Page 384 of 563 FirstFirst ... 284 334 374 382 383 384 385 386 394 434 484 ... LastLast
Results 7,661 to 7,680 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    To me, the surprising thing about Favre's comment to Peppers is that the subject was at the forefront of his mind at that moment. Here he was at the end of perhaps his last game against a perennial rival, talking to a current league star on a team that just clinched the division title. Depending on his injuries, it might have been the end of his last NFL game ever. The Bears gain no great benefit from beating the Packers, so Favre didn't say it as an encouragement for the Bears to go on and accomplish something. There is no advantage gained by the Vikings if the Bears beat the Packers, so concern for his present team had nothing to do with it.

Nope, at that moment, which could have been an emotional one for a lot of reasons, at the forefront of his mind was his grudge against the Packers. After three years and all that has happened since, his vendetta against TT/McCarthy/Murphy is still at the forefront of his thinking. Kind of amazing, really.

The problem about him saying and doing negative things like that toward the Packers is that it is a slap in the face to some former longtime teammates still in GB for whom he should still care and want to see succeed. It is also a slap in the face to the many, many fans who idolized him while he was a Packer. Many of those fans have cheered for his success as a Jet and as a Viking, while still wanting the Packers to succeed as well. Neither the Packer players nor the Packer fans did anything to cause the situation between him and the Packers, yet Favre's hurt feelings cause him to take it out on them as well. For his own good, he should exercise more discretion, especially three seasons after the fact. With each new incident, he loses fan support and his image tarnishes just a bit more. For his own happiness, it is time to move on.

It's time for him to act like an adult in accordance with what he has always said he knows to be true, that football is a business and that teams are run like a business. He continues to make it personal. He needs to stop for a lot of reasons.
    Yes indeed. It appears Mr. Favre is the one who still has issues here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    It appears Mr. Favre is the one who still has issues here.
    Understatement of 2010.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    actually he's giving a wish that Chicage beats Green Bay. Surprise ...water is wet.
    People wishing injury are worse
    I take his wish totally different. These are the types of things you say to your opponents. Had they just finished playing GB and he was talking to DD. He probably says go beat the Bears. It doesn't mean shit. At the time it looked like the Bear/Packer game was going to mean something.

Quote Originally Posted by LEWCWA View Post
    I take his wish totally different. These are the types of things you say to your opponents. Had they just finished playing GB and he was talking to DD. He probably says go beat the Bears. It doesn't mean shit. At the time it looked like the Bear/Packer game was going to mean something.
    It looked like it was going to mean the Packers wouldn't be in the playoffs, Brett's only consolation this year. Chicago sewed up the division with that game.

But so what if he said it with all of the spite in the world? It's not like he phoned up Lovie Smith to talk about Green Bay's offense or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    50 grand? He can find that in his pocket lint!
    Thanks Ted!

Blog Entries
    WFC
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by packrulz View Post
    Masterful job by Goodell minimizing the impact of this pr fiasco and covering the legal ass of the NFL at the same time - all while being completely full of shit and all about the money.

Thumbs down

Nice CYA maneuver by Goodell.

Sterger could file a lawsuit vs. Favre, Jets and NFL, but I'm not sure that'll happen.

Overall this has been a poor year at NFL HQ. This mess, the handcuffing of defenses on what a legit hit is or the poor officiating gives Goodell a failing grade this year. (that's not including the lack of a finalized CBA)
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldean View Post
    Nice CYA maneuver by Goodell.

Sterger could file a lawsuit vs. Favre, Jets and NFL, but I'm not sure that'll happen.

Overall this has been a poor year at NFL HQ. This mess, the handcuffing of defenses on what a legit hit is or the poor officiating gives Goodell a failing grade this year. (that's not including the lack of a finalized CBA)
    Not to mention delaying the Eagles/Vikings game for 2 days because of a moderate snowstorm.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Blog Entries

Add money, money, money, money, money, and grown men everywhere schlurping at his feet to door #2. Brett Favre sure is going to miss the good ol' days.

Quote Originally Posted by packrulz View Post

That's not all he'll find in his pocket!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    That's not all he'll find in his pocket!
    Yeah, but the $50 grand will be easier to find...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Well this is his last game. A Broken Down losing QB in Detroit...
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    It's not like he phoned up Lovie Smith to talk about Green Bay's offense or anything.
    Only because he is forgetting it in his old age.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Ground Rat
    I'm pretty sure that if Sterger had a leg to stand on there would have been a law suit long ago. I'm still confident in believing there was a 2 way street of communication. All of which led to certain photos being in her possession. I also believe Favre prob received some "photos".

In the end. I have a hard time figuring out how I feel about everything.

I understand why a player would struggle w/ retiring and the desire and ability to still play. I just think he put the Packers in a bad spot and eventually they had to something. I don't begrudge him for wanting to come back or even moving on. However I do not agree w/ him having this vendetta against the Packers because he was just as equally to blame in my eyes for him no longer being the QB here. All he had to do was make a more timely decision. The whole divorce was a mess w/ both parties at fault.

I just can't bring myself to hate the guy. I still love him because he "laid" it all out there for this team and gave me some incredible memories. Many of which w/ my Dad that I'll cherish forever.

He the best Packer ever. end of story. I really hope he can retire a Packer and both sides can put this behind them. Brett needs to come home to GB.

His personal life has always been on display and he has flaws. As a fan I do not at all like the cheating on his wife or any of that conduct. Yeah he loves the spotlight and attention but almost every star in any sport does to some degree. He is not worse than Brady or Manning or Woods or any body. The media chooses to make a huge deal out of his "decision".

I think he is generally a very good guy, prob very down to earth kind of guy if you hung out w/ him for any length in MS, cares for kids, and is prob more charitable than we will ever know.

Sure there is a lot of things that left a bad taste in my mouth but I hope the guy returns and becomes part of this organization again.

John Elway just got what Brent Faver always wanted. He gets to boss around the GM.

Hall of Fame quarterback John Elway reached an agreement with the Broncos to join their front office, a league source confirmed Sunday. Elway won two Super Bowl championships with the Broncos, the only team from which he played.

According to The Denver Post, the Broncos likely will hold a mid-week news conference to formally announce Elway's appointment as vice president of football operations -- a title once held by former coach Mike Shanahan...

Broncos general manager Brian Xanders will report to Elway, according to The Post. Elway also will have a say in the team's next head-coaching hire after Josh McDaniels was fired during the season.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d..._headlines2col

Quote Originally Posted by Packers4Glory View Post
    I'm pretty sure that if Sterger had a leg to stand on there would have been a law suit long ago. I'm still confident in believing there was a 2 way street of communication. All of which led to certain photos being in her possession. I also believe Favre prob received some "photos".
    If this supposition was true, then Brett would have shared his records, as he would have been off the hook completely. Since the investigation was ONLY about professional conduct in the workplace (and with coworkers/employees) and not about private matters or morality, presenting such evidence would have exonerated him completely. To believe he did not present such evidence and acted against his own best interests, you would need to have an explanation or motive that would have prevented him from protecting himself. No one seems to have come up with one so far that involves Sterger having acted inappropriately.

In fact, he was fined for not cooperating and not being candid (lawyer-speak for lying). Likely, he refused to provide ANY cell phone records (or the phone itself) that would have matched up the images to a phone he owned. That would have caught him dead to rights in a lie. The league is not the government and has no subpoena power, so they could not force the issue and Favre could certainly refused an examination to see if the "carpet matched the drapes", so to speak.

There is also the small matter of the league reporting that Sterger did not behave inappropriately. Favre is not the country bumpkin he likes to pretend to be at times with the media. But in this case, he was dumb.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

It's all about the "guys" as he runs out a different tunnel than the team to the waiting Phenom 300.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Well, I believe it's all over now. I don't see Brent coming back any more. He's toast. I think this past year really showed him that his days are done.

The remarks he made were so typical of him. He talked a few times about what other people might say....but that he wasn't worried about what other people might say. And he thanked the Packers! Is he trying to mend some fences already?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Packers4Glory View Post
    I just can't bring myself to hate the guy. I still love him because he "laid" it all out there for this team and gave me some incredible memories. Many of which w/ my Dad that I'll cherish forever.

He the best Packer ever. end of story.
    I really hope he can retire a Packer and both sides can put this behind them. Brett needs to come home to GB.

Sorry, but Bert can't hold Bart's jock - as a person or a player.