Page 455 of 563 FirstFirst ... 355 405 445 453 454 455 456 457 465 505 555 ... LastLast
Results 9,081 to 9,100 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Eugene Levy did a good Floyd the Barber on SCTV,
    but you can't really improve on perfection:

Quote Originally Posted by channtheman View Post
    Woodbuck's posts have been getting more fucked up lately.
    Do I need too post to please you? I hope not.

I'll take this post by you channtheman... as 'a constructive criticism' without the constructive which makes it 'a criticism' that's unconstructive and as a result therefore .... not helpful.

I challenge you as a fellow member here to realize we need your help in making Packerrats a wonderful place to visit and enjoy as a Green Bay Packer fan. I'd really like to please you but that's not always going to be the case.

If my posts annoy you it's so simple:

I ask you to consider the IGNORE option . As your fellow member and Packer fan. I wish you a positive experience at Packerrats.

I'll add this and I'm sure you've heard it before but one must not assume anything.I'm here to be 'a friend...helpful'.

I learned a long time ago and sometimes I forget it too channtheman. (-:

If you havn't something positive or nice to say.

Park it. Don't post useless. That's NOT helpful.

We need 'all hands on board' to make Packerrats the very best and I believe ' it will be '. Join me in ensuring that please. I believe you will.

GO PACKERS !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy View Post
    I think, honey, that the only way to jack it now would be to talk about Favre in it.
    My goodness the last thing anyone here should do at this time is to post anything Brett Favre.

I mean that's like 'tossing a flaming zippo in a very dry forest'... in July.

Really destructive.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Most sports forums have very few women posters. Most of the women I know don't care about sports so I visit sites like this so I can 'talk sports' about the Pack and the Crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Most sports forums have very few women posters. Most of the women I know don't care about sports so I visit sites like this so I can 'talk sports' about the Pack and the Crew.
    Pugger I've loved sports since I was 10 years of age. Growing up and being a guy it's what you did. You hopefully had the athleticism and entusiasm needed to make the sports teams in school and in the community.

You also talked sports and we had the livliest good humoured discussions and it was so much fun. There was never any competition or any Alfa Male Dick swinging BULLSHIT contests like we sometimes get at Packerrats. We rendered one another with a heaping serving of decency and mutual respect or you didn't fit. You received respect for the right NOT wrong reasons.

You act negative or aggressive and that got you in over your head in the wolf pack environment I was a part of.

Pugger Your contribution here in my observation is positive and in a good and proper spirit. Your a model poster IMO.

You can be a member of my Wolf Pack any day you have the time.

GO PACKERS !

Thanks Woody. I do like being one of the guys. I was always a tomboy even if I wasn't all that athletic. I went to an all-girls catholic high school back in GB (St. Joseph Academy to you more mature GB natives) so I didn't have a lot of opportunities to participate in sports back then. But because I grew up Packerland it was natural for me to be a football fan even if a lot of my female peers did not.

Thanks Woody. I do like being one of the guys. I was always a tomboy even if I wasn't all that athletic. I went to an all-girls catholic high school back in GB (St. Joseph Academy to you more mature GB natives) so I didn't have a lot of opportunities to participate in sports back then. But because I grew up Packerland it was natural for me to be a football fan even if a lot of my female peers did not.
    Nice.

I envy all you Packerrats that have lived so close to Lambeau Field. I can't imagine the thrill it would be for me to ever enter 'the Shrine of football'.

GO PACKERS !

I went to an all-girls catholic high school back in GB (St. Joseph Academy to you more mature GB natives).
    Hopefully not this far back......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Quote Originally Posted by Brando19 View Post
    Dude...do you smoke weed and type exactly what you're thinking?
    I think it's more along the lines of "ignore the prescribed meds and type exactly what comes to your mind...."

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mike View Post

WOW! I was 'only' five years old back then and surely Pugger can't be older than me.

I just retired and I'm 65 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post

Eugene Levy did a good Floyd the Barber on SCTV,
    but you can't really improve on perfection:

Fixed.

I think it's more along the lines of "ignore the prescribed meds and type exactly what comes to your mind...."
    lol...that must be it.

No, 1973.

Quote Originally Posted by Brando19 View Post
    lol...that must be it.

LOL You fellas keep guessing. Whatever spills your milk.

No, the Packers were intent on forcing that player to REMAIN retired. If Donald retires and then tries to come back but thumbs his nose at competing for his old job then the situations will be similar.

That former Packer wasn't retired. That former Packer player was frustrated beyond belief with his team's GM Ted Thompson. That former Packer player felt that his GM was constantly tumping his nose at hi in terms of getting him the weapons he needed to win another Super Bowl where 'of course' he strongly was determined to do so or in Green Bay. That former Packer GREAT. Felt he ws being disrespected by his GM and I simply view that as a fact or the TRUTH in terms of my observation and analysis.

This is a thread totally dedicated to the respect of one Packer player and his name is clearly Donald Driver. I'll not debate again what's so obviously true. Yet for those who didn't get it. Here's how I saw / see it.

Ted Thompson was hired to faze out Brett Favre after the way he handled himself (and that was poorly) in the playoff Vs Minny (2004 Season Playoff's) the year before Ted Thompson was brought in 9225) to replace GM Mike Sherman.

That move clearly reflected the writing on the wall as far as 'that Packer Great' and his future in Green Bay. His time was near up.

Ted Thompson needed to first fill his BIG shoes. Ted Thompson got fortunate and Aaron Rodgers feel to him in his foirst draft as our GM. The course was obviously set for that Packer GREAT's departure. This was going to be a delicate matter as that Packer Great was stil the NFL Icon.

Ted Thompson had to be careful not to make moves that would please that Packer GREAT or extend him as a Packer as the focus was on 'that players exit plan'. So it was to come and be until we come to 'the straw that broke the camels back'.Ted Thompson ensureing that Randy Moss went from Oakland to New England and not to Green Bay as a weapon for the possible prolonging of the Packer GREAT's career. Afterall that move or Randt Moss in Green and Gold would have certainly demonstrated support for 'that Packer GREAT' and that wasn't on the agenda.

That Packer GREAT got piss'd. What a player handled by his same agent not acquired by Ted thompson especially after he endorsed 'the Packers' acquiring him. Impossible to believe. That Packer Great just wasn't gettin it yet. I'm positive if you placed yourself in that players shoes you might want to choke Ted Thompson. Ohh he was that close to attaining one of the supreme talents at WR in NFL history and blew it on terms related to length of contract. What 'a fricken' joke. If anyone here bought that then please don't inform me of your gullibility.

That takes us to my term 'Shadow Ally'.

I believe that Ted Thompson and Bill Bilichick are Shadow Ally's. That they've formed a pact to serve one another. Debt owed (Randy Moss) debt payed. We just saw that payment on behalf of Bill Belichick and it's over the top so obvious.

If you observed this past draft carefully and scratched your head over how TT moved up to the bottom of round 2 to secure CB Casey Hayward for his late 3rd Rd. pick. Virtually stole that trade up with one of the slyest GM's in the game.

If you or anyone else here at Packerrats scratced your head over that manouver and judged Bilichick as getting duped by 'the genious', Ted Thompson.

You and anyone else havn't been paying attention to the TRUTH. You havn't got it to REAL and Tede Thompson. Our teams GM is way to obvious to this Packer fan.

GO PACKERS !

GO PACKERS !

Senior Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    That former Packer wasn't retired.

Chuck Norris doesn't cut his grass, he just stares at it and dares it to grow

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Ted Thompson had to be careful not to make moves that would please that Packer GREAT or extend him as a Packer as the focus was on 'that players exit plan'. So it was to come and be until we come to 'the straw that broke the camels back'.Ted Thompson ensureing that Randy Moss went from Oakland to New England and not to Green Bay as a weapon for the possible prolonging of the Packer GREAT's career. Afterall that move or Randt Moss in Green and Gold would have certainly demonstrated support for 'that Packer GREAT' and that wasn't on the agenda.
    How did Randy and BF do in MINN together?
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Gunakor View Post
    That was simply extreme frustration Sir.

That Packer Great was slow to get it. I believe 'finally' he was coming to grips that his time in Green Bay was about over if not finally 'just that' or OVER. He always ended each season and sometime before the next said that he wanted to be assured that the Green Bay Packer organization fully repected him or wanted him to lead the Packer offense as the starting QB in the next season.

I ask you to simply try to place yourself in his place. Ask yourself a fair question:

Can you imagine the frustration after observing 'the absolutely Monstrous season' that Randy Moss just had in New England?

If you were the Packer QB would having Randy Moss in the lineup possibly have been a bonus or served your needs to produce more offense Vs the NY GIANTS in that NFC championship game? If your memory is short and I hope not. Randy Moss had 98 receptions for 1493 yards (15.2 avg) and 23 TD's for the Pat's in 2007. How many WR's had a better regular season in NFL history?

Do you think 'that fact' ... of Moss's Monster season. Had no influence on that Packer QB?

I do not need to look at that video. I will NOT ever forget the emotion demonstrated in that video. I believe we saw exreme frustation demonstrated there without anger. We rather saw 'raw frustration'. That simply and often takes some time to heal. Often a Pro gets there and reloads with a reborn positiveness in time he/she recovers or gets back the competitive juices.

The man in that video was the consummate competitor and gifted Pro athlete. He and his attitude on the field in terms of his contribution towords wining football games was what football is all about.

That man was and wil always remain SPECIAL and we were blessed to see him play for so long and by far overall make our team competitive in all his seasons in Green Bay except one. That's just too obviously 'the TRUTH'.

I'll remind you this thread is about another Green Bay Packer GREAT. Donald Driver.

GO TT and 'please' respect Donald Driver.

GO PACKERS !

Senior Rat HOFer
    That was simply extreme frustration Sir.
    Yes it was. And he was still retired.

Now I'll remind you that it was you who introduced Brett Favre to this thread in the first place, and let it go.
    Chuck Norris doesn't cut his grass, he just stares at it and dares it to grow

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I think you were the one who said history will repeat itself not me. I asked if you meant BF. I am not trying to do anything but clarify what your point above was.
    Again....

I'm not getting sucked into any discussion about a former Packer and NFL player (retired) and anything Donald Driver.

GO PACKERS !