Page 37 of 563 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 137 537 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    In case anyone cares, the transcript of Favre's Presser is here. It's good to get his side of the story. The very last question intrigues me. I want to know the answer - who released the info and why. What did Favre know and when did he know it?

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/ar...ranscript.aspx
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    In case anyone cares, the transcript of Favre's Presser is here. It's good to get his side of the story. The very last question intrigues me. I want to know the answer - who released the info and why. What did Favre know and when did he know it?

Justin Harrell has provided the best analysis of this question. The Packers hired a media savvy politician to help them. Politicians are wonderful twisters and understand how to get people on your side. He thought the Packers found out and they are the source. Makes as much sense as anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky
    He thought the Packers found out and they are the source. Makes as much sense as anything else.
    I'd think that Glazer would comment that he couldn't reveal his source if this were the case (rather than potentially get caught in a lie) when he said the source was not from within the Packers organization. I knew somebody would blame Ted Thompson for this latest incident, but I didn't think it would be Bretsky.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    He thought the Packers found out and they are the source. Makes as much sense as anything else.
    I'd think that Glazer would comment that he couldn't reveal his source if this were the case (rather than potentially get caught in a lie) when he said the source was not from within the Packers organization. I knew somebody would blame Ted Thompson for this latest incident, but I didn't think it would be Bretsky.

I didn't know Glazer noted that; and that was JH's theory. I said it makes as much sense as anybody else.

TT just gets blamed for picking Harrell

I didn't know Glazer noted that; and that was JH's theory.
    I heard him say it on a radio interview with Dan Patrick on my way into work.

Justin Harrell has provided the best analysis of this question. The Packers hired a media savvy politician to help them. Politicians are wonderful twisters and understand how to get people on your side. He thought the Packers found out and they are the source. Makes as much sense as anything else.

I wonder what Favre is paying ESPN to be his mouthpiece.

Senior Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell

most likely nothing..

Quote Originally Posted by Pacopete4

most likely nothing..

I dunno......a steady diet of juicy text messages at least.

Blog Entries

Did you listen to Billick today ?

It almost deserves it's own thread but after noting how multiple threads were started about Favre after all of this I can't bring myself to originating another one.

Billick had an interesting take. Noted every Monday or Tuesday, phones are ringing off the hook. Coaches calling former players, players calling players...Gm's calling players they know...anything to get any edge they can.

His take was BFD if Millen called Favre and they spoke; if Favre called Millen he thought that was in poor taste.

I'm not sure I completely agree with his take, but from Billick's view something is being made out of nothing here about something that happend every week of the season.

Was interesting to listen to; still not happy Favre spoke to Millen though.

Senior Rat HOFer

most likely nothing..

I dunno......a steady diet of juicy text messages at least.

they probably have the unlimited texting plan

Senior Rat HOFer

Did you listen to Billick today ?

It almost deserves it's own thread but after noting how multiple threads were started about Favre after all of this I can't bring myself to originating another one.

Billick had an interesting take. Noted every Monday or Tuesday, phones are ringing off the hook. Coaches calling former players, players calling players...Gm's calling players they know...anything to get any edge they can.

His take was BFD if Millen called Favre and they spoke; if Favre called Millen he thought that was in poor taste.

I'm not sure I completely agree with his take, but from Billick's view something is being made out of nothing here about something that happend every week of the season.

Was interesting to listen to; still not happy Favre spoke to Millen though.

only cuz ur a packer fan.. if you were any other teams fan you wouldnt give two shits about this story...

Favre is no longer a Packer so whatever he decides to do against us is his right..

Did you listen to Billick today?
    I heard part of it, but he never answered the important question (at least, when I was listening). Patrick asked him if he would spill the beans on the Ravens. Billick went off on a tangent. He came across as not wanting to rip Brett. We're talking about spilling secrets about a team you played with for 16 years... with supposedly close friends on the team. It's different than the examples he cited. Sure, there are friends in the league that will advise other friends about what other teams are doing. I think that's different than this situation. Just my read on the situation.

My take on this situation is that I think it was true, blown out of proportion, and Brett should have left out the "total B.S." text message. I'm not that worked up about it. The two biggest issues I've had in this whole saga are: 1) Brett throwing Campen under the bus, and 2) Brett wanting to play for the Vikings to stick it to Ted Thompson. I think the first thing was inexcusable--while I think the second thing shows an utter lack of compassion for the fans that supported him for 16 years.

Senior Rat HOFer
    I heard part of it, but he never answered the important question (at least, when I was listening). Patrick asked him if he would spill the beans on the Ravens. Billick went off on a tangent. He came across as not wanting to rip Brett. We're talking about spilling secrets about a team you played with for 16 years... with supposedly close friends on the team. It's different than the examples he cited. Sure, there are friends in the league that will advise other friends about what other teams are doing. I think that's different than this situation. Just my read on the situation.

My take on this situation is that I think it was true, blown out of proportion, and Brett should have left out the "total B.S." text message. I'm not that worked up about it. The two biggest issues I've had in this whole saga are: 1) Brett throwing Campen under the bus, and 2) Brett wanting to play for the Vikings to stick it to Ted Thompson. I think the first thing was inexcusable--while I think the second thing shows an utter lack of compassion for the fans that supported him for 16 years.

Harv I respect what you just wrote... but how would you feel if you were in Brett's shoes? I mean really.. put urself there. Don't think about the Packers or fans... think about yourself.

YOU put in the hard work, YOU busted your ass to be where you are, YOU accomplished everything and more and now YOU have this situation.

I know its a team game, but its individuals that play the game.. I'm just curious into what you think, or how you would've felt and handled urself.

most likely nothing..
    Of course not. ESPN loves to suck up. carry water and kiss Favre's ass. The guy could commit murder and ESPN would be railing at injustice, calling Favre the victim. ESPN is total garbage.

Senior Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by cpk1994

most likely nothing..
    Of course not. ESPN loves to suck up. carry water and kiss Favre's ass. The guy could commit murder and ESPN would be railing at injustice, calling Favre the victim. ESPN is total garbage.

ESPN = Disney

Brett Favre = Disney Movie

Dennis Quad = Brett Favre

All this = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Harv I respect what you just wrote... but how would you feel if you were in Brett's shoes? I mean really.. put urself there. Don't think about the Packers or fans... think about yourself.

YOU put in the hard work, YOU busted your ass to be where you are, YOU accomplished everything and more and now YOU have this situation.

I know its a team game, but its individuals that play the game.. I'm just curious into what you think, or how you would've felt and handled urself.
    Don't forget you RETIRED. THen wanted to comeback then said you wanted to stay RETIRED. He has nobody to blame but himself.

I'm just curious into what you think, or how you would've felt and handled urself.

I'd have called my mom and told her to go have a press conference to whine about how my team was treating me bad in retirement.

Senior Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by cpk1994

Don't forget you RETIRED. THen wanted to comeback then said you wanted to stay RETIRED.
    I asked Harv.. a responsible poster, but yes Harv please take alllllll the facts into consideration

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ...........

I could really care less who he talks to anymore about anything. He's no longer a Packer and nothing he says or does really has any effect on the success of the team....at least this year. The draft pick could really help out though. Go Jets!
    C.H.U.D.

I asked Harv.. a responsible poster, but yes Harv please take alllllll the facts into consideration

Hey junior, the forum has a PM feature for when you're afraid of other people answering your questions. Not that you really care how they're answered.