Page 381 of 563 FirstFirst ... 281 331 371 379 380 381 382 383 391 431 481 ... LastLast
Results 7,601 to 7,620 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    .....right along with Bert's career.
    good, then we agree
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    good, then we agree
    B,

If you want a thread to die, you should stop bumping it.

Really though, I think it's unrealistic to expect people on a Packers forum to stop talking about Brett Favre. Love him or hate him, he's a fascinating figure.

.....right along with Bert's career.
    Rigor set in long ago... IMHO... Should have gone out with dignity.... Like an Elway... the whole ending is an absolute "mess".... coach fired.... roof collapses... career in shambles... shouldn't have kept Brat Fart in the game, at a certain point in the season anyway, because he is DEFINITELY NOT the future of the Vikings... misfires.... miscues... long buried scandals rearing their "heads".... a cluster all the way around...FUBAR.... good riddance... I understand where those think that he brought something to the game.... he brought one ring... and a copious lot of statistics and records... but I reiterate... one ring.... ***sigh***... for some, I guess that's enough though..... but, what do I know.... I'm just an opinionated bystander without a clue....
    Football been very very good to me

+1 Cheesy
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Quote Originally Posted by easy cheesy View Post
    Rigor set in long ago... IMHO... Should have gone out with dignity.... Like an Elway... the whole ending is an absolute "mess".... coach fired.... roof collapses... career in shambles... shouldn't have kept Brat Fart in the game, at a certain point in the season anyway, because he is DEFINITELY NOT the future of the Vikings... misfires.... miscues... long buried scandals rearing their "heads".... a cluster all the way around...FUBAR.... good riddance... I understand where those think that he brought something to the game.... he brought one ring... and a copious lot of statistics and records... but I reiterate... one ring.... ***sigh***... for some, I guess that's enough though..... but, what do I know.... I'm just an opinionated bystander without a clue....
    You make a good point. Favre memories by fans will tend to be about the individual, not the team, because he really didn't have outstanding team accomplishments. One SB win and two SB appearances pale in comparison to what many other QB's have achieved.

For Favre you think about personal stats, not team accomplishments.
    For Brady one stat stands out (TDs in a season) but mostly you think about the team accomplishments.
    Roethlisberger is about team accomplishments, too.
    Manning is a lot like Favre, you think about the personal stats.

When I think about Favre, I think about the 200 dollars I shelled out for a jersey that I would like to urinate on. He's a fascinating figure to me, 'cause of the cock sucking media attention he receives, despite his obvious character flaws. They say love and hate are only seperated by a very fine line, I must have loved him passionately in the past, because the very sight of him makes me want throw up today.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    For Brady one stat stands out (TDs in a season) but mostly you think about the team accomplishments.

True, but Brady may be best remembered for all the supermodels.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    True, but Brady may be best remembered for all the supermodels.
    And bad haircuts.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Favre and TO comparisons

- Both involved in crazy drama
    - Both chalk it up to just wanting to win
    - Both accumulated crazy stats over long careers
    - Both played for 4 or more teams with at least one blow up departure
    - Neither had crazy record breaking seasons
    - Favre threw INT's, TO dropped balls
    - Neither known as champions of their era
    - Both had magnetic, larger than life personalities that attracted cameras and die hard fans

Both great players. Both have had great careers. Neither is even close to my favorite at their position.

On Favre's way out, I find it odd how unceremonial it has been. His streak is one of the greatest accomplishments in all of sports yet it gets a few lines of play and everyone moves on. Dan Marino, Elway, Montana. . . It was a big deal when they were done. Favre is almost forgotten if not for the record book.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    On Favre's way out, I find it odd how unceremonial it has been. His streak is one of the greatest accomplishments in all of sports yet it gets a few lines of play and everyone moves on. Dan Marino, Elway, Montana. . . It was a big deal when they were done. Favre is almost forgotten if not for the record book.
    Not really true. Favre's already taken over ESPN a handful of times with his annual retirements.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    On Favre's way out, I find it odd how unceremonial it has been.

I think that may be because it's mostly reruns.

I thought Favre could start again this year? He's not on IR correct? Fuck....we NEED him to start against the Bears.
    C.H.U.D.

Blog Entries
    Favre exuding class toward the Packers once again...

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nf...ael&id=5941769
    Peppers was one of the Bears defenders who found Favre after the game, to shake his hand and wish him well, and more actually. "I was happy Brett suited up," Peppers said. "I figured it might be the last time I got to see him across the field from me on the opposing sideline. Yeah, I talked to him after the game. I told him it was an honor to play against him. He said, 'Likewise. … Go beat the Packers in a couple of weeks.'"
    What a dick.

Here he is, getting more of what he deserves. It's nice of Urlacher to pay his last respects like this:

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus

Another Classic, classy move from Favre in preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Favre exuding class toward the Packers once again...

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nf...ael&id=5941769

What a dick.

And people wonder why us fans hold a grudge?