Page 392 of 563 FirstFirst ... 292 342 382 390 391 392 393 394 402 442 492 ... LastLast
Results 7,821 to 7,840 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy View Post
    Why do I get the feeling that he actually means this retirement and he's suddenly realized how badly he's screwed up his legacy--methinks he wants his old fans back and thinks he can make it happen by saying lots of nice things about the Packers when the microphones are on...
    Well, I hope so. I think it would be unfortunate if he were to remain bitter towards the Packers for the rest if his life. What happened the last 3 years should not define the relationship between Favre and the Packers.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by green_bowl_packer View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ory?id=6031703

.... Rodgers, who's emergence made Favre expendable in Green Bay before the 2008 season, led the Packers to a dominant 48-21 win over the top-seeded Falcons on Saturday.

...The 41-year old Mississippi native originally retired in 2008 after the Packers decided to go with Rodgers as their starting quarterback.

However, Favre decided he wanted to return later in the year and was eventually traded to the Jets.
    He retired AFTER the Packers decided to go with Rodgers? Is ESPN rewriting history?

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    He retired AFTER the Packers decided to go with Rodgers? Is ESPN rewriting history?
    Bus Cook, Editor

Brett Favre may have left Green Bay three years ago, but he's still got the Packers in his heart.

In an e-mail response to ESPN's Ed Werder, Favre said Monday that the Packers are "by far" the best team left in the NFL playoffs.

"[Packers QB] Aaron [Rodgers] is the best QB and the receiving corps is the best ever, maybe," Favre said in the e-mail. "But [defensive coordinator] Dom [Capers] and the defense gets the MVP award at this stage."

Rodgers, who's emergence made Favre expendable in Green Bay before the 2008 season, led the Packers to a dominant 48-21 win over the top-seeded Falcons on Saturday.

Favre officially filed retirement papers with the league Monday after two seasons with the Minnesota Vikings and one year with the New York Jets. The 41-year old Mississippi native originally retired in 2008 after the Packers decided to go with Rodgers as their starting quarterback.

However, Favre decided he wanted to return later in the year and was eventually traded to the Jets.

But Favre insisted he holds no grudges against the organization he was with for 16 seasons.

"There is no bitterness. I'm happy for them and very happy and content with my legacy," Favre told Werder.

Favre again chose to retire after the 2008 season, but signed with the rival Vikings in August 2009. Favre's decision alienated many of those Packers fans who once cheered his Lambeau Field heroics.

Still, Favre thinks this is the year for Green Bay to win its first Super Bowl since Favre and the Packers beat the New England Patriots in 1997 in Super Bowl XXXI.

"I think they will win it all! I hope they do, if you are wondering," Favre said in the e-mail.
    That's it, if the Packers lose on Sunday, I'm blaming Favre. It'll be just like old times.
    </delurk>

Why do I get the feeling that he actually means this retirement and he's suddenly realized how badly he's screwed up his legacy--methinks he wants his old fans back and thinks he can make it happen by saying lots of nice things about the Packers when the microphones are on...

That, or he hired Ari Fleisher to write his emails.

Brett says the Packers are the best team. Bretsky has to find reasons why the Packers will lose. This should be a classic.

Brett Favre may have left Green Bay three years ago, but he's still got the Packers in his heart.

In an e-mail response to ESPN's Ed Werder, Favre said Monday that the Packers are "by far" the best team left in the NFL playoffs.

"[Packers QB] Aaron [Rodgers] is the best QB and the receiving corps is the best ever, maybe," Favre said in the e-mail. "But [defensive coordinator] Dom [Capers] and the defense gets the MVP award at this stage."

Rodgers, who's emergence made Favre expendable in Green Bay before the 2008 season, led the Packers to a dominant 48-21 win over the top-seeded Falcons on Saturday.

Favre officially filed retirement papers with the league Monday after two seasons with the Minnesota Vikings and one year with the New York Jets. The 41-year old Mississippi native originally retired in 2008 after the Packers decided to go with Rodgers as their starting quarterback.

But Favre insisted he holds no grudges against the organization he was with for 16 seasons.

"There is no bitterness. I'm happy for them and very happy and content with my legacy," Favre told Werder.

Favre again chose to retire after the 2008 season, but signed with the rival Vikings in August 2009. Favre's decision alienated many of those Packers fans who once cheered his Lambeau Field heroics.

Still, Favre thinks this is the year for Green Bay to win its first Super Bowl since Favre and the Packers beat the New England Patriots in 1997 in Super Bowl XXXI.

"I think they will win it all! I hope they do, if you are wondering," Favre said in the e-mail.
    Fence Mending 101. They teach this tactic on the first day of class.

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by get louder at lambeau View Post
    Wait, what? Rewriting history a little there? Faver retired AFTER the Packers decided to go with Rodgers? No wonder they don't put the author's name on this bullshit.
    +1

Check the facts first you friggin' amateurs at BSPN!! It's crap like that which makes me trust forums of fans more than "The Loser In Sports Television"

Because I think it's in your nature to want everything to turn out OK Zig. This is quality I can admire.

BUT - I have a much different feeling:

I posted something similar elsewhere, but I think it's yet another classless, selfish move by Burnt Favre to get the spotlight. The spotlight IS his drug. If the dude had an ounce of respect for any of the players or the organization, he'd just shut his big 'ol southern addict pie-hole and allow this current Green Bay Packers TEAM to have their moment thus far in the playoffs. Instead, he's gotta butt in with his opinion:

"I think they will win it all! I hope they do, if you are wondering," Favre said
    The originator of the email never asked his opinion about the packers as evidenced by the qualifying post-statement "if you are wondering".

If you're out there BF - shut the hell up and disappear until AFTER the Superbowl is over. You had your time, now butt out, stop stealing other players thunder intentionally or otherwise, and let THEM have the spotlight. It's THEIR time pal. Your time is over.

But I'm not bitter
    Last edited by CaptainKickass; 01-18-2011 at 12:06 AM. Reason: to really kick Burnt Favres ass
    "Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

I'm beginning to believe Favre "retired" because he wasn't all that certain he could beat out Rodgers for the starting job in 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I'm beginning to believe Favre "retired" because he wasn't all that certain he could beat out Rodgers for the starting job in 2008.
    The Dagger !
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    It's interesting because several writers wrote in 2007 that Rodgers clearly had the best camp performance in 2007, and that if you went strictly by what they did in camp, Rodgers would start. Of course all agreed that Favre deserved to start, and that he would turn it on when the season started, as he did that year. That was when I first started to have confidence in Rodgers.

You could be on to something. Favre clearly wanted no part of an open competition for the job when it was offered in 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Packgator View Post
    Fence Mending 101. They teach this tactic on the first day of class.
    yup. backtracking brett.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    It's interesting because several writers wrote in 2007 that Rodgers clearly had the best camp performance in 2007, and that if you went strictly by what they did in camp, Rodgers would start. Of course all agreed that Favre deserved to start, and that he would turn it on when the season started, as he did that year. That was when I first started to have confidence in Rodgers.

You could be on to something. Favre clearly wanted no part of an open competition for the job when it was offered in 2008.
    I got to see Rodgers come out with Jennings very early for practice at Detroit before the thnxgivng game 2007. Guy was very sharp, completing everything. Deep outs to the sideline, comebacks, posts, sluggos, etc. etc. I was really impressed and was starting to think about Manning-Harrison connection stuff (since it was always well-publicized they threw 100 passes or so in warm up). I was a little shocked at how much they practiced together. Where was Favre? (He came out later for that typical team warmup they do). So in the back of my mind, I'm thinking the Rodgers has as big a gun as Favre and may be more accurate - and may be more connected with the receivers - at least Jennings. Then Favre comes out and throws a franchise record of consecutive completions! It was a great time because I knew that once Favre was out, they had this really solid guy ready to go - and the very next week they needed him against Dallas. That was really the beginning of the realization that Favre's time was limited to maybe one more year.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I got to see Rodgers come out with Jennings very early for practice at Detroit before the thnxgivng game 2007. Guy was very sharp, completing everything. Deep outs to the sideline, comebacks, posts, sluggos, etc. etc. I was really impressed and was starting to think about Manning-Harrison connection stuff (since it was always well-publicized they threw 100 passes or so in warm up). I was a little shocked at how much they practiced together. Where was Favre? (He came out later for that typical team warmup they do). So in the back of my mind, I'm thinking the Rodgers has as big a gun as Favre and may be more accurate - and may be more connected with the receivers - at least Jennings. Then Favre comes out and throws a franchise record of consecutive completions! It was a great time because I knew that once Favre was out, they had this really solid guy ready to go - and the very next week they needed him against Dallas. That was really the beginning of the realization that Favre's time was limited to maybe one more year.
    sluggos?

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    sluggos?
    slant and gos

slant and gos
    cool, thx.

C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    I bet Bert's not feeling so smart right now. Just relieved. He no longer has to be that phony persona he cultivated all those years.
    that won't stop him. there are chicks to call/sext, reporters to charm, network execs (who want him to be on during their games/shows/pr-spots/etc.) to string along.
    it's already started with his ed werder text. geesh. go away already.

it's already started with his ed werder text. geesh. go away already.
    In fairness, it was Werder who initiated the contact. But we know what Werder was up to....

In fairness, it was Werder who initiated the contact. But we know what Werder was up to....
    werd!