Page 354 of 563 FirstFirst ... 254 304 344 352 353 354 355 356 364 404 454 ... LastLast
Results 7,061 to 7,080 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

NFL looking into Favre allegations

By BARRY WILNER, AP Pro Football Writer 29 minutes ago

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP)—The NFL says it is reviewing allegations involving the Vikings’ Brett Favre(notes), who the website Deadspin says sent racy messages and photos to a former sideline reporter while he played for the Jets.

League spokesman Greg Aiello said Friday, “We are reviewing the matter,” when asked about reports that Favre sent voice mails and photos to Jenn Sterger.

Asked about the website report on Thursday, Favre, now with the Minnesota Vikings, said, “I’m not getting into that.”

The Vikings and Jets play Monday night in New York.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...-favre-scandal

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by get louder at lambeau
    Asked about the website report on Thursday, Favre, now with the Minnesota Vikings, said, “I’m not getting into that.”l
    That's the truth.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    Can we get some volunteers to be a character reference here?

Anyone?????????????
    Favre will always have a Woody
    " Favre will always have a Woody " mraynrand

Yes mraynrand. I expect he certainly will.

A) To: the OWNER (s) of Packerrats or whomever was responsible, for that action to drop that thread. I 'personally' commend you on that action.

Thank YOU.

To : mraynrand:

THANKS Sir, for your advice on that thread that was dropped yesterday. I certainly appreciate ' that advice ' man.

C) TO the membership at Packerrats:

I will make no further comment ' to anyone ' on the issue or matter of that thread that was dropped. PLEASE ... don't waste your or my time posting me on that issue.

It's not my business.

GO PACK GO !
    cool. Sorry about that phrase. It just popped in there, like when Ray Stantz couldn't help himself thinking about the Stay Puft marshmallow man...

"Mr. Stay Puft would never harm me"
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

And Deanna said that's not all of what he won't be getting into.

[quote="get louder at lambeau"]
    Favre, now with the Minnesota Vikings, said, “I’m not getting into that.”.
    Duh, Bert. We know you are not getting into that. It's your failed attempt to get into that that we are talking about. If you had gotten into that, she probably would have kept quiet because speaking about it would show that she is a big boobed ho without morals. She'd also be encouraging more old, married athletes to send her cock shots.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Yahoo running with the Favre crocshot scandal. I wonder when PackerRats will pick up on it.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AqXgyGPdUVeQ7yeizuh8IJFDubYF?slug=ap-favre-scandal

Yahoo running with the Favre crocshot scandal. I wonder when PackerRats will pick up on it.
    Get Louder posted that link already. I'm surprised there aren't others.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Favre's throwing arm hurts. Imagine that!

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vi...Yyc:aUycaEacyU

Favre's throwing arm hurts. Imagine that!

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vi...Yyc:aUycaEacyU
    I would think he would have hurt his wrist first.

Woody, I agree with Red. Whatever objection you had to the content of that post was far outstripped by the fit you pitched. Your language and anger were exactly the kind of thing you deplore elsewhere on this site.

You have raised questions about the character of both players and posters with far less evidence than is available for Favre's current imbroglio.

You cannot lay claim to any authority bestowed by your blameless conduct and then engage in the very behavior to which you object. That thread is very mild given the subject matter and there is plenty of evidence against the QB to make it a fit matter of public discussion and not simply a session of gossip or groundless speculation.

Exactly what did you accomplish by rising to the bait laid by others? Every instance of material mentioned in that thread has been posted here. You let people who disagree with you get the better of you for no good end.

I normally enjoy the perspective you bring, even while I disagree with your beliefs about Favre and Thompson. But your comments in that thread went too far.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by get louder at lambeau
    NFL looking into Favre allegations

By BARRY WILNER, AP Pro Football Writer 29 minutes ago

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP)—The NFL says it is reviewing allegations involving the Vikings’ Brett Favre(notes), who the website Deadspin says sent racy messages and photos to a former sideline reporter while he played for the Jets.

League spokesman Greg Aiello said Friday, “We are reviewing the matter,” when asked about reports that Favre sent voice mails and photos to Jenn Sterger.

Asked about the website report on Thursday, Favre, now with the Minnesota Vikings, said, “I’m not getting into that.”

The Vikings and Jets play Monday night in New York.
    So much for ignoring it. Even ESPN might have to make mention of it (while glossing over it, certainly) Monday night.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

First columnist to weigh in with an opinion:

Favre gives Goodell a prickly dilemma
    Jason Whitlock

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/b...goodell-100810

The genie is out of the bottle.

"Prickly dilemna" Very well done Jason.

He does bring up a good point though. Goodell has to do something about this and if he just gives him a slap on the wrist, it's going to be sh*t-storm about preferencial treatment.

Hopefully he'll do something about it and soon as well. If he's so quick to penalize a coach for the middle finger (and an owner of a franchise last year) then he should be equally as diligent and expedient about this as well.

Brett "Tiger" Farve

Profootballtalk.com
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...terger-matter/

- I like the comment, "maybe he sent it to the wrong person...like he does with his passes"

ESPN - they only picked up the AP story, no Mort or Ed Werder.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5663024
    "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time" Max McGee

I wonder how much it would cost me to have Jenn Sterger make a personal appearance at Bert's Hall of Fame induction?

Maybe Bert could have Sean Salisbury do his induction speech.

I'd love to see this keep that prick out of the Packer HOF, but I guess with Chewy getting in there's no chance in hell of that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig
    "Prickly dilemna" Very well done Jason.

He does bring up a good point though. Goodell has to do something about this and if he just gives him a slap on the wrist, it's going to be sh*t-storm about preferencial treatment.

Hopefully he'll do something about it and soon as well. If he's so quick to penalize a coach for the middle finger (and an owner of a franchise last year) then he should be equally as diligent and expedient about this as well.
    Any other player would be at a serious risk for a suspension. The problem is that a big part of Brett is the streak, so does Goodell have the balls to end it with a suspension that is under his discretion (as apposed to the mandatory ones like steroid use).

Of course if the pictures are not of / from him, then there will be no suspension, as the voice messages do not really sound to me like harassment. Since he is married, it does impact the image of the league, but has the league ever done anything to anyone for screwing around, or in this case trying to screw around? At the very most it would be a $10k fine, just to make the league look good.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!