Page 403 of 563 FirstFirst ... 303 353 393 401 402 403 404 405 413 453 503 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,060 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Maybe he could pass a little note to his friend Donald who could pass it on to one of Mike's friends, who could then give the note to Mike. The note would have this: "Do you like me? ___Yes ___No ___Maybe."
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Say, how come Favre didn't sign with the Packers so he could then retire a Packer? Guys do that stuff all the time!
    Yup. The fact that he didn't do it, didn't think of it, whatever, demonstrates his lack of concern/desire for a lasting association with the Green Bay Packers. Many, many former Packers have done it, even some who played for long periods after leaving GB. It seems like every off season you hear of another doing it. Apparently, it didn't mean enough to Favre for him to do it.

Supposedly he has filed his retirement papers, so he will be forever listed under "Minnesota Vikings" on the lists of retired players. A small thing, but another revealing tidbit into the man.

If Favre had done that, I wonder how many here would be saying Favre is trying to associate himself with the Packers because they won the Super Bowl. Let's face it, due to the negative atmosphere (mostly his doing), he'll draw criticism whether he tries to mend fences with the Packers or distances himself from the Packers. I think maintaining a low profile for a while, which he seems to be doing, is the best move.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    If Favre had done that, I wonder how many here would be saying Favre is trying to associate himself with the Packers because they won the Super Bowl. Let's face it, due to the negative atmosphere (mostly his doing), he'll draw criticism whether he tries to mend fences with the Packers or distances himself from the Packers. I think maintaining a low profile for a while, which he seems to be doing, is the best move.
    The NFL confirmed on Jan 17 that Favre had already filed his retirement papers This was before the Packers even won the Conference Championship. Since the 17th was on a Monday, I suspect he had filed them at least the week before, even before the Packers beat Atlanta. In all likelihood, he filed them right after his retirement announcement following the Vikings last game.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    Woodson: Favre had lots of opportunities to reach out to Rodgers

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 18, 2011, 5:04 PM EST
    The reports this week that Brett Favre wants to bury the hatchet with Aaron Rodgers has one player who’s been teammates with both of them wondering what took Favre so long.
    Charles Woodson said today on ESPN’s Jim Rome Is Burning that if Favre wants to reach out, that’s fine. But Rodgers should get to savor his status as the reigning Super Bowl Most Valuable Player without any Favre-related distractions.
    “This deal with Brett, I’m not sure what that’s all about,” Woodson said. “I know he’s had numerous opportunities to reach out. Why now? I don’t know. But for A-Rod, he doesn’t have to do anything. He’s a champion, he needs to enjoy this moment and not even worry about all that.”
    One Packers player told Mike Freeman of CBS that he thinks the bitterness between Rodgers and Favre runs deep enough that if Favre did call, Rodgers might not answer. Woodson said he thinks Rodgers would talk to Favre, although he’s not sure it would be the friendliest of conversations.
    “I don’t know the extent of what their relationship was,” Woodson said. “If Brett called him, he’d probably take the call. What’s said? I don’t know.”
    None of us knows what would be said between Favre and Rodgers at this point. But we’d all like to hear it.
    Take a look at the photo here. Does this look like 2 guys who can't stand each other? Good lord, somebody is trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill here. I doubt there are any hatchets that need burying. They aren't exactly busom buddies but if the day comes and Favre returns to Lambeau for Alumni Day and Rodgers is still playing I can't imagin they'll not greet each other cordially.

Blog Entries
    Guess the interpretation of that pic is in the eye of the beholder. I was gonna comment on the expression on Rodger's face in that photo. He's got the old "I'd rather be anywhere on earth besides right here" look on his face.

Brently and ARod worked together for 3 years.

I imagine they got along, but Rodgers saying that Young was his mentor during the "transition" is telling. Young and Montana hated each others guts. Young probably had advice for Aaron on how to be the successor when you are the junior partner. You know, what to say, what not to say stuff.

I'm glad to see the whole thing is now moving into everybodies rear view mirror. BLF will marvel at how fast he will fade from view, now that he's an ex-player.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Yup. The fact that he didn't do it, didn't think of it, whatever, demonstrates his lack of concern/desire for a lasting association with the Green Bay Packers. Many, many former Packers have done it, even some who played for long periods after leaving GB. It seems like every off season you hear of another doing it. Apparently, it didn't mean enough to Favre for him to do it.

Supposedly he has filed his retirement papers, so he will be forever listed under "Minnesota Vikings" on the lists of retired players. A small thing, but another revealing tidbit into the man.
    Nonsense! All he has to do is un-retire from the Vikings, sign with the Packers, and then retire from the Packers. He's sorta done it before, same teams involved, just the sequence will be a little different. What's so difficult about that?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Maybe he could pass a little note to his friend Donald who could pass it on to one of Mike's friends, who could then give the note to Mike. The note would have this: "Do you like me? ___Yes ___No ___Maybe."

I'm telling Mr. Swede! OOOOoooooo - you're in trouble NOW!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I'm telling Mr. Swede! OOOOoooooo - you're in trouble NOW!
    Passing notes requires a nuanced response.

Sister NUance!
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Nonsense! All he has to do is un-retire from the Vikings, sign with the Packers, and then retire from the Packers. He's sorta done it before, same teams involved, just the sequence will be a little different. What's so difficult about that?
    He would need to write the Commish and request reinstatement. He can't do it on his own. It took him two months to do that when he DID want to play in 2008. Now that he doesn't want to play, I suspect it could take YEARS.

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    I don't remember him ever officially filling out the paper work in the past. even in 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Feud...uhh?! Nope. A man like Scott can handle those posts. There all 'tongue in cheek' Kiwon. Meant to be harmless. (-:

I'm happy enough knowing that I've been completely vindicated because you were wrong and I was right about all of this. Told you so.

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    I'm happy enough knowing that I've been completely vindicated because you were wrong and I was right about all of this. Told you so.

stay classy San Diego

Quote Originally Posted by Little Whiskey View Post
    I don't remember him ever officially filling out the paper work in the past. even in 2008.
    It was a little different in 2008, because the Packers moved him to the retired list to get him off the Packers roster and salary cap. To get reinstated to the active roster, he had to file a request with the Commissioner, just like now. He kept asking to be released, and TT kept saying he could do nothing until Favre was back on the active roster, which required Favre to go through the Commish. It was up to Favre to get the ball going, so to speak. That went on all summer until just before Favre flew to GB. The Commish actually sat on Favre's request for a couple days to give the Packers and Favre time to talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    It was a little different in 2008, because the Packers moved him to the retired list to get him off the Packers roster and salary cap. To get reinstated to the active roster, he had to file a request with the Commissioner, just like now. He kept asking to be released, and TT kept saying he could do nothing until Favre was back on the active roster, which required Favre to go through the Commish. It was up to Favre to get the ball going, so to speak. That went on all summer until just before Favre flew to GB. The Commish actually sat on Favre's request for a couple days to give the Packers and Favre time to talk.
    I believe he filed the paperwork in 2008 as well. In 2008, it took him weeks (if not months) to do it. This year, as you previously stated, he did it right away.

And while he was on the reserve/retired list and not counting toward the cap, Thompson kept that cap room all summer long, in case he needed it. Which he did, for a few days.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Whiskey View Post
    stay classy San Diego

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I assumed that Joe was being a smart aleck in suggesting that Brent un-retire....again. Imagine the maelstrom that would cause! "Favre Unretires for Umpteenth Time!"
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by MOBB DEEP View Post
    TED THOMPSON HAS WRECKED GB FOR AT LEAST 3 YEARS IMHO...
    The early pages of this thread are pretty entertaining.

Cool

The early pages of this thread are pretty entertaining.
    Mobb just about perfect in his assumption. 2008,2009, 2010...all crap boom!--2011 super bowl!!!!