Page 459 of 563 FirstFirst ... 359 409 449 457 458 459 460 461 469 509 559 ... LastLast
Results 9,161 to 9,180 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I took that Packerrats out of the bottom of the post.

Dont try to make it look like you are signing off on what Packerrats opinion is. Use your own name and discuss your own opinion not what you think others are suppose to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Your hand is rags and you know it. Fuck Favre and I would care less if AR took number 4 right now it would be fitting that 4 incher got replaced by a truly great QB.
    WOW ! Nothing anyone could do with that attitude.

A sincere...'Good Luck' with that man. You'll need it.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    I took that Packerrats out of the bottom of the post.

Dont try to make it look like you are signing off on what Packerrats opinion is. Use your own name and discuss your own opinion not what you think others are suppose to be.
    Understood.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Thats right, when you are in checkmate you cant do shit.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Thats right, when you are in checkmate you cant do shit.
    LOL x 10 be patient Tony. My hand is solid. It's my contention that I don't have to keep up with your side. (-:

I believe that sooner that you may imagine the Packers organization will support the healing. I really don't give 'a Jackshit' what you haters feel.

Hate away.

GO PACKERS !

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Why dont you cheer for the Vikings or Jets or some other team 4-inch disgraced. The Packers Organization already is in the lead as far as PR except from the fringe brain damaged like you...
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    It's time you get it to the TRUTH and not to something you continue to corrupt this forum with in terms of the legacy that Brett Favre deserves.
    Well Woodbuck let's get to the TRUTH then. I will start with a list of statements and we will decide if they are true or false. Maybe that way we can have some ground rules to argue by.

True or False (My answers in brackets):
    1. BF was the starting QB for the Packers for the 2007 NFC Championship game. (True)
    2. BF retired from the NFL. (True)
    3. The Packers stated that ARod was their starting QB for the 2008 season. (True)
    4. BF called the Packers and said he wanted to unretire. (True)
    5. MM and TT were ready to fly to MS to meet with BF regarding his position with the Packers. (True)
    6. BF called TT and said he was going to stay retired. (True)
    7. BF calls the Packers and says he wants to play. (True)
    8. MM tells BF that he has to compete for the starting QB position. (True)

Let's start with that and see what we come up with.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    I predict it will be a loooong time before the Packers retire #4, not because management hates Favre but because Favre's animosity toward TT would not allow him to participate in any retirement ceremony. What would it take to bring Favre back to Lambeau as a Packer whose number is being retired? TT, MM and Murphy would have to crash and burn first, and get replaced by a new adminstration that has no connection to the current one. Not gonna happen for a long time.
    Isn't it time we finally clean the rumours and lies up at Packerrats RE: Brett Favre? Do so with some sence of humility and decent respect for one another here?

To establish the TRUTH as it exists today. To allow this Packer Forum Home to heal as it justly deserves instead of wallowing in needless animosity over a Packer GREAT.

My advice....THINK. Do you need to take on the challenge that I propose below?

hoosier you have every opportunity to back up your claims in the above. Until you do your post means 'Jackshit'. I don't believe you can supply positive proof to support that Favre continues feeing animosity over anything TT and / or MM or Murphy.

Please offer this forum ** your proof or humble yourself and stop posting nonsence.

This isn't about debate of animosty among members here. This isn't about attacking 'the poster'. This is about backing yourself up in terms of your post. This is 'about healing at Packerrats' and that's bigger than any member here.

** I do not believe you can do so in terms of the post above. Back yourself up or pleae recognize that your attitude isn't healthy for you in terms of the legacy that Brett Favre so richly deserves.

Thanks for your time. Have a Super weekend. We are enjoying a long weekend here in Canada.

GO PACKERS !
    Woody, did you notice that I began my post with the words "I predict"? You ramble on about "supplying positive proof" when we are discussing what is in someone's soul. Sorry, postiive proof doesn't go there. But I do have a pretty solid basis for my speculations, beginning with the retirement fiasco, continuing with the Gretchen interview, the offer to share game book knowledge with the Lions, going to the Vikings because he wanted to stick it to TT. How much more do you need before you conclude that Bert was on a vendetta until the wheels fell off?

On second thought, getting draft picks signed so quickly and limiting OTAs has cut down on 365 day-a-year Packer news. Formerly, the only dead period was June.

I knew I didn't like the last CBA.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Smeefers, Tony Oday, Thunderdan, you are all very big losers. You don't play the game, you sit on your ass every Sunday with your foam fingers and your smedium Rodgers' jerseys on, hoping like hell you don't have to kick your dog when the team loses. You did the same thing when Favre was the QB and you will do the same thing another decade from now when Rodgers is retired, and I am sure you will all find a reason to hate him as well.

Carry on arguing with Woodbuck, refuse to let him get the last word in and enjoy your summer arguing with him.

carry on, losers.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I think Favre needs to make his peace with Ted Thompson while Thompson is still with the Packers. If he waits until Thompson is gone and then says "Hey everybody, I'm back!", he'll get a lot of one finger salutes. Most of the fans will come around if Favre and Thomson heal the rift, but the decision is Favre's. He has to bury the hatchet.
    "I think Favre needs to make his peace with Ted Thompson" Joemailman

TRUE or FALSE

Brett Favre has clearly stated that it was his feeling that if there were bad feelings in 2008 when his time as a Packer was over that all bad feelings between himself and Ted Thompson were over or resolved. There were no longer any bad feelings that they both had moved on.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Smeefers, Tony Oday, Thunderdan, you are all very big losers. You don't play the game, you sit on your ass every Sunday with your foam fingers and your smedium Rodgers' jerseys on, hoping like hell you don't have to kick your dog when the team loses. You did the same thing when Favre was the QB and you will do the same thing another decade from now when Rodgers is retired, and I am sure you will all find a reason to hate him as well.

Carry on arguing with Woodbuck, refuse to let him get the last word in and enjoy your summer arguing with him.

carry on, losers.
    Owwww...poor Nutz. He feels slighted that his hero is being attacked.

The reality is,as I have stated all over this website. I loved BF being our QB. He is a first ballot HOFer. His off-field 2008 position and post-Packer behavior is what pisses me off. And the mis-remembering of what really happened by BF "fans".

BF played like shit in the NFC Championship game against the Giants. That is the truth. He looked like he didn't want to be there. Woodbuck talks about BF being a wet fish that game. Then remarkably 4 years later BF was in the game the whole way. I will call BS on that anytime I want. No need to embelish what BF did or didn't do.

If the Packers trade Rodgers away during his career in the NFL and Rodgers turns around and pisses all over the Packers I will "hate" that also. If the Packers trade/release ARod and he responses like Kampman or Al Harris I will continue my "love" for ARod.

Yes on Sundays I sit on my couch or at Lambeau and watch the Packer games. Just like you do and everyone else on this website.

Sorry I don't have an ARod jersey. In fact I don't own any jerseys. I own Packer gear becasue players come and go in this era of the NFL. I was hoping to buy a Finley jersey if we got a long-term contract done but we didn't. The team is more important than the players eventhough the players win the games for the team.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    TRUE or FALSE

Brett Favre has clearly stated that it was his feeling that if there were bad feelings in 2008 when his time as a Packer was over that all bad feelings between himself and Ted Thompson were over or resolved. There were no longer any bad feelings that they both had moved on.
    At what time did BF say this and do you have a source? I need to know at least the timing before I can answer the question.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Owwww...poor Nutz. He feels slighted that his hero is being attacked.

The reality is,as I have stated all over this website. I loved BF being our QB. He is a first ballot HOFer. His off-field 2008 position and post-Packer behavior is what pisses me off. And the mis-remembering of what really happened by BF "fans".

BF played like shit in the NFC Championship game against the Giants. That is the truth. He looked like he didn't want to be there. Woodbuck talks about BF being a wet fish that game. Then remarkably 4 years later BF was in the game the whole way. I will call BS on that anytime I want. No need to embelish what BF did or didn't do.

If the Packers trade Rodgers away during his career in the NFL and Rodgers turns around and pisses all over the Packers I will "hate" that also. If the Packers trade/release ARod and he responses like Kampman or Al Harris I will continue my "love" for ARod.

Yes on Sundays I sit on my couch or at Lambeau and watch the Packer games. Just like you do and everyone else on this website.

Sorry I don't have an ARod jersey. In fact I don't own any jerseys. I own Packer gear becasue players come and go in this era of the NFL. I was hoping to buy a Finley jersey if we got a long-term contract done but we didn't. The team is more important than the players eventhough the players win the games for the team.
    Rodgers played like shit against the Giants in the past post season. The team played like shit, same goes for the NFC Championship game, but nobody talks about the shitty run game, nobody talks about the shitty defense that night, they talk about Favre. That game should have been over in the 4th quarter but the Giants kicker kept missing field goals.

Favre didn't play well, he knew he didn't play well and that game messed him up emotionally, in fact the whole season messed him. He went through a lot, and then after the season the Packers wanted an answer from him about retirement. I think he thought he was done, you don't give a press conference like that if you don't think you are going to retire.

I think specifically the Packers wanted Favre to retire and ride off into the sunset. They were finished with him on the field but they didn't want to deal with the fan backlash and lets be honest Favre had the right to call his shot, he just called it 3 seasons too early.

It was a mess, I have my feelings, but it is over. I am happy to leave it like that, I don't hold a grudge, it is funny that Packer fan still does.

I'm available to hold your jacket if there is going to be a beat down.

I am a tough guy. Tough guys don't wear jackets, just really bad ass Affliction T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Maybe you should stop telling people what they should be doing at Packerrats and worry about yourself Woody. Like making sure you keep all the Favre crap to one thread. I let your number retirement threrad have chance and it barely made it past the first page before turning into exactly why this thread is here.

Use better judgement next time and put Favre stuff in here. Stop trying to bully others or expect to be "correct".
    On this issue of Favre and not getting over anything 2008. He was upset with the Packer organizations intent for him th retire from the game. Favre just came off a monster season in 2007. His team was 13-3 and 7-1 at Lambeau Field. He 'only' needed to know as he always did. In terms of was he needed in Green Bay as the starting QB.

Members here believe that TT and MM were entirely on the up and up with Favre and his future as the starting QB. I believe those members are deluded. Both sides made errors and so far all the criticism has been against Brett Favre.

Ted Thompson and MM remain mum in terms of not admitting when it was their decision to turn the starting QB reins over to Aaron Rodgers.There was absolutely nothing wrong with that decision. Clearly it was time for Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy to see Aaron Rodgers as our starting QB before Ted Thompson had to deal with the threat of losing Aaron Rodgers in Free Agency.

The deceit is in Ted Thompsons intent to not ever have to contend with Brett Favre as an opposing teams QB. There is where some members here lose touch with real or reality.

Brett Favre is a Pro. Brett Favre just came off a fantastic season in 2007. It was one of the finest seasons in his second decade as our starting QB. He was getting better with age it seemed. BF demonstrated he had plenty to give. For all the time and loyalty BF gave the Packers;

It wasn't Ted Thompson's place to try and control Brett Favre's life; decisions ' in anything ' football.

Ted Thompson traded Favre to the NY Jets for a draft pick. That decision made TT incumbant to suffer anything Vs the Packers in the future and Brett Favre the NFL QB.

After Favre left the NY Jets. and PLEASE.... The Jets didn't dump Favre as many of you have decided to believe.

The Minnesota Vikings came calling on Brett Favre to fill their need at the starting QB spot. He simply agreed and was doing what he always did. Exercise his human rights to enjoy playing football and geting paid very well for that. Tghe fact it was with 'the arch rivals ...the Minnesota Vikings and took his former team down isn't anything but what it was.

All of the above is true.

Brett Favre is a Pro QB and it's entirely his right to play his position whenever/wherever. The fact that he easily led the Vikings over the Packers in the 2009 season is just another chapter in Favre the Legend. The player shunned comes back to smash the team that shuned him. It comes with the territory in Pro Sports. It's not unusual.

Do 'YOU' (any member here) have a grasp of what Pro Sports is all about in terms of the question of 'LOYALTY'?

Why havn't y'all just handled the Brett Favre post NFC championship game Vs the NY GIANTS @ PACKERS Jan. 20. 2008 with 'a laugh to a shoulder shrug' !? why get so bent out of shape over an obvious Packer great? Has the decision to be that way..wise> I really no longer give a damn Packerrats.

I love my position. I've always taken 'the HIGH road'. (-:

GO PACKERS !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-20-2012 at 10:34 AM.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    On this issue of Favre and not getting over anything 2008. He was upset with the Packer organizations intent for him th retire from the game. Favre just came off a monster season in 2007. His team was 13-3 and 7-1 at Lambeau Field. He 'only' needed to know as he always did. In terms of was he needed in Green Bay as the starting QB.

Members here believe that TT and MM were entirely on the up and up with Favre and his future as the starting QB. I believe those members are deluded. Both sides made errors and so far all the criticism has been against Brett Favre.

Ted Thompson and MM remain mum in terms of not admitting when it was their decision to turn the starting QB reins over to Aaron Rodgers.
    There was absolutely nothing wrong with that decision. Clearly it was time for Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy to see Aaron Rodgers as our starting QB before he had to deal with the threat of losing Aaron Rodgers in free Agency.

The deceit is in Ted Thompsons intent to not ever have to contend with Brett Favre as an opposing teams QB.

Brett Favre is a Pro. Brett Favre just came off a fantastic season in 2007. BF demonstrated he had plenty to give some team. For all the time and loyalty BF gave the Packers it wasn't Ted Thompson's place to try and control Brett Favre's life; decisions in anything football.

Ted Thompson traded Favre tothe NY Jets for a draft pick. That decision made TT incumbant to suffer anything Vs the Packers in the future.

Wisely after Favre left the NY Jets. The Jets didn't dump Favre as many of you have decided to believe. The Minnesota Vikings came calling on Brett Favre to fill their need at the starting QB spot.

All of the above is true.

Brett Favre is a Pro QB and it's entirely his right to play his position whenever/wherever. The fact that he easily led the Vikings over the Packers in the 2009 season is just another chapter in Favre the Legend. The player shunned comes back to smash the team that shuned him. It comes with the territory in Pro Sports. It's not unusual.

Do 'YOU' (any member here) have a grasp of what Pro Sports is all about in terms of the question of 'LOYALTY'?

Why havn't y'aa just handled the Brett Favre post NFC championship game Vs the NY GIANTS @ PACKERS Jan. 20. 2008 with 'a laugh to a shoulder shrug'!? Why so intent on condemning a great Green bay Packer/ is it about him or about condemning woodbuck27/

I assure you of this. I can always back myself up. I believe I can back Brett Favre's position up as well. I'm not at all assured anymore if that's advisable....or necessary. I'm a Packerrat.

GO PACKERS !
    You missed the tiny little fact that he RETIRED and unretired, retired unretired and held a franchise hostage! Did you forget that? In you brain tumor induced tirades on this site did you ever see that he did that or is it revisionist history here? F you could get a staff job with Obama.

So let me get this right, he retired from the packers, then unretired from the packers, then retired again, and then unretired again from the packers? Can you please support your statement with dates, because you are wrong. he officially retired from the Packers in late winter of 2008, then came out of retirement when he was traded to the Jets, but if you have more proof of more retirements please feel free to share them.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    I am wrong he didnt actually retire every time. He did hold the Pack hostage for the last three years of his career here with Favre watch.