Page 463 of 563 FirstFirst ... 363 413 453 461 462 463 464 465 473 513 ... LastLast
Results 9,241 to 9,260 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeefers View Post
    But.. but I'm not miserable for days and I don't throw up when they loose and I don't Threaten to beat people up. I just go "aww man..." and am maybe a little sad for a day or two (up to 3 days when we lost the SB in 97). But then ya bounce right back. It didn't even bother me all that much when we lost last year because...well, damn! 15-1, are you kiddin me!? I also get that me writing what I do here isn't going to change a damn thing. That's pretty elementary stuff. The only thing it is going to change is my perspective on the game. I come to this website to learn other view points and try to get a better understanding of the game. I mean, this topic doesn't have a lot to do with the game, but it's close enough for me.

So uh... what now? Hug it out?
    This is the emotional part of the game. Brett Favre is still the biggest news story in Wisconsin. He is the most polarizing figure in Wisconsin sports' history, and the next time he says anything it will immediately be picked up and reported by the Wisconsin news media. He gave an interview this fall before he did a broadcast for the Southern Miss game, and every single word was pull apart and analyized for hidden meanings, and slights.

What I don't get, if you are so easy going about actual losses that happen on the field, then why are you still so bent out of shape about Favre? When was the last time Favre impacted a loss for the Packers?

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    This is the emotional part of the game. Brett Favre is still the biggest news story in Wisconsin. He is the most polarizing figure in Wisconsin sports' history, and the next time he says anything it will immediately be picked up and reported by the Wisconsin news media. He gave an interview this fall before he did a broadcast for the Southern Miss game, and every single word was pull apart and analyized for hidden meanings, and slights.

What I don't get, if you are so easy going about actual losses that happen on the field, then why are you still so bent out of shape about Favre? When was the last time Favre impacted a loss for the Packers?
    Seems to me you and Woody are really the only ones still bent on Favre. Everyone else would like to let it rest. Hard to do with the amount of trolling though.

Brett Favre has a little wiener and he is a big dick.

Wait-n-See Rat All-Pro Smeefers's Avatar

Just because I don't jump to extremes, it doesn't mean I'm not emotionally attached to what happened. No matter how I try to come up with an explanation, I can't figure out how to explain to you why I'm more upset about Favre than I am over the loss of a single game. Favre played for us for 15 years, was the heart of the team and there was the messiest divorce in sports history between him and our team. And then there's that one game we played. It's just so very small in comparison.
    - Once again, adding absolutely nothing to the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Brett Favre has a little wiener and he is a big dick.

This is funny....Thing I don't understand is how do you know? Everytime somebody's tool is posted online you have to go check it out?

To be fair, he has famously large hands, so objects may be larger than they appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Seems to me you and Woody are really the only ones still bent on Favre. Everyone else would like to let it rest. Hard to do with the amount of trolling though.
    Don't you have something to moderate?

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    If he let Fritz do this, I would also feel better about him. Should we get a petition going?
    I say yes! Start a full-out petition drive to allow me to have sex with Deanna. Deliver it into the hands of Brent Favre. Photo opp there for ol' #4.

Me and Deanna, alone for three and a half minutes. I walk out smiling, Deanna walks out frowning.

Once again, I love Brent. And once again, so does Deanna.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LEWCWA View Post
    This is funny....Thing I don't understand is how do you know? Everytime somebody's tool is posted online you have to go check it out?
    I betting he checks out tools offline also.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeefers View Post
    Just because I don't jump to extremes, it doesn't mean I'm not emotionally attached to what happened. No matter how I try to come up with an explanation, I can't figure out how to explain to you why I'm more upset about Favre than I am over the loss of a single game. Favre played for us for 15 years, was the heart of the team and there was the messiest divorce in sports history between him and our team. And then there's that one game we played. It's just so very small in comparison.

"Favre played for us for 15 years, was the heart of the team" Smeefers

You're right Smeefers ! He demonstrated 'just that again' in his last game wearing the Green and Gold. A win or a loss. Should it all be read in just one play? If that was the case why ever watch a game live or on the tube. You better and as well might simply read about it in the sports section of your local newspaper.

Some of us football fans actually look at a football game in a much more concientious manner. Well ..... we watch the game.

If you look honestly at Favre's last game as a Packer. Favre's last play led to the eventual loss. Yet throughout that last game Brett Favre was the heart and soul and the BEST chance we had for a win over the New York GIANTS. Brett Favre was always our teams BEST Chance for a win. He was all that again on Jan. 29,2008 at Lambeau Field, inspite of so much against him.

In that game the GIANTS owned us again. It's looking like a habit. In that loss to the GIANTS we had the ball on offense for 'only' 22:34 Vs the Giants 40:01. At one point Brett Favre was on the sideline waiting to get a snap for 'a duration of 37 minutes' in extreme cold.

( -3 C degress with a wind chill of -22 ).

Eli Manning shook off conditions that were about as extreme as any in NFL history. He repeatedly put the Giants in position to win in the third-coldest championship game ever. It was so cold that sideline TV commenter Pam Oliver informed us that the heaters on the sidelines were virtually trumped by the extreme cold.

Favre came out of the blocks looking very sharp considering that his HC refused to recognize the impacy of playing the bigges game of the season in extreme conditions. Inspite of the fact he was obviously very cold. Brett Favre passed very well. At about the three quarter point of the 2nd quarter Favre showed us the GREATNESS of Favre. Favre got us into the dressing room at the half up 10-6.

Do you forget Favre's brilliant play-fake that sprung tight end Donald Lee free in the back of the end zone for a 12-yard TD reception and a 17-13 lead in the 3rd quarter?

Do you forget that Brett Favre staged yet another 4th quarter comeback and the game was tied 20-20 in regulation?

Our total offfense was 264 yards. 236 yards through the air and 'only' 28 yards rushing on 14 carrys.

Do members forget the poor effort put forward by our defense? That all day we observed Al Harris being owned by Plaxico Burris.

Time after time the announcers reminded us that Packer HC Mike McCarthy failed to recognize that Al Harris needed support to double team Burris. Do y'all recall that?

Did you observe CB Charles Woodson caught out of position missing tackles and falling to the ground. Don't you recall the penalty's imposed on our defense in crucial situations? Maybe y'all should review that game.

When Plaxico Burris was the decoy Eli Manning utilized the skills of WR Amani Toomer. Time after time Eli Manning put his team into position to dominate our team on the scoreboard. Only to see the Giants kicker Lawrence Tynes miss 2 normally automatic FG attempts of under 40 yards. The football was frozen.

Do you forget that on that day our leaders on defense were Corey Williams and KGB? Don't you recall Both along with Brett Favre soon to be expelled from Green Bay. Whatever 'our best' on that day did ....... it obviously wasn't enough.

On another note I have to comment on this silly stuff some of you delight in making fools of yourselves over.

It's funny how members here STOOP TO POSTING that members like myself should cash in our Green Bay Packer LOYALTY CARDS and support another NFL team. Why is that? Is it because some of us actually watch footnall games? Because we watch Packer games and not just the scoreboard. Because we don't just watch the football?

RE: member Deputy Nutz and believe this this member doesn't need my support Vs some of the most ignorant of you. It's my honest observation that by far 'most of the members at Packerrats' cannot hold a candle to Deputy Nutz's football knowledge nor his dedication to teaching that knowledge to youths and even his loyalty to Packerrats as he so willingly has donated his free time to this site with excellent knowledge and sharing that.

GO PACKERS !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

To be fair, he has famously large hands, so objects may be larger than they appear.
    Nice save.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-22-2012 at 12:58 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I say yes! Start a full-out petition drive to allow me to have sex with Deanna. Deliver it into the hands of Brent Favre. Photo opp there for ol' #4.

Me and Deanna, alone for three and a half minutes. I walk out smiling, Deanna walks out frowning.

Once again, I love Brent. And once again, so does Deanna.
    If we can't get Deanna, would you settle for Jenn Sterger?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I already called dibs on Sterger.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Woody he is 100% right, I am not or nor longer a Packer Fan. I think I have made that point about 150 times since 2008.
    You have a lot of posts here for a non-Packer fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    huh. Brett couldn't get Jenn Sterger and settled for Deanna.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Only a gay man would see it this backwards.

He already got Deanna. He was just trying to add to the trophy case dumbass.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    You have a lot of posts here for a non-Packer fan.
    Another casualty of the Favre wars.

He may not be a Packer fan any longer but it frees his mind to a zen-state clarity regarding football, and what I like about him is that he's an ornery sonofabitch and he's an original Rat. I respect his agnosticism
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Maybe he was looking for a threesome.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    Another casualty of the Favre wars.

He may not be a Packer fan any longer but it frees his mind to a zen-state clarity regarding football, and what I like about him is that he's an ornery sonofabitch and he's an original Rat. I respect his agnosticism
    He is no longer a Packer Fan because of the Favre mess?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    He is no longer a Packer Fan because of the Favre mess?
    What rock have you been living under for the last 2940 posts?