Page 404 of 563 FirstFirst ... 304 354 394 402 403 404 405 406 414 454 504 ... LastLast
Results 8,061 to 8,080 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by LEWCWA View Post
    Mobb just about perfect in his assumption. 2008,2009, 2010...all crap boom!--2011 super bowl!!!!
    Well, that comment was posted on 08-18-2008. Which would mean 8/2008-8/2009 is one year (6-10), 8/2009-8/2010 is another year (11-5, wild card loss), and 8/2010-8/2011 is another year (10-6, super bowl win).

The first year wasn't so good, the second year was okay, and I'm pretty sure we'll all take the third year.
    </delurk>

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Say, how come Favre didn't sign with the Packers so he could then retire a Packer? Guys do that stuff all the time!
    I just don't see Favre trying any real reconciliation until after MM and TT are no longer employed at 1265.

Quote Originally Posted by LEWCWA View Post
    Mobb just about perfect in his assumption. 2008,2009, 2010...all crap boom!--2011 super bowl!!!!
    Mobb said at least 3 years. Less than 3 years later, Packers won the Super Bowl. Not sure I understand your logic.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

When Favre left the Packers the media referred to the split as that similar to a messy divorce. I believed it then, but as time has gone by the similarities are unreal.

There are some that are really OK with the split. They are secure with who they are (what they have in a QB) and just let the past die.

There are some that are unhappy with the split and the way things went down but are fine just talking facts and not letting emotions get in the way.

Then there are those that are downright bitter about the split. It's all the "ex's" fault and "they" did NOTHING wrong. They are quiet and out of site when the "ex" seems to be doing well, but holy bejesus when the "ex" messes up in any way shape or form, they are the first to jump on and give them hell. They tend to brag about how much better they are without the "ex" and they make a fool of themselves trying to make the "ex" look bad. Sometimes they even try to re-write history to prove their point.

For those in the last category, let it go! He is a BIG part of Packer history and as a Packer fan you should be proud of that history....ALL of it. Just like the divorce....you may not be happy with the ending, but surely at some point there was something there that drew you to that person and for some moment in time they made you happy. Don't let the bitterness overshadow the happy times!

Senior Rat Veteran TravisWilliams23's Avatar
    Once upon a time, a girl named Bretney was married to a guy named Packard. The couple was very much in love at first. They always wanted to take a dream vacation to a Super destination. In their 5th year of marriage, they managed to reach their ultimate goal. They told each other they would make the trip every year if possible. The years went by but something always came up to prevent that ultimate happiness they both accomplished that one magical year.

During those many years of bliss, Packard knew a man he despised, Vick. Now Vick was a low-life SOB who was and is a total loser. And during most of the marriage, Bretney disliked Vick just as much as Packard did. But after 14 or so years of marriage, Vick started looking pretty good to Bretney. She saw Vick had a stallion that could run wild and dreamed of riding that stallion to the Super destination but she just couldn’t break Packard’s heart by leaving him and marrying Vick. Just yet.

So Bretney called it quits on her marriage to Packard and ended up dating Joe the Jet. Packard knew she secretly desired Vick but was OK with her dating Joe. Bretney had a few early moments with Joe but she couldn’t keep her mind off of Vick. So she also called it quits with Joe after just 1 year.

During the last few years Vicks buddies, Darrell, Ryan and Brad kept calling Bretney to let her know Vick had the hots for her. Shortly after her breakup with Joe, she and Vick hooked up. Bretney wanted to show Packard he had made a terrible mistake by letting her leave. Anytime she would run into Packard, she delighted in rubbing his nose in her success with Vick. Certainly she would ride that stallion to the Super destination. But alas, it was not to be. Bretney ended up becoming a broken down old bitter hag. She even wished ill towards Packard and his new girl Erin by hoping they’d be eaten by a Bear!

Well, Packard and Erin got to their own Super destination after just 4 years of saving and wise decision making.
    Bretney now has some very difficult choices to make. Does she call Packard and congratulate him on his trip to the Super place and ask to make amends for her past behavior or does she just sulk and miss out on watching Packard’s new family’s success? She has his phone number and the choice is hers.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007 View Post
    When Favre left the Packers the media referred to the split as that similar to a messy divorce. I believed it then, but as time has gone by the similarities are unreal.

There are some that are really OK with the split. They are secure with who they are (what they have in a QB) and just let the past die.

There are some that are unhappy with the split and the way things went down but are fine just talking facts and not letting emotions get in the way.

Then there are those that are downright bitter about the split. It's all the "ex's" fault and "they" did NOTHING wrong. They are quiet and out of site when the "ex" seems to be doing well, but holy bejesus when the "ex" messes up in any way shape or form, they are the first to jump on and give them hell. They tend to brag about how much better they are without the "ex" and they make a fool of themselves trying to make the "ex" look bad. Sometimes they even try to re-write history to prove their point.

For those in the last category, let it go! He is a BIG part of Packer history and as a Packer fan you should be proud of that history....ALL of it. Just like the divorce....you may not be happy with the ending, but surely at some point there was something there that drew you to that person and for some moment in time they made you happy. Don't let the bitterness overshadow the happy times!
    I want my records back!

Some people never get over their divorce!

NSFW
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by TravisWilliams23 View Post
    Once upon a time, a girl named Bretney was married to a guy named Packard. The couple was very much in love at first. They always wanted to take a dream vacation to a Super destination. In their 5th year of marriage, they managed to reach their ultimate goal. They told each other they would make the trip every year if possible. The years went by but something always came up to prevent that ultimate happiness they both accomplished that one magical year.

During those many years of bliss, Packard knew a man he despised, Vick. Now Vick was a low-life SOB who was and is a total loser. And during most of the marriage, Bretney disliked Vick just as much as Packard did. But after 14 or so years of marriage, Vick started looking pretty good to Bretney. She saw Vick had a stallion that could run wild and dreamed of riding that stallion to the Super destination but she just couldn’t break Packard’s heart by leaving him and marrying Vick. Just yet.

So Bretney called it quits on her marriage to Packard and ended up dating Joe the Jet. Packard knew she secretly desired Vick but was OK with her dating Joe. Bretney had a few early moments with Joe but she couldn’t keep her mind off of Vick. So she also called it quits with Joe after just 1 year.

During the last few years Vicks buddies, Darrell, Ryan and Brad kept calling Bretney to let her know Vick had the hots for her. Shortly after her breakup with Joe, she and Vick hooked up. Bretney wanted to show Packard he had made a terrible mistake by letting her leave. Anytime she would run into Packard, she delighted in rubbing his nose in her success with Vick. Certainly she would ride that stallion to the Super destination. But alas, it was not to be. Bretney ended up becoming a broken down old bitter hag. She even wished ill towards Packard and his new girl Erin by hoping they’d be eaten by a Bear!

Well, Packard and Erin got to their own Super destination after just 4 years of saving and wise decision making.
    Bretney now has some very difficult choices to make. Does she call Packard and congratulate him on his trip to the Super place and ask to make amends for her past behavior or does she just sulk and miss out on watching Packard’s new family’s success? She has his phone number and the choice is hers.
    This is great! Can I share it with others?

My take on Brett without an apology

Great QB who played his way, was fun to watch and had a lot of success on the field. I don't think he's as important as many people credited to him so I do still discuss that. It's really not even a knock on him, but rather people giving him credit that was impossible for a person to live up to. Top 3 all time packer QB. But, he became such a harmful, destructive, nasty A-wipe late in his career and did so many shitty things, I don't care to ever see him in Lambeau again, for any reason.

My take on Brett with an apology for what happened

Same as the last except I'll be happy to cheer for him if he comes back and I'll forget about all the drama. He's human just like us. But human beings should feel bad when they screw up and they should apologize. He does this and it doesn't make him a better QB in my eyes, but I do think he was great and I'll be able to appreciate it way more.

Back to the messy Divorce analogy, I don't know if it's that bad. It's more like being associated with a person who you found out was selfish and nasty and now don't want much to do with them. Sadly, right now, pre-apology, that's a big part of his legacy. I know some would like that to go away, but only Favre can make that happen and only if he's man enough. Picturing him on Greta Van Sustren, I odn't know if he is.
    Last edited by RashanGary; 02-22-2011 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker64 View Post
    Well, that comment was posted on 08-18-2008. Which would mean 8/2008-8/2009 is one year (6-10), 8/2009-8/2010 is another year (11-5, wild card loss), and 8/2010-8/2011 is another year (10-6, super bowl win).

The first year wasn't so good, the second year was okay, and I'm pretty sure we'll all take the third year.
    It was a joke!

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Mobb said at least 3 years. Less than 3 years later, Packers won the Super Bowl. Not sure I understand your logic.
    It was a joke!

Sure, I remember the good times, early on. But that was before he gained all that weight and started staying in the basement with his buddies, drinking beer, never showering. And then he'd just lay there at night, not even touching me. And that's why it bothered me so when I'd catch him looking at others. I could see the lust in his eyes, but when I offered myself to him, he said he wasn't sure he wanted me any more. It was so humiliating! And then he said he was leaving. And I was glad. But scared, too. And after that, when he said he wasn't sure he wanted to leave, I had such...such....mixed feelings. But I told him he had to make up his mind. And he seemed insulted by that. I became so confused.

But yes, I remember the good times. The way he'd lift up his leg and fart, then laugh - oh, his eyes! And the passes he'd make. So thrilling. He was so child-like in his love.

Yes, I remember those days. Sigh.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    My take on Brett without an apology

Great QB who played his way, was fun to watch and had a lot of success on the field. I don't think he's as important as many people credited to him so I do still discuss that. It's really not even a knock on him, but rather people giving him credit that was impossible for a person to live up to. Top 3 all time packer QB. But, he became such a harmful, destructive, nasty A-wipe late in his career and did so many shitty things, I don't care to ever see him in Lambeau again, for any reason.

My take on Brett with an apology for what happened

Same as the last except I'll be happy to cheer for him if he comes back and I'll forget about all the drama. He's human just like us. But human beings should feel bad when they screw up and they should apologize. He does this and it doesn't make him a better QB in my eyes, but I do think he was great and I'll be able to appreciate it way more.

Back to the messy Divorce analogy, I don't know if it's that bad. It's more like being associated with a person who you found out was selfish and nasty and now don't want much to do with them. Sadly, right now, pre-apology, that's a big part of his legacy. I know some would like that to go away, but only Favre can make that happen and only if he's man enough. Picturing him on Greta Van Sustren, I odn't know if he is.

His legacy is just fine, even if you count all the stuff.

What Favre will be remembered for:

- Toughest QB to ever play the game. The start streak is incredible, especially considering the injuries he played through and how he seemed to perform better when he was hurt.
    - Greatest statistical QB of all time. Takes over that legacy from Marino, who become the greatest statistical QB to never win a ring now.
    - Will always be remembered for the Will He Wont He, and how he almost ended his career on top. Almost.
    - The one player you always knew loved this game on the field. His child like enthusiam in every big moment, after every TD, it's not something we are accustomed to from any other player.

In GB we may remember him for some other things, but I think Nation wide above sums it up. Tough as hell, amazing stats and longevity, will he wont he, love of the game.

Oh, and of course "risk taker".

Favre had a great legacy, and now it's crap. Even today he's still the butt of all the late night jokes.

Over time people may mellow and forget what a douchebag he is. But that assumes that he stops being a douchebag at some point.

Ted sure emerged from this smelling like a rose.

Senior Rat Veteran TravisWilliams23's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    This is great! Can I share it with others?
    "legend write their own stories, my Brett our Favre."
    Sure Pugger, have fun with it.

I am right, you are wrong.
    No, I am right, YOU are wrong.

I am a cold eyed observer of fact. You are a hater.
    I am a student of history, you are an emotional and needy fan-person.

We are both a little right, but your emotional outbursts betray your flaws.
    We are both a little right, but secretly, I think you are full of baloney.

Admit it, you still love him.
    Admit it, you've fallen for the new guy.

I may have said some things out of haste, but your statements were indications of a blight on your soul.
    I may have predicted some things that didn't happen, but you are even more clueless.

Its clear this thread has come to the end of its useful life. When will you stop posting?
    Its clear this thread has come to the end of its useful life. I will stop posting after one more passive aggressive swipe at my target and his supporters.

Why are you so immature and bitter? Cannot you accept your happy fate?
    Why are you so immature and bitter? Cannot you admit you were wrong?

When are you going to grow up?
    When are YOU going to grow up?

I will do so only after you modify your behavior in accordance with my judgment.
    I will do so only after you modify your behavior to align better with my expectations.

One side of the coin
    The other side of the coin.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Brett was going to be remembered as a good, honest, genuine guy who was great at football. Now he'll be remembered as a wife cheating, dishonest, phony and a dirty creeper who was great at football.

The football stays the same. Believe it or not, there is more to the people we cheer for than what they do on the field. Brett will be remembered as much for what he did off of it. Jen Sterger, the massage therapists, dragging his team through bizarre, dishonest BS to get what he wanted only to get what he didn't want, and his old team winning the SB as soon as he left town.

If you believe in justice, he's being remembered for who he is. If you believe in Favre, he should be remembered for what he wants you to remember him for. Do we stand by our virtues or our idol? where does our allegiance lie? That's the question.
    Last edited by RashanGary; 02-22-2011 at 01:36 PM.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I am right, you are wrong.
    No, I am right, YOU are wrong.

I am a cold eyed observer of fact. You are a hater.
    I am a student of history, you are an emotional and needy fan-person.

We are both a little right, but your emotional outbursts betray your flaws.
    We are both a little right, but secretly, I think you are full of baloney.

Admit it, you still love him.
    Admit it, you've fallen for the new guy.

I may have said some things out of haste, but your statements were indications of a blight on your soul.
    I may have predicted some things that didn't happen, but you are even more clueless.

Its clear this thread has come to the end of its useful life. When will you stop posting?
    Its clear this thread has come to the end of its useful life. I will stop posting after one more passive aggressive swipe at my target and his supporters.

Why are you so immature and bitter? Cannot you accept your happy fate?
    Why are you so immature and bitter? Cannot you admit you were wrong?

When are you going to grow up?
    When are YOU going to grow up?

I will do so only after you modify your behavior in accordance with my judgment.
    I will do so only after you modify your behavior to align better with my expectations.

One side of the coin
    The other side of the coin.

This is a great post. No, no wait, it is an awful post!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Low Profile Rat Starter
    Berts career ended with the Green Bay Packers winning the Super Bowl!

That's just how he wanted it, right?

Quote Originally Posted by LP View Post
    Berts career ended with the Green Bay Packers winning the Super Bowl!

That's just how he wanted it, right?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...