Page 453 of 531 FirstFirst ... 353 403 443 451 452 453 454 455 463 503 ... LastLast
Results 9,041 to 9,060 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuck him

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Fuck him
    THIS! the asshole just needs to be ignored.

I hope he declines. If he does come he'll become the focus and it should be about Holmgren and his induction into the Packer HOF.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I hope he declines. If he does come he'll become the focus and it should be about Holmgren and his induction into the Packer HOF.
    I agree with you 100% pugger.

I think you guys have it all wrong. If he declines, that will be a bigger story than if he is present. He should be there, and I expect he will be.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Gazette reporting that Bus apparently didn't return the Committee's call.

Stay Classy, Bus. Stay Classy.

I think the opinions of people who weren't in the Packers organization during the Favreageddon of the summer of 2008 are pretty irrelevant when it comes to how the Packers organization should deal with Favre.

TT, MM, or Favre has to make the first move if there's going to be a reconciliation, what Bob Harlan or Mike Sherman thinks about this is pretty irrelevant.
    </delurk>

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker64 View Post
    I think the opinions of people who weren't in the Packers organization during the Favreageddon of the summer of 2008 are pretty irrelevant when it comes to how the Packers organization should deal with Favre.

TT, MM, or Favre has to make the first move if there's going to be a reconciliation, what Bob Harlan or Mike Sherman thinks about this is pretty irrelevant.
    I have a feeling it will be TT who starts the conversation. The man has no ego. He does everything for the betterment of the team. Hell, we won the Super Bowl and he lets Murphy carry the trophy and he just stands behind everyone on the podium.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I have a feeling it will be TT who starts the conversation. The man has no ego. He does everything for the betterment of the team. Hell, we won the Super Bowl and he lets Murphy carry the trophy and he just stands behind everyone on the podium.
    It's also possible that TT just plans on retiring before he really has to deal with it, and just leave the Favre mess for the next guy.

It's entirely likely that Favre won't really be welcome back at Lambeau until both TT and MM have moved on, unless Favre extends an olive branch (or tree, or grove) first.
    </delurk>

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker64 View Post
    It's entirely likely that Favre won't really be welcome back at Lambeau until both TT and MM have moved on, unless Favre extends an olive branch (or tree, or grove) first.
    Lurker, I like your posts, and I often notice new angles in them that make me think.

But this last post presupposes that TT and MM are the parties being difficult and that Favre is the one who will need to make extraordinary efforts to overcome hostility of the TT regime.

Is that really what you mean and you and I are that far apart on a reading of the motivations and actions between the Packers and the Favres?

#thanksted
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    Lurker, I like your posts, and I often notice new angles in them that make me think.

But this last post presupposes that TT and MM are the parties being difficult and that Favre is the one who will need to make extraordinary efforts to overcome hostility of the TT regime.

Is that really what you mean and you and I are that far apart on a reading of the motivations and actions between the Packers and the Favres?

#thanksted
    I take it as they could care less if Favre is in the PHOF or not so they arent going to make a big effort to make it happen.

This thread will be truly impressive if we can get it to 10,000 posts before the Hall of Fame or his jersey retirement with no filler. Such as posts about the post count.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

he might end up in the nfl hof before he's in the Packers Hall of Fame. when he is allowed in, it won't be pretty. i'll bet the boos out weigh the cheering. if he knows what's good for him he'll stay away and save himself the embarrassment. would be funny if everyone sat on their hands, quiet. with just a smattering of cheering from the crowd when he's introduced.

Thompson's retirement could very well be on Favre's radar, but these grudges do not always end well or when they are supposed to.

Bradshaw is still mad at the Steelers over the end of his career. He used to blame Noll and the training staff for pushing him to play while hurt and too soon after surgery, but they are all gone now. Despite a few rapprochements, the last comments I heard indicated Bradshaw still considers himself estranged.

Its the damnedest thing too, as unlike Favre who wanted a second title, Bradshaw had no more to gain. 4 Super Bowl wins pretty much remove you from criticism (he also has an AP MVP award). There is something about the former Steelers QB that seems unhappy about his career. He is also still mad about insults to his intelligence when he was a young player.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Thompson's retirement could very well be on Favre's radar, but these grudges do not always end well or when they are supposed to.

Bradshaw is still mad at the Steelers over the end of his career. He used to blame Noll and the training staff for pushing him to play while hurt and too soon after surgery, but they are all gone now. Despite a few rapprochements, the last comments I heard indicated Bradshaw still considers himself estranged.

Its the damnedest thing too, as unlike Favre who wanted a second title, Bradshaw had no more to gain. 4 Super Bowl wins pretty much remove you from criticism (he also has an AP MVP award). There is something about the former Steelers QB that seems unhappy about his career. He is also still mad about insults to his intelligence when he was a young player.
    I think Bradshaw has always felt that the Steelers never fully appreciated or respected him. He was a 5 year vet, and they tried to replace him as a starter with Joe Gilliam. I don't think he ever got over that. For most of his career, the media portrayed Bradshaw as a mere cog in the machine driven by the defense and the running game. Even in the passing game, Swann and Stallworth were portrayed as flawless, Bradshaw as the country rube who chucked it up in their general direction. The team did nothing to try to change the public's image of Bradshaw. Bradshaw has commented to the effect that the team didn't back him in those matters.

Personally, I think Bradshaw was a good leader and a tough SOB who fit the Steeler mold quite well at the time. As for his QB skills ... just so-so, but with a very strong arm. In spite of the HOF and other awards, I don't think he ever performed individually as well as he wanted to or thought he could have, and in the twisted logic common among pro athletes, he blames the organization for not being viewed as the greatest QB ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I think Bradshaw has always felt that the Steelers never fully appreciated or respected him. He was a 5 year vet, and they tried to replace him as a starter with Joe Gilliam. I don't think he ever got over that. For most of his career, the media portrayed Bradshaw as a mere cog in the machine driven by the defense and the running game. Even in the passing game, Swann and Stallworth were portrayed as flawless, Bradshaw as the country rube who chucked it up in their general direction. The team did nothing to try to change the public's image of Bradshaw. Bradshaw has commented to the effect that the team didn't back him in those matters.

Personally, I think Bradshaw was a good leader and a tough SOB who fit the Steeler mold quite well at the time. As for his QB skills ... just so-so, but with a very strong arm. In spite of the HOF and other awards, I don't think he ever performed individually as well as he wanted to or thought he could have, and in the twisted logic common among pro athletes, he blames the organization for not being viewed as the greatest QB ever.
    Bradshaw might never have flourished in today' offenses. He did not play in a manner that made you think he could be precise with a 3 and 5 step drop passing game. Of course, I am sure he would argue that with the right coaching, he could have done anything. I tend to think of his skills as pretty good, but he was a throwback compared to Joe Montana. He had more in common with Namath and Fouts and Fouts got to run an entirely different kind of offense.

But as a fan whose team was a victim of Bradshaw more times than I care to remember, he was more than fully capable of taking advantage of new passing rules in 1978. I don't remember the cog in the machine kind of coverage, but I was reading one group of writers seeking to deify an entire team (Pittsburgh) and another group (Cleveland) wondering how the hell the Browns had allowed the worst franchise in the league to surpass them. Neither group was busy denigrating Bradshaw by the time I was reading them.

With 2 Super Bowl MVPs (and the AP MVP) coming in the years where his passing sustained the team far more than rushing or defense (even the vaunted Steel Curtain wasn't as good as the pass offense in 77, 79 and 80), its not like he lacked for attention over his accomplishments. I have little doubt however, that this latter career recognition never erased the sting of previous doubts. It also might help explain why he was so downcast about not being able to continue his career in the 80s.

Nearly forgot about Gilliam, though I do remember Bradshaw was back as QB by the Super Bowl and threw all of ten times in that game (vs Vikings?).

I blame Packerrats for me not being considered the greatest poster ever.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I blame Packerrats for me not being considered the greatest poster ever.
    It's really Brett's fault. If it wasn't for all the energy being put into this thread I'm sure there would be an equally long thread posted for your greatness. The universe could only handle one thread like this and he beat you out.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

I think you're onto something. It's all Brent's fault.

I want to be released so I can sign on with the Vikings' board.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I think you're onto something. It's all Brent's fault.

I want to be released so I can sign on with the Vikings' board.
    You would never endanger your legacy. I won't believe it until Rastak drives you to the Minneapolis Applebees for a simple conversation, and if the Packerrats playbook happens to come up in that conversation...it wouldn't really be tampering.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.