Page 400 of 563 FirstFirst ... 300 350 390 398 399 400 401 402 410 450 500 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 8,000 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

In memory of Brett Favre and in appreciation for all the thrills and heartaches he gave me as a Green Bay fan, I want to do my part and help honor him with the 1st four hundred page thread here at PackerRats.com.

This thread is exhibit A for how overrated he was. He has people believing he's special while he threw seasons away with bone headed play after boneheaded play. GB was starved for a winner and when Wolf built one, the fans latched onto the most dramatic personality on the team. I give Favre credit for having a strong body. As far wanting a QB who does the things necessary to win games, Favre is and has always been replaceable (not special in that way).

Durability = Special
    Longevity(records) = Special
    Actual play as it relates to winning = Not special

That's Favre's legacy. The dramatic regular season gunslinger who was easily replaced by a QB who does the things necessary to win.

When you think of Montana you think of amazing last moment throws to win games. When you think of Brady you think of him sliding in the pocket just enough to throw game clincher in SBs. Bradshaw, you picture SB bombs to Lynn Swann. Starr you remember doing everything right. Favre you picture Tracy Porter and dozens of other boneheaded, game losing picks. He's a different kind of legend. Records and all, there are a lot of QBs you'd rather have to win a big game. We have one now. Longevity and durability give Favre a forever place in history. It's his only great accomplishment.

I enjoy the debate. He played here for 16 years. How good he actually was will be debated for a long time.
    Last edited by RashanGary; 02-18-2011 at 08:03 AM.

Any meth lab updates for the Favre family?

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    That's a 'bobblehead' of another color

Quote Originally Posted by easy cheesy View Post
    I don't know Cheryl... I need a mop... and a wheelchair....and some kind of respirtory disorder that I talk with strangers about when I'm out smoking cigarettes..... by the way... can you take Mama back home? I think I can circumnavigate the rigor....lol CAN I GET A HALF?
    Cheryl?

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    This thread is exhibit A for how overrated he was. He has people believing he's special while he threw seasons away with bone headed play after boneheaded play. GB was starved for a winner and when Wolf built one, the fans latched onto the most dramatic personality on the team. I give Favre credit for having a strong body. As far wanting a QB who does the things necessary to win games, Favre is and has always been replaceable (not special in that way).

Durability = Special
    Longevity(records) = Special
    Actual play as it relates to winning = Not special

That's Favre's legacy. The dramatic regular season gunslinger who was easily replaced by a QB who does the things necessary to win.

When you think of Montana you think of amazing last moment throws to win games. When you think of Brady you think of him sliding in the pocket just enough to throw game clincher in SBs. Bradshaw, you picture SB bombs to Lynn Swann. Starr you remember doing everything right. Favre you picture Tracy Porter and dozens of other boneheaded, game losing picks. He's a different kind of legend. Records and all, there are a lot of QBs you'd rather have to win a big game. We have one now. Longevity and durability give Favre a forever place in history. It's his only great accomplishment.

I enjoy the debate. He played here for 16 years. How good he actually was will be debated for a long time.
    I think he'll go down as one of the better QBs to have played but his knack for crashing and burning in big games will prevent him from being in the same group as Baugh, Unitas, Starr, Bradshaw, Brady, etc. All of his records are there because he played for so many years without interruption.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Unbelievable. This thread at almost '400' pages. An outstanding example of the interest that Brett Favre draws.

He was once arguably 'the Icon' of the NFL. He'll always get attention.
    it's 200 pages on my computer. he'll aways be a viking icon.

13 to go to get 8000. come on...WE CAN DO IT.

Favre is scum who got what he deserved this year, and at the end of last year. I've enjoyed every bit of pain he's inflicted upon himself.

I also think it fitting that Deadspin and this young lass will have their prominent place in Bert's legacy.

Last edited by Scott Campbell; 02-18-2011 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    I also think it fitting that Deadspin and this young lass will have their prominent place in Bert's legacy.

Do those things deploy in case of a front end collision?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwon View Post
    Do those things deploy in case of a front end collision?
    Don't they pretty much look deployed already? Bleah.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    This thread is a historical document. Years from now when people study the effect that the Favre Saga had on Packer fans, they will find this thread a goldmine of information.
    This is truly a historic thread.

Quote Originally Posted by channtheman View Post
    This is truly a historic thread.

This thread is why Al Gore invented the internets.

This thread is the grand compromise that saved a rat nation and allowed us to find out how much used Brett Favre jersies are demanding.

$9.99 opening bid for a swatch.

Really? Where does one proudly display an authentic swatch?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brett-Favre-GAME...QQcmdZViewItem
    Last edited by swede; 02-18-2011 at 03:16 PM.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

I'm getting more than that for my #4 purple urinal pucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    I'm getting more than that for my #4 purple urinal pucks.
    Dang...all the good ideas are taken!
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Only a legend such as Favre could retire this many times.

come on...two more for 8000. make # 8000 special!!!

I think I've got the perfect post for #8000.