Page 455 of 531 FirstFirst ... 355 405 445 453 454 455 456 457 465 505 ... LastLast
Results 9,081 to 9,100 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It's really weird to me to imagine if he'd actually stayed retired after that 13-3 surprise season. He'd be worshipped in Green Bay, with all kinds of "what ifs" and wondering what might've happened if only he'd have come back for one more year. People would have been sad and wistful and loved him for his dedication, for stepping out while near the top of his game, for his love for Green Bay. He would have been seen as a hero, a guy who overcame a prescription drug and alcohol addiction, who overcame his father's death, who settled down and became a family man. He would have been beloved.

But I suppose I've fucked up many, many times in my life, made poor decisions. Luckily I'm not in the spotlight.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    It's really weird to me to imagine if he'd actually stayed retired after that 13-3 surprise season. He'd be worshipped in Green Bay, with all kinds of "what ifs" and wondering what might've happened if only he'd have come back for one more year. People would have been sad and wistful and loved him for his dedication, for stepping out while near the top of his game, for his love for Green Bay. He would have been seen as a hero, a guy who overcame a prescription drug and alcohol addiction, who overcame his father's death, who settled down and became a family man. He would have been beloved.

But I suppose I've fucked up many, many times in my life, made poor decisions. Luckily I'm not in the spotlight.
    He couldn't walk away, he felt he was so close to winning a championship, and he couldn't let it go. He loved winning, he loved the cheers, and he loved the game. He was addicted and like so many other addictions you don't stop them until your body shuts down on itself. He wasn't concerned with his legacy, or at least the expectations that other people had for his legacy. 20 years of stardom and living as everyone else's hero and poster boy, and saint and sinner people have their opinions some of them fair, but regardless of spectrum most of them are now ridiculous. He still can't take a shit without Packer Fan commenting on it, and making it the talk of their sports day.

Geriatric Rat All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    He couldn't walk away, he felt he was so close to winning a championship, and he couldn't let it go. He loved winning, he loved the cheers, and he loved the game. He was addicted and like so many other addictions you don't stop them until your body shuts down on itself. He wasn't concerned with his legacy, or at least the expectations that other people had for his legacy.
    That's exactly how I felt before I left competitive Jarts forever.

He still can't take a shit without Packer Fan commenting on it, and making it the talk of their sports day.
    You had a good post going...Just can't help but troll I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    You had a good post going...Just can't help but troll I guess.
    Fuck you. I listen to sports talk radio all fucking day long, and all last week the biggest talk on the dial was Favre's interview with Deion, and whether or not he was going to go Holmgren's induction. So ya, I am right.

He still can't take a shit without Packer Fan commenting on it, and making it the talk of their sports day.
    Fuck you. I listen to sports talk radio all fucking day long, and all last week the biggest talk on the dial was Favre's interview with Deion, and whether or not he was going to go Holmgren's induction. So ya, I am right.
    Oh, so what they were really talking about were an event and a topic instigated and promoted nationally by the media. That doesn't really prove your point that fans hang on every little thing he does.

He's gone from a god to a caricature, so sure, people will still talk about him if he is brought up as a subject. Doesn't mean they really care all that much about his routine matters.

When the dumb ass comes out in a national interview and basically says he couldn't care less whether GB retires his number or not (whether he really means that or not), of course people will talk about it, and anything related to it. Those aren't really bowel movement type activities.

Personally, I think Murphy and everyone associated with the Packers should stop talking about the # retirement thing, and if asked they should simply say, "That is a matter for future consideration."

Fuck you. I don't listen to sports talk all day long and I'm a Packer fan. So lumping 6 whining fucks together, that called into a talk radio show, means all Packer fans? Thats some fucking sound logic there trolly trollerson. You could have left that last sentence off your post entirely and it would have been a really good post. Instead you had to drop it in knowing it would get a reaction. I.E. trolling.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    He couldn't walk away, he felt he was so close to winning a championship, and he couldn't let it go. He loved winning, he loved the cheers, and he loved the game. He was addicted and like so many other addictions you don't stop them until your body shuts down on itself. He wasn't concerned with his legacy, or at least the expectations that other people had for his legacy. 20 years of stardom and living as everyone else's hero and poster boy, and saint and sinner people have their opinions some of them fair, but regardless of spectrum most of them are now ridiculous. He still can't take a shit without Packer Fan commenting on it, and making it the talk of their sports day.
    While I'm not going to go back through the whole thread, I think it wasn't until your post at number 9,412 that BF's shit was mentioned or commented on.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Zool, I would like to know exactly which section of my post you determined to be a cheap shot. Because I can come up with "cheap shots" that are ten times worse. I seriously don't know why you decided to get this worked up and start shit over this one post when I have flamed Packer fan a 100 times worse than anything that could have been taken as a cheap shot in the above post. regardless what I say on this topic you find a reason to call me out, you act like a bitch. you want to be the holy protector of Packer fan, fine but I will start calling you out like the bitch that you are. You want to start a flame war with me go ahead, but please pick a post where I have actually taken a cheap shot.

Here I will give you something so you can actually get worked up,

"95% of the Packer fans in the state of Wisconsin are low life, Starter apparel wearing, booger eating slobs, that can hardly read. The only thrill they get is to get drunk on cheap, shitty beer and make racist remarks towards any and all black players regardless if they screw up or make a great play. These are the same fans that can only name two Packers, Aaron Roger, and Brett Favre, and then call him Bert Favre like they are the first witty bastard to come up with it, even though they saw it on a shirt at their local Walmart. Hey Packer fan, Stonewashed jeans went out of fashion 20 years ago. It is bad enough that Packer fan goes ballistic every time the Packers lose a game(blamed on the black players of course) but do they need to choke their daughters, and kick their dogs?

See those things I just wrote are what I would call cheap shots, talking about what interests Packer fan is not. I can't believe you honestly find a lack of truth with my quoted post and if you did, then you are very ignorant and out of touch with Green Bay Packer fans interests and concerns.

Zool, I would like to know exactly which section of my post you determined to be a cheap shot. Because I can come up with "cheap shots" that are ten times worse. I seriously don't know why you decided to get this worked up and start shit over this one post when I have flamed Packer fan a 100 times worse than anything that could have been taken as a cheap shot in the above post. regardless what I say on this topic you find a reason to call me out, you act like a bitch. you want to be the holy protector of Packer fan, fine but I will start calling you out like the bitch that you are. You want to start a flame war with me go ahead, but please pick a post where I have actually taken a cheap shot.

Here I will give you something so you can actually get worked up,

"95% of the Packer fans in the state of Wisconsin are low life, Starter apparel wearing, booger eating slobs, that can hardly read. The only thrill they get is to get drunk on cheap, shitty beer and make racist remarks towards any and all black players regardless if they screw up or make a great play. These are the same fans that can only name two Packers, Aaron Roger, and Brett Favre, and then call him Bert Favre like they are the first witty bastard to come up with it, even though they saw it on a shirt at their local Walmart. Hey Packer fan, Stonewashed jeans went out of fashion 20 years ago. It is bad enough that Packer fan goes ballistic every time the Packers lose a game(blamed on the black players of course) but do they need to choke their daughters, and kick their dogs?

See those things I just wrote are what I would call cheap shots, talking about what interests Packer fan is not. I can't believe you honestly find a lack of truth with my quoted post and if you did, then you are very ignorant and out of touch with Green Bay Packer fans interests and concerns.
    You've historically taken cheap generalized shots in this thread and others. Now you're indignant about it? You know who you are, and I guess everyone else does too. You can get all internet tough I guess. Have at it. You're the only one here acting like a bitch.

I once got a jart stuck in my mouth, I walked away from the game at 11 years old.

If he wanted another ring why did he quit on a team that was an INT in overtime away from a SB XLII berth?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    If he wanted another ring why did he quit on a team that was an INT in overtime away from a SB XLII berth?
    I think this is a damn good question. If he really couldn't walk away because he wanted to try for one more ring, why didn't he go to MM and TT and say, "Look, I know you think your boy is ready, but I want one more try for the ring. I'm coming back for one more shot, and after that, I'll let go and you can move on. Whaddya say?"

Speaking of Brent, I've heard his turds were legendary in the locker room for their length and girth, unlike other aspects of Brent.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I believe that trolling is what is keeping this thread going more than anything. I give Nutz credit for his part of trolling in a historic (histronic?) thread.

You guys are getting this thread way off track. I thought we were supposed to be (figuratively) dissecting Brent's poop.

KYPack

Speaking of Brett....a recent story...

A few years ago Brett ordered a custom made golf cart from a small business in a small town in Iowa. No idea how he found out about the business. The owner made the cart and decided to deliver it in person. His best friend (Bubs) was a huge Favre/Packer fan and he asked him to make the trip with him. They drove to Mississippi with his custom made golf cart and fully expected to be greeted at the gate by the grounds-keepers to drop of the cart. Instead they were greeted by Brett, who invited them in. He showed them around his estate and they spent the day with him BSing.

The business owner and Brett had contact a couple times over the next 3 years. About a year ago his friend, Bubs, was diagnosed with a brain tumor. After all cancer treatment had expired and the end was near, the business owner contacted Brett with a special request. He asked that he travel to this Iowa town to visit his friend Bubs. Brett and Deanna didn't hesitate and made the visit. Bubs died 2 weeks later.

Bubs was a business owner as well...he owned a popular sports bar. That was where Brett visited him and was there about 4 hours. Anyone that showed up could get an autograph and a pic with he and Bubs. It's a cool story and there was no lime-light, CNN or any high profile people talking about it.....just a random act of kindness for practically a stranger.

Brett's business decisions were that.... business decisions. Sure there was bitterness and animosity on BOTH sides and that happens in business. I'm sure we've all seen it. Why it was taken to extreme by fans, I don't know. He's made some mistakes over the years .....like all of us. Our mistakes are just not out there for the world to see. His visit to a dying man that I personally knew was pretty special for him and his family. I think there's still a lot of good in old Brett!

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007 View Post
    Speaking of Brett....a recent story...

A few years ago Brett ordered a custom made golf cart from a small business in a small town in Iowa. No idea how he found out about the business. The owner made the cart and decided to deliver it in person. His best friend (Bubs) was a huge Favre/Packer fan and he asked him to make the trip with him. They drove to Mississippi with his custom made golf cart and fully expected to be greeted at the gate by the grounds-keepers to drop of the cart. Instead they were greeted by Brett, who invited them in. He showed them around his estate and they spent the day with him BSing.

The business owner and Brett had contact a couple times over the next 3 years. About a year ago his friend, Bubs, was diagnosed with a brain tumor. After all cancer treatment had expired and the end was near, the business owner contacted Brett with a special request. He asked that he travel to this Iowa town to visit his friend Bubs. Brett and Deanna didn't hesitate and made the visit. Bubs died 2 weeks later.

Bubs was a business owner as well...he owned a popular sports bar. That was where Brett visited him and was there about 4 hours. Anyone that showed up could get an autograph and a pic with he and Bubs. It's a cool story and there was no lime-light, CNN or any high profile people talking about it.....just a random act of kindness for practically a stranger.

Brett's business decisions were that.... business decisions. Sure there was bitterness and animosity on BOTH sides and that happens in business. I'm sure we've all seen it. Why it was taken to extreme by fans, I don't know. He's made some mistakes over the years .....like all of us. Our mistakes are just not out there for the world to see. His visit to a dying man that I personally knew was pretty special for him and his family. I think there's still a lot of good in old Brett!
    Packer fan doesn't want to hear about the nice things Favre does for other people, according to Packer fan he probably just does these things to boast his own image and impress himself with all the good stuff he does. Packer fan knows he does far more harm to mankind than he does good. Packer fan knows.
    Last edited by Deputy Nutz; 07-29-2012 at 12:26 AM.

It's all one big drama.

The way this thing went down couldn't have gone any worse for either side.

For the Packers, they wanted to pay the guy 20 million dollars to go away. They wanted to keep that golden goose, laying little *Packer for life) eggs for decades to come. Favre went to Minnesota. The fans turned their backs on him and now the Packers lose out on a bunch of cash they could have had if Favre had just gotten in line and done what they wanted him to do.

For Favre, he had a team ditch him in favor of Aaron Rodgers. I think in one of the interviews he cried when he said they were just doing it for Aaron. I don't remember the exact context, but he was friggin hurt. He had a bunch of reactions, on TV, that made him look bad. Then he went on to toss a horrible interception against the Saints and the Packers went on to be the most successful team over the last 4 years.

Horrible guy? Nope
    Horrible time for all sides to come together? Yep

The Packers don't need Favre in any way. right now. Fans are enjoying the run and the Packers are making millions. In a few years, if the Packers have a little drought, that would be a good time to capitalize on some big Favre ceremonies, sell some Favre jerseys and memorabilia. . . .

There's no reason for Favre to march into GB right now with a bunch of fans who will boo him. Ron Wolf used to say we won't appreciate Favre until he's gone. As it turns out, we might not appreciate Favre until Aaron Rodgers is gone. Then, when the Packers aren't on top of the world, people might want to look back at the good old days, when Favre was ripping it up, rather than focusing on how Favre betrayed them.

We loved watching him play. For me it was about 12 of his 16 years here. For most, it was all 16. But still, he was a lot of fun to watch and it would be fun to look back at those big plays and celebrate his career. For Favre, I imagine it would feel good to get that gratitude from the fans and the team.

Sure seems like a good time to let this shit die. Sometimes I read a Driver article where he says "The Packers mean a lot to me and I mean a lot to them. I'm going to retire a Packer." Driver doesn't mean it to come off this way, but it comes off like he's loyal and Favre is not. It just shows how much the Favre thing affected me. I suspect others read that in too. Then AR says he's going to retire when he doesn't love the game enough to show up for the offseason work. Now that one, I think that one is a direct example of Aaron learning "what not to do" from Favre. From my perspective, it fortifies the opinions I had when Favre wasn't showing up. . . . . On my end, it's not a closed book yet. I don't think it is for a lot of people, including Favre and some of the leaders in the Packers (namely AR and MM) TT seems cold as ice. I don't think he gives a shit one way or the other.
    Last edited by RashanGary; 07-29-2012 at 12:20 PM.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Sometimes I read a Driver article where he says "The Packers mean a lot to me and I mean a lot to them. I'm going to retire a Packer." Driver doesn't mean it to come off this way, but it comes off like he's loyal and Favre is not. It just shows how much the Favre thing affected me. I suspect others read that in too. Then AR says he's going to retire when he doesn't love the game enough to show up for the offseason work. Now that one, I think that one is a direct example of Aaron learning "what not to do" from Favre. From my perspective, it fortifies the opinions I had when Favre wasn't showing up. . . .
    I would not read into Driver's statement the way you did. I would image most guys on the present roster would say that if asked...can't bite the hand that feeds you.

Remember, talk is cheap. It's easy to utter those words when things are going your way and there is no end in site (Rodgers). They can't predict exactly what they would do if they were in Favre's situation, just like no one here could ....until you walk in someone else's shoes....wouldn't the world be a much better place if we all practiced that before making random statements, especially the statements meant to spite or degrade others?

Cool

007, I was more saying, fans draw a contrast still. 4 or 5 years later, it's still an issue for fans. Whenever a player talks about doing something opposite of what Favre did, it reminds me of him. I think other fans probably do the same thing.

What the heck is it with you Favre fans coming back for training camp anyway

This is fun time, damn it!!

But yeah, Favre still has an impact with Packer nation. Always will. He was a big part of our era of football. That won't go away.

My son likes this dude and this dude
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.