Page 397 of 563 FirstFirst ... 297 347 387 395 396 397 398 399 407 447 497 ... LastLast
Results 7,921 to 7,940 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mission View Post
    I hate that I have to see this stupid fucking thread on top of my favorite forum with the Packers on the way to the Super Bowl...

Must be missing where nutz is contributing elsewhere in the forum. Could do without (or an ignore / hide thread) feature.
    I very rarely post in this piece of shit thread. I think it is a joke and I have about 6640 posts in other threads in this forum. You need to get the fuck off my ass

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarlam! View Post
    I get what you're saying, but I'll throw an analogy at you; If my wife fucked my worst enemy, made it public and insinuated it was my behaviour that led her to do it, the last thing on my mind is reminiscing about how great her BJs were. How 'bout you?

Honestly, I don't get this analogy. You have a relationship with your wife and obviously know your worst enemy. That would be emotional trauma one would live with forever because you know them all closely and on a personal level.

We are fans. They are sports figures.
    We don't know the players, we don't know Ted, and we don't know the executives of the Green Bay Packers.

I agree with Esoxx; the dude helped me witness my first title so as an athlete I cherished watching him and that team and I cherish Ron Wolf for putting it together. Now they are gone. Brett Favre could take a shit in the parking lot of Lambeau field and I really would not care. Brett Favre could come back squrming to TT and MM with endless apologies and I really would not care either. Is he a douche...jerk...drama queen. Probably. But in the broad scheme of things all of this means very little to me and I've moved on long ago. As a fan it's behind me and I'm just enjoying what we have now.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

What am I doing in this thread? Nevermind.
    Last edited by pbmax; 01-23-2011 at 07:55 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

The only reason the Packers made it to the Super Bowl this year is because Faver makes everyone around him better, and he used to be around the GB players. He saved the entire franchise single-handedly!! He's like a kid out there! He has intangibles!

Quote Originally Posted by get louder at lambeau View Post
    The only reason the Packers made it to the Super Bowl this year is because Faver makes everyone around him better, and he used to be around the GB players. He saved the entire franchise single-handedly!! He's like a kid out there! He has intangibles!
    Never mind.

Where's that ignore feature anyhow?

I see a dead thread !
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmdk View Post
    I see a dead thread !
    not if people keeping bumping it. wait...

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Whether he left with grace or as douchebag, he still helped put one Lombardi trophy under glass. The rest I could care less.

Time to turn the page.
    The Man...The Myth...The Living Legend
    I was 20 when he was the starting QB on a team that won us a SUPER BOWL and brought back OUR Lombardi trophy after decades of losing and being the butt of any NFL joke...for that he has earned his lore in Packer legacy....no matter his personal pitfalls...I don't see anyone here bringing up any of the old timers personal faults off the field...THANKSBRETT
    Baah

I don't remember any penis shots from Bart Starr.

Oh, and thanks Ted!!!!!!!!!

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Scott Check out the garbage can I think Skin just found a pic of Willie Davis's coal sausage.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    I don't remember any penis shots from Bart Starr.

Oh, and thanks Ted!!!!!!!!!

Football been very very good to me

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Scott Check out the garbage can I think Skin just found a pic of Willie Davis's coal sausage.

You make it sound so appealing.

Well, after Brett going on Gretta and trying to take down the Packers leadership for not really trying. Let's face it, that was either a last ditch effort to hurt Thompson or a last ditch effort to get him fired so Brett could still stay on board with the Pack. He did hurt Thompson. People were calling him the worst names in the book and lynch mobs formed to call for his firing. Some people, me included, saw this as a complete horse shit act. So here we are. Thompson has brought this team to a point that Brett couldn't do in his last 10 years here and his last 13 years in the league (age 28 and beyond). I'd say he's vindicated and I'd say Brett owes him an appology because Ted was just doing his job to the best of his ability after all. And people who think Favre took the Packers out of the depths are confused. The Packers hiring football people to do football work and stikcing to it is what took them from the dephts and will keep htem there. Brett was a part of it, but that's it. Bob Harlan, to me, deserves the real credit.
    Last edited by RashanGary; 01-24-2011 at 06:46 AM.

Harley FLHRC Rat Veteran AtlPackFan's Avatar
    Time to retire this thread. Say "bye" everyone.
    My house is in Georgia but Wisconsin is my home.

bye everyone!

It's all good. The best thing to me is we had a great QB in BF, that brought winning back to GB. It all ended pretty sour, but these things usually do! BFD-I'll always remember his play fondly, but alas we have the good fortune of having another HOF caliber player in the QB position! How awsome is that? Nobody knows what the future brings, So AR needs to cement his legacy in 2 weeks. I for one will remember BF's era with great satisfaction, but have moved on to rooting for the next Packer great and barring injury this guy will be right up there with the best in the game as well! So farewell oldman---Now AR lets go make some more memories, its been a long time again!

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    What a bunch of crap....the Favre years were fantastic until the end. I don't care that he was a womanizer or a drunk...he brought fight and excitement back to the Packers. Was he a fuck at the end...? Absolutely...but I will never forget that great stretch of football in the 90s.
    Most folks that have no love for #4 NOW appreciate all he did for the Pack during the 90's. But since he quit? Not so much.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Favre sucks, Rodgers is better.

Quote Originally Posted by LEWCWA View Post

I'll always remember his play fondly, ....
    I for one will remember BF's era with great satisfaction, ...
    I will remember his play for tremendous ups and tremendous downs.
    I, for another, will remember BF's era as one of extreme frustration, certainly not great satisfaction, save for one brief instant.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I will remember his play for tremendous ups and tremendous downs.
    I, for another, will remember BF's era as one of extreme frustration, certainly not great satisfaction, save for one brief instant.
    i think during bretts time here most of us had this giant packer colored dome dropped over us and filled with favre kool aide until we were drunk with favre love and saw him as a god and looked past his many, many negative attributes

he went to the jets and the dome stayed full. then the packer bashing from him began and the dome cracked, then he went to the vikings and wanted the packers to lose at all costs and the dome drained and most of us sobered up

now we can look back and see the guy did a lot of good, but he did just as much, if not more, stupid things that cost this team. things like his texting adventures would have been overlooked in the old days, just like when him and chewy use to bar hop all over northern wisconsin sexually harassing every female bar tender they could find and just making complete asses out of themselves. even after he got "sober" this attitude continued, but we always turned a blind eye because we were so in love with him

well the love affair is long over after a very ugly break up, now most of us can look back and truly see all the bad that came with the good

Blog Entries
    If you want a half-way decent horse-laugh, read the very first page of this thread.

With the new trophy in hand, it's hard to think about giving a shit about BLF or some of the things people used to care about.