Page 464 of 563 FirstFirst ... 364 414 454 462 463 464 465 466 474 514 ... LastLast
Results 9,261 to 9,280 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    To be fair, he has famously large hands, so objects may be larger than they appear.

Well, you know what they say, large hands........ large gloves.

nutz is channeling Cliff Christl, not only is he not a Packer fan, he mostly just watches high school football because the pros aren't like the pros of the old days.

Either all of you are dumbasses or I am.

Wait-n-See Rat All-Pro Smeefers's Avatar
    Hey wood, I never said that those who support favre should turn in their loyalty cards or anything to the such. I've never blamed the NY Giants loss solely on Favre. I think both of those ideas are crazy.

All I have stated is that I Loved Favre for how he played in Green Bay and the great memories he gave us. Unfortunately he tainted all those memories with the way he left and he did so in the following ways:
    1. For years he refused to tell the media if he was coming back or not. So we had to play the guessing game and we were essentially held hostage by his whims.
    2. After actually retiring he came back and created a very uncomfortable situation in Green Bay.
    3. He spoke publicly demonizing our organization. (Greta)
    4. He said real packer fans would support him leaving.

At this point he went to the Jets and things were fine for me. I didn't love him, but I didn't hate him. I wished him luck in his endevours. Given a couple years of things cooling down, I would have welcomed him back with open arms. But then...

4. He retired from the Jets just to get our of his deal in order to specifically go to the Vikings (arguably our greatest division rival) in order to play and beat us, which he did, handidly.
    5. After retiring for good (hopefully) from the Vikings, he continued to bad mouth the packers via contacting the Lions to give hints and wishing Urlacker the best of luck against us.

And so now I hold a much greater animosity towards him. It became personal because I do Identify with the packers and his attacks on them feel like attacks on me. The more he did to insure the packers failed, the more I disliked him, but the real breaking point was him signing up for the Vikings. He probably could have done all those other things and I would have forgiven him easily once the dust settled, but going to the Vikings was the real killer. That turned him from hero to villain in my eyes. And so, as I discussed earlier with Nutz, in order for me to change my mind on him, he has to work towards erasing the ill will he has built up now. If he would attempt to mend the rift between himself and the Packers, I could still see myself forgiving him. That has yet to happen and so I continue to dislike him, but I do eagerly await for the day that he changes my mind.

I understand why some people still support him and I don't think that makes them any less a packer fan. They just happen to be Packers fans and Favre fans. Just because I can't reconcile the differences doesn't mean other people can't.

I also understand why people think it must be one or the other, because there's such a huge divide between the two. It's like being a die hard Boston fan and a die hard Yankees fan at the same time. I'm not saying that's right, but I see where they're coming from.
    - Once again, adding absolutely nothing to the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    What rock have you been living under for the last 2940 posts?
    Gee, I don't keep score of what side everyone is on with the Favre shit. Pardon me all to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    What rock have you been living under for the last 2940 posts?
    Pugger I sense that your a nice person. Based solely on the posts in this thread going back 'specifically' to the TOP of page 457.

If any member of Packerats ever posted this:

"I've been for a long time a Green Bay Packer fan and will remain loyal to the Green Bay Packers. Yet ... hold a certain distaste and even distain for many Packer fans. Because of their lack of respect and fairness for how much we were spoiled by the contributions of Brett Favre." by any Packer fan in the world

This is specifically for you and I request that you merely think about it.

Is that above statement (not assigned to any member here) beyond your fair and/or compassionate ability to understand?

GO PACKERS !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Mad, is there anyway you can limit someone to 5 post per day? Or less

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Well, you know what they say, large hands........ large gloves.
    Leave OJ out of this!

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Gee, I don't keep score of what side everyone is on with the Favre shit. Pardon me all to hell.
    there are only 13 total posters here, it isn't real hard. You are the one that is keeping track of posts, not me.

Wait-n-See Rat All-Pro Smeefers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

"I've been for a long time a Green Bay Packer fan and will remain loyal to the Green Bay Packers. Yet ... hold a certain distaste and even distain for many Packer fans. Because of their lack of respect and fairness for how much we were spoiled by the contributions of Brett Favre." by any Packer fan in the world
    I'm having a hard time figuring it out. So what the writer is saying that he's a big packer fan, but he hates other fans because they don't respect Brett? I think that's it. If it is, I think that's dumb. I mean, I get *why* they do, but that stance ignores everything he did after oh, say, 2005. That would be like my brother Joe building me a house. Then a couple years later he destroys my front lawn and moves in with my ex wife and talks shit about me behind my back. You know, I'm really greatfull that Joe built my house, he did me a solid, but there's no way I'm letting him slide for the other stuff.
    - Once again, adding absolutely nothing to the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeefers View Post
    I'm having a hard time figuring it out. So what the writer is saying that he's a big packer fan, but he hates other fans because they don't respect Brett? I think that's it. If it is, I think that's dumb. I mean, I get *why* they do, but that stance ignores everything he did after oh, say, 2005. That would be like my brother Joe building me a house. Then a couple years later he destroys my front lawn and moves in with my ex wife and talks shit about me behind my back. You know, I'm really greatfull that Joe built my house, he did me a solid, but there's no way I'm letting him slide for the other stuff.
    Awesome analogy understood and appreciated by this member of an unjust wrong based in a certain disrespect.

Does it apply to anything RE: Brett Favre?

Ohh.....

I will pray that nothing like that ever happens to you Smeefers.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    Leave OJ out of this!

Nothing .......resembling murder..... is allowed on Packerrats ... last time I checked.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post

Are you 'in trouble'? DO YOU need HELP?

Are you 'addicted....obsessive...out of control'? Have you consulted ' Forum Posters Anonymous'. Every addiction has it's cure.

It's the GREAT Americsn way.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I suspect this is a true statement:

No poster.... at Packerrats wants anything to do with Favre's shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeefers View Post
    Hey wood, I never said that those who support favre should turn in their loyalty cards or anything to the such. I've never blamed the NY Giants loss solely on Favre. I think both of those ideas are crazy.

All I have stated is that I Loved Favre for how he played in Green Bay and the great memories he gave us. Unfortunately he tainted all those memories with the way he left and he did so in the following ways:
    1. For years he refused to tell the media if he was coming back or not. So we had to play the guessing game and we were essentially held hostage by his whims.
    2. After actually retiring he came back and created a very uncomfortable situation in Green Bay.
    3. He spoke publicly demonizing our organization. (Greta)
    4. He said real packer fans would support him leaving.

At this point he went to the Jets and things were fine for me. I didn't love him, but I didn't hate him. I wished him luck in his endevours. Given a couple years of things cooling down, I would have welcomed him back with open arms. But then...

4. He retired from the Jets just to get our of his deal in order to specifically go to the Vikings (arguably our greatest division rival) in order to play and beat us, which he did, handidly.
    5. After retiring for good (hopefully) from the Vikings, he continued to bad mouth the packers via contacting the Lions to give hints and wishing Urlacker the best of luck against us.

And so now I hold a much greater animosity towards him. It became personal because I do Identify with the packers and his attacks on them feel like attacks on me. The more he did to insure the packers failed, the more I disliked him, but the real breaking point was him signing up for the Vikings. He probably could have done all those other things and I would have forgiven him easily once the dust settled, but going to the Vikings was the real killer. That turned him from hero to villain in my eyes. And so, as I discussed earlier with Nutz, in order for me to change my mind on him, he has to work towards erasing the ill will he has built up now. If he would attempt to mend the rift between himself and the Packers, I could still see myself forgiving him. That has yet to happen and so I continue to dislike him, but I do eagerly await for the day that he changes my mind.

I understand why some people still support him and I don't think that makes them any less a packer fan. They just happen to be Packers fans and Favre fans. Just because I can't reconcile the differences doesn't mean other people can't.

I also understand why people think it must be one or the other, because there's such a huge divide between the two. It's like being a die hard Boston fan and a die hard Yankees fan at the same time. I'm not saying that's right, but I see where they're coming from.
    Hi Smeefers:

This is my third time trying to respond to your well understood post above. I get you and certainly respect you.

I believe I have proof that Brett Favre himself would certainly admit to you the Packer fan that he made certain errors back in 2008 before the Green Bay Packers traded him to the New York Jets. I believe as well that he would expand on that by informing you from his view that both sides made errors. You and I might even agree on that 'as a fact or the TRUTH'?

Here is where it gets dicey for you and I as Packer fans. How we stand on different sides.

I can only speculate on why? we do not agree and maybe it's IMO simply a cultural thing. see when the Packers traded Favre to the jets his desteny was in his own hands.I'm very positive that the collapse experienced by the Jets in 2008 wasn't anything that Brett Favre orchestrated or wished for. I refer to the serious injury that hampered his play in the final six games of that season culminating in a week 17 loss to the miami dolphins and what after ten weeks looked like a sure jet solid position in the post season was drained ...down the toilet by that Dolphin victory.

Favre felt terrible in terms of letting the Jets down. Favre soon after that seasons end. Clearly and prudently advised the Jets to determine another starting QB for the 2009 season.

How Brett Favre came to wear a Vikings jersey is beyond my scope of certain kniowledge. Did you or I believe that was his obvious destiny after week ten of the 2008 season? I certainly didn't imagine that possibility. He seemed to me too focused on possibly winning another MVP and leading the Jets to a Super Bowl. Favre looked solid behind center as a Jet until his injury. An injury that was later revealed as covered up the the jets HC Mangini... for which he was subsequently fined by the NFL.

As a Canadian I'm 'of course' an NHL fan. Used to seeing our hero's traded to different teams. Used to the obvious assumption that a player traded is a player that is certainly focused on playing a career game the next time he faces his old team. Focused on sticking it to his old team but not doing so in any disrespect for that teams players or fans.

Is that where the rub lies with Packer fans such as you and I?

An obvious cultural difference in terms of our understanding of what a PRO athlete is and what Pro organizations are in terms of the word 'LOYALTY".

When the Packers traded Favre they ensured one reality. Brett Favre ws then and in his future a FREE Man in terms of his talents and service to any football team that saw a need to sign him.

GO PACKERS !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-23-2012 at 11:25 AM.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    No but I think there is a characters limit per post.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    I verify that is a fact.

We need a characters per forum limit. Send some of our characters over to packerchatters.com
    Swede and Wist are very much on my nerves. I thought Nutz was OK, but lately he's been a bully with all the threats. Let him and his whiny little sidekick talk guns over at chatters. A change of scenary might do those punks some good.

We need a characters per forum limit. Send some of our characters over to packerchatters.com
    Swede and Wist are very much on my nerves. I thought Nutz was OK, but lately he's been a bully with all the threats. Let him and his whiny little sidekick talk guns over at chatters. A change of scenary might do those punks some good.
    Harlan:

Have you been sent the formal stationary for submitting such suggestions or proposals? I do not want your enormous ideas to be ignored due to a technicality.

It's a part of the package contained in your mailed Packerrats Membership envelope. Available upon paying the new modest rate for a Packerrat of $600.00 American per annum. For your convenience that's available in 4 installments of $150.00 per quarter beginning April 01, 2013.

A price increase is at the sole discretion of 'the owner'.

This is NOT a Public Service Announcement. Keep up with 'the scoop (s)'... yourselves.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-23-2012 at 01:02 PM.

Sometimes Man. You're soooo sweet.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Excellent suggestions but Nutz will only agree to a trade to purplepride.org where he can get back at us by posting for our hated rivals.