Page 401 of 563 FirstFirst ... 301 351 391 399 400 401 402 403 411 451 501 ... LastLast
Results 8,001 to 8,020 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

No you don't.
    C.H.U.D.

Man.....that was some rapid fire posting SC.....you are truly dedicated to this topic.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    Ha.....I think that's it.
    C.H.U.D.

Woodson: Favre had lots of opportunities to reach out to Rodgers

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 18, 2011, 5:04 PM EST
    The reports this week that Brett Favre wants to bury the hatchet with Aaron Rodgers has one player who’s been teammates with both of them wondering what took Favre so long.
    Charles Woodson said today on ESPN’s Jim Rome Is Burning that if Favre wants to reach out, that’s fine. But Rodgers should get to savor his status as the reigning Super Bowl Most Valuable Player without any Favre-related distractions.
    “This deal with Brett, I’m not sure what that’s all about,” Woodson said. “I know he’s had numerous opportunities to reach out. Why now? I don’t know. But for A-Rod, he doesn’t have to do anything. He’s a champion, he needs to enjoy this moment and not even worry about all that.”
    One Packers player told Mike Freeman of CBS that he thinks the bitterness between Rodgers and Favre runs deep enough that if Favre did call, Rodgers might not answer. Woodson said he thinks Rodgers would talk to Favre, although he’s not sure it would be the friendliest of conversations.
    “I don’t know the extent of what their relationship was,” Woodson said. “If Brett called him, he’d probably take the call. What’s said? I don’t know.”
    None of us knows what would be said between Favre and Rodgers at this point. But we’d all like to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Man.....that was some rapid fire posting SC.....you are truly dedicated to this topic.

I sniped Patler.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Why should any thread die unless it becomes so maligning or sick for this forum that to continue it would be obviouly detrimentlle to the overall good health and moral of PackerRats?

It certainly shouldn't die because posters, like you MJ, feel as you do about Brett Favre and for whatever reason (s) you choose to judge him. He's a human being he made errors. On that note he let many of us down. That doesn't mean he needs to be banished forever at PackerRats and this thread serves the purpose to post any info. on Favre and not populate the other threads with whatever news comes out on him.

On the flip side' of those character issues and the rest of the speculations RE: his departure fr. Green Bay:

Brett Favre was once one of the greatest Packer QB's. He'll be in the HOF. His resume as an NFL QB is outstanding. The positives can be listed on and on. I see no 'real' problem with this thread living on.

Here's a clear solution for you MJ and those that are like you and annoyed by this thread:

** Ignore this thread MJ. Would you have a difficult time doing that? That hard for you? if so then maybe PM your friends and make a pact to go there **. Sort of a mutual support group. to boycott this thread and never post too or respond to any post in it. Ignore this thread don't whine about it's existance.

Allow those of us who see no issue with this thread some PEACE about it's existance and standing here.

My suggestions are too logical MJ. (-: Everyone ' wins '.

GO PACKERS!

Uhhhh...you do understand what it means to let a thread die, right, Buck? No one (at least not me) is suggesting deleting it.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    I enjoy the Favre debate. As time goes by, I'll eventually be one of hte old timers that talks about how overrated he was. I was big fan of a lot of those teams and the credit Favre took from his teammates over the years with his dramatic, "me me" personality is always something I will remind people of when we look back on those great teams that always seemed to fall short with a bone headed interception.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Damn you Scott! OK, here are my choices for post #8000:

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

And my number one choice for post #8000:

STOP THE MADNESS!
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    STOP THE MADNESS!
    Football been very very good to me

Here's a quote from Woodson from the above article, on Brent apparently making it known lately that he wants to "reach out" to Rodgers: "“I know he’s had numerous opportunities to reach out. Why now? I don’t know."

Yeah....why now, Brent? Let it die, dude. Or start making noises about wanting to contact Rodgers in the spring, when the players get locked out and we've got nothing to talk about. Or better yet, just contact Rodgers and don't make noises about doing so in the media.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Its sad what has become of him. I hope he turns it around some how. I love Rodgers but I didn't forget Brett and all those years of watching him.
    Draft Brandin Cooks WR OSU!