Page 43 of 563 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 143 543 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by cpk1994
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    Quote Originally Posted by TennesseePackerBacker
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBB DEEP
    how many 4th quarter comebacks is that now???
    Yes, against the mighty Chiefs! Favre played horrible against a bad team...My guess is we get a 3rd round draft pick.
    and that came after an abysmal performace against the mighty Raiders. Horrible performances against two of worst teams in the NFL won't make the Jets fans too confident.
    Makes you happy though, doesn't it?
    Since it is the Jets, I don't care. I am more interested in rooting on ARod and the Packers, my favorite team, over having feelings over one of the other 31 teams in the NFL not named Bears or Vikings.
    Then why waste your time flaming another QB? Seems silly, doesn't it? But yet you continue to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    I heard some talking head (ESPN) say that KC is the youngest team in the NFL and the Jets/Favre almost lost to them...weren't the Packers the youngest team last year and almost went to the SB? Fucking schmuck. The Lions almost won this weekend...wonders never cease.
    I thought we were the youngest team, for the 3rd year in a row?

Quote Originally Posted by GBRulz
    you sure put a lot of effort into a subject that you don't care about.
    Only if that subject is Favre's continual trashing of the Packers organization. But the subject was the Jets and Favre's performance. I offered my opinion. That is hardly any effort.

Quote Originally Posted by TennesseePackerBacker
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBB DEEP
    how many 4th quarter comebacks is that now???
    Yes, against the mighty Chiefs! Favre played horrible against a bad team...My guess is we get a 3rd round draft pick.
    and that came after an abysmal performace against the mighty Raiders. Horrible performances against two of worst teams in the NFL won't make the Jets fans too confident.
    Makes you happy though, doesn't it?
    Since it is the Jets, I don't care. I am more interested in rooting on ARod and the Packers, my favorite team, over having feelings over one of the other 31 teams in the NFL not named Bears or Vikings.
    Then why waste your time flaming another QB? Seems silly, doesn't it? But yet you continue to do it.
    I merely offerd my opinion of how I think the Jets fans feel based on the facts of the last two weeks. How is that flaming?

I merely offerd my opinion of how I think the Jets fans feel based on the facts of the last two weeks. How is that flaming?
    I'm sure the Jets fans appreciate your concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevelle2
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    I heard some talking head (ESPN) say that KC is the youngest team in the NFL and the Jets/Favre almost lost to them...weren't the Packers the youngest team last year and almost went to the SB? Fucking schmuck. The Lions almost won this weekend...wonders never cease.
    I thought we were the youngest team, for the 3rd year in a row?
    That's what I thought as well....these guys are pro's and unless they just give up like the Bengals they have a chance to win any week.
    C.H.U.D.

Baah

I'm sure the Jets fans appreciate your concern.
    I don't really care, and you avoided my question so I will assume you either don't have an answer or you were wrong.

I don't really care, and you avoided my question so I will assume you either don't have an answer or you were wrong.
    Most (not all, but most) of these people have done a good job of keeping the Favre posts to this thread, so I think you could return the favor by staying out of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    Most (not all, but most) of these people have done a good job of keeping the Favre posts to this thread, so I think you could return the favor by staying out of this thread.
    Why? I merly offered an opinion of what I thought Jets fanas might be feeling following Favre's bad performances against the two worst teams in the NFL. Then I asked 007 how I could be flaming with that post and got total avoidance of the question with a smart ass answer. It is becoming very clear that the mere thought that a post is negative in the Favre thread is verboten and that is just pathetic.

Why? I merly offered an opinion of what I thought Jets fanas might be feeling following Favre's bad performances against the two worst teams in the NFL. Then I asked 007 how I could be flaming with that post and got total avoidance of the question with a smart ass answer. It is becoming very clear that the mere thought that a post is negative in the Favre thread is verboten and that is just pathetic.
    Just let them continue to gloat about a win over the Chiefs. I didn't see anything wrong with your posts, but critique of Favre is off limits in this thread.
    Go PACK

Favre played like Favre sometimes plays.

Only if that subject is Favre's continual trashing of the Packers organization. But the subject was the Jets and Favre's performance. I offered my opinion. That is hardly any effort.
    Yes, I know. When it comes to negativity, it comes very easy for you and therefore, no effort is required. Not just with Favre, but I remember you completely throwing M3 under a bus, too. Don't remember the exact words, but calling him a piece of shit and not having any balls, doesn't seem too far out of the equation.

Nobody here is denying that Favre had another horrible game yesterday. Personally, I think he is hurt more than we know. I also believe the coaching is less than stellar in Jetland, something he was really able to benefit from under M3.

The Jets fans appreciate your sincere concern and also your Miss Cleo like attempt to predict what they are thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641
    Just let them continue to gloat about a win over the Chiefs.
    I must have missed that. Who here was gloating over the Jets win over the Chiefs?

From NFL Fan House....the Favre's have joined the blogging revolution! In the most recent post, Deanna, Brett's wife, writes that her husband isn't a vindictive jerk, which should come as news to Ted Thompson, Mike McCarthy, and the sports media (obvious exclusion: Peter King, BFF Esq.)

Via the Family of Favre:
    "... [M]ost hurtful are those media reports who would like you to believe that Brett is eaten up with bitterness over his split with the Packers. Still feeling some grief, sure... but not bitterness. Yes, in the beginning, Brett was angry and hurt with the way things ended, but how could he not be? Brett gave most of his career (and his adult life) to the Packers. ...

Brett does not, in any way, hold a vendetta against his former team ... But that has not stopped some from scrutinizing his every move and blaming him for so many things that simply are not true. ... Because of this, lately, my heart has been so heavy. It is very hard to watch the daily toll this has taken on Brett."

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Brett does not, in any way, hold a vendetta against his former team ... But that has not stopped some from scrutinizing his every move and blaming him for so many things that simply are not true. ... Because of this, lately, my heart has been so heavy. It is very hard to watch the daily toll this has taken on Brett."
    Oh for chrissakes, I think I am going to cry. "My Brett...." If this is really taking a toll on Favre, he needs to get over it. He was vindictive:

Favre said of his desire to play for the Vikings. “Maybe that was a little bit of vindictive nature, or whatever, competitive nature, whatever,” Favre said. “I think in the end, that was probably the wrong motive and I realized that was not going to happen.”

-------

The last thing we need is Deanna Favre blogging about "Her Brett..." Bleccchh.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I haven't been reading this thread (you got me, I stopped by to see what people were saying about three INTs and the comeback win), so I may have missed this discussion, but isn't the Official Favre thread stuff self defeating?

If all Favre news belongs in here, isn't some of it going to be critical? Alternatively, if critical Favre news gets its own threads, isn't that stuffing the ballot box, so to speak?

What really should be banned is comments that contain personal shots. Chevelle's post about the points Favre helped the Chiefs score seems legitimate. The next ten posts decrying trolls and haters is unreadable (that includes the retorts by Chevelle and cpk, I am not taking sides). Partial's definition of a troll post is good, and Chevelle's initial point does not seem to fit in its parameters.

If you want to take a shot at someone, start a thread about me changing my season long held position that the defense is single-handedly killing this team (read: Packers not Jets) (and mostly run defense). Looking through the stats, I am now equally worried about why we haven't generated more offensive points (forget the return TDs). And I blame the run game; O Line, RBs, second half playcalling and QB/WRs in that order.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Not all Favre news is on here. I see this as an oasis for the Favre groupies to express their unconditional love for all things Brett. It gives them an outlet, and it keeps much of it out of the Packers forum.

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641
    Just let them continue to gloat about a win over the Chiefs.
    I must have missed that. Who here was gloating over the Jets win over the Chiefs?
    Let's not forget our far more talented Packer team barely squeeked out a win against the Chiefs last year.

They're a tough team, despite their lack of talent. Especially in KC.

? HOFer
    It's trolling because you are not contributing anything positive to the forum. We all know where you stand. You've made it perfectly crystal clear.

Is it necessary to come in here after a rough game and talk about how bad Favre is? Your comparisons are absolute bullshit. You can't compare stat for stat when Rodgers is walking onto a team with that kind of offensive fire power and Favre is taking over a 4-12 team.

Rodgers is playing great no doubt, but considering the circumstances and matching last years win total, on pace to double it is playing pretty well also.

Here's some food for thought: While many of us did not think he'd play nearly this well (myself among others), many here were against going with Rodgers for reasons other than how well he would play. Loyalty, etc.