Page 448 of 531 FirstFirst ... 348 398 438 446 447 448 449 450 458 498 ... LastLast
Results 8,941 to 8,960 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    TT didn't make that offer, Murphy did.
    OK.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Are we still going over this fucking thing? It's amazing how there can be experts on something with they are only fed information from the media.

The first person here who can claim they were working in the Packers front office during the time can say what they think is fact. Everyone else is arguing conjecture, here say, and down right idiocy.

Let this shit be in the past where it belongs.

Wait-n-See Rat All-Pro Smeefers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Are we still going over this fucking thing? It's amazing how there can be experts on something with they are only fed information from the media.

The first person here who can claim they were working in the Packers front office during the time can say what they think is fact. Everyone else is arguing conjecture, here say, and down right idiocy.

Let this shit be in the past where it belongs.
    But... but... it's so much fun!

- Once again, adding absolutely nothing to the conversation.

Red face

I can't believe people still think that Favre has some giant secret on how the Packers screwed him but that he is only keeping it to himself.

Yes, the guy who went on Greta and was going to set the story straight and tell all about how he had been wronged. What were his complaints? That he couldn't play GM. That TT wouldn't sign Moss or bring in Mooch as coach. Boo fucking hoo.

The guy who had his family members speaking to the press for him. The guy who called the Lions out of nowhere to provide them with info about the Packers in hopes the Packers would lose. The same guy who told Urlacher "good luck and now go beat the Packers." The same guy whose family booked a block of 30 hotel rooms in April 2009 for the Packers-Vikings game that coming November, while he was still a member of the Jets.

Yes, I'm sure Favre has all kinds of dirt on MM and TT. He must just be too classy to make it public
    Go PACK

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    I was just like you Smeefers, until the Lacrosse team shoved a parking cone up my ass. Then I understood that no matter how many articles or blogs I wrote the Packers and every other professional sporting event was simply entertainment and being misserable for days or weeks because a team lost was a bit pathetic. What was even more pathetic was dry heaving in my friends driveway because I was so upset that the Packers lost in the NFC Title Game. There is a time to walk away, and then there is a time to run away and seek help. The parting of Favre from the Packers helped me see the light.

I was just like you Smeefers, until the Lacrosse team shoved a parking cone up my ass. Then I understood that no matter how many articles or blogs I wrote the Packers and every other professional sporting event was simply entertainment and being misserable for days or weeks because a team lost was a bit pathetic. What was even more pathetic was dry heaving in my friends driveway because I was so upset that the Packers lost in the NFC Title Game. There is a time to walk away, and then there is a time to run away and seek help. The parting of Favre from the Packers helped me see the light.
    My moment was 4th and 26.

Almost got in a fight with this dick who was needling me after the game (It didn't help he was hitting on my fiancee).

Did get into a fight with the fiancee, now wife (verbal, only).

A real WTF moment.

Blog Entries
    Let's go over this part again.

WTF are you talking about?

But.. but I'm not miserable for days and I don't throw up when they loose and I don't Threaten to beat people up. I just go "aww man..." and am maybe a little sad for a day or two (up to 3 days when we lost the SB in 97). But then ya bounce right back. It didn't even bother me all that much when we lost last year because...well, damn! 15-1, are you kiddin me!? I also get that me writing what I do here isn't going to change a damn thing. That's pretty elementary stuff. The only thing it is going to change is my perspective on the game. I come to this website to learn other view points and try to get a better understanding of the game. I mean, this topic doesn't have a lot to do with the game, but it's close enough for me.

So uh... what now? Hug it out?

Quote Originally Posted by Smeefers View Post
    But.. but I'm not miserable for days and I don't throw up when they loose and I don't Threaten to beat people up. I just go "aww man..." and am maybe a little sad for a day or two (up to 3 days when we lost the SB in 97). But then ya bounce right back. It didn't even bother me all that much when we lost last year because...well, damn! 15-1, are you kiddin me!? I also get that me writing what I do here isn't going to change a damn thing. That's pretty elementary stuff. The only thing it is going to change is my perspective on the game. I come to this website to learn other view points and try to get a better understanding of the game. I mean, this topic doesn't have a lot to do with the game, but it's close enough for me.

Ok.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

This is the emotional part of the game. Brett Favre is still the biggest news story in Wisconsin. He is the most polarizing figure in Wisconsin sports' history, and the next time he says anything it will immediately be picked up and reported by the Wisconsin news media. He gave an interview this fall before he did a broadcast for the Southern Miss game, and every single word was pull apart and analyized for hidden meanings, and slights.

What I don't get, if you are so easy going about actual losses that happen on the field, then why are you still so bent out of shape about Favre? When was the last time Favre impacted a loss for the Packers?

This is the emotional part of the game. Brett Favre is still the biggest news story in Wisconsin. He is the most polarizing figure in Wisconsin sports' history, and the next time he says anything it will immediately be picked up and reported by the Wisconsin news media. He gave an interview this fall before he did a broadcast for the Southern Miss game, and every single word was pull apart and analyized for hidden meanings, and slights.

What I don't get, if you are so easy going about actual losses that happen on the field, then why are you still so bent out of shape about Favre? When was the last time Favre impacted a loss for the Packers?
    Seems to me you and Woody are really the only ones still bent on Favre. Everyone else would like to let it rest. Hard to do with the amount of trolling though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Seems to me you and Woody are really the only ones still bent on Favre. Everyone else would like to let it rest. Hard to do with the amount of trolling though.
    Don't you have something to moderate?

Just because I don't jump to extremes, it doesn't mean I'm not emotionally attached to what happened. No matter how I try to come up with an explanation, I can't figure out how to explain to you why I'm more upset about Favre than I am over the loss of a single game. Favre played for us for 15 years, was the heart of the team and there was the messiest divorce in sports history between him and our team. And then there's that one game we played. It's just so very small in comparison.

Just because I don't jump to extremes, it doesn't mean I'm not emotionally attached to what happened. No matter how I try to come up with an explanation, I can't figure out how to explain to you why I'm more upset about Favre than I am over the loss of a single game. Favre played for us for 15 years, was the heart of the team and there was the messiest divorce in sports history between him and our team. And then there's that one game we played. It's just so very small in comparison.

"Favre played for us for 15 years, was the heart of the team" Smeefers

You're right Smeefers ! He demonstrated 'just that again' in his last game wearing the Green and Gold. A win or a loss. Should it all be read in just one play? If that was the case why ever watch a game live or on the tube. You better and as well might simply read about it in the sports section of your local newspaper.

Some of us football fans actually look at a football game in a much more concientious manner. Well ..... we watch the game.

If you look honestly at Favre's last game as a Packer. Favre's last play led to the eventual loss. Yet throughout that last game Brett Favre was the heart and soul and the BEST chance we had for a win over the New York GIANTS. Brett Favre was always our teams BEST Chance for a win. He was all that again on Jan. 29,2008 at Lambeau Field, inspite of so much against him.

In that game the GIANTS owned us again. It's looking like a habit. In that loss to the GIANTS we had the ball on offense for 'only' 22:34 Vs the Giants 40:01. At one point Brett Favre was on the sideline waiting to get a snap for 'a duration of 37 minutes' in extreme cold.

( -3 C degress with a wind chill of -22 ).

Eli Manning shook off conditions that were about as extreme as any in NFL history. He repeatedly put the Giants in position to win in the third-coldest championship game ever. It was so cold that sideline TV commenter Pam Oliver informed us that the heaters on the sidelines were virtually trumped by the extreme cold.

Favre came out of the blocks looking very sharp considering that his HC refused to recognize the impacy of playing the bigges game of the season in extreme conditions. Inspite of the fact he was obviously very cold. Brett Favre passed very well. At about the three quarter point of the 2nd quarter Favre showed us the GREATNESS of Favre. Favre got us into the dressing room at the half up 10-6.

Do you forget Favre's brilliant play-fake that sprung tight end Donald Lee free in the back of the end zone for a 12-yard TD reception and a 17-13 lead in the 3rd quarter?

Do you forget that Brett Favre staged yet another 4th quarter comeback and the game was tied 20-20 in regulation?

Our total offfense was 264 yards. 236 yards through the air and 'only' 28 yards rushing on 14 carrys.

Do members forget the poor effort put forward by our defense? That all day we observed Al Harris being owned by Plaxico Burris.

Time after time the announcers reminded us that Packer HC Mike McCarthy failed to recognize that Al Harris needed support to double team Burris. Do y'all recall that?

Did you observe CB Charles Woodson caught out of position missing tackles and falling to the ground. Don't you recall the penalty's imposed on our defense in crucial situations? Maybe y'all should review that game.

When Plaxico Burris was the decoy Eli Manning utilized the skills of WR Amani Toomer. Time after time Eli Manning put his team into position to dominate our team on the scoreboard. Only to see the Giants kicker Lawrence Tynes miss 2 normally automatic FG attempts of under 40 yards. The football was frozen.

Do you forget that on that day our leaders on defense were Corey Williams and KGB? Don't you recall Both along with Brett Favre soon to be expelled from Green Bay. Whatever 'our best' on that day did ....... it obviously wasn't enough.

On another note I have to comment on this silly stuff some of you delight in making fools of yourselves over.

It's funny how members here STOOP TO POSTING that members like myself should cash in our Green Bay Packer LOYALTY CARDS and support another NFL team. Why is that? Is it because some of us actually watch footnall games? Because we watch Packer games and not just the scoreboard. Because we don't just watch the football?

RE: member Deputy Nutz and believe this this member doesn't need my support Vs some of the most ignorant of you. It's my honest observation that by far 'most of the members at Packerrats' cannot hold a candle to Deputy Nutz's football knowledge nor his dedication to teaching that knowledge to youths and even his loyalty to Packerrats as he so willingly has donated his free time to this site with excellent knowledge and sharing that.

GO PACKERS !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Billy Madison Quote modified...
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Totally Billy Madison, which is just a damn fine movie.

In loser denial....

I really don't want to hear about, or from, Brett Favre until he is inducted in the NFL Hall of Fame. Is that too much to ask?
    </delurk>

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker64 View Post
    I really don't want to hear about, or from, Brett Favre until he is inducted in the NFL Hall of Fame. Is that too much to ask?
    On a Packer fan site? Probably. I think the Packers will try to patch things up with Favre before then, so you'll be hearing about him.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Just tell Nutz you're impressed by how enlightened he's become by not being a Packer fan anymore, and everything will be fine.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen