Page 453 of 563 FirstFirst ... 353 403 443 451 452 453 454 455 463 503 553 ... LastLast
Results 9,041 to 9,060 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    I find it entertaining to listen to Packer fan complain about Favre only winning "ONE" Super Bowl. Greedy Fucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Favre only won one Super Bowl...Trent Dilfer can say that!
    and ... your point would be? How many NFL players would cherish that one Super Bowl ring?

That doesn't impress you, I'm guessing.

It's good that you didn't have the names Favre and Dilfer in one sentence in the context that you raise.

and that raises this:

How many total yards did Trent Dilfer pass for? Take Favre's record for total yards and subtract the difference. Impressed!?

Do the same with total receptions;total TD's, total wins; 4th quarter comebacks....

on and on and on it goes ...you get the message. (-:

Impressed or 'in denial'?
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-11-2012 at 10:28 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Well to be fair let's look at some numbers that the benchwarms put up when off the Packers.

Mark Brunnell 2,761/4,640 32,072 yards 184 TDs 108 INTs 84.0 Rating 15 Rushing TDs 19 seasons
    Aaron Brooks 1,673/2,963 20,261 yards 123 TDs 92 INTs 78.5 Rating 13 Rushing TDs 8 seasons
    Matt Hasselbeck 2,891/4,797 33,150 yards 194 TDs 142 INTs 82.2 Rating 8 Rudhing TDs 13 seasons

Brett Favre 6,300/10,169 71,838 yards 508 TDs 336 INTs 86.0 Rating 14 Rushing TDs 20 Seasons

Aaron Rodgers 1,381/2,113 17,366 yards 132 TDS 38 INTs 104.1 Rating 16 Rushing TDs 7 seasons

Looking at the numbers the 2 things that jump out are:
    1. ARod's 3.47 TDs to INT ratio. No one in the group is even close
    2. BF's games played, yardage, TDs and INTs.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Mark Brunnell had 15 rushing touchdowns??? I never would have guessed that. Favre sure had some world class backups.

I think Arod mught have a decent list of backups in the making as well, starting with Flynn.
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Well to be fair let's look at some numbers that the benchwarms put up when off the Packers.

Mark Brunnell 2,761/4,640 32,072 yards 184 TDs 108 INTs 84.0 Rating 15 Rushing TDs 19 seasons
    Aaron Brooks 1,673/2,963 20,261 yards 123 TDs 92 INTs 78.5 Rating 13 Rushing TDs 8 seasons
    Matt Hasselbeck 2,891/4,797 33,150 yards 194 TDs 142 INTs 82.2 Rating 8 Rudhing TDs 13 seasons

Brett Favre 6,300/10,169 71,838 yards 508 TDs 336 INTs 86.0 Rating 14 Rushing TDs 20 Seasons

Aaron Rodgers 1,381/2,113 17,366 yards 132 TDS 38 INTs 104.1 Rating 16 Rushing TDs 7 seasons

Looking at the numbers the 2 things that jump out are:
    1. ARod's 3.47 TDs to INT ratio. No one in the group is even close
    2. BF's games played, yardage, TDs and INTs.
    Hi ThunderDan:

I looked at Aaron Rodgers passing numbers and **averaged them over the past four seasons. Considering he has a long career to age 40 or 11 more seasons.

How do Aaron Rodgers numbers add up? If ** the average of those numbers is extended throughout his career (or 15 years)?

a) Passing attempts = 7695

b) Completions = 5055

c) total yards = 63,735

d) TD's = 495 ( Amazing !)

e) Picks = 135

I realize that's optimistic thinking but those numers are extraordinary.

Have a great weekend Man.

GO PACKERS !
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Hi ThunderDan:

I looked at Aaron Rodgers passing numbers and **averaged them over the past four seasons. Considering he has a long career to age 40 or 11 more seasons.

How do Aaron Rodgers numbers add up? If ** the average of those numbers is extended throughout his career (or 15 years)?

a) Passing attempts = 7695

b) Completions = 5055

c) total yards = 63,735

d) TD's = 495 ( Amazing !)

e) Picks = 135

I realize that's optimistic thinking but those numers are extraordinary.

Have a great weekend Man.

GO PACKERS !
    Out of curiosity....why do you always use ****, and what does it mean in your posts?
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark View Post
    Out of curiosity....why do you always use ****, and what does it mean in your posts?
    Good Day HowardRoark:

I use an *asteric* (one or more) depended on the need of useage in a particular post... as a form of cross referencing within the post.

That comes from my career as a technical guy. I spent many years in the CANDU Nuclear POWER Industry. I've a Degree in Technolgy Ed. and taught mathematics, statistics and science. I wrote many reports.

It's a habit. (-:

Have a great weekend.

GO PACK GO !

GO PACKERS !

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I spent many years in the CANDU Nuclear POWER Industry.]
    Thanks my Canadian friend....this expalins everything.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    You guys remember MOBB DEEP? Ha.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    I find it entertaining to listen to Packer fan complain about Favre only winning "ONE" Super Bowl. Greedy Fucks.
    Whats wrong with one Superbowl? Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning have one each.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    You guys remember MOBB DEEP? Ha.
    Yeah I do. He was hella cool and always had something to add. Luckily Brandon has filled the Black power agenda in his absence.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark View Post
    Thanks my Canadian friend....this expalins everything.

INDEED!

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Yeah I do. He was hella cool and always had something to add. Luckily Brandon has filled the Black power agenda in his absence.
    He?

Shit, I thought Mobb was a chick.....

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    No Spark.

There are two songs.

1. Don't Mention My Name In Sheboygan

2. Mention My Name In Sheboygan (sung by the Everly's)

I'm talkin' about Don't Mention My Name In Sheboygan. It's an old (20's or so) vaudeville hit that was the number 1 song in the country. This is before record's were widely sold. we used to hit an old derlict bar in sheboygan after fishing on L Michigan. We'd buy the locals beer and get 'em to sing and dance to that song. they all knew the words by heart. I can still see that one old guy dancing and singing a toothless shuffle to that tune.

Joint had killer brats, delicious fried fish, ridiculously cheap beer, and of course, great ambiance.
    I just closed my eyes and tried to imagine what a toothless shuffle is...and by gosh, I think I figured it out! Dick Clark will be crowing about it on American Bandstand next week! (too soon? nah)
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Whats wrong with one Superbowl? Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning have one each.
    Nothing is wrong with just one super bowl but all those stats really boil down to Super Bowl Wins...look at Marino stat god but not in the top 5 of a lot of lists because of rings.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

So then comparing Favre to Marino is like comparing apples to pears.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    No kidding right! Wish it was more, but hell it was a fun ride. Arod is going to be a fun ride as well, its just different for me I'm quite a bit older now and well I haven't spent the last decade happy with a .500 record and a chance at the playoffs! Yep I'm spoiled now!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Nothing is wrong with just one super bowl but all those stats really boil down to Super Bowl Wins...look at Marino stat god but not in the top 5 of a lot of lists because of rings.
    Thats funny. I saw Marino ranked above Favre in this thread.

The reality is those stats boil down to is fun, for us the fans. Plus those stats always meant there was a chance. IMO as Favre got older he got more desperate to get back to the big dance and that reflected in his gut wrenching plays. Rodgers is a different type and might not let his emotions get the best of him as JH has mentioned on here several times.

I disagree, if Rodgers manages to play until he is 38 and still hasn't gotten back to a Super Bowl he will press. It is called fading glory and athletes will do anything and try anything to attain another championship. Look how clutch Favre was in the 1990s, and then he felt he was running out of chances and went on tilt in big games.

If Rodgers doesn't do this it will again reflect my disappointment in him.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    He?

Shit, I thought Mobb was a chick.....
    Random thoughts on an early Saturday morning and inspired by the above post:

YOU thought whaaaaaaat !? That one of our 'most manly men MOBB DEEP' was whaaaaaaat! A female member ? HOLY COW !

I immediately thought.... that's really something...really amazing. Until I enjoyed another cup of coffee and began to examine it. Suddenly it came to me. Like a flash of light ! One of thos ephanys.

Ohh yes ! I get you. Well at least I came up with this:

It's rather strange to be posting here for years with the same people and suddenly realize that member isn't a guy ! SURPRIZE ! * That member is 'in fact' a woman.* It's one of those BIG .... WOW FACTORS..... on yaa like a dense fog !

In that particular case I've just realized my error. The poster that I imagined was a male is 'in fact' a male. There was at least one instance when I was cofused. I believed the poster was a man with 'the writing style of the poster' my only way of determining such and 'in fact' the poster was a female.

That has a certain ...Ohh WOW! factor.

On the topic of female posters at Packerrats. SAM JONES LOVE them all:

Women are rather challenged at times and that never seems to end. Especially so in a male oriented and dominated environment. Yet women members here get total satisfaction and eqality... par excellence. Prejudice or male domination...whaaaaaat ?

That 'isn't the case here at Packerrats'. Where membership sexual status is an unknown. Thus never a factor in terms of any respect or honor. Newer members might write 'whatever' to a female member and insult that member and 'the Packerrats lawyer nazi' has a viable defense for the innoscent new member. You don't need to treat (any member for that fact special) and 'a Lady like a Lady' when:

a) sexual status isn't a subject of a members profile.

b) A few of the female posters here act more manly then 95% of the men that even desire to be considered as manly.

Cont'd: Part Two of 'Random thoughts on an early Saturday morning 12 May 2012'.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-12-2012 at 09:50 AM.