Page 38 of 563 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 138 538 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Pacopete4
    Dennis Quad = Brett Favre

Dianna Ross = Brett Favre

Senior Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ...........

I could really care less who he talks to anymore about anything. He's no longer a Packer and nothing he says or does really has any effect on the success of the team....at least this year. The draft pick could really help out though. Go Jets!

exactly Freak... hes not a packer so he can do whatever he wants.. once we let him go, thats his right... its a non issue to me

I could really care less who he talks to anymore about anything. He's no longer a Packer and nothing he says or does really has any effect on the success of the team....at least this year. The draft pick could really help out though. Go Jets!

exactly Freak... hes not a packer so he can do whatever he wants.. once we let him go, thats his right... its a non issue to me

I told everybody you would do this.

Senior Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell

do what? isn't it the truth? He's not a packer anymore.. he doesnt have to answer to anyone but the jets..

Would I like it if he told all the teams we play our secrets? absolutely not.. but thats not the point.. Favres not a Packer anymore, he doesnt have to care what we think

do what?

First you said he didn't do it, and you wouldn't believe it until Glazer produced his sources, and they admitted it. I said if that happened, it wouldn't matter anyway, because then you would just start making excuses for Brett.

Brett confirmed Glazer's report. You immediately started making excuses.

Senior Rat HOFer

do what?

First you said he didn't do it, and you wouldn't believe it until Glazer produced his sources, and they admitted it. I said if that happened, it wouldn't matter anyway, because then you would just start making excuses for Brett.

Brett confirmed Glazer's report. You immediately started making excuses.
    what excuse did I make for him? Him not being a Packer is not an excuse its reality... as a Packer fan of course I'm pissed at him for doing it but when all the facts laid out, he really didnt do shit.. like i said, none story

what excuse did I make for him?

I consider everyone of your posts to be sorry excuses, on par with:

My dog ate my paper.
    The sun got in my eyes.
    I didn't know it was plugged in.
    I'm just a stupid college kid.

Etc, etc, etc.....

Senior Rat HOFer

My dog ate my paper.
    The sun got in my eyes.

Etc, etc, etc.....

I consider everyone of yours completely against Brett Favre and really in general, you never really post anything but something against other people...

My dog ate my paper.
    The sun got in my eyes.

Etc, etc, etc.....

I consider everyone of yours completely against Brett Favre and really in general, you never really post anything but something against other people...

My eyes........they're welling up.........

My dog ate my paper.
    The sun got in my eyes.

Etc, etc, etc.....

My eyes........they're welling up.........

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky
    Was interesting to listen to; still not happy Favre spoke to Millen though.
    You just need to get past your Favre hatred.

I think this latest incident turns out to be a giant snoozer. My guess is that it was not a big deal, but people can spin it any which way depending on their bias. There is no good information one way or another to fairly evaluate it.

Nothing has changed in Favre Land since July.

Some people think the team screwed over Favre, some think the team accomodated him enough and had a right to make a business decision.

Almost nobody's attitude has changed sinced July, people take sides on every incident based on how they view the above question.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky
    Was interesting to listen to; still not happy Favre spoke to Millen though.
    You just need to get past your Favre hatred.

I think this latest incident turns out to be a giant snoozer. My guess is that it was not a big deal, but people can spin it any which way depending on their bias. There is no good information one way or another to fairly evaluate it.

Nothing has changed in Favre Land since July.

Some people think the team screwed over Favre, some think the team accomodated him enough and had a right to make a business decision.

Almost nobody's attitude has changed sinced July, people take sides on every incident based on how they view the above question.
    Actually, Harv, there have been a number of people who have changed their stance on Favre over this, so your last statement isn't entirely true.

Quote Originally Posted by cpk1994
    Actually, Harv, there have been a number of people who have changed their stance on Favre over this, so your last statement isn't entirely true.
    If you ever confuse me with Harlan again, I'll kill ya.

Not too many, Woody.

I've gone a little soft on Favre in this latest dust up, but I'm still pretty much a Ted Thompson groupie.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers

Oops, my bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    Not too many, Woody.

I've gone a little soft on Favre in this latest dust up, but I'm still pretty much a Ted Thompson groupie.
    Come on, if you are going to misidentify me, you could have at least called me Merlin.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers

Lighten up Francis
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

I read something from a Packer fan that I feel is most appropriate during this time. It's no fluff piece and pretty much gives a heart-felt summary. I think people on both sides of the Favre drama can relate to. I found this on Packerpalace and it's not a news article so I think it's ok to post here. The author's name is Ray.

"After stewing in this for a day or so, I gotta say under no circumstances am I willing to throw Brett under the bus, I just can't. I look at it now as our most beloved player, at least since the sixties, and the player who loves the name brand of Green Bay Packers more than anyone since the sixties, is, in effect, a jilted lover, and I can dig that, and I love him for it. I will never forget that virtually the first thing he said in a New York press conference was I will always be a Packer, gave me chills. Add to that his being the prime ingredient that made it safe for me to go to work in Chicago on Monday mornings, and that in the financial district, pretty much the heart of the Bear lair, to see Bear fans go from intentionally mispronouncing his name, to outright envy of him to the point where their outlook changed to the only problem with him is the team he plays for, obviously all of us could go on and on about the thrills he gave us, I really must stress look at it as the sad end of a very intense love affair, (but one that nearly doubtlessly, even in light of this, will eventually be restored to inferno status)which nearly all of us have endured I guess, and ask yourself where your own sense of reasoning was at that time. Pretty skewed I will wager.

I admit even though it means better draft choices I have not exactly rooted for Brett as a Jet, the worst part of me wanted to see him get injured in that first game, after all, I am jilted myself and have been a Packer backer since before Brett was born. In closing I will say I don't think Brett is close to being washed up, near as I can tell he go this hard til he is 43, wish it was as our backup or starter, but I have every confidence that TT will use whatever draft choice it is as I believe he always does, and that is intelligently. To those who want to toss TT under the bus, I will bet that when his tenure in Green Bay is over, he will say that was bar none the most difficult thing he had to do, it might not seem like it, but a heart beats in that guy to, he really understands what fits in Green Bay, and surely understood nobody ever fit like Brett Favre, but somebody had to make a decision and sign the damn papers."

Wow, that's an excellent read. You're right, just about everyone, regardless of how you feel about the situation, can relate to that some way or another.

Senior Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    I read something from a Packer fan that I feel is most appropriate during this time. It's no fluff piece and pretty much gives a heart-felt summary. I think people on both sides of the Favre drama can relate to. I found this on Packerpalace and it's not a news article so I think it's ok to post here. The author's name is Ray.

"After stewing in this for a day or so, I gotta say under no circumstances am I willing to throw Brett under the bus, I just can't. I look at it now as our most beloved player, at least since the sixties, and the player who loves the name brand of Green Bay Packers more than anyone since the sixties, is, in effect, a jilted lover, and I can dig that, and I love him for it. I will never forget that virtually the first thing he said in a New York press conference was I will always be a Packer, gave me chills. Add to that his being the prime ingredient that made it safe for me to go to work in Chicago on Monday mornings, and that in the financial district, pretty much the heart of the Bear lair, to see Bear fans go from intentionally mispronouncing his name, to outright envy of him to the point where their outlook changed to the only problem with him is the team he plays for, obviously all of us could go on and on about the thrills he gave us, I really must stress look at it as the sad end of a very intense love affair, (but one that nearly doubtlessly, even in light of this, will eventually be restored to inferno status)which nearly all of us have endured I guess, and ask yourself where your own sense of reasoning was at that time. Pretty skewed I will wager.

I admit even though it means better draft choices I have not exactly rooted for Brett as a Jet, the worst part of me wanted to see him get injured in that first game, after all, I am jilted myself and have been a Packer backer since before Brett was born. In closing I will say I don't think Brett is close to being washed up, near as I can tell he go this hard til he is 43, wish it was as our backup or starter, but I have every confidence that TT will use whatever draft choice it is as I believe he always does, and that is intelligently. To those who want to toss TT under the bus, I will bet that when his tenure in Green Bay is over, he will say that was bar none the most difficult thing he had to do, it might not seem like it, but a heart beats in that guy to, he really understands what fits in Green Bay, and surely understood nobody ever fit like Brett Favre, but somebody had to make a decision and sign the damn papers."

If he goes hard that long, and is who he keeps being... why did someone have to sign the papers? Why, for all he's done and how great he really is as a QB in the NFL, did we have to basically "give" him away? Why would we ever give a guy away at the age he's at, out playing young talent, why would we give that away. We can make a case where as Arod needed to play, but was QB play really our problem for the past 10 years? Ask yourself that... I mean if the Packers organization, in any year could have put together a full team around this guy... EVERYONE, not just some, but EVERYONE who is a fan of football would be talking about the most athletic, most talented player to ever play the game....

if only he had played for the 49ers, steelers, cowboys, or patriots i guess... because those teams had actual TEAMS... not just a few stellar players... they had TEAMS that won SB's. Favre put together the greatest numbers the game might ever see with so-so teams other than his 3 years from 96-98. People fail to understand that, but guess what... Favre does understand that... and at age 39, he's bitter at the packer organization not only for TT being a douche to him, but for all the things in the past that they never gave him as a player and that was fucking talent.... he won with offensive players that wont be known by people in the next 20 years... he set records with people that say... "who's that".... he is the best that will ever play this game, and im not afraid to say it... he did it with class and dignity and he's been shit on by a horrible franchise that did nothing for him in the long run... shame on you Green Bay Packers.. Brett does not thank you for Ray Rhodes or Mike Sherman or TT.... he hates u for it! ..... and I do too..