Page 427 of 563 FirstFirst ... 327 377 417 425 426 427 428 429 437 477 527 ... LastLast
Results 8,521 to 8,540 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    I don't know the word to describe him, but you put it together pretty well Vince.

If nothing else, colour me confused by him. Did he fool us all those years? Was he always a bastard, and if so, was he just better at hiding it, or did we choose to ignore it? Or did those characteristics not become apparent until he stopped getting his way?
    What comes out of F****'s mouth now when he talks about the Packers is spite, the rancor of a jilted ex. Rodgers bears the brunt of that because he took BF's place in the bed. We didn't see this before because he hadn't yet found himself in that position of being on the outside looking in. I guess you could say that side of him had not yet been revealed when he was the starting QB for the Packers. Some may claim to have seen it there under the surface, but I am not nearly so confident in my abilities to read human beings through the media.

Ground Rat
    idk. hard to argue or find fault w/ anything he said. The only thing I think you can objectively question is the "i'm surprised he didn't do it sooner" comments is open for debate.

I'm not a favre hater now. I'll always cherish the memories he brought me growing up and divorces are often bitter. He'll always be one of the greats despite his falling apart the final year w/ numerous issues. shit happens.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Sound and Fury
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Senior Rat HOFer
    He could have simply said "I'm not surprised. That kid has a ton of talent. I could tell back in '07 that the team Ted Thompson was putting together was going to be special, and Aaron is a special quarterback. I'm not surprised at all." That would have gone much farther towards rebuilding burned bridges than saying he fell into a good situation, had 3 years to sit and learn from the master, and should have won one sooner than he did.
    Chuck Norris doesn't cut his grass, he just stares at it and dares it to grow

I think people are overreacting here. Favre has said and done some thing that justifiably upset Packer fans. In my opinion, this ain't one of 'em. People are acting as if the statement "I'm surprised he didn't win it sooner" is a criticism for not winning it sooner. I think it was meant as an acknowledgement that Rodgers is damn good, and that Ted Thompson has surrounded him with great talent. I guess Favre could have said it better and more precisely. Well guess what? Favre isn't the most gifted speaker to come along. I'm sure Favre still bears some resentment over what happened here, but he strikes me as being less bitter than a lot of his critics.

Ground Rat
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I think people are overreacting here. Favre has said and done some thing that justifiably upset Packer fans. In my opinion, this ain't one of 'em. People are acting as if the statement "I'm surprised he didn't win it sooner" is a criticism for not winning it sooner. I think it was meant as an acknowledgement that Rodgers is damn good, and that Ted Thompson has surrounded him with great talent. I guess Favre could have said it better and more precisely. Well guess what? Favre isn't the most gifted speaker to come along. I'm sure Favre still bears some resentment over what happened here, but he strikes me as being less bitter than a lot of his critics.
    can't argue that one bit. good post.

http://packersnews.greenbaypressgaze...yst-watch-clip

I don't see favre cutting it as a TV analyst. No gift of gab.

f bf
    Last edited by gbgary; 10-04-2011 at 07:37 PM.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Well Hank Williams compared the President to Adolph Hitler yesterday on Fox and Friends.

Favre could say that Rodger's is so damn good he shits gum drops and Packer fan is going to burn his ass. So it really doesn't matter.

what a dick, he needs to realize that he's dumb as shit and needs to just close his fucking mouth. everytime he opens it he just ends up looking more stupid

he said in his own kind way that rodgers plsyed like shit the last two years and he was the reason they didn't win a super bowl sooner
    Aaron had a chance…even though the last couple years it's seemed like he's almost a rookie
    then he blames the nfc championship fuckup to the team being so young. NOT the fact that he made one of his patented bone head moves with the game on the line

We were very, very young; take me out of the mix and we were by far the youngest team in the league. But I could see the talent pool across the board was outstanding. Now our season kind of ended up being a reflection of that
    JUST SHUT UP BRET. let packer fans remember what you've done and who you were, not as the jealous, backstabbing bitter old "i'm the greatest" fuck you've become

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    you are ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    what a dick, he needs to realize that he's dumb as shit and needs to just close his fucking mouth. everytime he opens it he just ends up looking more stupid

he said in his own kind way that rodgers plsyed like shit the last two years and he was the reason they didn't win a super bowl sooner

then he blames the nfc championship fuckup to the team being so young. NOT the fact that he made one of his patented bone head moves with the game on the line

JUST SHUT UP BRET. let packer fans remember what you've done and who you were, not as the jealous, backstabbing bitter old "i'm the greatest" fuck you've become
    Well, as I said earlier in this thread, Brett strikes me as being less bitter than a lot of his critics.

I used to be angry at him because of how he treated people on his way out, just the disrespect for other peoples jobs and lives.

People like Favre, I don't think it's worth the energy to have ill will toward them, but I do think it's smart to keep your distance. There are often times understandable reasons for a person to be selfish and destructive to others. Mostly it's insecurity. Favre seems like a very insecure person. It seems like he can't accept that the Packers are doing better without him. That's just a tough place to be, but at the same time, he's a guy you want to stay away from. As a husband, he'll cheat on you. As a teammate, he'll have his own lockerroom and won't show up for team work. When he leaves the team, he'll call a competitor and try to help them get an edge on his old teammates.

He just has no care for anyone but himself. Again, it's not a reason to hate. It's just sad and a reason to stay away.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Well Hank Williams compared the President to Adolph Hitler yesterday on Fox and Friends.

Favre could say that Rodger's is so damn good he shits gum drops and Packer fan is going to burn his ass. So it really doesn't matter.
    Actually, if he said something that wasn't self-serving spin wrapped as plain speakin' praise, I would be too stunned to complain.

Harlan posted something Brett about not having the gift of gab. I know what he means, but that doesn't color the whole picture. Brett could work as a diplomat in the Foreign Service with no additional training with his ability to say both something and nothing, praise and condemnation, self-criticism and self-forgiveness in a single statement.

He has truly mastered the art. I think Joe has fallen for the "this is just how he expresses himself" trope, that Brett is too unskilled at PR to skillfully navigate uncomfotable topics. That he is just being too brutally honest for general consumption. But he has done it too often for his own benefit for this to be anything other than a complaint. He is more skilled at this now than Holmgren was.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    The words of a true megalomaniac...
    And I’d like to think that he watched, he learned, ... he got a chance to watch and see successful teams do it right. And so he just kind of fell into a good situation. ... I don’t think anyone would question now the talent around him is even better than when I was there. So I’m really kind of surprised it took him so long.
    If this isn't a backhanded compliment I've never seen one.

Yeah, Rodgers fell into a good thing. Thanks for showing him how the successful teams do it. He'd have never done it without you Brett. Maybe someday he'll perform up to your standards.

Aaron Rodgers All-Time Rank
    Passer Rating 1
    Interception % 1
    Adj. YPA 1
    TD % (post 1976) 1
    Passing Yds/Game 3
    Completion % 4
    Completions/Game 6

This season he’s on pace for:
    5300 yards Projected All-Time Record
    56 Total TDs Projected All-Time Record
    73% completions Projected All-Time Record
    48 Passing TDs Projected 3rd All-Time
    9.4 YPA Projected 8th All-time

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post

Yeah, Rodgers fell into a good thing. Thanks for showing him how the successful teams do it. He'd have never done it without you Brett. Maybe someday he'll perform up to your standards.

Aaron Rodgers All-Time Rank
    Passer Rating 1
    Interception % 1
    Adj. YPA 1
    TD % (post 1976) 1
    Passing Yds/Game 3
    Completion % 4
    Completions/Game 6

This season he’s on pace for:
    5300 yards Projected All-Time Record
    56 Total TDs Projected All-Time Record
    73% completions Projected All-Time Record
    48 Passing TDs Projected 3rd All-Time
    9.4 YPA Projected 8th All-time

Extrapolation like this is silly after 1 or 2 games. But 4, it starts too look less silly.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    What comes out of F****'s mouth now when he talks about the Packers is spite, the rancor of a jilted ex. Rodgers bears the brunt of that because he took BF's place in the bed. We didn't see this before because he hadn't yet found himself in that position of being on the outside looking in. I guess you could say that side of him had not yet been revealed when he was the starting QB for the Packers. Some may claim to have seen it there under the surface, but I am not nearly so confident in my abilities to read human beings through the media.
    I think this is kind of where I fall. Those selfish characteristics were always there, but while he was the darling they weren't so pronounced, and when they did show up, we glossed them over. When he felt slighted and ignored, he acted out - like a child. That same inner child, I guess, that we admired when he showed it on the field playing for us.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    http://packersnews.greenbaypressgaze...yst-watch-clip

I don't see favre cutting it as a TV analyst. No gift of gab.
    Apparently no "gift" at all.... unless "4" makes the earth move... if you're gettin' my drift.... maybe he could pair up with Joe Buck... Troy wouldn't notice the added commotion in the booth.. he appears to be a lobotmized jackwad every week... sooooo.... Joe Buck could be exploring those Wranglers STAT!
    Football been very very good to me

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post

And I’d like to think that he watched, he learned, ... he got a chance to watch and see successful teams do it right. And so he just kind of fell into a good situation. ... I don’t think anyone would question now the talent around him is even better than when I was there. So I’m really kind of surprised it took him so long.

It sounds like less of a backhanded compliment if you don't delete out the words that are complimentary to Rodgers.

"And I’d like to think that he watched, he learned, and then when he got a chance to play, he brought in his ability which is obviously very good or they wouldn’t have drafted him in the first round. He's got tremendous talent, he's very bright and he got a chance to watch and see successful teams do it right. And so he just kind of fell into a good situation. On top of that, he’s a good player.

I don’t think anyone would question now the talent around him is even better than when I was there.
    Tough to put that line in context, but when is he talking about? Does he mean Rodgers had a more talented team for his SB than in '96? Reggie White, LeRoy Butler and Freeman might not be so happy about a comment like that. Or is he talking about some other fantasy year?
    --