Page 40 of 563 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 140 540 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Brett has been catching a lot of flack for sniping at the Packers. I sincerely hope he hasn't delegated that task.

Seriously Scott, do you think Deanna will just politely decline to discuss the Packers' treatment of her husband?

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz
    Seriously Scott, do you think Deanna will just politely decline to discuss the Packers' treatment of her husband?

I think declining comment would be the smart thing to do. It appears to be working for Ted. I think if she pours more gas on the fire, it's going to turn more people against Brett.

Honestly, I think Brett is the only one who can fix this. The Packer's can't do anything about it.

Once he moves beyond the events of last summer, and confines his recollection of Green Bay to the good times he enjoyed there, then fences can begin to mend. As long as he stays bitter, this thing will continue to be ugly.

I agree with you, absolutely. It's just that I'd be surprised - even shocked - if Deanna Favre did not get in at least a few rips on the Packers, and more specifically against TT.

I can't imagine her talking only about how she loves New York and the good reaturants and shops, and how Brett is so happy playing football again, or discussing Man-genius's play calling.

I think she's responsible for many of the good decisions in his life. Hopefully she will put her respect of Brett's legacy ahead of hard feelings about the split. I guess we'll see.

If you let a good PR person like FavreChild craft their message, it could be a golden moment for them. If she's talking just because they're still mad at Ted, then the Favre's will get skewered.

Blog Entries
    I'd love to spend a day with Deanna and get her whole take on this; she's a very level headed woman who has not always seen eye to eye with her hubby. Read her book; very intelligent take on his stay in Green Bay and how she viewed his career while fighting through the challenged of life and cancer

If she lays into TT that would mean more to me than hearing BF do it.

I continue to believe we are nothing but ignorant if we think we know the whole story.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky

I continue to believe we are nothing but ignorant if we think we know the whole story.

Perhaps. I won't claim to know exactly how it all went down. But I doubt any truth could change what's going on now. Brett is getting killed in the media for not getting over it. Ted gets to sit there and just say "we wish Brett the best" while letting Brett self destruct all on his own.

Brett needs to get out of the gutter, and stay out of the gutter. Then his approval rating will start to come around.

If she lays into TT that would mean more to me than hearing BF do it.

I highly doubt there's anything she could say to change people's minds. What you're talking about his her trying to win the Brett vs. Ted argument. I'd rather see her try to move beyond it and become a peacekeeper.

DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER

But I recently read a rumor on another forum, that at the beginning of LAST season, Packer scouts and staff rated Rodgers ahead of Favre, but because of the streak and the PR hit they would have taken, Favre got the nod.

Rodgers was rated ahead of Favre due to pass accuracy, mobility, the physical fitness (for lack of better term) that Rodgers arrived at camp with, along with the gaining support and confidence of his teammates.

Just passing along what I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    Brett is getting killed in the media for not getting over it. Ted gets to sit there and just say "we wish Brett the best" while letting Brett self destruct all on his own.
    Getting killed in the media is a HUGE overstatement, IMO.

Any yeah, Ted is sitting there. Who felt they needed to hire a political pressman during this whole thing? That should tell you something in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    Brett is getting killed in the media for not getting over it. Ted gets to sit there and just say "we wish Brett the best" while letting Brett self destruct all on his own.

Any yeah, Ted is sitting there. Who felt they needed to hire a political pressman during this whole thing? That should tell you something in itself.
    How about a guy that knmew he would get ripped to shreds becuase they decided to stick with Rodgers. A guy who knew anything he said would be twisted. Favre should have hired him first. This Fliescher thing is blown out of proportion because of who he was previously employed by.

Quote Originally Posted by cpk1994
    How about a guy that knmew he would get ripped to shreds becuase they decided to stick with Rodgers. A guy who knew anything he said would be twisted. Favre should have hired him first. This Fliescher thing is blown out of proportion because of who he was previously employed by.
    LOL Maybe Favre didn't think he ever had to put a "slant" on things. He is who he is. Those that appreciate what he did in the past for the GB Packers understand that and appreciate it. Introducing anything with political background/slant to the NFL teams is complete BS. Sports should be above all that CRAP.

And which way has the tide turned since that hiring? I see the tide turning further against Brett. Though I guess I'm biased, but so are you. I think there may be clues to which way the tide is turning even on this forum. Nutz and Partial seemed to find it harder to defend Brett after this latest episode. Those guys were solidly in Brett's corner before. I think there was far more media support for Brett even a month ago. And you never heard a peep from Jets players about Brett needing to just let it go. So that's why I think the tide may be turning against him.

What Ted and the Packers need to do isn't exactly rocket surgery. Stay out of the gutter. Continue to wish Brett well as he ridicules you for giving him a locker and being socially awkward.

In the end, none of it matters. Both sides need to move beyond it. Ted and the Packers appear to be beyond trying to beat Brett, and just want to move forward. Brett appears to still be trying to beat the Packers - to his detriment.

This whole thing will end once Brett decides to end it. IMO

Those that appreciate what he did in the past for the GB Packers understand that and appreciate it.

I guess that's one take. But I think there are those of us who appreciate what he did in the past for GB, and don't want to see him squander his legacy and all of the goodwill he spent 17 years accumulating. It's like watching a loved one do damage to themselves. Are you going to enable the behavior by excusing the gaffes, or try to help them stop?

Brett can still fix all of this very easily.

He is who he is.

I agree completely. The problem is that he's not who he was. He was a Packer, now he's a Jet. He was gracefully retired, now he's awkwardly hanging on. He was beyond reproach, now you've got every little monkey awaiting his next screw up. He had all of Wisconsin in the palm of his hand, now he's got some number less than that in the palm of his hand. He had the complete respect of all of his teammates, now he's got Chuck Woodson questioning his character.

Like it or not, his stock has fallen. And that's what sucks. Figuring out who to blame appears to be an exercise in futility.

Blog Entries

could not disagree more; I think ever since they hired the political twister Green Bay has used the media like a pawn. They are dam good now and always one step ahead.

I think the homers sweep the twister hire under the rug and ignore that it ever happened.

If TT was the one who looked to sign him on he was the best free agent signing since Charles Woodson

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker
    Expect to see the worst of me more often.

Like here?

could not disagree more; I think ever since they hired the political twister Green Bay has used the media like a pawn. They are dam good now and always one step ahead.

I think the homers sweep the twister hire under the rug and ignore that it ever happened.

If TT was the one who looked to sign him on he was the best free agent signing since Charles Woodson
    I don't know, as far as I can tell, team management has kept themselves completely out of this latest fiasco. They haven't said a word except a few player quotes from the locker room interviews. I don't thing Ari manages what the players say in the locker room.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Blog Entries
    "exactly rocket surgery."
    OK SC

WTF is "rocket surgery." anyhow?

Those that appreciate what he did in the past for the GB Packers understand that and appreciate it.
    Who are those who appreciate that he did in the past?

Are you saying those who supported the PAckers in their decision to go with Rodgers rather than Favre don't appreciate what Favre did in the past?

And whiile I got you on the line, who exactly are the "haters" who you regularly refer to? What does it take to get into that club?

I hear a lot of hate in you towards TT, and it is totally unjustified, the way I see things.