Page 382 of 563 FirstFirst ... 282 332 372 380 381 382 383 384 392 432 482 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,640 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Favre exuding class toward the Packers once again...

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nf...ael&id=5941769

What a dick.
    Vince, you're back! And with a pithy, accurate comment, per usual.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

[/thread]

Blog Entries
    oh for the love of God here we go again; does this rally frickin surprise anybody ? Is this actually news ? Who gives a shit at this point.

Not that anybody in here would want to hear anythig positive about Favre...but here it is.

Brett and Deanna Favre recently flew in and came about 45 minutes from my home to visit a family with a very sick young one per their request. I heard about it last week but didn't bother posting it in here because those who still have some liking for him have left here.

The experience was posted by somebody on youtube if anybody cares about anything positive
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQlcYsz1c8s
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Favre exuding class toward the Packers once again...

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nf...ael&id=5941769

What a dick.
    I was starting to warm to Favre a little, especially after seeing him get beat up so much lately. Not after hearing this.
    Go PACK

Favre still has negative feelings toward the Packers. A lot of Packer fans have very negative feelings toward Favre. Fair enough. But when Favre makes a comment reflecting his negative feelings toward the Packers, does that make him a dick? Any more of a dick than the people who feel he got what he deserved when he gets injured?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Blog Entries
    Just because his dislike for GB has been out of the news lately does not mean anything has changed.

Favre is bitter toward the leaders of Green Bay and does not want them to be successful; water is wet. Maybe the former will change someday but it isn't happening anytime soon.

If you want to dislike Favre for being bitter to Green Bay or TT and MM, or for being a douche...or all of the above that is your decision and I can respect that.

But I'm shocked if any of this would surprise anybody
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Favre is a text sending, flip flopping, int throwing, over the hill, stayed one year too long, piece of monkey shit!
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    oh for the love of God here we go again; does this rally frickin surprise anybody ? Is this actually news ? Who gives a shit at this point.

Not that anybody in here would want to hear anythig positive about Favre...but here it is.

Brett and Deanna Favre recently flew in and came about 45 minutes from my home to visit a family with a very sick young one per their request. I heard about it last week but didn't bother posting it in here because those who still have some liking for him have left here.

The experience was posted by somebody on youtube if anybody cares about anything positive
    hoosier, I didn't write this...sometimes the quote works, sometimes it doesn't.......

On Monday night, you may have noticed Brett Favre wearing a fifth No. 4 in addition to the four that he already adorns on his purple home jerseys. You may have also noticed that the number was backward. This wasn’t a mistake, in fact, there is a very good reason behind it.

It all started on Friday, when Favre and his wife Deanna flew to Milwaukee to visit with a young fan named Anderson, who happens to be dying from a brain tumor. Brett was excused from practice and meetings by head coach Leslie Frazier in order to visit with the young man.

The Favres spent three hours with five-year-old Anderson and his family before heading back to the Twin Cities.

“Great family… Packer fans.” said Favre. “Kind of a conflicting household because this young man, Anderson, had become a Vikings fan as well. And since the brain tumor, he started writing his fours backwards.”

Before Monday night’s game, Favre decided to honor Anderson by wearing a towel with his number on it.

“Right before the game, Deanna sent this towel down with this backwards ‘4’ on it knowing that I would know what that would be about…that was in honor of him.”

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/andersonbutzine
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

What Favre needs is a PR person, and it doesn’t even have to be a very good one. Basically, someone to control his mouth; kind of like Holmgren with his playing.

Yesterday, why couldn’t he have just said that he was playing because that’s what he is paid to do, and that’s how his dad raised him………but it’s always got to be that he is doing it for the fans or for his team, blah, blah, blah…..oh the martyr Brett.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post

That's really smart PR. I wonder if Ari suggested it...

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    The good thing is that there are still two games left in the season. I know it's highly unlikely at this point, but Favre could still get knocked out of up to two more games. Keep hope alive!

He is the starting QB of a divisional rival for most likely 2 more weeks so there is nothing horrible about dissing him. Wanting injury upon him is way over the top but he will be long gone and back on his tractor in a few days, hopefully for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Favre is a text sending, flip flopping, int throwing, over the hill, stayed one year too long, piece of monkey shit!
    Only one year? You are too kind.... PEOPLE... can we get OVER this asshat already? Sidebar..... I did lol at Sir Charles stating that he did not find the fact that he (Brett) sent out a picture of his "member" to a female inhernently offensive... but however... he (Sir Charles) stated that, if you are going to send a photo of your "junk" you better hope it's at least "size worthy"... over 4 inches... ***wah wah wah wah****
    Football been very very good to me

One last thing.... living legend my ass..... ****pfffftttt*****... piffle and drivel abounds.....
    Football been very very good to me

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    That's really smart PR. I wonder if Ari suggested it...

I sure hope that's not why he did it. But I can't blame people for being cynical about his motivation - especially given the coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark View Post
    It all started on Friday, when Favre and his wife Deanna flew to Milwaukee to visit with a young fan named Anderson, who happens to be dying from a brain tumor. Brett was excused from practice and meetings by head coach Leslie Frazier in order to visit with the young man.[/url]
    Favre has had a long, long history of working with "Make A Wish" etc. While with the Packers it was said he had kids come in almost weekly during the season. He was always quite low-key about it, and at his request, so were the Packers. About once a year you would see a small news release about it, but he did an awful lot more than was publicized.

If I were a skeptic, I would point out what I have bolded in the quote above along with Favre's admitted dislike for the endless meetings during the season. But I do this only in jest. Clearly he visited the boy for all the right reasons. He has done the same often in the past, and I have no reasons to doubt his motivations now.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Favre still has negative feelings toward the Packers. A lot of Packer fans have very negative feelings toward Favre. Fair enough. But when Favre makes a comment reflecting his negative feelings toward the Packers, does that make him a dick? Any more of a dick than the people who feel he got what he deserved when he gets injured?
    I would say "yes". Favre is now three years removed and an elder statesman in the league. He needs to act like a professional and take the high road when he is in the public eye. He just diminishes himself and shows his bitterness and lack of maturity when making negative statements about the Packers. Emotional fans on newsgroups are simply background noise. His words are spoken to the media and will always be noticed.