Page 36 of 563 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 136 536 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacopete4
    ya, I think theres something to it Harv. I mean people do change with age, ...........

Agreed - he's just not the same player he was when he was 38.

But fear not. He's got the Chefs coming up this week, and the Lambs in 3 weeks. He should have ample opportunity to pad those stats.
    That's great, but who are the Chefs?

Points to anyone who gets that reference.

Quote Originally Posted by cpk1994
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacopete4
    ya, I think theres something to it Harv. I mean people do change with age, ...........

Agreed - he's just not the same player he was when he was 38.

But fear not. He's got the Chefs coming up this week, and the Lambs in 3 weeks. He should have ample opportunity to pad those stats.
    That's great, but who are the Chefs?

Points to anyone who gets that reference.
    Great googly moogly.

Some great commercials those were.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSAXLayoMKI

So that's why the end zones weren't painted this week...

Is it wrong to have candy for breakfast?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    I don't really have a problem with it. You've got to lie in the bed you made. The Packers chose their destiny knowing things like this would happen.

I like that you are honest.
    Favre could be in on 9/11 & the fanatism for Favre wouldn't even stop there. What´s honest about being blind and fanatic about a Mickey Mouse sports star? NUFFIN!
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by LL2
    Favre's rating has dropped to 13th among starting QB's...I think Arod is 5th and yesterday. As the weather gets worst Favre's stats will get worst. We will see that TT and M3 made the right choice.

one year does not a 3XMVP/HOF career make buddy....

"call me in 16 years then we can talk" LOL
    They said God has a Tim Tebow complex!

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MOBB DEEP
    Favre's rating has dropped to 13th among starting QB's...I think Arod is 5th and yesterday. As the weather gets worst Favre's stats will get worst. We will see that TT and M3 made the right choice.

And what Favre did 10 years ago has nothing to do with either this year or TT/MM's choice so why did you just open your mouth? Go back to suckin Favre's knob - knob deep.

just playin' man. I just like the heated Favre debate because I think the majority of us realists are right on this one and you guys are so crazily commited to that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell

And what Favre did 10 years ago has nothing to do with either this year or TT/MM's choice so why did you just open your mouth? Go back to suckin Favre's knob - knob deep.

just playin' man. I just like the heated Favre debate because I think the majority of us realists are right on this one and you guys are so crazily commited to that guy.
    lol knob deep

i actually am a reaiist; read my sermon/last post on "favre denies report" thread...

my response here was to the gloating about arod's rating in comparison to lord's and how favre will get worse as the year goes on

8 simple words...EVRY ALL-TIME QB RECORD KNOWN TO MAN!!!
    They said God has a Tim Tebow complex!

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

lol knob deep

i actually am a reaiist; read my sermon/last post on "favre denies report" thread...

my response here was to the gloating about arod's rating in comparison to lord's and how favre will get worse as the year goes on

Including the interception record.

Look, I'm a huge Favre fan too, but the realist in me prevails. I know he won so many come from behind games, I relished seeing every one. The fact is I remember so many crushing defeats because of the interceptions. Having watched almost every one of his games this year his play can be summed up in one sentence.

Flashes of brilliance tainted by poor decision-making and a weakening arm.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by TennesseePackerBacker

lol knob deep

Including the interception record.

Look, I'm a huge Favre fan too, but the realist in me prevails. I know he won so many come from behind games, I relished seeing every one. The fact is I remember so many crushing defeats because of the interceptions. Having watched almost every one of his games this year his play can be summed up in one sentence.

Flashes of brilliance tainted by poor decision-making and a weakening arm.
    And judgment...vindictive old bastad! I mean he is like the old guy next door that gets mad when a ball goes in his yard!
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Dang, it sure got quiet in here in a hurry.

:P That's because there's 24 new Favre threads since this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Brando19
    :P That's because there's 24 new Favre threads since this one.
    Im Sorry.

Imagine for a moment that Brett could go back in time to July - a mulligan if you will. Think he'd take the $20M "bribe" to stay retired?

I think in retrospect it looks incredibly generous. And they got skewered for trying to protect Brett from Brett. Maybe its one of those cases of no good deed going unpunished.

Blog Entries
    Imagine for a moment that Brett could go back in time to July - a mulligan if you will. Think he'd take the $20M "bribe" to stay retired?

I think in retrospect it looks incredibly generous. And they got skewered for trying to protect Brett from Brett. Maybe its one of those cases of no good deed going unpunished.

He just might; the Jets offense is not nearly as talented as Green Bays. And I think he figured GB would take him back.

As is I still hope he gets us a 2nd round draft pick

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky
    Personally, I'm hoping the Jets go 3-13 so we get a really early third round pick. The Jets are going to finish behind the Bills and the Patriots, they're just not anywhere near as talented or cohesive as those two teams (not to mention their QB's late season woes) and the only way the Jets could make the playoffs is for both wildcards to come out of the AFC East. But if we're really handicapping it, I'd say the Colts, Patriots, Jaguars, Chargers, and Ravens of the non-division leading AFC teams have a better shot at making the playoffs than the Jets.

Plus, looking at their upcoming schedule you can pretty much pencil in four more losses for the Jets, and 9-7 doesn't usually make the playoffs in the AFC. More losses are possible considering that the Jets have to travel West for both the 49ers and the Seahawks, and teams traveling through three time zones East to West for games are 3-6 this year.

So in terms of "what's best for the Packers" realistically, we should be cheering for the Jets to lose every game possible, and Favre to play all the snaps.
    </delurk>

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker64
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky
    Personally, I'm hoping the Jets go 3-13 so we get a really early third round pick. The Jets are going to finish behind the Bills and the Patriots, they're just not anywhere near as talented or cohesive as those two teams (not to mention their QB's late season woes) and the only way the Jets could make the playoffs is for both wildcards to come out of the AFC East. But if we're really handicapping it, I'd say the Colts, Patriots, Jaguars, Chargers, and Ravens of the non-division leading AFC teams have a better shot at making the playoffs than the Jets.

Plus, looking at their upcoming schedule you can pretty much pencil in four more losses for the Jets, and 9-7 doesn't usually make the playoffs in the AFC. More losses are possible considering that the Jets have to travel West for both the 49ers and the Seahawks, and teams traveling through three time zones East to West for games are 3-6 this year.

So in terms of "what's best for the Packers" realistically, we should be cheering for the Jets to lose every game possible, and Favre to play all the snaps.
    Baah

agreed ... i would enjoy watching that

This analysis makes some sense to me, but I suppose that makes me a hater.

I didn't realize that the PAckers moved from a 4th to a 3rd just by Favre playing snaps.

I think we better give it a few more games before jumping on the, "just lose, baby" bandwagon, but I'm ready in standy-by mode. The Jets play a fish this weekend, they still have a reasonable playoff shot.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Hello, Harlan. Fancy meeting you here!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

oh ya, I'm a Brett the Jet guy.