Page 431 of 563 FirstFirst ... 331 381 421 429 430 431 432 433 441 481 531 ... LastLast
Results 8,601 to 8,620 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Blog Entries
    I'm coming clean; I was one of the last guys here to fight for Favre and I'm still around to admit that. I made comments and defended Favre against TT, MM, the Packers Brass...and even Jenn Sterger (sorry...still think she flirted with the idea of him too Ziggy)

But this....

Insted of giving AROD credit for what he did accomplish he bittterly dwells on what he didn't accomplish (or he accomplished too late)
    When we know Favre was a terrible teammate to AROD he implies AROD could have learned a lot from him....watching him
    And by turning on AROD, he once again turns on anybody who is a Packer Fan

In reality, the win AROD let us to in the Super Bowl was more clutch and a better performance than any playoff game I recall Brett Favre giving up.
    He clutched up. Had AROD been leading us in our SB loss against Denver, he makes that off balance throw to a wide fricking open Freeman on 3rd down to a wide open Freeman and instead of giving the ball back to Denver to drive down and beat us we win that game. AROD had been clutch; Favre was a guy who played forever, who ultimately choked most of the time when we needed him the most.

THis is a sad pathetic betrayal to the Green Bay Packer Squad and Nation.
    I'll only say it once. Fuck You Favre

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RqQw...eature=related
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

bout time you came to your senses

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    How does Favre's dick taste?
    I guess you should ask your mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I'm coming clean; I was one of the last guys here to fight for Favre and I'm still around to admit that. I made comments and defended Favre against TT, MM, the Packers Brass...and even Jenn Sterger (sorry...still think she flirted with the idea of him too Ziggy)

But this....

Insted of giving AROD credit for what he did accomplish he bittterly dwells on what he didn't accomplish (or he accomplished too late)
    When we know Favre was a terrible teammate to AROD he implies AROD could have learned a lot from him....watching him
    And by turning on AROD, he once again turns on anybody who is a Packer Fan

In reality, the win AROD let us to in the Super Bowl was more clutch and a better performance than any playoff game I recall Brett Favre giving up.
    He clutched up. Had AROD been leading us in our SB loss against Denver, he makes that off balance throw to a wide fricking open Freeman on 3rd down to a wide open Freeman and instead of giving the ball back to Denver to drive down and beat us we win that game. AROD had been clutch; Favre was a guy who played forever, who ultimately choked most of the time when we needed him the most.

THis is a sad pathetic betrayal to the Green Bay Packer Squad and Nation.
    I'll only say it once. Fuck You Favre

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RqQw...eature=related
    time for a name change...arodsky maybe?

I think Favre's comments were less about Rodgers and more about himself. Favre doesn't go around dissing other players, but he does promote himself (In case you haven't noticed!) I think Favre was trying to convey the idea that he could have won a title with the players Arod had. It was stupid of him to do it, but that's what he's become. I wish he hadn't done it, but I don't hate him for it. Just not my nature, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    How does Favre's dick taste?

Probably not as chocolaty as Newton's.

Greg Jennings gets in a shot: "We didn’t go all the way with Brett, but we did with Aaron. I think that kind of speaks for itself.”
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    Probably not as chocolaty as Newton's.
    Or as big

Quote Originally Posted by ND72 View Post
    Brett is an insecure person, totally agree. When the entire state of Wisconsin, Media, and millions of other people around the country crank you off as the next coming of Jesus Christ for so many years, you're going to have a different ego than others. the "good country boy" that so many played off for him was great for him, it took away many of his flaws. if any of you lived or grew up in the fox valley area in the 90's, most probably heard about Favre's antics with women and his drinking...but we all just kind of ignored it cause our team was playing better than it had in years. I mean my grandma still defends the man for cheating on his wife....but if I ever cheated on my wife, my grandmother would skin me alive. It was just simply a different mind set with him, and after a while people start to believe their own headlines. I mean did Brett Favre really think Brett Favre would ever be traded from Green Bay? I think it hurts him a little more than Rodgers made people forget about him so quickly, and I think he is a bit hurt even more that this team was able to win without him, especially a super bowl.
    This is all gold. And I don't just mean the knocks on Brett, I mean the whole of Packerdom's complicity. Though I would add one item to the list of characteristics.

Brett wanted to be remembered another way. In 2000 or 2001, he gave Peter King an interview that claimed if the Packers ever felt he was done, he would retire rather than face being released or traded. Even at the time, this seemed like grandiose statement, one he would have trouble backing up.

When push came to shove, as Brandt has written, neither Favre nor Thompson were able to have a conversation that they needed to have. How to end it, peaceably. Each hoped the other would be cowed by the negative reaction to do what the other wanted. Instead it simply got ugly.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Did Brett cheat on his wife or girlfriend? Was he married at that time? Just asking. I didnt hear the interview, just read it until this morning(my brother said I should hear his tone) I still dont think its that bad of a knock on Rodgers. If anything, its a knock on McCarthy. Who I was very critical of in those years also. I thought he got way out coached in Arizona for instance. Brett sort of ties it back to Rodgers at the end a bit. I'm still not convinced he was ripping Aaron a new one necessarily.
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

I wish I had a dime for every time Favre mentioned "I, me, my" during an interview.

PB, you are absolutely right.

The Packers didn't want Favre, and Favre didn't want the Packers anymore and neither of them could make it work because even at this level people's feelings got hurt. Favre knew he could still play and he proved that in 2009 as a 40 year old Pro Bowl QB. It was a very bitter split with a lot of emotion and venom. The Packers and I believe Favre have both moved on. Brett Favre is still enemy number one for Packer Nation and he will get shredded regardless what he say about the Packers or Prince Aaron.

If Packer fan thinks Favre can't move on, then where is Packer fan with it all? Read the last few pages and you would think that Favre was trash bag QB for the Packers. Everyone involved in with Favregate needs to move on and let it go. The Packers won their Super Bowl, Rodgers is an amazing QB all is right with Packerland, but you all can't get over Brett Favre.

I would still rather hang out with Favre than Aaron Rodgers and his indy music loving ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwon View Post
    I wish I had a dime for every time Favre mentioned "I, me, my" during an interview.
    Don't you dare compare him to Obama, that is way past the line!

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post

The Packers didn't want Favre, and Favre didn't want the Packers anymore and neither of them could make it work because even at this level people's feelings got hurt. Favre knew he could still play and he proved that in 2009 as a 40 year old Pro Bowl QB. It was a very bitter split with a lot of emotion and venom. The Packers and I believe Favre have both moved on. Brett Favre is still enemy number one for Packer Nation and he will get shredded regardless what he say about the Packers or Prince Aaron.

If Packer fan thinks Favre can't move on, then where is Packer fan with it all? Read the last few pages and you would think that Favre was trash bag QB for the Packers. Everyone involved in with Favregate needs to move on and let it go. The Packers won their Super Bowl, Rodgers is an amazing QB all is right with Packerland, but you all can't get over Brett Favre.

I would still rather hang out with Favre than Aaron Rodgers and his indy music loving ass.
    ARod's 'throwaways' would be better.
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

I think the Packers of 2011 are looking for some kind of motivation coming off the Super Bowl win last year. It is all great to win but sometimes a spark is missing, I wonder if the Packer players are looking for an edge, or a rally cry.

Besides how many guys in the locker room actually read the papers? Not many so I am sure a reporter picks and chooses the Favre quotes and throws them at the players looking for a quote.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i'd like to add that even though bert seems to think it took arod 3 years to win with the same team he ended with, he's dead wrong

a-rods first starting season was the rookie year for jordy. fin, and sitton

2009 brought raji, CM3, lang, wynn, brad jones

2010 brought bulaga, neal, burnett, quarless, newhouse, starks, cj wilson, sam shields ans zombo

man, that a lot of talent that somehow figured out how to win WITHOUT bent fart

so in short, not at all the same teams favre left and a-ron won a super bowl with. those young guys had to have some growing pains
    That his claim has gone unchallenged surprised me too. When Brett said this, everyone thought he was nuts. Though McGinn did call this year.

No one knew who Ryan Grant was when Favre made his "most talented team" comment. In fact, while I am not sure of the dates, Grant was such a late preseason addition, Brett was likely complimenting Brandon Jackson as his starting RB. And this team had Junius Coston, Tony Moll and Aaron Rouse get starts.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Dammit. We should have ended it on Bretsky's post and locked the thread. We just never know when to stop, do we?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Did you hear the interview and detect bitterness in his voice? Favre is an awkward quote machine. It was likely just a gaffe.

Perhaps then Mr. Favre should explain why he did not win the Super Bowl with the Vikings, because that team too was better than any team he played on in Green Bay, including the Super Bowl teams and the team he last played on in 2007

From 2009:

"Physically, and from a talent level, this is the best team I've ever been on." That's what Brett Favre said a few weeks ago about his Minnesota Vikings..
    If Rodgers should have won it earlier, shouldn't Favre have won in 2009?

So Rodgers fell into it, and to believe Favre, it wasn't that big of an accomplishment. Yet, it (winning a Super Bowl) was something he didn't feel up to even with that supposedly loaded roster returning for 2008. By his own words, it was too much pressure for him. From his retirement interview:

"I know it shouldn't feel unsuccessful, but the only way to come back and make that be the right decision would be to come back and win a Super Bowl. And honestly, the odds of that, they're tough. Those are big shoes for me to fill, and I guess it was a challenge I wasn't up for. "
    So trying to win a Super Bowl in 2008 or 2009 was too tough for him, too much of a challenge for him with all his experience, but something that Rodgers should have stepped in and accomplished as a first or second year starter?

Truth be told, Favre saying that his current team was the best he had ever been on was virtually an annual event for many years in Green Bay. Favre also routinely talked about how difficult winning was in the NFL and that winning the Super Bowl was an extremely difficult task. For him to now degrade the 2010 team's accomplishment in anyway is simply the babblings of a bitter old fool, in my opinion.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post

I disagree. BF could do a lot of things to improve his image. Like answering the question this way, It was fun watching the Packers on the Super Bowl run last year. They really had a special group of players on that team. I spent 1X years playing my heart out for GB. No matter how my career ended spending that much time with a quality organization leaves a lasting mark. I will always follow the Packers in the media.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston