Page 378 of 563 FirstFirst ... 278 328 368 376 377 378 379 380 388 428 478 ... LastLast
Results 7,541 to 7,560 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I'll certainly do my part of the whammy
    Sorry I didn't text back, but my plan is limited and I went way over last month. The wife was unhappy. I still don't think this team will win the Super Bowl. If we still had Finley and Grant, I would change my tune. You never know though. We'll know a lot more after this weekend. This game will be as tough as any game we'd face in the playoffs--other than playing at Philadelphia.

Blog Entries
    just got to reading this as I figured it wasn't worth wasting my time. I was right
    Very one sided and jaded as if another shewriter was trying to make a name for herself
    One drams queen writing about another
    Weak; she conveniently leaves out points and has weak support on others
    Some of her views are accurate, while often incomplete. But she should read McGinn and learn when her goal is to write a slanted editorial.

She would not be worthy of holding the jock strap of some of the posters in here criticizing Favre.
    She should join our forum and take lessons on supporting viewpoints

My view of Lori Nickels just went up a notch
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    just got to reading this as I figured it wasn't worth wasting my time. I was right
    Very one sided and jaded as if another shewriter was trying to make a name for herself
    One drams queen writing about another
    Weak; she conveniently leaves out points and has weak support on others
    Some of her views are accurate, while often incomplete. But she should read McGinn and learn when her goal is to write a slanted editorial.

She would not be worthy of holding the jock strap of some of the posters in here criticizing Favre.
    She should join our forum and take lessons on supporting viewpoints

My view of Lori Nickels just went up a notch
    What did she leave out, and what was incomplete or unsupported? What was accurate? You have me curious.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I am curious as to whether this new freedom to run the offense will result in him playing like he did last year - that old meme of the "revitalized" Brent - or if the team's suckiness will put him in the position of trying to do it all and thus throwing more and more picks.
    I think Farp played lights out in 2009 because vengence was his motivation. He wanted to stick it to the Packers and TT. He thought he could just show up at the eleventh hour again this year and be just as wonderful but his lack of offseason training and preparation came back to bite him and the queens in the tail. Couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch of clowns, frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Calling Favre an amateur. Why the hate Scott Campbell?

Because a pro would have used a macro shot for something that size.

No doubt I'll get a flag for piling on, but what the hell:

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...ler_Fever.html

Ouch.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    No doubt I'll get a flag for piling on, but what the hell:

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...ler_Fever.html

Ouch.
    Fritz - you never seem to let us down.

My Favorites:

The Vikings were victimized by Old Yeller Fever in 2009. An organization that had never won a Super Bowl actually stepped back and said to itself:

"You know, maybe if we pick up an aging, mistake-prone, 40-year-old quarterback with a history of collossal meltdowns on the field and massive bouts of public indecision in the off-season, but who won a Super Bowl back in 1996, we might actually win one, too!"

But like a buddy caught up in the fever of drugs, booze or an affair, victims of Old Yeller Fever never listen to anybody.
    "Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

Low Profile Rat Starter
    Recieved this in an e-mail. You can judge for yourself.

Brad Childress' House Egged Monday Night

Minneapolis police reported that an individual attempted to "egg" Brad
    Childress' house last night. An empty egg carton was recovered at the
    scene.

Two eggs hit Mr. Childress' house, 3 eggs went over his house and hit
    his
    neighbor's back door, 2 eggs hit the houses of each of his next door
    neighbors, and the remaining 3 eggs were found broken on the ground near
    the
    carton from where the individual threw them.

Analyzing what was actually hit, police officials say they are
    considering
    Brett Favre as the primary suspect.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Funny stuff man!

Quote Originally Posted by LP View Post
    Recieved this in an e-mail. You can judge for yourself.

Brad Childress' House Egged Monday Night

Minneapolis police reported that an individual attempted to "egg" Brad
    Childress' house last night. An empty egg carton was recovered at the
    scene.

Two eggs hit Mr. Childress' house, 3 eggs went over his house and hit
    his
    neighbor's back door, 2 eggs hit the houses of each of his next door
    neighbors, and the remaining 3 eggs were found broken on the ground near
    the
    carton from where the individual threw them.

Analyzing what was actually hit, police officials say they are
    considering
    Brett Favre as the primary suspect.

Too funny!! Can I share it?

Polka Rat Starter
    This is the 1st time I have ventured on this post. Fritz's article on Old Yeller Fever seems the perfect place to put this 755 pages tp pasture. I live for the day I can come to Packer Rats and never see BrINT's name anywhere.
    He's not a Packer, and not even much of a QB. His legacy and personal life are in much deserved shambles.
    Na na na na ............

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    This is the 1st time I have ventured on this post. Fritz's article on Old Yeller Fever seems the perfect place to put this 755 pages tp pasture. I live for the day I can come to Packer Rats and never see BrINT's name anywhere.
    He's not a Packer, and not even much of a QB. His legacy and personal life are in much deserved shambles.
    Na na na na ............
    This thread is the Mason-Dixon Line compromise: we couldn't keep some rats from loving Brint so much that they wanted to post weekly love letters to his progress as a Jet/Viking and we couldn't keep others from starting countless new threads to flame him so it was decided that all things BF could stay in one easy-to-ignore spot. This compromise has kept an uneasy peace among Ratdom. The truly recent development was to have yet another thread which was allowed to stay because Joe ruled it was about Brint's cock and not so much about Brint the football player.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    Na na na na ............
    With all due respect, I hope you're living for more than that!

In a Packer forum as un-moderated as this one, it's unrealistic to expect for references and discussion of Favre to disappear. Most Packer fans have a sense of history. Whether you love Favre, hate him, or are somewhere in between, Favre is a pretty significant part of that history.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    With all due respect, I hope you're living for more than that!

In a Packer forum as un-moderated as this one, it's unrealistic to expect for references and discussion of Favre to disappear. Most Packer fans have a sense of history. Whether you love Favre, hate him, or are somewhere in between, Favre is a pretty significant part of that history.
    On that note I propose a Bart Starr thread.....but not one for his cock.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Just saw it on ESPN from Ed Werder. Brett Favre is, "fighting illness". Poor victim Favre.

I have a question for all of you who can get the Packer Radio Network. Do any of you recall Wayne and Larry discussing Favre's departure on the air during the second MN/GB game last season?? Someone on the GBP-G forum claims to have heard Wayne and Larry telling the listeners during the broadcast of that game that after the NFC Championship game that a member of the Executive Committee wanted Favre gone! They then went on to discuss at length that the team decided to part company with Favre before #4's teary press conference. Do any of you recall hearing this on the air during the game? I find it hard to believe a story such as this hasn't been mentioned before now.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Just saw it on ESPN from Ed Werder. Brett Favre is, "fighting illness". Poor victim Favre.
    He has a sinus infection according to Zulgad.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I have a question for all of you who can get the Packer Radio Network. Do any of you recall Wayne and Larry discussing Favre's departure on the air during the second MN/GB game last season?? Someone on the GBP-G forum claims to have heard Wayne and Larry telling the listeners during the broadcast of that game that after the NFC Championship game that a member of the Executive Committee wanted Favre gone! They then went on to discuss at length that the team decided to part company with Favre before #4's teary press conference. Do any of you recall hearing this on the air during the game? I find it hard to believe a story such as this hasn't been mentioned before now.
    I doubt its true, but I can't say I remember the broadcast. I could easily see a member of the Exec Committee holding that opinion, but to share it with the radio team would be dumb. And then the part about planning to part company before the retirement party does not flow from the first claim, not does it mean that this member got his way. Thompson could still have made the call and the first part of the story remains unconnected. It is simply a way to make it look like a plot to force Brett out come hell or high water; to make it look like he had no choice.

However, there is a wealth of mis-information about Brett and the Packers decision to part company floating around. I learned last week on another football site that Brett first got his own private office from Mike Sherman in 2005 to protect Brett from intrusive media inquiries about the drafting of Aaron Rodgers.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He has a sinus infection according to Zulgad.
    the espn crawl says bf says he might have pneumonia but expects to start. sounds like he needs another hug. i hope he does start with pneumonia.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    the espn crawl says bf says he might have pneumonia but expects to start. sounds like he needs another hug. i hope he does start with pneumonia.
    sorry...it was the nfl network crawl.