it and want to give BF a pass I will never be able to change your mind.
    Yeah, but one thing you have to always be weary of is the mental aspect of the game, and distancing yourself from that for as long as you. In the past, Brett has stated that the mental aspect is hard on you, and as a QB... I can completely understand.

Could he be throwing to teammates verse HS students? Sure, and but he has nothing to worry about mentaly, which is something I don't think was talked about enough.

QB's have to be very intellegent people to be successful, and when he get sback into breaking down film and concentrating on actual plays, even if limited or rehabbing, can be a big mental toll verse being in your comfort zone, sleeping in your OWN bed every night, throwing to kids without any expectations (which is obviously a great experience for those kids).

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Yeah, but one thing you have to always be weary of is the mental aspect of the game, and distancing yourself from that for as long as you. In the past, Brett has stated that the mental aspect is hard on you, and as a QB... I can completely understand.

Could he be throwing to teammates verse HS students? Sure, and but he has nothing to worry about mentaly, which is something I don't think was talked about enough.

QB's have to be very intellegent people to be successful, and when he get sback into breaking down film and concentrating on actual plays, even if limited or rehabbing, can be a big mental toll verse being in your comfort zone, sleeping in your OWN bed every night, throwing to kids without any expectations (which is obviously a great experience for those kids).
    What a joke!!!! For $16,000,000 a year I would expect said person to be able to deal with the pressure and stress. I am sure his condo in MN is just as damn nice as his home in MS. If he can't deal will an extra 7 weeks of "Mental Toll" maybe he shouldn't be in the NFL anymore.

And riding a bike to practice is a great experience for kids also.

-Tim Harmston

Moss will resurrect favres career

favre SUCKED last season
    They said God has a Tim Tebow complex!

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MOBB DEEP
    Moss will resurrect favres career

favre SUCKED last season
    Put that back into Google translator MOOB, the second sentence came out wrong.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I think he was actually working on hooking up with Jenn Sterger.....

http://deadspin.com/5657512/did-a-je...yline=true&s=i