Page 422 of 563 FirstFirst ... 322 372 412 420 421 422 423 424 432 472 522 ... LastLast
Results 8,421 to 8,440 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    She can't even get a job? Oh, come on. Looks and celebrity will get you a job somewhere. Maybe on The Apprentice. Or at Hooters.
    Do boob jobs count as jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarlam! View Post
    Bert's legacy is damaged beyond repair, but he has trillions of dollars to help him get over it. Sterger can't even get a job these days and from the interview, she didn't even want this crap to come out in the fist place. She never intended on sueing. She just wants it all to go away.

Nice going Bert, you destroyed a life and caused your family, friends and fans immense pain and shame. Disgusting.
    True. She didn't leak it. How many of you would hire her for a public position knowing the fuss that's been swirling around her? People are assuming she started this and if they hire her, she will bring trouble along with the big boobs.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

I don't know why she wouldn't be hired.....she kept a low profile during the whole fiasco IIRC....if she is good at what she does she'll get a job.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    I don't know why she wouldn't be hired.....she kept a low profile during the whole fiasco IIRC....if she is good at what she does she'll get a job.
    So you'd be OK with the Packers hiring her for a position similar to the one she had for the Jets?

Quote Originally Posted by get louder at lambeau View Post
    So you'd be OK with the Packers hiring her for a position similar to the one she had for the Jets?
    Uhmm.....what does she do exactly..? Was she kind of a media/promotion person or a masseuse? Sure...why not hire her. She could organize the Favre retirement ceremony.
    C.H.U.D.

Bottom line SHE was the one that was harassed.....I don't see why any professional organization wouldn't hire her if she was qualified.
    C.H.U.D.

Bottom line SHE was the one that was harassed.....I don't see why any professional organization wouldn't hire her if she was qualified.
    That's actually kinda the whole point. There isn't a reason why any professional organization shouldn't hire her. But it appears they see the young women that they do tend to hire as gold diggers or after money or trying to get at the players when that isn't necessarily the case, maybe with some, but certainly not all and they don't merit the generalization. I mean look at the reaction here when something goes awry between a woman and a football player. Vick's dogs got more respect.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy View Post
    She will bring trouble along with the big boobs.
    You should make that into a bumper sticker.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

The German's have a saying "People love betrayal, but they hate the traitor". Forgetting for a second how fans of the NFC North division feel about Bert, he is/was an American icon and Sterger was viewed by many as a traitor. That makes her a business risk in many jobs.

And let's look at her qualifications. Both of them. It's no secret she got her big break wearing a tight-fitting t-shirt at a college football game. It's not much, but it was enough for her to gain employment in her chosen industry, at least until this story broke. Did she make mistakes? Who wouldn't in her situation?? Indeed, if she'd have come to me for advice, I wouldn't have had a clue what to tell her. I mean, we're talking about Bert!

I hope she can jump start her career, but she's damaged goods. Thanks Bert. Disgusting.

That's actually kinda the whole point. There isn't a reason why any professional organization shouldn't hire her. But it appears they see the young women that they do tend to hire as gold diggers or after money or trying to get at the players when that isn't necessarily the case, maybe with some, but certainly not all and they don't merit the generalization. I mean look at the reaction here when something goes awry between a woman and a football player. Vick's dogs got more respect.
    No kidding...

The German's have a saying "People love betrayal, but they hate the traitor". Forgetting for a second how fans of the NFC North division feel about Bert, he is/was an American icon and Sterger was viewed by many as a traitor. That makes her a business risk in many jobs.

And let's look at her qualifications. Both of them. It's no secret she got her big break wearing a tight-fitting t-shirt at a college football game. It's not much, but it was enough for her to gain employment in her chosen industry, at least until this story broke. Did she make mistakes? Who wouldn't in her situation?? Indeed, if she'd have come to me for advice, I wouldn't have had a clue what to tell her. I mean, we're talking about Bert!

I hope she can jump start her career, but she's damaged goods. Thanks Bert. Disgusting.
    What mistakes did she make, besides showing someone the disgusting stuff Farp sent her?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    What mistakes did she make, besides showing someone the disgusting stuff Farp sent her?
    Ok, I guess I'm stupid enough to "wade into the deep end of the pool". Hopefully I can do it without sounding like I'm bashing her, which I'm not, but bashing some of the decisions she made through this which I am critical of.

The comments above seem to indicate that, without a doubt, she was harassed. The comments I listened to would indicate that TO ME, as well. From my vantage point, that's pretty clear. However, based on the way she acted after the fact, I'm not so sure that they initially indicated harassment TO HER. If they had, I believe she'd have taken a different path, other than, laughing about it with her friends and saving the photos, texts and vm's. I don't think that one can come back later and claim harassment, especially after using the photos to privately make fun of the "creepy perv". Making fun of harassment shouldn't be tolerated by anyone, it's impact devalues the damage that is done in cases of "true" harassment. I don't personally believe that any woman who was actually harassed would make jokes about it to their friends, nor show photos and texts related to it. The fact this happened indicates to me that she did not treat these events as harassment, even though by commonly accepted standards they probably were.

The "rap" shes getting in the business world, IF, there is one (I'm not convinced), comes from her actions after the fact, or better stated, the actions that her attorney's took on her behalf. SHE hired the attorney's, SHE had the right to give work direction, OR, stop work direction that she didn't agree with. If she didn't do that, that's on her! Ultimately, they were her attorney's and they worked for her, not the other way around.

Also, I find the "non answer" regarding her text messages and voicemails to be a cop out. Let me get this straight, you can remember everything that happened, three years later, EXCEPT what you said? Really? Bullshit. What is there that you don't want the court of public opinion to know?

Personally, I don't believe that she's being discriminated against. I think most high profile employers have realized that, while she is a "name" commodity, she has precious little experience to do what she wants to do, and they've decided to hire elsewhere. Plenty of places that she can work, but, they probably don't pay enough and don't give the level of "exposure" she wants. That's not discrimination, that is mis-placed expectations.

When her expectations get in line with her qualifications, she'll work - just like the rest of us.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retailguy View Post
    Personally, I don't believe that she's being discriminated against. I think most high profile employers have realized that, while she is a "name" commodity, she has precious little experience to do what she wants to do, and they've decided to hire elsewhere. Plenty of places that she can work, but, they probably don't pay enough and don't give the level of "exposure" she wants. That's not discrimination, that is mis-placed expectations.

When her expectations get in line with her qualifications, she'll work - just like the rest of us.
    Exactly. Bolded the best line about her that I've read. As others have said, what other qualifications does she have other than her looks? From what I've read of hers and seen of her shows on TV, she really isn't all that talented when it comes to sports reporting, interviewing or well.. anything with that.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Exactly. Bolded the best line about her that I've read. As others have said, what other qualifications does she have other than her looks? From what I've read of hers and seen of her shows on TV, she really isn't all that talented when it comes to sports reporting, interviewing or well.. anything with that.
    Those were her qualifications to begin with and, clearly they sufficed for her to actually find work in her chosen field. Clearly, the publicity has impacted the perceptions of potential employers. Despite the mistakes in sharing the images, she is a victim. Her demise professionally is a direct result of Bert Farp's douchedness.

Those were her qualifications to begin with and, clearly they sufficed for her to actually find work in her chosen field. Clearly, the publicity has impacted the perceptions of potential employers. Despite the mistakes in sharing the images, she is a victim. Her demise professionally is a direct result of Bert Farp's douchedness.
    Maybe...but how much of a shelf life did she have anyways? Her 'type' of flame is fleeting, and you could argue that the episode lengthened her 15 minutes. What I've seen of her interviewing and writing skills (http://jennifersterger.blogspot.com/) they're no great shakes. She wasn't going to unseat Bonnie Bernstein anytime soon,

Plus, she's now had her implants removed. So that's it for her.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Here's an article (well, barely. Closer to a blog post) that agrees a little more with you Tarlam. It does make a good point in the last line,
    she still wants to work in sports, and no matter what you believe about right and wrong here, there's no question that her ability to do that has been crippled.
    There's no doubt that all of this has caused her to lose some employment income. The question is, how much?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Ok, I guess I'm stupid enough to "wade into the deep end of the pool". Hopefully I can do it without sounding like I'm bashing her, which I'm not, but bashing some of the decisions she made through this which I am critical of.

The comments above seem to indicate that, without a doubt, she was harassed. The comments I listened to would indicate that TO ME, as well. From my vantage point, that's pretty clear. However, based on the way she acted after the fact, I'm not so sure that they initially indicated harassment TO HER. If they had, I believe she'd have taken a different path, other than, laughing about it with her friends and saving the photos, texts and vm's. I don't think that one can come back later and claim harassment, especially after using the photos to privately make fun of the "creepy perv". Making fun of harassment shouldn't be tolerated by anyone, it's impact devalues the damage that is done in cases of "true" harassment. I don't personally believe that any woman who was actually harassed would make jokes about it to their friends, nor show photos and texts related to it. The fact this happened indicates to me that she did not treat these events as harassment, even though by commonly accepted standards they probably were.

The "rap" shes getting in the business world, IF, there is one (I'm not convinced), comes from her actions after the fact, or better stated, the actions that her attorney's took on her behalf. SHE hired the attorney's, SHE had the right to give work direction, OR, stop work direction that she didn't agree with. If she didn't do that, that's on her! Ultimately, they were her attorney's and they worked for her, not the other way around.

Also, I find the "non answer" regarding her text messages and voicemails to be a cop out. Let me get this straight, you can remember everything that happened, three years later, EXCEPT what you said? Really? Bullshit. What is there that you don't want the court of public opinion to know?

The part you're forgetting is that Jenn Sterger never filed a harassment suit nor any other kind of suit. She laughed about the photos thinking that was the end of it. She's not the one who leaked them and iirc she asked that they not be released. The NFL brought about a harassment investigation because of public pressure for which she initially declined to be interviewed.

I think what she's looking for is work similar to what she had until this whole mess broke. Since she is experienced in that type of work, I don't think that's an example of mis-placed expectations. If I were to lose my job, would it be overly optimistic to think I could get another one doing the same thing? Where are all these places she can work?

The part you're forgetting is that Jenn Sterger never filed a harassment suit nor any other kind of suit. She laughed about the photos thinking that was the end of it. She's not the one who leaked them and iirc she asked that they not be released. The NFL brought about a harassment investigation because of public pressure for which she initially declined to be interviewed.

I think what she's looking for is work similar to what she had until this whole mess broke. Since she is experienced in that type of work, I don't think that's an example of mis-placed expectations. If I were to lose my job, would it be overly optimistic to think I could get another one doing the same thing? Where are all these places she can work?
    I'm not forgetting about anything. Did she not file the suit because she didn't want a suit, or, because her attorney's couldn't find a way around the statute of limitations? That part has never been very clear. One choice suggests she is wholesome and truthful, and one suggests she isn't. There are also other things that suggest she is not as she is advertising herself.

It seems pretty clear to me that she did not view her interactions with Favre as harassment, after all, what harassed woman would save the communications, and show them off as some kind of funny trophy? If she was as repulsed as she said she was, (which most of us would have been had it been us receiving his crap), then what is funny about that? I conclude it she either wasn't honest about "it not being funny", or she wasn't honest about "why she kept the stuff".

Also, it's never been conclusively known how this got into the media. She has claimed that she did not release it, nor that she wanted it released, however, with as much detail as they had, it either had to come from her, or someone very close to her. Doesn't it seem strange that link is unknown? Doesn't it also seem strange that she has never clarified that link?

Combining that with her inconclusive statements regarding the content of her messages to him, which is the only part of this that she "forgot", gives me great doubt regarding her motives.

But that doubt has nothing to do with the salient point, and that is her career path, or lack thereof. She tried really hard to become a famous celebrity, and almost made it. How many get a second chance? That's the most unforgiving career path one can take. Successes are few, second chances are almost non existent.

How many NFL teams are still hiring "sideline hostesses" in this economy? That seems to be what she has the most experience at, yet the Jets did not renew her contract - before all this became public. Why not? Do they still hire "sideline hostesses" with 30% of their staff on furloughs? Honestly, her reporting/broadcasting career was mediocre at best, and that's probably being generous. What "mediocre" workers are finding job opportunities right now? Are they being discriminated against also?

I stand by what I said earlier - she's being unrealistic with her expectations. When she fixes that, and realizes that she is likely not the 2nd coming of Liz Taylor, she'll go to work. Just like you and me.

I'm not a psychologist, but people often joke about things that bother them, it's often used as a defense mechanism. I think it's a bit naive to assume it did not bother her. I don't know her and how she handles things. Maybe it didn't bother her one bit, but its not difficult for me to believe that perhaps it did.

Either way, how she viewed it as is not the issue. The issue is how others viewed it and how it affects her now.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    Either way, how she viewed it as is not the issue. The issue is how others viewed it and how it affects her now.
    I disagree wholeheartedly with this. How you and I viewed it is not relevant. How she viewed it? Entirely relevant towards understanding her motives and whether or not she is truthful.
    Last edited by retailguy; 04-15-2011 at 11:16 AM.