Page 445 of 531 FirstFirst ... 345 395 435 443 444 445 446 447 455 495 ... LastLast
Results 8,881 to 8,900 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Well Woodbuck let's get to the TRUTH then. I will start with a list of statements and we will decide if they are true or false. Maybe that way we can have some ground rules to argue by.

True or False (My answers in brackets):
    1. BF was the starting QB for the Packers for the 2007 NFC Championship game. (True)
    2. BF retired from the NFL. (True)
    3. The Packers stated that ARod was their starting QB for the 2008 season. (True)
    4. BF called the Packers and said he wanted to unretire. (True)
    5. MM and TT were ready to fly to MS to meet with BF regarding his position with the Packers. (True)
    6. BF called TT and said he was going to stay retired. (True)
    7. BF calls the Packers and says he wants to play. (True)
    8. MM tells BF that he has to compete for the starting QB position. (True)

Let's start with that and see what we come up with.
    This true and fase post though I appreciate the effort put forth in it is moot and off topic.

ThunderDan...Focus please on the status of Brett Favre Vs TT and MM... 'in terms of continued bad feeling' or NOT.

I assure you. To go on trying to establish that Favre has such bad feelings is a losing position ThunderDan. I'll advise you further.

Maybe? consider this Thunderdan.

It's not self gratifying when I certainly know I can back myself up. It might just be easier for you to save face by standing down. Your position 'will lose' for you.

I've been a teacher most of my life. A good teacher ensures that the student puts in the necessary effort towords arriving at the correct answer / response / TRUTH. The window of time to arrive at that TRUTH is from AQugust 2008 untill well today. fill your boots.

Find the TRUTH and don't expect me to spoon feed you that TRUTH. Are you familiar at all with martial arts? My way and methods are much derived from that.

I won't give to you what I worked so hard to find.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-20-2012 at 11:17 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I found my second person to add to the ignore list...

Quote Originally Posted by mission View Post
    I found my second person to add to the ignore list...

mission ....if your open minded 'you can' learn. You gain nothing by ignoring any part of this issue. All you demonstrate in that negative measure is your ignorance and all withstanding as a Packer fan. Especially that in terms of A Green Bay Packer great. Don't you really want to share the happiness with all of us that see 'for Brett Favre' as the Green Bay Packer QB even though he demonstrated his very humaness to us at times and therefore looked bad in so doing.

You might take the same position I proposed to Joemailman. It seems to me that you fellas need a tad more seasoning than some here before offering yourself up to broach this issue of arriving at the TRUTH.

Now here's a rather novel idea for you to consider mission. I invite you to join me. To take a unique approach towords enlightenment. To assist me in securing healing at Packerrats. To share in that ideal.

GO PACKERS !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-19-2012 at 10:47 AM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

An adaption of: Burning heart

Two worlds collide, rival camps
    So unnecessary 'A primitive clash'.
    Fans collide...seven years frustration
    Hope against hope ... so much at stake.
    Seems we duke it out. Honour against the ropes.
    No clear answer...No knockout blow.
    Does the crowd understand?
    Like North Vs South; man against man
    Can we be strong ... stand alone?

In the burning heart, just about to burst
    There's a quest for answers, an unquenchable thirst.
    In the darkest night, rising like a spire
    In the burning heart, the unmistakable fire.

In the warrior's code, there's no surrender.
    It's TRUTH alone ... the tallest member.
    A body screems 'STOP'... 'a SPIRIT' cries never.
    Deep in our soul ... 'a quiet ember'.
    Tis NOT me ... rather 'you Vs you'. Negative constant render.

You I challenge.
    Find TRUTH ... bring it together.
    No puzzle so strong ... no difficult task.
    The paradox drives on. OUR team needs us strong.
    A battle of wills ... the heat of attack
    A passion that kills... Vs. Victory.
    It's OURS ... OUR own.

In the burning heart ... about to burst.
    Lies a quest for answers ...unquenchable thirst.
    In the darkest night, rising like a spire.
    In the burning heart ... unmistakable fire.

GO PACKERS !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-19-2012 at 10:46 AM.

Wait-n-See Rat All-Pro Smeefers's Avatar
    I can't wait to pay scalpers price, just so I can go in and boo the shit out of the man along with half the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeefers View Post
    I can't wait to pay scalpers price, just so I can go in and boo the shit out of the man along with half the stadium.
    No response needed to that.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-19-2012 at 10:49 AM.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Is that post constructive?
    Yes are any of your rambling incoherent post constructive or just long?
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Woodbuck, considering that he's just put you on his ignore list, he can't really read your response, now can he? Obviously the point went right over your head that the Packers have made a genius PR move here. They threw an olive branch out with this hint of a suggestion. If Favre does not agree to it, then yes, he winds up looking like a baby whether you like it or not. But by making the first move, the team looks like the ones with no hard feelings, wouldn't you say?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy View Post
    Woodbuck, considering that he's just put you on his ignore list, he can't really read your response, now can he? Obviously the point went right over your head that the Packers have made a genius PR move here. They threw an olive branch out with this hint of a suggestion. If Favre does not agree to it, then yes, he winds up looking like a baby whether you like it or not. But by making the first move, the team looks like the ones with no hard feelings, wouldn't you say?
    Your sadly and again using pettiness to try and gain points MJ.

Bring me proof of what you substantiate. Ohh and MJ instead of brewing trouble as your seems so aspired to do. 'Who ignores who' adds nothing in terms of TRUTH and the question we will resolve inspite of your hatefulness. Frankly MJZiggy 'WHO IGNORES WHO ' is none of your business. Bringing that up makes you look really bad 'member' and seperastes you completely from the ideal I aspire to here.

MJ You often hold a cup that too often dribbles water. Isn't it best you just take a rest on this one for a change.

MJ.....How many wrongs does it take to defeat RIGHT?

By the way in case your 'confused again'...I'm right.

PACKERS FOREVER!
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-19-2012 at 10:45 AM.

Your sadly and again using pettiness to try and gain points MJ.

Bring me proof of what you substantiate. Ohh and MJ instead of brewing trouble as your seems so aspired to do. 'Who ignores who' adds nothing in terms of TRUTH and the question we will resolve inspite of your hatefulness. Frankly MJZiggy 'WHO IGNORES WHO ' is none of your business. Bringing that up makes you look really bad 'member' and seperastes you completely from the ideal I aspire to here.

MJ You often hold a cup that too often dribbles water. Isn't it best you just take a rest on this one for a change.

MJ.....How many wrongs does it take to defeat RIGHT?

is it your platform or business to comment on that? NO!

keep the useless remarks to yourself and only add something constructive not you8r penchant for
    To change the quote from Hamlet - the man doth protests too much - especially when it comes to Favre. Good lord, if some of us have no use for our previous QB why does that bother you so much??? You are still a fan. Bully for you. Don't preach to us if we feel differently.

The Packers offered an olive branch. Let's see how #4 responds.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    To change the quote from Hamlet - the man doth protests too much - especially when it comes to Favre. Good lord, if some of us have no use for our previous QB why does that bother you so much??? You are still a fan. Bully for you. Don't preach to us if we feel differently.

The Packers offered an olive branch. Let's see how #4 responds.
    Did the Packers offer 'an olive branch'? Has that offer been made concretely?

I do not see it that way Pugger.

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy View Post
    Woodbuck is one of the minority of fans who still think Favre was somehow wronged in this situation. If that's how he feels nothing any of us say will change his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Woodbuck is one of the minority of fans who still think Favre was somehow wronged in this situation. If that's how he feels nothing any of us say will change his mind.
    I believe there are many Packer fans like me that will stand up for Brett Favre. Not that I need such a support group as I'm capable of defending my positions.

This is all about TRUTH and the Packer side coming clean. All about more harmony and healing for Packer fans. About finally coming to grips with the deceit and manner in which Favre was deceived and manouevered.

Anyone who believes that the TT and MM side was all on the up and up is clearly and unmistakenly out to lunch. That aside I can assure y'all. Brett Favre has washed it all aside. He's over it and has moved on.

Brett Favre... sets himself aside from the pettiness of even Packer fans that post such clear nonsence on this forum. What is the main reason that we need to see the packer organization retire Favre's number. clearly it's so the organization can better ensure healing among Packer fans.

Re-Unite Packer Nation in terms of 'a resounding applause' for a TRUE Green Bay Packer 'GREAT'.

PACKERS !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-19-2012 at 10:44 AM.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Maybe you should stop telling people what they should be doing at Packerrats and worry about yourself Woody. Like making sure you keep all the Favre crap to one thread. I let your number retirement threrad have chance and it barely made it past the first page before turning into exactly why this thread is here.

Use better judgement next time and put Favre stuff in here. Stop trying to bully others or expect to be "correct".

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Maybe you should stop telling people what they should be doing at Packerrats and worry about yourself Woody. Like making sure you keep all the Favre crap to one thread. I let your number retirement threrad have chance and it barely made it past the first page before turning into exactly why this thread is here.

Use better judgement next time and put Favre stuff in here. Stop trying to bully others or expect to be "correct".

I'm not expecting to be correct Mad. I'm not bullying anyone. As Packerrats owner my humble advice. let it all come out in the wash. Do I need to worry about a position here 'as member' if I post to gain the honor this forum deserves? Is the democratic process alive in Packerrats?

RE: This matter and it's own thread.

I began it with a caution that it might be better contained within this thread. I left that up to your judgement Mad.

It's such a contentious topic 'in fact' I totally agree with placing this question in this thrad. It's a HOT button. It's better to isolate it in an open forum thread where the debate over this question can be isolated from other discussion.

Have a lovely weekend Mad.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Is the democratic process alive in Pckwerrats?

It's a HOT button.
    There is no such process here.

If you know it is a HOT button then that means you knew exactly what you where doing.

There is no such process here.

If you know it is a HOT button then that means you knew exactly what you where doing.
    No Mad I contend that because it's an obvious HOT BUTTON Issue that maybe it was best that it be placed in this thread and you've done so.

Thanks.

It's your position as owner of Packerrats that no democratic process exists here !? Does it comes down to whichever group has the most influence in terms of membership strength Vs the TRUTH.

Is that correct Mad? I'm not putting you on the spot here man and you need not respond.

I'm merely trying to understand 'as you say'... how to survive at Packerrsts. If under 'your terms' that's prudent.

On this issue of Favre and not getting over anything 2008. He was upset with the Packer organizations intent for him th retire from the game. Favre just came off a monster season in 2007. His team was 13-3 and 7-1 at Lambeau Field. He 'only' needed to know as he always did. In terms of was he needed in Green Bay as the starting QB.

Members here believe that TT and MM were entirely on the up and up with Favre and his future as the starting QB. I believe those members are deluded. Both sides made errors and so far all the criticism has been against Brett Favre.

Ted Thompson and MM remain mum in terms of not admitting when it was their decision to turn the starting QB reins over to Aaron Rodgers.There was absolutely nothing wrong with that decision. Clearly it was time for Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy to see Aaron Rodgers as our starting QB before Ted Thompson had to deal with the threat of losing Aaron Rodgers in Free Agency.

The deceit is in Ted Thompsons intent to not ever have to contend with Brett Favre as an opposing teams QB. There is where some members here lose touch with real or reality.

Brett Favre is a Pro. Brett Favre just came off a fantastic season in 2007. It was one of the finest seasons in his second decade as our starting QB. He was getting better with age it seemed. BF demonstrated he had plenty to give. For all the time and loyalty BF gave the Packers;

It wasn't Ted Thompson's place to try and control Brett Favre's life; decisions ' in anything ' football.

Ted Thompson traded Favre to the NY Jets for a draft pick. That decision made TT incumbant to suffer anything Vs the Packers in the future and Brett Favre the NFL QB.

After Favre left the NY Jets. and PLEASE.... The Jets didn't dump Favre as many of you have decided to believe.

The Minnesota Vikings came calling on Brett Favre to fill their need at the starting QB spot. He simply agreed and was doing what he always did. Exercise his human rights to enjoy playing football and geting paid very well for that. Tghe fact it was with 'the arch rivals ...the Minnesota Vikings and took his former team down isn't anything but what it was.

All of the above is true.

Brett Favre is a Pro QB and it's entirely his right to play his position whenever/wherever. The fact that he easily led the Vikings over the Packers in the 2009 season is just another chapter in Favre the Legend. The player shunned comes back to smash the team that shuned him. It comes with the territory in Pro Sports. It's not unusual.

Do 'YOU' (any member here) have a grasp of what Pro Sports is all about in terms of the question of 'LOYALTY'?

Why havn't y'all just handled the Brett Favre post NFC championship game Vs the NY GIANTS @ PACKERS Jan. 20. 2008 with 'a laugh to a shoulder shrug' !? why get so bent out of shape over an obvious Packer great? Has the decision to be that way..wise> I really no longer give a damn Packerrats.

I love my position. I've always taken 'the HIGH road'. (-:

GO PACKERS !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-20-2012 at 10:34 AM.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    On this issue of Favre and not getting over anything 2008. He was upset with the Packer organizations intent for him th retire from the game. Favre just came off a monster season in 2007. His team was 13-3 and 7-1 at Lambeau Field. He 'only' needed to know as he always did. In terms of was he needed in Green Bay as the starting QB.

Members here believe that TT and MM were entirely on the up and up with Favre and his future as the starting QB. I believe those members are deluded. Both sides made errors and so far all the criticism has been against Brett Favre.

Ted Thompson and MM remain mum in terms of not admitting when it was their decision to turn the starting QB reins over to Aaron Rodgers.
    There was absolutely nothing wrong with that decision. Clearly it was time for Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy to see Aaron Rodgers as our starting QB before he had to deal with the threat of losing Aaron Rodgers in free Agency.

The deceit is in Ted Thompsons intent to not ever have to contend with Brett Favre as an opposing teams QB.

Brett Favre is a Pro. Brett Favre just came off a fantastic season in 2007. BF demonstrated he had plenty to give some team. For all the time and loyalty BF gave the Packers it wasn't Ted Thompson's place to try and control Brett Favre's life; decisions in anything football.

Ted Thompson traded Favre tothe NY Jets for a draft pick. That decision made TT incumbant to suffer anything Vs the Packers in the future.

Wisely after Favre left the NY Jets. The Jets didn't dump Favre as many of you have decided to believe. The Minnesota Vikings came calling on Brett Favre to fill their need at the starting QB spot.

All of the above is true.

Brett Favre is a Pro QB and it's entirely his right to play his position whenever/wherever. The fact that he easily led the Vikings over the Packers in the 2009 season is just another chapter in Favre the Legend. The player shunned comes back to smash the team that shuned him. It comes with the territory in Pro Sports. It's not unusual.

Do 'YOU' (any member here) have a grasp of what Pro Sports is all about in terms of the question of 'LOYALTY'?

Why havn't y'aa just handled the Brett Favre post NFC championship game Vs the NY GIANTS @ PACKERS Jan. 20. 2008 with 'a laugh to a shoulder shrug'!? Why so intent on condemning a great Green bay Packer/ is it about him or about condemning woodbuck27/

I assure you of this. I can always back myself up. I believe I can back Brett Favre's position up as well. I'm not at all assured anymore if that's advisable....or necessary. I'm a Packerrat.

GO PACKERS !
    You missed the tiny little fact that he RETIRED and unretired, retired unretired and held a franchise hostage! Did you forget that? In you brain tumor induced tirades on this site did you ever see that he did that or is it revisionist history here? F you could get a staff job with Obama.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.