Page 429 of 563 FirstFirst ... 329 379 419 427 428 429 430 431 439 479 529 ... LastLast
Results 8,561 to 8,580 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

I think it was a compliment too. Its as gushy as Favre gets. The take on PFT sucked.
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

Quote Originally Posted by easy cheesy View Post
    Posted Yankee smack talk in here whilst buzzed- wrong thread- duly removed with apologies all around!
    There is no right thread for that.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepshead View Post
    I think it was a compliment too. Its as gushy as Favre gets. The take on PFT sucked.
    I guess I just don't see it that way. I think reading it as backhanded compliments and passive aggressive behaviour is accurate. As I'm reading it, every time I see something that looks like a compliment, I can almost hear the 'but...' being inserted. One of the things I think he was trying to get across was that it wasn't really Rodger's second season.

I think when he made the comment 'it seemed like he was almost a rookie' he followed it up with 'he's been around a while'. I see that differently than others - he wasn't trying to say Rodgers' made rookie mistakes, he was trying to say 'of course he didn't, it's his fifth year in the league'. He wanted to make sure everyone remembered that Rodgers' didn't win it all his second year.

I don't think I'm reading too much into his statements. There was not a single straight out compliment - I don't think he's capable of giving one.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

i love the first comment on the PFT story

Maybe it took Rodgers longer because you wouldn’t leave.

I think many are looking for Brett to fit in with the 'elder statesmen' of football. Your Bart Starrs, your Roger Staubachs. That just isnt Brett and I dont think we'll ever see that from him. He's a &@#$ up lately, dont get me wrong, but I think he's getting a little too much heat here. Reminds me of Florios take of Rodgers and the cancer patient video.
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

Blog Entries
    He's never going to be like Starr. That's not him, but I'd have liked to see him show a modicum of class and personal security in his own accomplishments. He doesn't have it. Here's Matt Bowen on Favre's comments.
    Ex-players are bitter (almost jealous) when their replacements have real success. Some guys just can't handle it.

Polka Rat Starter
    Stephen A Smith ripped Favre a new one this morning. I couldn't believe how long he went on calling him out. He called him the most selfish player in the last 5 years. He also read qualifiers into what on the surface was supposed to be perceived as a compliment.

The fact that Skip Bayless took Favre's side gave credence to what Smith said.

Personally, I think Rodgers will go down as a better QB than Favre simply because he prepares and plays a more disciplined game. Farve did whine about practice and prep again. He as much as said he was above that. Rodgers will go down as a man with more class too.

Farve said he misses being in the locker room with the guys. Then why did he have to have his own room? To my way of thinking, he's a dieingenuous @#$%^. If he never comes back to Green Bay, it'll be fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    I think we can all agree that Packer Nation is the biggest group of Homers in the United State. Aaron Rodgers is the new Prince in town and he will be defended and pardoned until he proves unworthy on the field and then he can just go away. Favre gave a compliment to him several times over in this interview, and Packer Nation takes it as mudslinging. Maybe Rodgers can come back to the Packers after he done playing and try to coach and run the Packers as well just so he stays in the heart and minds of all the lovely Packer fans.
    Why do you care if Packer fans are homers? If some think Favre is a douche why do you or anyone else give a damn? It is just an opinion and I thought message boards were for folks to express their opinions? Me? I don't give a rat's ass about Favre in the least. I have no regard for him at all and enjoy all the bashing he's getting here and on other forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    Stephen A Smith ripped Favre a new one this morning. I couldn't believe how long he went on calling him out. He called him the most selfish player in the last 5 years. He also read qualifiers into what on the surface was supposed to be perceived as a compliment.

The fact that Skip Bayless took Favre's side gave credence to what Smith said.

Personally, I think Rodgers will go down as a better QB than Favre simply because he prepares and plays a more disciplined game. Farve did whine about practice and prep again. He as much as said he was above that. Rodgers will go down as a man with more class too.

Farve said he misses being in the locker room with the guys. Then why did he have to have his own room? To my way of thinking, he's a dieingenuous @#$%^. If he never comes back to Green Bay, it'll be fine with me.
    I don't disagree with you...but football seriously changed from 1992 to 2002. film study and preparation changed even at the high school level let alone the professional level. Rodgers will always come across as more prepared, mostly because for the first 8 years of Favre's career, he never prepared, and everyone around him including himself would say that. Favre is Favre I guess. I loved him when I was in high school in the 90's, and part of me will always love him. But as I've said before, I will never forget the day my college roommate told me to "just wait...Brett Favre will rip the heart out of everyone who loves green bay. he's self, and he'll show himself to be just that one day."...that was 9 years before they traded him.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

Quote Originally Posted by ND72 View Post
    I don't disagree with you...but football seriously changed from 1992 to 2002. film study and preparation changed even at the high school level let alone the professional level. Rodgers will always come across as more prepared, mostly because for the first 8 years of Favre's career, he never prepared, and everyone around him including himself would say that. Favre is Favre I guess. I loved him when I was in high school in the 90's, and part of me will always love him. But as I've said before, I will never forget the day my college roommate told me to "just wait...Brett Favre will rip the heart out of everyone who loves green bay. he's self, and he'll show himself to be just that one day."...that was 9 years before they traded him.
    You were in high school in the 90s?? Egad, you're making me feel old! I was in high school (in GB) in the early 70s!!

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    I used to be angry at him because of how he treated people on his way out, just the disrespect for other peoples jobs and lives.

People like Favre, I don't think it's worth the energy to have ill will toward them, but I do think it's smart to keep your distance. There are often times understandable reasons for a person to be selfish and destructive to others. Mostly it's insecurity. Favre seems like a very insecure person. It seems like he can't accept that the Packers are doing better without him. That's just a tough place to be, but at the same time, he's a guy you want to stay away from. As a husband, he'll cheat on you. As a teammate, he'll have his own lockerroom and won't show up for team work. When he leaves the team, he'll call a competitor and try to help them get an edge on his old teammates.

He just has no care for anyone but himself. Again, it's not a reason to hate. It's just sad and a reason to stay away.
    Brett is an insecure person, totally agree. When the entire state of Wisconsin, Media, and millions of other people around the country crank you off as the next coming of Jesus Christ for so many years, you're going to have a different ego than others. the "good country boy" that so many played off for him was great for him, it took away many of his flaws. if any of you lived or grew up in the fox valley area in the 90's, most probably heard about Favre's antics with women and his drinking...but we all just kind of ignored it cause our team was playing better than it had in years. I mean my grandma still defends the man for cheating on his wife....but if I ever cheated on my wife, my grandmother would skin me alive. It was just simply a different mind set with him, and after a while people start to believe their own headlines. I mean did Brett Favre really think Brett Favre would ever be traded from Green Bay? I think it hurts him a little more than Rodgers made people forget about him so quickly, and I think he is a bit hurt even more that this team was able to win without him, especially a super bowl.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

If/when Rodgers wins a second Super Bowl title, and he's asked how it feels to win a second title, I'm hoping he says something like: "It feels great. I'm just surprised it didn't happen sooner." He probably will. He definitely the type that uses any slight to fuel his drive.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    If/when Rodgers wins a second Super Bowl title, and he's asked how it feels to win a second title, I'm hoping he says something like: "It feels great. I'm just surprised it didn't happen sooner." He probably will. He definitely the type that uses any slight to fuel his drive.
    Rodgers is likely to say that...he seems to do it all the time. Which reminds me to say thank you to Roddy White for saying ATL was the better team last playoffs, and to Brett Favre for not really saying anything horrible, but just enough to likely go on Mr. Rodgers refridgerator to inspire him...he likes that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    If/when Rodgers wins a second Super Bowl title.
    This didn't cross my mind, but looking at the Packers this year. . . . . This might be the major Favre burn. Favre was a one pump chump of a champ. The guy who replaced him looks like he might be the leader of a dynasty. Perception is that dumping Favre helped lead us to greatness. That eats at Favres craw. And the guy who sent him packing. . . He's getting all the credit for dumping Favre. Favre lived a charmed life in GB and now he's a national goat. He's seen as one of the most pathetic sports figures of all time by many national media outlets.

Nutz calls him a demon made up by Packer fans. Look around. Packer fans might be the nice ones. The national media can't stand him.

Packer fans here are calling him a bitter old coot. National guys are calling him a pathetic, selfish diva.
    Last edited by RashanGary; 10-05-2011 at 11:31 AM.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Favre is long winded. There are a lot of “uh’s, ah’s, you knows and I’m like’s.” It can get confusing. Each part of his interview, I just took the content. Let me know if you don’t think a part of it is accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by ”Host”
    “Brett, talk a little bit as far as what was going through your mind when you saw Aaron Rodgers and the Packers go on their Super Bowl run last season.

Quote Originally Posted by ”Favre”
    “I’m going to be quite honest, I was not surprised. The biggest surprise to me would be that he didn’t do it sooner. “
    I wasn’t surprised he won. I was surprised he didn’t do it sooner.

Because it’s funny how people forget over time, my last year in Green Bay prior to the first game, really at the start of training camp, I made the remark that this was probably the most talented team I’ve ever played on. And of course everyone kinda looked up and [was] like, ‘You know, this guy’s off his rocker.’ My last year in Green Bay I thought it was the most talented team I’ve played on. our season kind of ended up being a reflection of that. We came close, and I think we took a lot of people by surprise, but we were — you know, guys emerged rather quickly. “
    My last year in Green Bay I thought it was the most talented team I’ve played on. Outside of me, we were the youngest team in the league. When we lost, it was a reflection of that youth.

Aaron had a chance, you know, even though the last couple years it’s seemed like he’s almost a rookie, he’s been around for a while. And I’d like to think that, you know, he watched, he learned, and then when he got a chance to play, he brought in his, you know, his ability which obviously is very good or they wouldn’t have drafted him in the first round. “
    Aaron took over that team. I’d like to think he watched, learned and then when he got his chance he would show is ability. He ended up playing like a rookie those first two years. Obviously they believed in him or they wouldn’t have drafted him.

He’s got tremendous talent, he’s very bright, and he got a chance to sit and watch and he saw a successful team do it right. And so he just kind of fell into a good situation. On top of that, he’s a good player. I don’t think anyone would question now the talent around him is even better than when I was there. So I’m really surprised that it just kind of took him so long.
    He has tremendous talent. He’s very bright. He fell into a good situation. He’s a good player. The talent around him is better than the talent when I was there. I’m surprised it took so long.

And really, the early part of last year season, again it’s surprising to me ’cause I’m like, you know, it just hadn’t quite — it hadn’t clicked yet and I didn’t know if it would. Last year, I just figured when they hit their stride, they’re going to be hard to beat. And that’s what happened.”
    Last season I knew they were great. If it started to click I knew they’d be hard to beat and that’s what happened.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Host: “Brett, talk a little bit as far as what was going through your mind when you saw Aaron Rodgers and the Packers go on their Super Bowl run last season.”

Favre Paraphrased: I wasn’t surprised he won. I was surprised he didn’t do it sooner. My last year in Green Bay I thought it was the most talented team I’ve played on. When we lost, it was a reflection of the youth. Aaron took over that team, but with experience. I’d like to think he watched, learned and then when he got his chance he would show is ability. He ended up playing like a rookie those first two years. Obviously they believed in him or they wouldn’t have drafted him. He has tremendous talent. He’s very bright. He fell into a good situation. He’s a good player. The talent around him is better than the talent when I was there. I’m surprised it took him so long. Last season I knew they were great. If it started to click I knew they’d be hard to beat and that’s what happened.
    Last edited by RashanGary; 10-05-2011 at 12:39 PM.

And if you really want the nuts and bolts, this is it.

"The team I had in 2007 was too young. I would have won a SB with the teams he had sooner. He played like a rookie, that's why they didn't. But yeah, he's playing great and won a SB with a loaded team. I'm not surprised."

In Favre's defense, it's a shitty question. How is he supposed to feel? He left a team on rocky terms. He was hurt. He wanted to prove them wrong. And now a question about how it felt after they beat him twice, injured his ankle and won the SB without him. They even went so far as to specifically mention AR winning it. It was kind of loaded, set a defensive tone. Still, his true colors shine through.
    Last edited by RashanGary; 10-05-2011 at 12:38 PM.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I'm not surprised you wrote that. I'm just surprised it took you so long.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I'm not surprised you wrote that. I'm just surprised it took you so long.
    LMAO!!!
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Favre sure does bring out emotion with the way he left. Many fell betrayed still. Easy to read a lot into his words when emotion is involved, but I still wish he would ahve just said "good for them".

Above some one mentioned Favre as a one pump chump. Well he played in two SB's and the second one was close.
    I think Rodgers will get us to another one, and in a way it looks like this year, but lets not get to far ahead of the game. If you are calling Favre a one pump chump and Rodgers never wins another, then you have to call him a one pump chump as well.
    Farve is the second or third best QB in packer history (depending on where you put Arnie Herber). I think Rodgers will over take him and bump him down one slot, but until he does when you dump on Favre as sucking for only winning One SB just remember he made it to two, Rodgers is still at one.

As an aside I feel dirty defending Favre. I never did, and never have thought of him as the greatest of all time, and really hated teh way he played for the queens.

Polka Rat Starter
    Favre said Rodgers watched and saw a successful team do it roght.

What Rodgers saw was what happens when the so called team leader is above playing within the system. He saw how lack of self discipline and preperation were the difference between winning and losing. He saw how if you want to be accepted as the leader, you needed to allow the 53rd man on the roster to be part of the team. He saw that if you expected a certain level of performance from the rest of the team, you need to lead by example.

The last thing he learned was that when 4 receivers are open, you don't throw it to the 5th guy who is double covered.

Aaron learned well.