Page 430 of 563 FirstFirst ... 330 380 420 428 429 430 431 432 440 480 530 ... LastLast
Results 8,581 to 8,600 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

If Favre responds to all the furor, look for him to confess to being mystified and hurt at all the criticism. After all, he was only complimenting Aaron Rodgers! He'll say he can't believe how vengeful and spiteful some people can be - all he ever wanted to do was play and have fun and do his best, etc. He's hurt by it all and wishes people would understand he was just complimenting his successor.

If Dom Capers were running Brent's defense, it'd be called the "Mississippi Country Boy" defense.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    We need another tender, touching Ode to Brett:

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    I'd say we've all seen more than enough pics of the touching of Brett's tender ode.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ivate-rodgers/
    Clay Matthews: Favre’s snub will motivate Rodgers

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 5, 2011, 5:11 PM EDT

Brett Favre’s comment that he was surprised that Aaron Rodgers didn’t win a Super Bowl in Green Bay sooner has not gone unnoticed in the Packers’ locker room.

Packers linebacker Clay Matthews said today on Jim Rome Is Burning that he doesn’t want to make a big deal of Favre’s comment, but he does think it’s just the kind of thing that motivates Rodgers.

“I’m not going to get involved with that, but I know 12,” Matthews said, referencing Rodgers’ jersey number. “He hears those comments. It definitely fuels the fire. He’s playing outstanding ball but it’s only going to continue to exacerbate the situation and continue to step his game up, so I’m just looking forward to having him on my team and to see what he is able to do.”

Rome then asked if Matthews had a problem with what Favre said.

“I’m sure Aaron has a bigger problem,” Matthews said. “Backhanded comments like that, I’m sure it hits a core with Aaron. He’s a competitor. He takes everything that people say about him, the criticisms, and puts it on display on Sunday.”

Rodgers has always taken the high road publicly, but teammates have said Rodgers feels bitter about the way Favre treated him, particularly by jerking Rodgers around with retirements and un-retirements. Favre’s statement this week isn’t going to make that relationship any better.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    I'd say we've all seen more than enough pics of Brett touching of his tender ode.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ivate-rodgers/
    lets hope it somehow motivates CM3 a little too

Blog Entries
    Here's the arrogant one's response.
    http://packersnews.greenbaypressgaze...|text|PKR-News

During his weekly press conference in front of his locker today, Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers chose to avoid addressing directly the comments made by Brett Favre Tuesday.

Favre said yesterday that he was surprised it took Rodgers and the Packers so long to win a Super Bowl. Rodgers, who replaced Favre as the starter in 2008, led the Packers to a championship in his third year as a starter.

When asked what he made of Favre’s comments, Rodgers replied: ”You know what, I’m just, the only thing I want to say is I’m just really proud of our guys and what our team did last season. It was a great accomplishment. It took all 53 of those guys and obviously it got the attention of a lot of people and we’re proud of the fact that we achieved the ultimate goal as a team.”

When asked if he found Favre to be disrespectful at all to him, Rodgers replied: ”You know what, again I’m just going to say I was really proud of our team. It takes 53 guys to win a championship. We had the right recipe last year and we’re trying to do that same thing this season.”

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Brett Favre still the most polarizing figure in Packer football.

Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

what an asshole

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post

It's partly true, it just shows where he's at, trying to show people it wasn't him, it was the team around him. Aaron winning doesn't prove Aaron is better, just that he had a better team. That's subjective, but for him to take his time on air to make this contrast, it just shows where his head is at. He doesn't seem secure.

Exactly. Favre is an insecure diva.

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    Favre said Rodgers watched and saw a successful team do it roght.

What Rodgers saw was what happens when the so called team leader is above playing within the system. He saw how lack of self discipline and preperation were the difference between winning and losing. He saw how if you want to be accepted as the leader, you needed to allow the 53rd man on the roster to be part of the team. He saw that if you expected a certain level of performance from the rest of the team, you need to lead by example.

The last thing he learned was that when 4 receivers are open, you don't throw it to the 5th guy who is double covered.

Aaron learned well.
    Right on!!
    Go PACK

i'd like to add that even though bert seems to think it took arod 3 years to win with the same team he ended with, he's dead wrong

a-rods first starting season was the rookie year for jordy. fin, and sitton

2009 brought raji, CM3, lang, wynn, brad jones

2010 brought bulaga, neal, burnett, quarless, newhouse, starks, cj wilson, sam shields ans zombo

man, that a lot of talent that somehow figured out how to win WITHOUT bent fart

so in short, not at all the same teams favre left and a-ron won a super bowl with. those young guys had to have some growing pains

That was as good of a response as he could have had. Classy and smarter than Brett.

He got one tiny dig in there... so tiny... he said it took all 53 of those guys and they had the right recipe. You could have just about all the right ingredients but if you're missing just one thing -- one out of 53 -- the whole dish could taste off. So yes, the team is talented... you're right Brett ... but we had to make a little change in one of the ingredients to accomplish the ultimate goal. That ingredient is me, Aaron Rodgers. Bitch.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Agreed. And he will be for a long time to come I'd say. 16 years of never missing a game at QB, all the records, all the huge highs like his game in Oakland on Monday night and the Super Bowl, all the touchdowns for so long, along with all the interceptions for so long, the lows like his drinking, drug addiction, womanizing, crushing losses at his hands in the playoffs.

Favre's such an idelible part of Packer history. The sad part is, Favre acts and talks like he thinks the Packers are an indelible part of Favre history.

I think we can all agree that Packer Nation is the biggest group of Homers in the United State. Aaron Rodgers is the new Prince in town and he will be defended and pardoned until he proves unworthy on the field and then he can just go away. Favre gave a compliment to him several times over in this interview, and Packer Nation takes it as mudslinging. Maybe Rodgers can come back to the Packers after he done playing and try to coach and run the Packers as well just so he stays in the heart and minds of all the lovely Packer fans.
    How does Favre's dick taste?

Vince Lombardi anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Vince Lombardi anyone?
    How is Lombardi polarizing?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    How is Lombardi polarizing?
    He retired from the Packers and then went and coached another team.

Favre really needs a good shrink.....the guy is dealing with some serious issues. His time has come and gone but it's hard to let go.....
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i'd like to add that even though bert seems to think it took arod 3 years to win with the same team he ended with, he's dead wrong

a-rods first starting season was the rookie year for jordy. fin, and sitton

2009 brought raji, CM3, lang, wynn, brad jones

2010 brought bulaga, neal, burnett, quarless, newhouse, starks, cj wilson, sam shields ans zombo

man, that a lot of talent that somehow figured out how to win WITHOUT bent fart

so in short, not at all the same teams favre left and a-ron won a super bowl with. those young guys had to have some growing pains
    The 2010 team is quite different from the '07 team, I don't think it occured to me just how much so. I should have realized it, the way TT's draft picks all seem to make the roster every year.

My count shows 29 players remain from the 07 team, and that count includes Justin Harrell and M. Montgomery.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Favre really needs a good shrink.....the guy is dealing with some serious issues. His time has come and gone but it's hard to let go.....
    He needs to get a job. Problem is, I'm not sure if Deanna will let him out of the house for very long.