Page 428 of 563 FirstFirst ... 328 378 418 426 427 428 429 430 438 478 528 ... LastLast
Results 8,541 to 8,560 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Brett comes across as a bitter old fart. No matter how you slice or parse it, BF just alienated a few more Packer fans. Think he should stay out of the booth, away from any microphone and sit on his lawn tractor in MS. He should quietly wait for Murphy to call and let him know when the Packers are retiring his number.
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunakor View Post
    He could have simply said "I'm not surprised. That kid has a ton of talent. I could tell back in '07 that the team Ted Thompson was putting together was going to be special, and Aaron is a special quarterback. I'm not surprised at all." That would have gone much farther towards rebuilding burned bridges than saying he fell into a good situation, had 3 years to sit and learn from the master, and should have won one sooner than he did.
    Exactly. Good post.

And he didn't say that. You can spin it all you want but I was listening to this live when it came on and I couldn't believe it. How hard is it for him to say: "damn, that kid is really good. he's amazing, im just glad if I'm going to get chased out of town, it's for someone like that (hillbilly chuckle)". Instead Aaron got to see how successful teams did it -- because he was around in 1996.

"And I’d like to think that he watched, he learned, and then when he got a chance to play, he brought in his ability which is obviously very good or they wouldn’t have drafted him in the first round. He's got tremendous talent, he's very bright and he got a chance to watch and see successful teams do it right. And so he just kind of fell into a good situation. On top of that, he’s a good player.
    I'm really surprised people are so upset with this quote. Favre is hardly the first person to suggest that Rodgers benefited from sitting and watching Favre for 3 years instead of being thrown to the wolves as Alex Smith was in San Francisco.

I... AM... SICK.... OF... BRETT... FAVRE.... CAN... IT... JUST....BE.... OVER... ALREADY?.... "DOT... DOT... DOT..." PLEASE ADVISE QUICKLY AS BOAT HAS SPRUNG LEAK... ***GLUG... GLUG... GLUG...***
    Football been very very good to me

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by easy cheesy View Post
    I... AM... SICK.... OF... BRETT... FAVRE.... CAN... IT... JUST....BE.... OVER... ALREADY?.... "DOT... DOT... DOT..." PLEASE ADVISE QUICKLY AS BOAT HAS SPRUNG LEAK... ***GLUG... GLUG... GLUG...***
    Agree. just absolutely sick of it
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

DON'T...HAVE...TO...READ...THE...THREAD...IF...YOU 'RE...SICK...OF...IT...THERE...ARE...HUNDREDS...OF ...OTHER...THREADS...TO...READ...

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I'm really surprised people are so upset with this quote. Favre is hardly the first person to suggest that Rodgers benefited from sitting and watching Favre for 3 years instead of being thrown to the wolves as Alex Smith was in San Francisco.
    It's fine for other people to suggest it but when you're asked one question -- and one question only -- about Aaron Rodgers, and you happen to suggest that yourself... well, come on, that's really not necessary. Wasn't the question like "how did you feel watching AR and the Pack when the Super Bowl last year?". What's that gotta do with that?

DON'T...HAVE...TO...READ...THE...THREAD...IF...YOU 'RE...SICK...OF...IT...THERE...ARE...HUNDREDS...OF ...OTHER...THREADS...TO...READ...

THANK YOU FOR SHOWING ME THE LIGHT.... I CAN'T IMAGINE WHAT I WOULD'VE DONE WITHOUT YOUR ASSISTANCE.... I'M GOING TO THE SHITTER AS WE SPEAK... GOD BLESS....

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus

not the thread - just kinda sick of Favre
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Posted Yankee smack talk in here whilst buzzed- wrong thread- duly removed with apologies all around!
    Last edited by easy cheesy; 10-05-2011 at 01:36 AM.

see above.... *** sigh ***
    Last edited by easy cheesy; 10-05-2011 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    I don't know the word to describe him, but you put it together pretty well Vince.

If nothing else, colour me confused by him. Did he fool us all those years? Was he always a bastard, and if so, was he just better at hiding it, or did we choose to ignore it? Or did those characteristics not become apparent until he stopped getting his way?
    I don't think he became a bastard towards the Packers until TT had the audacity to draft his replacement - Rodgers - while he was still our starter. I submit Favre felt threatened by Rodgers as soon as everyone saw Aaron on the practice field. I also believe Favre "retired" after the 2007 season because he feared he might lose his starters job and sure as hell didn't want to be Rodgers back-up! There can be no other explanation why a QB who still was playing at a high level would want to leave a team that just weeks ago was OT away from the Super Bowl, a team he admits was one of the most talented one he'd ever played on in GB. I for one don't give a damn what he says about our team today or our fabulous QB. He can go to blazes.

Probably writes what a lot are feeling about the interview.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/131072208.html

Gunslinger is more mudslinger in his remarks about Packers' Rodgers

What you want from the former star, when he talks about the current star of your team, is generosity, grace, clarity and genuine admiration.

What you get from Brett Favre, when he talked about Aaron Rodgers during a radio on Tuesday, is a dash of generosity, a dearth of grace, an absence of clarity and an admiration couched in backhanded compliments.

Talk about a passive-aggressive expression of praise for your successor.

In the interview the former Packers quarterback did with a radio station in Atlanta, WQXI-AM (790), Favre was asked what his thoughts were as he watched Rodgers and the Packers during their championship run last season.

"I’m going to be honest, I was not surprised," Favre said. "The biggest surprise to me would be that he didn’t do it sooner."

Sooner? Sooner than what? Sooner than Rodgers’ third season as a starter?

Favre said the last season in Green Bay (2007) proved what he had said at the beginning of that run – it was the most talented team he had ever played on.

"I could see the talent pool across the board was outstanding," Favre said. "Now our season kind of ended up being a reflection of that. We came close, and I think we took a lot of people by surprise, but guys emerged rather quickly."

So Rodgers takes over in 2008 and the team Favre called the most talented he ever played on went 6-10.

Is that the implication?

Let’s go on.

"Aaron had a chance . . . even though the last couple years it’s seemed like he’s almost a rookie, he’s been around awhile," Favre said. "And I’d like to think that he watched, he learned, and then when he got a chance to play, he brought in his ability which is obviously very good or they wouldn’t have drafted him in the first round. He’s got tremendous talent, he’s very bright and he got a chance to watch and see successful teams do it right. And so he just kind of fell into a good situation. On top of that, he’s a good player. I don’t think anyone would question now the talent around him is even better than when I was there. So I’m really kind of surprised it took him so long. Really, the early part of last year season, it hadn’t quite clicked yet and I didn’t know if it would. I just kind of figured when they hit their stride, they’re going to be hard to beat. And that’s what happened."

Been around awhile. Fell into a good situation. Really kind of surprised. Hadn’t quite clicked.

Now if you consider that genuine praise of your successor and his abilities, then you think Lady Gaga needs to make more flamboyant clothing choices for her concerts.

And, oh yes.

Favre just got done saying the 2007 team was the most talented he ever played on. But now the 2010 or ’11 Rodgers’ teams have more talent than when he was there? Which is it?

Bart Starr was unflagging and unambiguous in his praise of Favre when No. 4 was behind center in Green Bay.

Favre apparently has not yet located the same kind of generosity when talking about Rodgers.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

The really hilarious part of this is that Favre undoubtedly assumed that all Green Bay would pine for decades over his absence, something like the Starr to Favre wait.
    What he finds instead? His successor turns out to be an upgrade.
    That tractor seat has got to be smolderingly hot.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Jeez. Favre was trying to deliver a compliment to Rodgers, he thought he was being generous by saying Rodgers had the talent to succeed quickly. You have to be digging for trouble to spin it as "what took him so long!?"

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Jeez. Favre was trying to deliver a compliment to Rodgers, he thought he was being generous by saying Rodgers had the talent to succeed quickly. You have to be digging for trouble to spin it as "what took him so long!?"
    If he was trying to give a compliment to Rodgers, I think he failed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    The really hilarious part of this is that Favre undoubtedly assumed that all Green Bay would pine for decades over his absence, something like the Starr to Favre wait.
    What he finds instead? His successor turns out to be an upgrade.
    That tractor seat has got to be smolderingly hot.
    Quote Originally Posted by channtheman View Post
    If he was trying to give a compliment to Rodgers, I think he failed.
    Agreed Chann...I don't believe that Favre would EVER try to deliver a genuine compliment to Rodgers. In my opinion, he is bitter, narcissistic, self aggrandizing and obviously jealous and full of contempt.

The tractor seat is smokin' hot and his diaper is most assuredly smoldering, festering and fatally fuming... fuck him....
    Last edited by easy cheesy; 10-05-2011 at 02:27 AM.

Blog Entries
    It sounds like less of a backhanded compliment if you don't delete out the words that are complimentary to Rodgers.
    He damn well should compliment the most efficient quarterback in history and the Super Bowl MVP after he's done what he's done thus far. It's the backhanded compliments that stick out. That's what he said. I'm not interpreting what I think he meant to say. None of the words quoted were taken out of context one iota. If he really just wanted to compliment Rodgers he wouldn't have insulted him at the same time.

Favre's getting beat up over this as he should. He fucked up and he's going to have to come back and claim it was all a big misunderstanding.
    Last edited by vince; 10-05-2011 at 04:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post

The, "he played like a rookie when he'd been in the league a long time" thing was the most obvious. Take that out and there's a decent case that he's just giving a compliment. With that in, it sort of sets the tone for the rest of it. It was as much excuses for why he didn't win as it was reasons why Aaron did. There was a contrast to their situations that seemed to echo through his interview and in it, it sounded like Aaron should have won it with that team sooner but he played like a rookie and Brett's team was the youngest so they weren't ready.

It's partly true, it just shows where he's at, trying to show people it wasn't him, it was the team around him. Aaron winning doesn't prove Aaron is better, just that he had a better team. That's subjective, but for him to take his time on air to make this contrast, it just shows where his head is at. He doesn't seem secure.

Whether it's true or not, it's just a weird thing to talk about, like he's thought about it several times and he needs to keep reassuring himself and others of it.
    Last edited by RashanGary; 10-05-2011 at 08:01 AM.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    I think we can all agree that Packer Nation is the biggest group of Homers in the United State. Aaron Rodgers is the new Prince in town and he will be defended and pardoned until he proves unworthy on the field and then he can just go away. Favre gave a compliment to him several times over in this interview, and Packer Nation takes it as mudslinging. Maybe Rodgers can come back to the Packers after he done playing and try to coach and run the Packers as well just so he stays in the heart and minds of all the lovely Packer fans.