Page 443 of 531 FirstFirst ... 343 393 433 441 442 443 444 445 453 493 ... LastLast
Results 8,841 to 8,860 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Ted Thompson had to be careful not to make moves that would please that Packer GREAT or extend him as a Packer as the focus was on 'that players exit plan'. So it was to come and be until we come to 'the straw that broke the camels back'.Ted Thompson ensureing that Randy Moss went from Oakland to New England and not to Green Bay as a weapon for the possible prolonging of the Packer GREAT's career. Afterall that move or Randt Moss in Green and Gold would have certainly demonstrated support for 'that Packer GREAT' and that wasn't on the agenda.
    How did Randy and BF do in MINN together?
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I think you were the one who said history will repeat itself not me. I asked if you meant BF. I am not trying to do anything but clarify what your point above was.
    Again....

I'm not getting sucked into any discussion about a former Packer and NFL player (retired) and anything Donald Driver.

GO PACKERS !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Jumbo Rat HOFer

BF - 356/535 66.5% 4,155 Yards 7.8 YPA 28 TDs 15 INTs 95.7 Rating
    GBP - Offense 370.7 YPG #2 27.2 PPG #4

Those are amazing numbers for any team. Adding Randy Moss may have improved the team but not by much. We were a dominant offensive team in 2007. Also having Moss would have hurt the development of players like Greg Jennings and James Jones.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

BF - 356/535 66.5% 4,155 Yards 7.8 YPA 28 TDs 15 INTs 95.7 Rating
    GBP - Offense 370.7 YPG #2 27.2 PPG #4

Those are amazing numbers for any team. Adding Randy Moss may have improved the team but not by much. We were a dominant offensive team in 2007. Also having Moss would have hurt the development of players like Greg Jennings and James Jones.
    2007 Packers and Favre and Moss 92207) on the same side and NFC Chamopionship game Vs NY GIANTS would've trumped Packers and NO Randy Moss in terms of getting to 'the Show'. Randy Moss wouldn't have hurt Greg Jenning he would have opened things up for him or vice versa.

Yet that's moot as Ted Thompson failed to land Randy Moss and we'll therefore never know.

We're still off topic.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    2007 Packers and Favre and Moss 92207) on the same side and NFC Chamopionship game Vs NY GIANTS would've trumped Packers and NO Randy Moss in terms of getting to 'the Show'. Randy Moss wouldn't have hurt Greg Jenning he would have opened things up for him or vice versa.

Yet that's moot as Ted Thompson failed to land Randy Moss and we'll therefore never know.

We're still off topic.
    This is my last post related to this. I should know better than to "argue" with you.

It didn't matter who we had in the 2007 NFC Championship game at WR, BF couldn't hit the broad side of a barn that day. Get rid of the 90 yard TD to Driver and Favre's line is 18/34 for 146 1TD and 2INTs. Even when you add that pass BF's QB rating for the game was 70.7.

Randy Moss would have had ZERO impact on that game.

The only player who may have had a positive impact on the game was the GB backup QB. BF obviously didn't want to play in that game.
    Last edited by ThunderDan; 05-17-2012 at 11:26 AM.

-Tim Harmston

This is my last post related to this. I should know better than to "argue" with you.

It didn't matter who we had in the 2007 NFC Championship game at WR, BF couldn't hit the broad side of a barn that day. Get rid of the 90 yard TD to Driver and Favre's line is 18/34 for 146 1TD and 2INTs. Even when you add that pass BF's QB rating for the game was 70.7.

Randy Moss would have had ZERO impact on that game.

The only player who may have had a positive impact on the game was the GB backup QB. BF obviously didn't want to play in that game.
    "BF obviously didn't want to play in that game." ThunderDan

Dear lord and BF was known as an NFL QB that was prone to giving up.

Boy oh boy did you ever smoke yourself on that one.

I won't go to a prominant fellow members common response of 'NICE TRY'. Your not even remotely close to being correct man.

Your very funny though in your denial of what Favre was as our QB and entirely puzzling to me. I'll be thinking of you when Favre goes into the NFL HOF on the first ballot. Still shaking my head and laughing.

GO PACKERS !

Wait-n-See Rat All-Pro Smeefers's Avatar
    Hey, did you guys know you could bid to have your kid play football with Brett? Tha'd be pretty cool. If any of you guys win, I got a couple of his rookie cards I wouldn't mind getting signed. Maybe I could send em along with you?

www.charitybuzz.com/catalog_items/2934162

Quote Originally Posted by Smeefers View Post
    Hey, did you guys know you could bid to have your kid play football with Brett? Tha'd be pretty cool. If any of you guys win, I got a couple of his rookie cards I wouldn't mind getting signed. Maybe I could send em along with you?

www.charitybuzz.com/catalog_items/2934162
    Nice.

First prize: one afternoon playing catch and hanging out with #4.
    Second prize: two afternoons playing catch and (mostly) hanging out with #4.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    First prize: one afternoon playing catch and hanging out with #4.
    Second prize: two afternoons playing catch and (mostly) hanging out with #4.
    Repped.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Brett Favre and Mike McCarthy both looked looked like they got the word fr. head office to lay over like wet fish. Mike Mccarthy looked too numb and well Favre wasn't really there was he?

Packers Forever.
    http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...onship-Edition

Some guy named woodbuck27 had this to say right after the Packers lost to the Giants that night.

-Tim Harmston

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...onship-Edition

Some guy named woodbuck27 had this to say right after the Packers lost to the Giants that night.
    Ohh Boy. Can we get out the game tape and have a look. Brett Favre looked frozen (very very cold) with the ambient that day. He was in some sort of shock. Damn MM decided that for that weeks practice(s).

Just another week and 'of course' football in Green Bay means indoors. Holy shit !

Was MM instructed to be prudent with the budget? That the players didn't use too much tissue/cough syrup/mentholiptus. The temp. in Green Bay wasn't nice that week and it wasn't getting to better on gameday.

MM had to get the men outdoors for practise...to aclimatize them. Get them ready and today he would tell us he went to school over that boo boo. We'll have to wait for the Mike McCarthy papers.Out in print for us all to read sometime in the 2020's.

Brett Favre 'wasn't there'... refers to the fact he 'was never in that place' before. He had never felt such frigid conditions and the video certainly supports that. He was 'in shock' with the frigid temperature. I never saw him look so out of sorts.

Hey Bud. If I took your ass from the Swedish sauna to the cold Bay of Fundy in January. How would you stand up man?

and we're off topic Bud. I do admire your determination and your research capability ... impressive. (-:

GO PACKERS !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-17-2012 at 11:52 PM.

Senior Rat HOFer
    we're off topic Bud.

We became off topic when you started spouting off about the $20 million offer to Favre, and could we just give some of that to Driver now instead. Then something about history repeating itself. Not that I'd be incredibly pissed if it did.

How the hell do you personally derail a thread and then get pissed about the discussion being off topic? Woody, you ruined your own thread.
    Chuck Norris doesn't cut his grass, he just stares at it and dares it to grow

Quote Originally Posted by Gunakor View Post
    We became off topic when you started spouting off about the $20 million offer to Favre, and could we just give some of that to Driver now instead. Then something about history repeating itself. Not that I'd be incredibly pissed if it did.

How the hell do you personally derail a thread and then get pissed about the discussion being off topic? Woody, you ruined your own thread.

" How the hell do you personally derail a thread and then get pissed about the discussion being off topic? Woody, you ruined your own thread." ..... ' that MAN ' Gunakor.

Holy Mackeral ...I'm hardly pissed ... Willis. Your hilarious. (-: X 10.

Just guessing? Your married and never win any argument with your wife. That's never easy.

So being a compassionate person I'll bow to you Gunakor. You need to feel good for a change.

Picture me .......... bowing (forward).

GO PACKERS !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-18-2012 at 09:26 AM.

WTF, Fritz?!? Why'd ya hafta get this thread dumped in the GC?

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    WTF, Fritz?!? Why'd ya hafta get this thread dumped in the GC?
    Instead of nixing the thread I have just deleted the post. I get how it might be humorous but it was a stupid thing to do in the Packers area.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Instead of nixing the thread I have just deleted the post. I get how it might be humorous but it was a stupid thing to do in the Packers area.

That's a five clap admin move. Save the thread, lose the post.

I'd rep Mad, but I pretty sure he enjoys being red and underestimated.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

That's a five clap admin move. Save the thread, lose the post.

I'd rep Mad, but I pretty sure he enjoys being red and underestimated.
    You could always disapprove the post and write something nice in the comments...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

lol
    Draft Brandin Cooks WR OSU!

Wait-n-See Rat All-Pro Smeefers's Avatar
    Aww man, Now I don't know what everyone is talking about.