Page 405 of 563 FirstFirst ... 305 355 395 403 404 405 406 407 415 455 505 ... LastLast
Results 8,081 to 8,100 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by LP View Post
    Berts career ended with the Green Bay Packers winning the Super Bowl!

That's just how he wanted it, right?
    True and you can ask anyone in this thread, the Packers wouldn't have even been in the playoffs if not for Favre, so surely we can't blame him for anything. Brett carried the franchise out of a 15 year slump. What a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Brett was going to be remembered as a good, honest, genuine guy who was great at football.
    ^^^^^THAT ended for many of you when he joined another team. Jen Sterger deal was just icing on the cake...a gift with perfect timing. If Favre was still a Packer and playing great football this board would have been full of posts about what a whore and gold digger she is. Sorry but I don't doubt that one bit.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007 View Post
    ^^^^^THAT ended for many of you when he joined another team. Jen Sterger deal was just icing on the cake...a gift with perfect timing. If Favre was still a Packer and playing great football this board would have been full of posts about what a whore and gold digger she is. Sorry but I don't doubt that one bit.
    I disagree. Favre was always chasing women, he just didn't make it so public or let it get out like he did with Jenn Sterger. With the internet nowadays, Favre should have known better than to send dick pix and booty call phone messages to another phone where he then has no control over where they go. Now, if he was still a Packer would we ignore it? Possibly.

When Favre left the Packers the media referred to the split as that similar to a messy divorce. I believed it then, but as time has gone by the similarities are unreal.

There are some that are really OK with the split. They are secure with who they are (what they have in a QB) and just let the past die.

There are some that are unhappy with the split and the way things went down but are fine just talking facts and not letting emotions get in the way.

Then there are those that are downright bitter about the split. It's all the "ex's" fault and "they" did NOTHING wrong. They are quiet and out of site when the "ex" seems to be doing well, but holy bejesus when the "ex" messes up in any way shape or form, they are the first to jump on and give them hell. They tend to brag about how much better they are without the "ex" and they make a fool of themselves trying to make the "ex" look bad. Sometimes they even try to re-write history to prove their point.

For those in the last category, let it go! He is a BIG part of Packer history and as a Packer fan you should be proud of that history....ALL of it. Just like the divorce....you may not be happy with the ending, but surely at some point there was something there that drew you to that person and for some moment in time they made you happy. Don't let the bitterness overshadow the happy times!
    I know you are a whole lot smarter than this. Wasn't the same exact thing true for the Favre supporters? Constantly putting down TT and saying what a mistake he made, pointing out how Rodgers would never be as good as Favre. There were a group of posters here who spent 95% of their time discussing Favre and only 5% the Packers.
    Go PACK

Rodgers is good. Thanks for the championship team THANKSTED! You made the right move--despite being mocked and ridiculed for three years running. Game over. We win. Bert loses.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus

I think there would have been some who would have defended him, but I suspect the negatives would have even been worse for him. Favre and the media set him up as a reformed womanizer, survivor of drug and alcohol addiction. I think he would have gotten the Mark Chmura treatment. Rather than being a source of mocking derision as the corrupted traitor, he would have been seen as the fallen hero, being deeply embarrassing to the state of WI. Minnesota can shrug him off as a creepy carpetbagger, but he would have been a humiliation to WI. His admittedly vengeful, spiteful attempt to stick it to Thompson, McCarthy and all Packer fans actually helped the state of WI, because we were able to disown him before his shameful behaviour re-emerged. Otherwise it would be the Packers and WI that would have had to bear the brunt of his unsavory escapades. THANKSFAVRE.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I had no problem with BF going to the Jets. Once he went to MINN the whole ball of wax changed.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I had no problem with BF going to the Jets. Once he went to MINN the whole ball of wax changed.
    I felt the same way. I even rooted for the jets that year. the minny move was completely different.

I wasn't as committed to Favre as many. During the 2007 season, after he went ape shit in teh Dallas game, I said there is no way this guy wins a championship. He tries to be the center of attention in big games and flops. But then again, I was a fan of him for a long time too, had a senior picture taken with a Favre jersey . That game Aaron came in cool as a cucumber and that's when I said I think we'll be OK without him. Up until that point almost everyone 'cept a few wise souls (shadow, patler, b_bulldog to name a couple) thought Favre was the savior of GB and without him we couldn't win.

Even then there were factions of us who bitched and complained about his non commitment to the team. We cited stories of Montana showing up for everything until his last year in the league. We talked about how Favre seemed to believe he was above the team.

There was already Favre tension, even before the split. The difference was that the Favre loyalists had the backing of the majority and the few of us who spoke out were out numbered badly.

3 years later, history has shown us (ted mostly, shadow, patler and b_bulldog partly, and lastly guys like me who spray opinions around and some paint hits the wall) to be correct. Favre was a me first guy playing a team game. He wasn't the great, honest, faithful guy who overcame some battles in his youth. He's a guy who'll lie and manipulate to get anything he wants including a new girlfriend on the side if his marriage isn't up to his standards, or a new team if he doesn't like the one he's on. He thought he could tell Thompson what to do and he found out Ted tells him what to do. Ted put him squarely in his place on Family night when he turned Favre away at the lockerroom door after 4 months of Brett's childish games. Its' not because Ted wants to show Brett who's smarter, better or more important. It's because Brett was a whiny bratt who stepped out of line and Ted had no choice but to keep things giong in the right direction, a direction that because of Favre didn't include Favre.

To summarize in one word:

THANKSTED
    Last edited by RashanGary; 02-23-2011 at 09:05 AM.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    He never would have been with Jen as she was the sideline reporter with the Jets, therefore Favre would have had no reason to sext her.

I ain't saying she's a gold digger...
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

..........because people here were so quick to blame Ahman Green's wife for needing a good beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Whiskey View Post
    I felt the same way. I even rooted for the jets that year. the minny move was completely different.
    Just thought of that... I rooted for them too. And wanted Brett to play well.

The whole stick-it-to-Ted thing is what put it over the top for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    There were a group of posters here who spent 95% of their time discussing Favre and only 5% the Packers.
    God I hated that time here. Was looking back and reading some of my posts and I'm not sure I could have been any more of an asshole. Glad things have calmed down.

Quote Originally Posted by mission View Post
    God I hated that time here. Was looking back and reading some of my posts and I'm not sure I could have been any more of an asshole. Glad things have calmed down.

I think you may find my posts to be of some comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    I think you may find my posts to be of some comfort.
    I think your posts only served as motivation. You've always set the bar around here.

Quote Originally Posted by mission View Post
    I think your posts only served as motivation. You've always set the bar around here.
    I think we need to have a PackerRats.com Asshole-Off. Biggest asshole wins. And no, Brent can't win, unless he's secretly a forum member.

Brewmeister Rat Starter Travbrew's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by get louder at lambeau View Post
    I think we need to have a PackerRats.com Asshole-Off. Biggest asshole wins. And no, Brent can't win, unless he's secretly a forum member.
    I think he was. Tank/APB?
    Semper Fi
    "Hhhmmm, beer..my only vice."

Tank. Jaysus.

THANKSTED!

I think Ted helped Tank go into permanent hibernation.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Tank. Jaysus.

THANKSTED!

I think Ted helped Tank go into permanent hibernation.
    I think Tank and APB probably committed suicide after the Packers won the Super Bowl. They had so much invested in TT failing that the SB had to completely unhinge them (as if they needed more of a push).
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Brett was going to be remembered as a good, honest, genuine guy who was great at football. Now he'll be remembered as a wife cheating, dishonest, phony and a dirty creeper who was great at football.

The football stays the same. Believe it or not, there is more to the people we cheer for than what they do on the field. Brett will be remembered as much for what he did off of it. Jen Sterger, the massage therapists, dragging his team through bizarre, dishonest BS to get what he wanted only to get what he didn't want, and his old team winning the SB as soon as he left town.

If you believe in justice, he's being remembered for who he is. If you believe in Favre, he should be remembered for what he wants you to remember him for. Do we stand by our virtues or our idol? where does our allegiance lie? That's the question.
    My allegiance has always been with the Green Bay Packers. No one player/person is above the franchise. Even Curly Lambeau found that out all those years ago.

Packer fans won't forget all Favre did on the football field. His play - and others like Wolf, Reggie, Holmgren and Harlan - helped bring us out of the Dark Ages (1969-1989). But a lot of us won't forget how he wormed his way out of town in 2008 while throwing the franchise that made him a household name and multi-millionaire under the bus and soiled his legacy by sending creepy pix and messages to women young enough to be his daughters!