Page 471 of 563 FirstFirst ... 371 421 461 469 470 471 472 473 481 521 ... LastLast
Results 9,401 to 9,420 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    There is a two part special on the NFL Network of Deon Sanders interviwing Brett Favre is anybody wants to watch. Form the highlights Favre comes accross like a smug piece of shit
    You must have been watching a different special than I was. It was well done and Brett never seemed smug, but most on here whine no matter what he does.

Ground Rat
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Whatever happened to that "Aw shucks" guy we thought we knew and loved?
    I think things started to fall apart and he just ripped the wheels off and everything just snowballed into a giant shit sandwich he just couldn't stop eating.

Didn't hear the interview, but from reading some of the transcripts, it sounds like Favre has no intention of reconciling with the Packers as long as Thompson is around. Too bad he's still bitter, but that's his choice and his problem.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

He did seem to honestly admit that the money was too good to turn down in 2010, when asked why he returned for that year. Seems very reasonable. But I'd bet it wasn't the only reason.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Didn't hear the interview, but from reading some of the transcripts, it sounds like Favre has no intention of reconciling with the Packers as long as Thompson is around. Too bad he's still bitter, but that's his choice and his problem.
    Truly. Too bad for him. Forgiveness can be a powerful healing force.

Whatever happened to that "Aw shucks" guy we thought we knew and loved?
    coaching high school ball in mississippi.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Some of the radio guys here in the Twin Cities thought he was typical Favre in the interview about 2010. He came out and said that he knew that the magic wasn't going to happen again, said that things just wouldn't fall into place, mentioned some items but never brought up that he simply played poorly.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Some of the radio guys here in the Twin Cities thought he was typical Favre in the interview about 2010. He came out and said that he knew that the magic wasn't going to happen again, said that things just wouldn't fall into place, mentioned some items but never brought up that he simply played poorly.
    Self evaluation wasn't his strong suit in the latter half of his career. I wonder if its possible to play QB at a high level for an entire career without eventually succumbing to defensiveness or the urge to collect veteran FAs like a magpie with shiny objects.

Its probably part and parcel with players who have trouble adjusting to life after football. They don't wish to leave the spotlight, but everything about their profession tells them it will be over very soon.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

It's really weird to me to imagine if he'd actually stayed retired after that 13-3 surprise season. He'd be worshipped in Green Bay, with all kinds of "what ifs" and wondering what might've happened if only he'd have come back for one more year. People would have been sad and wistful and loved him for his dedication, for stepping out while near the top of his game, for his love for Green Bay. He would have been seen as a hero, a guy who overcame a prescription drug and alcohol addiction, who overcame his father's death, who settled down and became a family man. He would have been beloved.

But I suppose I've fucked up many, many times in my life, made poor decisions. Luckily I'm not in the spotlight.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He did seem to honestly admit that the money was too good to turn down in 2010, when asked why he returned for that year. Seems very reasonable. But I'd bet it wasn't the only reason.
    Hard to imagine someone with over $150,000,000 in career earnings needed another year of "good" money. It seems like an easy out to say that.

Nothing wrong will working a couple of extra years but I am guessing his family is set for at least 3 generations without the last two years.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Hard to imagine someone with over $150,000,000 in career earnings needed another year of "good" money. It seems like an easy out to say that.

Nothing wrong will working a couple of extra years but I am guessing his family is set for at least 3 generations without the last two years.
    Deanna doesn't pay her bills.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    It's really weird to me to imagine if he'd actually stayed retired after that 13-3 surprise season. He'd be worshipped in Green Bay, with all kinds of "what ifs" and wondering what might've happened if only he'd have come back for one more year. People would have been sad and wistful and loved him for his dedication, for stepping out while near the top of his game, for his love for Green Bay. He would have been seen as a hero, a guy who overcame a prescription drug and alcohol addiction, who overcame his father's death, who settled down and became a family man. He would have been beloved.

But I suppose I've fucked up many, many times in my life, made poor decisions. Luckily I'm not in the spotlight.
    He couldn't walk away, he felt he was so close to winning a championship, and he couldn't let it go. He loved winning, he loved the cheers, and he loved the game. He was addicted and like so many other addictions you don't stop them until your body shuts down on itself. He wasn't concerned with his legacy, or at least the expectations that other people had for his legacy. 20 years of stardom and living as everyone else's hero and poster boy, and saint and sinner people have their opinions some of them fair, but regardless of spectrum most of them are now ridiculous. He still can't take a shit without Packer Fan commenting on it, and making it the talk of their sports day.

Geriatric Rat All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    He couldn't walk away, he felt he was so close to winning a championship, and he couldn't let it go. He loved winning, he loved the cheers, and he loved the game. He was addicted and like so many other addictions you don't stop them until your body shuts down on itself. He wasn't concerned with his legacy, or at least the expectations that other people had for his legacy.
    That's exactly how I felt before I left competitive Jarts forever.

I once got a jart stuck in my mouth, I walked away from the game at 11 years old.

He still can't take a shit without Packer Fan commenting on it, and making it the talk of their sports day.
    You had a good post going...Just can't help but troll I guess.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    He couldn't walk away, he felt he was so close to winning a championship, and he couldn't let it go. He loved winning, he loved the cheers, and he loved the game. He was addicted and like so many other addictions you don't stop them until your body shuts down on itself. He wasn't concerned with his legacy, or at least the expectations that other people had for his legacy. 20 years of stardom and living as everyone else's hero and poster boy, and saint and sinner people have their opinions some of them fair, but regardless of spectrum most of them are now ridiculous. He still can't take a shit without Packer Fan commenting on it, and making it the talk of their sports day.
    While I'm not going to go back through the whole thread, I think it wasn't until your post at number 9,412 that BF's shit was mentioned or commented on.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

If he wanted another ring why did he quit on a team that was an INT in overtime away from a SB XLII berth?

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    You had a good post going...Just can't help but troll I guess.
    Fuck you. I listen to sports talk radio all fucking day long, and all last week the biggest talk on the dial was Favre's interview with Deion, and whether or not he was going to go Holmgren's induction. So ya, I am right.

He still can't take a shit without Packer Fan commenting on it, and making it the talk of their sports day.
    Fuck you. I listen to sports talk radio all fucking day long, and all last week the biggest talk on the dial was Favre's interview with Deion, and whether or not he was going to go Holmgren's induction. So ya, I am right.
    Oh, so what they were really talking about were an event and a topic instigated and promoted nationally by the media. That doesn't really prove your point that fans hang on every little thing he does.

He's gone from a god to a caricature, so sure, people will still talk about him if he is brought up as a subject. Doesn't mean they really care all that much about his routine matters.

When the dumb ass comes out in a national interview and basically says he couldn't care less whether GB retires his number or not (whether he really means that or not), of course people will talk about it, and anything related to it. Those aren't really bowel movement type activities.

Personally, I think Murphy and everyone associated with the Packers should stop talking about the # retirement thing, and if asked they should simply say, "That is a matter for future consideration."

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    If he wanted another ring why did he quit on a team that was an INT in overtime away from a SB XLII berth?
    I think this is a damn good question. If he really couldn't walk away because he wanted to try for one more ring, why didn't he go to MM and TT and say, "Look, I know you think your boy is ready, but I want one more try for the ring. I'm coming back for one more shot, and after that, I'll let go and you can move on. Whaddya say?"

Speaking of Brent, I've heard his turds were legendary in the locker room for their length and girth, unlike other aspects of Brent.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack